Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe (23524 Views)

My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental / Arsenal Investigate Pepe’s £72m Record Transfer Fee / Romelu Lukaku Arrives Italy To Seal £72m Inter Milan Transfer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by DimIsaac10(m): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2019
Make dem sign me for just 2 million.. I promise them 40 goals with no injury at all.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by kerry57: 7:43am On Jul 28, 2019
Up Gunners for life. Crystal palace can go and eat their zaha now , his compatriot,Pepe is better. He has been the most talk about player this transfer window. Now i see why Josh Kreonke said we the fans should be happy ahead of time.
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by babyfaceafrica: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2019
Lekison:
that guy bagged 23goals with 13 assist last season. Stop being a bad belle
michu bagged 20 goals for swansea ,where he dey now?..one season wonder dey o
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Exempted: 7:45am On Jul 28, 2019
BadAdviser:
72Million euros for this over hyped piece of poo smh

Zaha is valued by crystal palace at that same price. So u think Arsenal should have bought Zaha instead of this guy? This guy is far ahead of Zaha in all aspects bro. Even scores goals. Imagine 23 goals in a season by a winger. How many of our EPL strikers scored 23goals last season

I am a man utd fan, a big fan of Zaha, but I love being realistic...

13 Likes

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Ealiserwest(m): 7:49am On Jul 28, 2019
jaykaylegend:
Go watch his videos on YouTube.

Na YouTube u wan follow.. e fit flop for Premier league bro grin grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:49am On Jul 28, 2019
logon599:
Wow could this be for real? Cos I know that Arsenal have 'agreed' deals for nearly half of the big stars that are currently playing in other clubs now. Though to be fair, those were during the Wenger years. If they secure this one, then they have gotten one of the hottest prospects in this summer transfer window.

They probably opted for Pepe instead of Zaha cos Lille agreed for the fee to be paid over the years. Arsenal will never cough out this much for a player at once.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Ealiserwest(m): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2019
Exempted:

Zaha is valued by crystal palace at that same price. So u think Arsenal should have bought Zaha instead of this guy? This guy is far ahead of Zaha in all aspects bro. Even scores goals. Imagine 23 goals in a season by a winger. How many of our EPL strikers scored 23goals last season

I am a man utd fan, a big fan of Zaha, but I love being realistic...

No use France compare EPL..

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by crazygod(m): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2019
Klopp u see itself. Why is this guy refusing to buy players? Y? angry
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Yhukay00: 7:51am On Jul 28, 2019
mikkycoins:
72 million for pepe! Chai!
Arsenal don cast finally
I prefer a zaha that can terrorize defenders and score goals
What arsenal needs now are highly talented defenders to avoid conceding goals
pepe terrorizes defenders too, and is ahead of zaha in finishing.

8 Likes

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Kenneth10110(m): 7:58am On Jul 28, 2019
BadAdviser:
72Million euros for this over hyped piece of poo smh
You never watch the guy before am sure you no be Arsenal fan the news they pinch you.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by mikkycoins(m): 7:58am On Jul 28, 2019
Yhukay00:
pepe terrorizes defenders too, and is ahead of zaha in finishing.
well I don't know much about him since he plays in the French league
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 28, 2019
DimIsaac10:
Make dem sign me for just 2 million.. I promise them 40 goals with no injury at all.
Sign u as a footballer abi ball boy? abeg stick with ur street football jare. if you do well Iwuanyanwu FC go sign u
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Exempted: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2019
Ealiserwest:

No use France compare EPL..

Oga, this guy surpassed all the top strikers in French league last season including calvani & Naymar. Is Mbappe a striker? Yet he was the top scorer.

Like I said earlier, I am a Man Utd Fan, Adant supporter of Zaha, but I prefer dis guy and I love being realistic.

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by DimIsaac10(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2019
R2bees:
Sign u as a footballer abi ball boy? abeg stick with ur street football jare. if you do well Iwuanyanwu FC go sign u
bad belle ..... Laughs..
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Tywo2018: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2019
They are going to pay instalmentally. Arsenal can price

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Akinbahm(m): 8:15am On Jul 28, 2019
Am not after Pepe contending for Golden boot all I want is he terrorizing opposition defence just the way sterling, Messi, Robben dey finish defender and lay final pass to Mr tap in to finalize the game before the latter half.
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Chrisbeks: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2019
Waste of money, no be that Pepe wey I see for afcon wey no fit do better pull out sef?
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by martineverest(m): 8:24am On Jul 28, 2019
jaykaylegend:
Go watch his videos on YouTube.
we have been watching YouTube videos are players and many of they under performed after been brought
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by martineverest(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2019
I live the way smaller clubs are milking bigger clubs with player sales
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by omooba969(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
you dont judge playera by youtube..even samuel chukwueze will look like messi on youtube

Abeg go and sit down.
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Skmoda(m): 8:53am On Jul 28, 2019
twinskenny:
End of nwobi?
Iwobi can switch to midfield coming from a man utd fan grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by foreshore(m): 9:03am On Jul 28, 2019
ogbiwa:
Arsenal have reached an agreement with French club Lille to sign Ivory Coast winger Nicolas Pepe in a deal worth 80m euros (£72m).

The Gunners will pay for the 24-year-old via a series of instalments that suit their restricted budget for this summer.

An agreement between Arsenal and Pepe's representatives still needs to be finalised.

But the transfer is expected to be completed in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Italian side Napoli also met Lille's asking price, but their proposal was rejected by the player's camp.

Pepe tends to operate on the right wing and cut in on to his left foot, but can also be used as a striker in a 4-4-2 formation.

He scored 23 goals for Lille last season and satisfies Arsenal's need for a wide player with pace and high technical ability.

Arsenal offered £40m for Crystal Palace's Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha earlier this month, but their Premier League rivals value the player at about £80m.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49137976

Short one player. Arsenal knows how to waste money
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Dino98: 9:08am On Jul 28, 2019
logon599:
Wow could this be for real? Cos I know that Arsenal have 'agreed' deals for nearly half of the big stars that are currently playing in other clubs now. Though to be fair, those were during the Wenger years. If they secure this one, then they have gotten one of the hottest prospects in this summer transfer window.

It's normal na....watch him go to Napoli or some other club. Is it not Arsenal again??

Useless football club!!
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by sparta191(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2019
OTayobami:
Hey! Hey! Hey! For those of you saying bullcrap that this plays is over hyped, i want y'all to know that Liverpool, Naples, Tottenham and united were also in the race for this guy so stfu!
COYG!!!

Hope he's not a one season wonder like renato sanchez
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by sparta191(m): 9:13am On Jul 28, 2019
Lekison:
that guy bagged 23goals with 13 assist last season. Stop being a bad belle

In a league that mbappe can score from his house.
Neymar scored that amount of goals from his hospital bed.
Arsenal better wise up and sign zaha
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Obason22(m): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2019
Gunners in d hasu should remember that they robbed Liverpool off their target, so u people should not be happy yet cost no champ league for u guyz
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Lekison(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2019
sparta191:

In a league that mbappe can score from his house.
Neymar scored that amount of goals from his hospital bed.
Arsenal better wise up and sign zaha
another bad belle spotted.....same league where cavani,di maria,falcao and other senior attackers could not perform better than him....abeg shift make i hear word

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by martineverest(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2019
DimIsaac10:
u no even say 50k
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by harryakand: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2019
Ealiserwest:

Na YouTube u wan follow.. e fit flop for Premier league bro grin grin cheesy
Even for AFCON the guy nor play anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Seun360(m): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2019
twinskenny:
End of nwobi?
This boy no pass Chukwueze at all. I saw him at the AFCON.
Nothing special.
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by OTayobami(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2019
sparta191:

Hope he's not a one season wonder like renato sanchez

He's not
Re: Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe by Seun360(m): 9:29am On Jul 28, 2019
harryakand:

Even for AFCON the guy nor play anything.

The guy na wash o, the ivorian team would have faired better with Gervinho at the AFCON.

las las, dem go carry hand for head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Liverpool: Between Twitter Influencer And Channels TV / Amara Kanu Nwankwo's Glam Africa Magazine Photoshoot / Iwobi Scores First Premier League Goal For Everton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.