Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan (43539 Views)

Woman Commits Suicide After Her Groom-To-Be Died One Week To Their Wedding / Lagos Building Collapse: Woman Commits Suicide After Losing Two Children / Woman Commits Suicide In Batsari, Katsina (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by dominique(f): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
She should have also fled like the friend did

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by OyiboOyibo(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
Another one.... Nigerians are committing suicide to escape Buhari's Next Level

2 Likes

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by 12345baba(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
See as people dey commit suicide! Suicide is now as easy as prepping noddles

2 Likes

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
When shitt happens you don't solve it with shitt.
You need wisdom.
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by ZeusPharoah1(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
the woman has a good heart but her friend na evil

2 Likes

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by tadezky(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
This is so unfortunate. This is why it's not advisable to stand as surety for anybody when you are not God. See the so-called friend defaulted and bailed selfishly knowing her friend the guarantor will be held.

Everybody for themselves, God for us all.
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by Gforce2019: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
Why can't her family stood as a surety for her?
Irrespective of your status, I can't stand as a surety for anybody.

We don't borrow in winners chapel.
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by Newsloft: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by Gforce2019: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
dominique:
She should have also fled like the friend did

Criminal!
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by Jokerman(m): 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
If the woman had regard for her husband, I don't think she'd have ended her life like this

And for her fleeing friend, to what end??

In the end everyone becomes sloppy.. Ask Gardaffi, El chapo, Escobar, Osama, Evans, Don waney, Anini etc
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by Whobedatte(m): 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
LAPO csn frustrate u ehnnnn
Remember few years ago when they usually come with drummers and towncriers to a neighborhood to frustrate debtors in order to disgrace them
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by ElsonMorali: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2019
Suicide rate in Nigeria is gradually becoming a national security issue.
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by noobody(m): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
Ignorance killed her,
Even if she is arrested,
She can never ever be jailed,
Even if she defaults on the payment terms per month,

RIP RASHEED cry

3 Likes

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by Olodo24: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
Whobedatte:
LAPO csn frustrate u ehnnnn
Remember few years ago when they usually come with drummers and towncriers to a neighborhood to frustrate debtors in order to disgrace them
don't blame the banks. Nigerians are bad debtors. We don't like paying debts in this country. Lend your friend some money and watch how you'll lose your money and friendship.

13 Likes

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by erico2k2(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
post=80677120:
A 41-year-old woman, Mrs Shakirat Rasheed, has committed suicide inside her home in the Awotan area of Apete community in Ibadan. Rasheed's body was found dangling in her living room at about 1:00 p.m and her body was discovered dangling from the ceiling in the room by her husband who was kept in the dark about the loan and the pressure from the bank

According to reports, Rasheed allegedly committed suicide over a loan taken from a micro finance bank popularly known as LAPO. A family source said the deceased stood as a guarantor for her friend who obtained a loan from LAPO office at Awotan area and when the friend was unable to pay the loan, she went into hiding. The bank officials turned to Rasheed to pay the money, giving her an installmental payment arrangement which she must follow or be arrested. The pressure from the bank forced her into depression.

Confused as to how to get the money, Mrs Rasheed decided that the best way to get out of the dilemma was to take her life.

https://all-gists..com/2019/07/married-woman-commits-suicide-over-friends-unpaid-lapo-loan.html
Please and Please People be wise, unable to pay back a loan is not a criminal offence, there is nothing like JAIL highest you go to court tell Mr Judge you can't pay and they confiscate your property highest, .The fault here is the Bank who did not do proper risk assessment b4 granting loans,So saying the arrest was a threat at this point the lady should have partitioned the bank!

1 Like

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by erico2k2(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
Olodo24:
don't blame the banks. Nigerians are bad debtors. We don't like paying debts in this country. Lend your friend some money and watch how you'll lose your money and friendship.
(ja dey learn, come UK come see debt. Look only a foolish man go say the rain wey dey fall outside no concern me cos the flood will pass fru his front door still. Who and what did you think caused the credit crunch
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by arofemites(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
oluwamykel:
Guarantor... The way I run from it ehn.

Some think its just an honour to name them as ones guarantor. Ask GTB, they will explain better.

Not like that. What if you need a guarantor too?
Under law, you can't be arrested for guaranteeing a defector.

You can only be informed on the defect.
Don't let anyone bully you on this.

Know your right.

6 Likes

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by erico2k2(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2019
noobody:
Ignorance killed her,
Even if she is arrested,
She can never ever be jailed,
Even if she defaults on the payment terms per month,

RIP RASHEED cry
Ignorance of the highest order, No arrest can be implemented unless illegal ones, It is not a criminal offence and she was not running!
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by erico2k2(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2019
arofemites:

Not like that. What if you need a guarantor too?
Under law, you can't be arrested for guaranteeing a defector.

You can only be informed on the defect.
Don't let anyone bully you on this.

Know your right.
The court can enforce confiscation order on your property cos you will be liable to repay!
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by smasher1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
oluwamykel:
Guarantor... The way I run from it ehn.

Some think its just an honour to name them as ones guarantor. Ask GTB, they will explain better.

We need to know who we guarantee. But if you don't guarantee others today, someday you will need someone to surety you.

1 Like

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by smasher1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
erico2k2:

Please and Please People be wise, unable to pay back a loan is not a criminal offence, there is nothing like JAIL highest you go to court tell Mr Judge you can't pay and they confiscate your property highest, .The fault here is the Bank who did not do proper risk assessment b4 granting loans,So saying the arrest was a threat at this point the lady should have partitioned the bank!

How much loan do LAPO a Micro finance bank give that would warrant one committing suicide. I am sure it might not be up to N200k. That's too small to die for. The truth about the '' suicide'' may not be known.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by Ilekokonit: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
RIP to the dead but when you tell women of the wisdom and long term benefits of listening to and seeking advice from their husbands rather than their female friends they will not listen and tell you that Oko kan o kun cupboard meaning that a husband is not all that and is just overhyped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by smasher1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
erico2k2:

The court can enforce confiscation order on your property cos you will be liable to repay!

How much property for loan that may not be up to N200k? D truth on the '' suicide'' was likely not stated here

2 Likes

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by kilokeys(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
I cannot guarantee more than my 3 months salary to anyone.

I turned down a friend's Guaranty of 3M. How I for do?
He was hurt.. But boys will be boys... He saw it my way. We still cool
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by martinsaba: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
I was also a victim of over trust, some one begged me to help him get a loan, trusted him and got it, after the first month, stories started coming and he never paid the remaining till today, I had to manage for 6 months + till I completed the loan of about 500k.. Suicide is not an option, January-july 2019 will not be forgotten too soon

5 Likes

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by spiceadole: 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Another person collected a loan..chop the money
Me come commit suicide for money wey I no follow chop.

Some joke
Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by smasher1(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
otokx:
Do not sign guarantor form for anybody.

Stop saying this unless you would never need a help from someone in future. We all even the richest person needs help from people at one time or the other. What you need to do is to know the kind of person you help. It's not everyone you can guarantee just as it is not every one you borrow money to either with or without interest.

1 Like

Re: Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan by jrusky(m): 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
Let the damn LAPO or LUPO go and cleft their damn money from her dead body. Though suicide is not the option but why threatening to arrest while struggling to pay. Is their any that jail a debtor if their is any I want to know Pls?

Someone collect loan you should have more civil way of getting your money back not through harrassement and intimidation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eight Arrested During Initiation Into One Million Boys (Photos) / Abuja Business Woman Beats House Help, Injures Her Major Body Parts (Photos) / Lady Shot Dead In Ikorodu Traffic Robbery, Daughter Kidnapped... Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.