Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental (14983 Views)

Nigerian Supporters Club Still On The Road From Ivory Coast, Bus Spoils In Ghana / Arsenal Agree £72m Deal For Ivory Coast And Lille's Winger Pepe / See Why Kelechi Is Iheanacho's Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Holybwoy: 9:10am On Jan 17
This is an opinion.

Although I cannot do anything to influence the coach's decision on the team's setup and formation in tomorrow's must win or draw match against the AFCON host, as a Nigerian tired of subpar performances and hoping to see our nation go beyond the group stage and even lift the trophy, a decade after achieving that feat, I feel I have a singular responsibility to suggest a lineup and tactics that will work in case anyone cares to listen.

I watched Ivory coast's game in the opening match and like every other Nigerian, I watched Nigeria's game too.

Ours was a disappointing result and only a win or draw versus the host nation is acceptable.

Of course, ivory coast will not be here to play all 90 mins long.

The bright side of our game against equitorial guinea was the inclusion of certain players who were fun to watch and gave the game any semblance of life- Osimhen, lookman, iwobi and Aina.

Cote d'Ivoire wants to win and they are going to press high all game long. The only technical player we can rely on to give iwobi a helping hand in creativity and chance conversion is senior man kelechi.

I was surprised he was an unused substitute in Nigeria's opening match and that must be down to favouritism.

Senior man as he's popularly called has the rythm, can read the intensity of a game intellectually and create spaces with his skills and left foot. Lookman can run, Aina can cross, onyeka can soak pressure, Osimhen can score, iwobi can create and pass but who can open space?

Think of Gabriel Jesus and his duties at Arsenal. That's a similar role to what we can endow on kelechi and trust him to execute it to perfection.

My ideal formation is a 4-1-4-1

Aina- Ekong- seyi-sanusi
Onyeka
Simon-iwobi-kelechi-lookman
Osimhen

Kelechi plays right behind Osimhen and we can have a good game ladies and gentlemen.

Source: Temitope Steve from x

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Ajens1991: 9:35am On Jan 17
Send this to the comment section of the super eagles Facebook page.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Kaxmytex(m): 12:36pm On Jan 17
If LW and RW are in good shape, the elephants go collect..
That last match, I no just feel Moses Simon at all, it's unlike him, I no know wetin xup, I just wan see the Simon wey I use to know tomorrow

7 Likes

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by saintbillion(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17
As long as Tinubu is still the President. Forget about winning any trophy.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by obinna58(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17
Nothing you do make Nigeria no collect 2-0

3 Likes

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by pendusky(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17
Lol, so you no even consider Goal keeper, you think They won't test keeper? Make them no start Uzoho Biko

1 Like

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Indrise644: 12:37pm On Jan 17
see below

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by neyop85(m): 12:38pm On Jan 17
Iwobi bawo?
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by ately1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 17
Check my signature
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by bolt000(m): 12:38pm On Jan 17
We are winning anyways

3 Likes

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Flango: 12:38pm On Jan 17
smiley

In that first game, all I was looking out for was if the players care enough. I thought they did. I liked how Osimhen took the ball immediately after the equalizer to restart quickly rather than celebrate. It showed he wanted to win. The tactical side may be deficient, but these boys will beat Ivory Coast.

I have no doubt about it.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Image123(m): 12:38pm On Jan 17
is he not injured or something?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by AchrafHakimi: 12:38pm On Jan 17
***********Osimhen**********

*Simon - Iheanacho - Chukwueze*

*********Iwobi - Yusuf*********

**Aina - Ekong - Awaziem - Zaidu*

************Nwabali**********

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Starboytwo(m): 12:39pm On Jan 17
We are beating that ivory coast.

Underrate the SE in Afcon at your own peril.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Femeto: 12:40pm On Jan 17
Holybwoy:
This is an opinion.

Although I cannot do anything to influence the coach's decision on the team's setup and formation in tomorrow's must win or draw match against the AFCON host, as a Nigerian tired of subpar performances and hoping to see our nation go beyond the group stage and even lift the trophy, a decade after achieving that feat, I feel I have a singular responsibility to suggest a lineup and tactics that will work in case anyone cares to listen.

I watched Ivory coast's game in the opening match and like every other Nigerian, I watched Nigeria's game too.

Ours was a disappointing result and only a win or draw versus the host nation is acceptable.

Of course, ivory coast will not be here to play all 90 mins long.

The bright side of our game against equitorial guinea was the inclusion of certain players who were fun to watch and gave the game any semblance of life- Osimhen, lookman, iwobi and Aina.

Cote d'Ivoire wants to win and they are going to press high all game long. The only technical player we can rely on to give iwobi a helping hand in creativity and chance conversion is senior man kelechi.

I was surprised he was an unused substitute in Nigeria's opening match and that must be down to favouritism.

Senior man as he's popularly called has the rythm, can read the intensity of a game intellectually and create spaces with his skills and left foot. Lookman can run, Aina can cross, onyeka can soak pressure, Osimhen can score, iwobi can create and pass but who can open space?

Think of Gabriel Jesus and his duties at Arsenal. That's a similar role to what we can endow on kelechi and trust him to execute it to perfection.

My ideal formation is a 4-1-4-1

Aina- Ekong- seyi-sanusi
Onyeka
Simon-iwobi-kelechi-lookman
Osimhen

Kelechi plays right behind Osimhen and we can have a good game ladies and gentlemen.

Source: Temitope Steve from x

We should use thesame formation we used against E.G. Simon should be removed for Kelechi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by BigDawsNet: 12:40pm On Jan 17
We need 2 Dm to play ivory Coast... those guys are attacking team oh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by guysbewise: 12:41pm On Jan 17
What an evil forest! People are being kidnapped everyday and you are here talking about football
https://www.nairaland.com/7972774/talatu-salihu-killed-kidnappers-abuja
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by yemmit90: 12:42pm On Jan 17
No formation can work for Eagle as long as we don't have quality players. These guys are just not good enough, that is all.

2 Likes

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by ogawisdom(m): 12:42pm On Jan 17
Where is our ngolo Kante (Yusuf)

You must be kidding to keep him on the bench.

We need someone to fight for the ball always and win possession for us.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by bigdammyj: 12:43pm On Jan 17
Noted.
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Dearlord(m): 12:43pm On Jan 17
It won't work
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:44pm On Jan 17
Ok. Your opinion is noted.
Our players just have to step up their game irrespective of the line-up.

1 Like

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Lawalemi(m): 12:45pm On Jan 17
I hope the coach is reading. Good thing is that Nigerian teams can always spring pleasant surprises.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by ATEAMS: 12:46pm On Jan 17
Oyyana
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by IMPARTIAL: 12:46pm On Jan 17
AchrafHakimi:
***********Osimhen**********

Simon - Iheanacho - Chukwueze

*********Iwobi - Yusuf*********

Aina - Ekong - Awaziem - Sanusi

************Nwabali**********

So Iwobi is now a defensive midfielder! I laugh in pronoun!

4 Likes

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by AchrafHakimi: 12:48pm On Jan 17
IMPARTIAL:

CM (Mezzala) not a DM

That's what he plays for Everton/Fulham.
Iwobi is a CM not AM or Winger. It's why he flopped at Arsenal.

4 Likes

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Hemanwel(m): 12:55pm On Jan 17
I don't know so much about the Super Eagles coach, Jose Pesseiro; but one thing I can predict about him is that, his sack letter will be delivered to him via Air Peace over there in Kokofua. Lol.

Be that as it may: Nigerians don't understand that the present crop of Super Eagles team is an assembly of below average mediocres. Yes, you heard me! Apart from Victor Osimhien, mention any player in the present team that is Barcelona or Real Madrid worthy; and worse still, under the tutelage of a clueless coach, and you are now expectant of winning the AFCON. Kill that expectations, bro!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by ThunderFireAgba: 12:56pm On Jan 17
Femeto:
We should use thesame formation we used against E.G. Simon should be removed for Kelechi
No. Kelechi shouldn't be on the wings. He should play SS to Osimhen thereby helping the midfield and creating up chances. That is his job! SS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:57pm On Jan 17
Not a bad submission
Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by hotseat: 1:00pm On Jan 17
Dear Op,

I admire your patriotism on the best lineup to face the host country in tomorrow's make or mar match.

However, I wish to shock you that the Eagles ain't going nowhere.

The problem is not in the formation of the "team" but the glaring lack of cohesion, lack of team spirit and the lack of a dogged determination to win matches.

The match against Ivory Coast would further lay bare the inadequacies of the once-upon-a-time Super Eagles.

@hotseat

5 Likes

Re: My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:00pm On Jan 17
IMPARTIAL:

But that was what he played last match, about 45% of his game time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google Celebrates Stephen Keshi's 56th Birthday / Ndidi Nwosu Wins Nigeria’s 5th Gold At Paralympic Games / Rohr Demotes Yusuf To Third Assistant, Imama Won’t Sit On Team Bench Du

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.