Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed (1365 Views)

Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name / Urgent Legal Advise Needed! Is Appearing In Court Optional? / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 28, 2019
I once stood as a guarantor for a friend to obtain a loan in a Microfinance Bank and unknowingly to me he presented my documents to another MFB to obtain another loan without paying the original loan. And I suddenly got a letter of demand from the loan which I knew nothing about (N852,000).

The sad part is the he never informed me about the happenings around the loan till I got the letter of demand and I had to start asking him about it.

Kindly advise on how I should go about this legally.

Thanks
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by gaby(m): 9:58am On Jul 28, 2019
With someone like him in your life, you need no other enemy bro. What a frenemy

Get his arse arrested and sued.

That's why I like oyibo.

Watch judge Judy on CBS reality and see parents suing their wards for monies owed and vice verse.

Evil friend.

9 Likes

Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by Oche211(m): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2019
Get him arrested, Sue him for identity theft and claim damages.
Meamwhile, get a lawyer to write to the MFB informing them of identity theft.
Btw, that guy can kill you ooo

7 Likes

Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 28, 2019
Get him arrested.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by Kingosytex(m): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2019
Gaby, Oche211 and thebutterfly are all right. i totally agree with them. Get that idiotic, wicked and heartless friend of yours arrested ASAP.

If you could obtain a loan with your credentials without letting you know then he is capable of killing you

Cc Damilare214

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by finofaya: 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
Go and brief a lawyer asap.
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by tabithababy(f): 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
Epekelemo shocked shocked
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by dayleke: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
That, my friend, is not your friend at all.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by StrikeBack(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
sad
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by DukeNija(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
Wow
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by cococandy(f): 12:32am On Jul 29, 2019
Identify theft at its finest
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by pocohantas(f): 3:04am On Jul 29, 2019
It is really surprising and scary that the MFB couldn't do due dilligence. I could have sworn they authenticate guarantors.

They should move your thread to Crime section o. This is a criminal case. angry

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by mankettle(m): 3:56am On Jul 29, 2019
First of all, you may be liable for the original loan as a guarantor. For the subsequent loan go to thr MFB and deny knkwledge of the loan, that you didnt authorise anybody and they must show you the agreement where u signed as the guarantor.
You will need legal representation as this may not be as straight forward as i say.
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by ifyalways(f): 7:59am On Jul 29, 2019
Since no one has asked, my question is, how did he recieve the said loans? You guys bear same name(s) too

I have never taken a loan before but i imagine banks wouldn't give him a loan if he presented your identity/documents and then furnish them with his own bank account.

It's like saying you claim to be Mr Okeke then present an account bearing Mr Hassan during a business transaction. I won't take you serious, and so should banks. With BVN, the mystery is how they didnt send the loan to any of your bank accounts

Story get as e be undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2019
ifyalways:
Since no one has asked, my question is, how did he recieve the said loans? You guys bear same name(s) too

I have never taken a loan before but i imagine banks wouldn't give him a loan if he presented your identity/documents and then furnish them with his own bank account.

It's like saying you claim to be Mr Okeke then present an account bearing Mr Hassan during a business transaction. I won't take you serious, and so should banks. With BVN, the mystery is how they didnt send the loan to any of your bank accounts

I've been sleeping in your Dm. Please reply ma.
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by Philipmore16: 10:58am On Jul 29, 2019
hatbricker:
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by ifyalways(f): 11:37am On Jul 29, 2019
hatbricker:
I don't and won't read or reply.

Mention me on a dead thread so we can discuss whatever it is there. . .
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by yeyeosoronga: 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
ifyalways:

He presented OPs documents as s guarantor, and OP never agreed to be his guarantor this 2nd time around.
The friend is the one that applied for the loan, hence it will be paid into his account. The main problem now is that he has defaulted from paying his monthly loan repayments and the bank has decided to hold his guarantor- OP responsible for the loan.
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by ifyalways(f): 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

He presented OPs documents as s guarantor, and OP never agreed to be his guarantor this 2nd time around.
The friend is the one that applied for the loan, hence it will be paid into his account. The main problem now is that he has defaulted from paying his monthly loan repayments and the bank has decided to hold his guarantor- OP responsible for the loan.
So how did he get the OP's signatures as the second guarantor?
The banks dont ring or see guarantors to confirm before giving loans? They just give out loans because someone presented your documents?

Unless you are the OP's alternate handle,please do allow the OP to answer my questions. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by chii8(f): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hehehe....how can a bank give out a loan without meeting with the guarantor?
Re: My Friend Stole My Document To Obtain A Loan. Legal Advise Is Needed by frozen70(f): 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
damilare214:
I once stood as a guarantor for a friend to obtain a loan in a Microfinance Bank and unknowingly to me he presented my documents to another MFB to obtain another loan without paying the original loan. And I suddenly got a letter of demand from the loan which I knew nothing about (N852,000).

The sad part is the he never informed me about the happenings around the loan till I got the letter of demand and I had to start asking him about it.

Kindly advise on how I should go about this legally.

Thanks by

If you are not careful with the devil you called a friend, he will kidnap you to raise all the money he needed

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / Is There Anything A Woman Won't See In Marriage? / Sale Of Household Electronics And Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.