Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog (20406 Views)

Rivers State University Teaching Hospital: A Major Boost To The Nigerian Health / That Mouth Blister Is NOT Malaria But Herpes Labialis- Nigerian Health Blog / It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by ovcwality(m): 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jefferyhi86:
That was how I nearly lost my sister due to the fact she's married to a JEHOVAH witness because they don't accept blood transfusion. My pple na so u change am for the hospital and the husband until they finally agree, see my sister now de chop corn n pear every time, I de remind her say if say u foolishly died u for no de chop hot corn n pear grin
Lol, asin how can people be very foolish
anything that is not bad God should be happy with it, i don't need quote from bible to tell me anything grin

1 Like

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by James4bright(m): 12:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
The bible could be interpreted in varieties of ways. Some men of God interpret them wrongly, which turns out negatively.

Wisdom is truly important. Most persons flee from CS as a result it's cost which leads us back to this shithole of a country headed by a tyrant.
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by DrWhizy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
dominique:
Forcing women to deliver vaginally when they should have done cesarian section has led a lot of women to their early graves. But some of these accounts be as e get like the one below

Is this even possible? undecided

Happened to me just this week. It’s not just possible but quite common especially with previous scars.
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by mamajj17(f): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
Some of our BELIEF in Africa ar actually killing us Mentally, Emotionally and Physically. Here in Western World i had all my 3Boys with the help of CS without any Spiritual attachment. Most of this Spiritual Leaders deserve Prison undecided lipsrsealed undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Mizwisdom(f): 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
I tire for some pastors sha, some even claim to change the gender of children in the womb, smh

1 Like

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by chijioke17(m): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mutemenot:
Well, I and my wife once had the experience.. we got two answers from medical doctors... one said there was no fluid in the womb to enable my wife deliver, infact we should get ready in an hour time for CS. Well, I had to take my wife to the original hospital where I registered her first, after series of examination the doctor said I should go home with my wife ... he was mad at the reports of the previous doctor, infact he said my wife would deliver the day.. since I have a car, I shouldn't bother staying at the hospital, I should come back when Labour starts full... I obeyed him, he has been my my doctor from childhood so I trusted him more.. The next day my wife put to birth naturally, baby n the momcame out healthy...
From my experience, women should register in 2 or 3 hospitals, visit them for examinations and see how their reports collides ..

The first doctor who said something about little fluids is a quack, the fluid isn't what enables the woman deliver, infact the fluid only helps in cushioning the baby, serve as recycler and warmth. It must infact be emptied before the baby can be born. Not all doctors sabi work, some paid their way through man know man to get their certifications

3 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Duggedised12(f): 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
chijioke17:

The first doctor who said something about little fluids is a quack, the fluid isn't what enables the woman deliver, infact the fluid only helps in cushioning the baby, serve as recycler and warmth. It must infact be emptied before the baby can be born. Not all doctors sabi work, some paid their way through man know man to get their certifications
is that the water that breaks before labor starts?
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by IdeeEsperanza(m): 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
All I can say is "ignorance"
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Mutemenot(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
chijioke17:

I think the fluid has impact in delivering but in my case there was no discharge from my wife.. so I was wondering if the fluid went to Lagos ... The doctor may not be quack but I believe they make more money through cs... I know of a very big hospital .. seven of my friends who felt they want their wife put to birth in a giant hospital ended up in CS..only one naturally put to birth..

1 Like

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by b3llo(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
udomoh:
These sad stories was shared by doctors whose pregnant patients rejected C-section because they wanted to “deliver like the Hebrew women”.

Nonso the Aproko Doctor™@aproko_doctor
I know a woman who died because her womb tore and the baby entered her abdomen, her pelvis was too small to allow the baby pass. She died before they made it to the hospital. They told her that CS is not her portion, that the doctors are using CS to make money from people.

youngmedicmum@youngmedicmum

This type of case.. every medical doctor in Nigeria has at least one experience. Either as a student or as an intern. My first was as a 500l student. Previous scar, rejected cs. She was brought in dead, baby dead.

Elder Richy (Dr)@Richtyns
I booked a patient for elective C/S on account of Fetal weight of 5.4kg. Her pastor and relative kicked against it and she went to a TBA. Had a ruptured uterus, baby went into the abodomen, crushed vital organs By the time she was rushed back, it was too late lost mother & child.

Adeniran olayemi@ProfdotOlayemi
I scheduled a patient for CS due to previous CS and big baby. She didn’t show up. Was rushed to the hospital 2 days after. They tried vaginal birth with misoprostol. Uterus gave way. She passed on with the baby. One of my horrible days ever.

Mr. Solution@SOLUBABA8
People will keep dying out of ignorance. I recently heard one pastor telling her congregation that CS is not for them, reason being that the Bible has promised that they will deliver like the Hebrew women. Even as a Microbiologist, I understand that Bible verse more than d pastor

Highly Classified@ispeakmymind234
It’s sad to see people risk their lives like that… A close friend recently lost a baby because they(my guy and his wife) were trying to show that she could have a Veejay delivery… There’s no award for that shit people!

E_kHaYnNeR@evraaikay40
CS is not your portion, they say! You’ll deliver like the Hebrew women, they say, forgetting that the phrase “delivered like the Hebrew women” was a LIE told to Pharaoh by the Egyptian midwives, as their consciences couldn’t deal with killing babies. Dem go dey alright Las Las!
Now, whatever any PASTOR or seemingly religious person quotes from the Bible, go and read that verse of the Bible YOURSELF. Read the verse, 4 verses before it, 4 verses after it, Infact, the WHOLE CHAPTER, if that helps you to understand better.

Ife @Fe_ducklin
I knew a Jehovah’s witness who lost so much blood during child birth and the doctors begged her family to allow them give her blood but they refused because it’s against their doctrine. She died some hours later.

Ph_tailor@Virmachclothing
I Know a lady who died out of ignorance because her pastor told her she’d give birth through VB, she died while the local midwives she registered with we’re forcing the baby to come through labour.

Ogunjimi Babajide Adeniji@fjiwad
Just the exact case of my aunty in 1995, her pastor prophesied against the MD’s advice of CS. It was a horrible end. We lost my aunty & the baby. Faith is real & i won’t say don’t believe your pastor’s prophesy but let’s balance it with medical recommendations. It’s just one life.

Virtuous Felix@FelixVirtuous
We learnt our lesson from my mom’s experience. Dad, a pastor totally kicked against CS, baby weighed 5.5, mom had to do it the normal way. Story short, mom had dislocation that she couldn’t walk for three month, baby had dislocation too around her shoulder.Glad they are fine now.

raph_ai@raph_ai
My uncle lost a baby last month because his wife insisted that she would have a vaginal delivery. The baby died and was brought out of her womb through CS. That was my Uncle’s first child, although the lady has a child before and that child was through CS. They’re now separated.

https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/07/26/the-prize-of-delivering-like-the-hebrew-women/?amp
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
it will never be well with those pastors and religious ppl who deceive other ppl into taking certain risky steps with the believe that God will protect u.if your doctor advices u to follow through a procedure pls dont listen to any pastor who tries to talk u out of it.ur pastor is not a doctor.

2 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by favour32(m): 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
Most people have been brainwashed that C.S is not a natural way to arrive the world.
Religious leaders do not help matters.
Who got an award with V delivery?
Awards given are dead mothers and dead babies.
I spent almost 200K for my son to be alive
through C.S. when E.D.D passed several weeks.
Glad to be smart.

3 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Ugosample(m): 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
"delivering like Hebrew women " have to be the dumbest thing I have heard in my life

You are having a kid

nobody cares HOW you had your kid

just come out of the hospital with your child

6 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
dominique:
Forcing women to deliver vaginally when they should have done cesarian section has led a lot of women to their early graves. But some of these accounts be as e get like the one below

I was a medical student spending his holidays observing in a small rural hospital over 10 years ago. They brought in a woman with 'ruptuired uterus' On operating, the fetus was found to have 'ruptured' the woman's womb.

Explanation..the woman had gone to a 'clinic' run by a quack. Labour was not progressing. Quack injected her with wrong dose of oxytocin...which caused the womb to rupture.

Baby delivered dead...and the womb was sutured.

1 Like

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by mfm04622: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
Righteousness89:
No One Stops anyone from Having a CS..

If you Are a Believer and you Believe GOD that you will Have your child without a CS , you will have what you Believe..

I have seen Woman who had a child and never knew she was Pregnant.. infact she was in her house having dinner with her husband when they noticed that they heard a sound . There was no light and they had to bring a lamp to see what fell on the ground, only to see a baby, and some form blood on their mother.
This happened in Lagos..

I have Seen a woman who was born not knowing if she was a man or a woman as she had no organ.. Yet as I say this, she is happily married and with a kid..
This happened in Lagos

I have Seen A woman who doctors removed her womb , Showed it to her and her husband and told them that there is no way she will be able to take in....
Today she has 3 Children.
This Happened in Lagos

There are lots them like that I know of..

If you Pregnant and you don't want a CS let your faith Carry u.

If you Pregnant and you have difficulties in putting to bed, there is no harm in having a CS..

Having CS and not Having CS does not guarantee safe delivery ..

GOD ALMIGHTY is above all

This post should be removed for encouraging suicide (for the mother) and infanticide. Lol at giving birth without a womb!!!!

8 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by bigiyaro(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
me! I prefer CS for my wife o, elected one sef, why put her through labour stress when CS dey? the 9 month stress don do jare, moreover the punna will still be intact. CS babies are overly sharp and physically strong.

3 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by dominique(f): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
chijioke17:

Yes it is, once the contraction is strong and the passage is narrow or the baby is too big, there tends to be a backward pressure exerted on the uterine wall causing a tear, now, meconium spills into the peritoneal cavity ( abdomen) which is supposed to be sterile, depending on the degree of tear, the baby may also escape into the peritonium causing pressure to the stomach, S. I, L. I, kidneys, lungs,bladder etc, this pressure causes rupture of blood vessels leading to internal bleeding. The baby dies from aspiration or suffocation, or both. The woman dies from septic or hypovolemic shock.

Wow! Didn't know that. Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
LadySarah:
We Dont like saying things the way it is cos a lot of Nigerians are hypocrites.Major reasons they reject Cs is Finance.If we had a Sort of insurance covering these births.A lot of these deaths.will be avoided.Ask a woman who had undergone labor more than 24hrs with All strength gone.She will sign anything white As long As She is assured that her bill is covered.They never born man that will tell me he promised himsrlf,family Or God that his wife will not undergo Cs when he doesnt know what labor pain and complication is.

NHIS covers CS, as does PHIS...plus some state governments offer the op free...

3 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by shocks(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
joyfullyjoyous:
Perhaps the Hebrew women maintained healthy living unlike women of our time.

As a matter of fact not really, they gave birth like anyone else. The midwives were disobeying Pharaoh's orders to kill male Hebrew babies at birth so they came up with an excuse to give Pharaoh for disobeying his orders. After attending to the birth, they would save the baby boys then come back to Pharaoh with a story, that the Hebrew women were more agile or fit so they had already given birth before they (the midwives) got to them.
Exodus 1:16-21
[16]And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.
[17]But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive.
[18]And the king of Egypt called for the midwives, and said unto them, Why have ye done this thing, and have saved the men children alive?
[19]And the midwives said unto Pharaoh, Because the Hebrew women are not as the Egyptian women; for they are lively, and are delivered ere the midwives come in unto them.
[20]Therefore God dealt well with the midwives: and the people multiplied, and waxed very mighty.
[21]And it came to pass, because the midwives feared God, that he made them houses.

3 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2019
shocks:

As a matter of fact not really, they gave birth like anyone else. The midwives were disobeying Pharaoh's orders to kill male Hebrew babies at birth so they came up with an excuse to give Pharaoh for disobeying his orders. After attending to the birth, they would save the baby boys then come back to Pharaoh with a story, that the Hebrew women were more agile or fit so they had already given birth before they (the midwives) got to them.
Exodus 1:16-21
[16]And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.
[17]But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive.
[18]And the king of Egypt called for the midwives, and said unto them, Why have ye done this thing, and have saved the men children alive?
[19]And the midwives said unto Pharaoh, Because the Hebrew women are not as the Egyptian women; for they are lively, and are delivered ere the midwives come in unto them.

[20]Therefore God dealt well with the midwives: and the people multiplied, and waxed very mighty.
[21]And it came to pass, because the midwives feared God, that he made them houses.

There is a reason why the Hebrew women were 'delivering fast'...the fact was they were doing a lot of work as slaves..which exercised their bodies...which made them to deliver faster and more easily.

It is suggested that pregant women do some (not too strenous though) exercise for easier delviery, and quicker delivery.
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by chieyine(m): 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2019
dominique:

Very possible Ma
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Winter4: 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2019
Righteousness89:

If you Are a Believer and you Believe GOD that you will Have your child without a CS , you will have what you Believe..

I have seen Woman who had a child and never knew she was Pregnant.. infact she was in her house having dinner with her husband when they noticed that they heard a sound . There was no light and they had to bring a lamp to see what fell on the ground, only to see a baby, and some form blood on their mother.
This happened in Lagos..

I have Seen a woman who was born not knowing if she was a man or a woman as she had no organ.. Yet as I say this, she is happily married and with a kid..
This happened in Lagos

I have Seen A woman who doctors removed her womb , Showed it to her and her husband and told them that there is no way she will be able to take in....
This Happened in Lagos

If you Pregnant and you have difficulties in putting to bed, there is no harm in having a CS..

Hmmmmm... Daddy waa. While I'm a believer, what you said here isn't possible.
So they were eating and heard "gbum"...o di baby grin

Small small naa

8 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 28, 2019
RockHard:
Many have died as a result of such foolishness. Religion and it's wahala sef.
99% of NIGERIAN PASTORS are CONMEN.
Even the Devil served GOD better than they are doing now.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by RockHard: 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
EVILFOREST:

99% of NIGERIAN PASTORS are CONMEN.
Even the Devil served GOD better than they are doing now.

I have to agree.

1 Like

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by shocks(m): 1:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
Did you read the verses before it? The Midwives LIED to Pharaoh. They got there and attended to the birth but claimed that the Hebrews gave birth before they got there. My point is that the Hebrew Women birth thing was a story made up by the midwives so they could save the babies. Kindly read it the whole chapter from beginning.
Naijafull19:

There is a reason why the Hebrew women were 'delivering fast'...the fact was they were doing a lot of work as slaves..which exercised their bodies...which made them to deliver faster and more easily.

It is suggested that pregant women do some (not too strenous though) exercise for easier delviery, and quicker delivery.

4 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by flamingREED(m): 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
Righteousness89:

This happened in Lagos..

This happened in Lagos

This Happened in Lagos

You come church!

Follow the doctor's directive or preference if you don't have these qualities listed for safe delivery:

Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in FAITH and CHARITY and HOLINESS with SOBRIETY.
1 Timothy:2:15

Doubtful, unkind, worldly and lousy christian women should steer clear of that promise.

Don't let the devil deceive you.
Don't deceive your own sinful heart.
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by manlawal(m): 1:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
[s][/s]
Righteousness89:

This happened in Lagos..

This happened in Lagos

This Happened in Lagos

abeg call lawma for this post, somebody will be pregnant for 9months without knowing abeg stop lying in the name of God miracle exist but this one is a pure lie
why are you lying somebody was born wthout knowing if she was a man or woman, why did you use she if not she has vagina, who did she married a male or female. if i can see you walahi i would give brain resetting slap

1 Like

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by gotnel: 1:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
God is God and Man is Man. In this cases of natural delivery and CS, God Almighty has created everything we needs to survive.
When a situation demand for cs ,Almighty God have prepared the instruments to carry it out.
Knowledge of caesarian operations and the success of it are all miracle from Almighty Creator.
When a woman deliver her baby naturally like a goat, it is also a miracle from Almighty Creator.
The financial aspects of any type of baby delivery is the bane of it.
Government hospitals need to be equipped and made ready to carry out free cs delivery for any complicated pregnancy.
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Ugosample(m): 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
LadySarah:
We Dont like saying things the way it is cos a lot of Nigerians are hypocrites.Major reasons they reject Cs is Finance.If we had a Sort of insurance covering these births.A lot of these deaths.will be avoided.Ask a woman who had undergone labor more than 24hrs with All strength gone.She will sign anything white As long As She is assured that her bill is covered.They never born man that will tell me he promised himsrlf,family Or God that his wife will not undergo Cs when he doesnt know what labor pain and complication is.

Secondly,is our mouth.A lot has already used our mouths to bring problem for us.What ppl will say.Ppl wjo when You die lives on.
My bestie then underwent Cs After 3 days of labor.when i went to visit her,the first thing She told me was that i shoildnt tell Anyone She birthed thru cs.The dirty look i gave her and how i hushed her up immediately told her i wasnt cut out for Such illiterate talk.

They
never born man that will tell me he promised himsrlf,family Or
God that his wife will not undergo Cs when he doesnt know
what labor pain and complication is.

there is something a bit off about this comment up there tho

I agree with everything you have said

but bringing "a man" into this discourse and talking about him "having no idea of Labour pain" And all is just shocked

but anyways
Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Ugosample(m): 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
Righteousness89:

This happened in Lagos..

This happened in Lagos

This Happened in Lagos

what kind of punk ass post is this bikonu?

4 Likes

Re: The Prize Of “Delivering Like The Hebrew Women”- Nigerian Health Blog by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
shocks:
Did you read the verses before it? The Midwives LIED to Pharaoh. They got there and attended to the birth but claimed that the Hebrews gave birth before they got there. My point is that the Hebrew Women birth thing was a story made up by the midwives so they could save the babies. Kindly read it the whole chapter from beginning.

There might have been a lie...but there was a grain of truth in it too.

The hebrews were slaves, whose work forced them to do a lot of exercise, which made them deliver faster than the average, relatively sedentary Egyptian women

And I'll leave it at that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: Enugu Govt Closes All Borders, Markets / 90-Year-Old Man In Jos Burnt To Death By Charcoal Fire (graphic Photos) / 5 Natural Ways To Prevent Hair Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.