Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? (606 Views)

My 2021 Wins — A Testimony / Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by hakeem4(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
Today I was having a discussion with one of my Christian friend. This discussion somehow led to us talking about god. She started by telling me how god was good in her life and how god provided job for her. While she was talking I was just smiling. She then asked has god not done anything good in my life ? I said no! Immediately she said “do you know sleeping and waking up is a miracle?” I couldn’t control the laughter after that statement. The next thing she began to tell me different testimonies she heard. But the one that caught my attention was when she said she heard of a testimony of how one House was burning and everything got burnt apart from a bible.
I was perplexed. Then I asked her How will an all loving god burn all your property and leave only a bible as a sign he loves you? She couldn’t answer

Do you think testimonies can be used as evidence for god ?

CC: budaatum, plaeton, XxSabrinaxX, johnydon22, CAPSLOCKED, JeromeBlack, HappyPagan, frank317, tintingz, michellekabod2, jesusjnr, lordreed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by LordReed(m): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
No it can't. Or rather not the testimonies Christians like to give or any of the other religions for that matter. However if they could reproduce some of the more fantastic claims from their holy books may be we'd have to sit up and listen. Things like stopping the apparent motion of the sun would instantly get worldwide notice, I wonder why none has attempted it. You know, if you were doing a retreat or crusade, multiplying 5 loaves of bread and 2 sardine cans to feed your crowd would be an awesome advertising for your god powers.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by CAPSLOCKED: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2019
hakeem4:
She then asked has god not done anything good in my life ? I said no! Immediately she said “do you know sleeping and waking up is a miracle?”

THAT'S WHAT THEY ALWAYS SAY. SLEEPING AND WAKING UP EVERYDAY IS A MIRACLE ACCORDING TO THEM. AND ON THE DAY ONE SLEEPS AND FAILS TO WAKE YOU WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO MIRACLES.

THESE PEOPLE ARE MAD.

The next thing she began to tell me different testimonies she heard. But the one that caught my attention was when she said she heard of a testimony of how one House was burning and everything got burnt apart from a bible.

AND DUMB TOO.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by CosmicPhoenix: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
last year one lady asked me if sleeping and waking up is by my power,i looked at her and told her "I SLEEP,I WAKE UP,MY POWER" grin.she became speechless

CAPSLOCKED:

THAT'S WHAT THEY ALWAYS SAY. SLEEPING AND WAKING UP EVERYDAY IS A MIRACLE ACCORDING TO THEM. AND ON THE DAY ONE SLEEPS AND FAILS TO WAKE YOU WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO MIRACLES.

THESE PEOPLE ARE MAD.

AND DUMB TOO.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
last year one lady asked me if sleeping and waking up is by my power,i looked at her and told her "I SLEEP,I WAKE UP,MY POWER" grin.she became speechless

THIS GUY GETS A LOT OF APPLAUSE FOR NOT EVEN BEING AVAILABLE. WOW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by Dantedasz(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Testimonies are funny at times. grin

Read of one guy who claimed that the bus he was travelling in was involved in a ghastly accident and everyone in the bus died except himself. In the midst of all the blood and gore this guy claimed his survival with lots of broken limbs as a testimony of the power of his God.
Testimonies in my opinion are just a way religionists try to reassure themselves that their God exists and he has not abandoned them.
No testimony is logical just conjectures and blind hope.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by tintingz(m): 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
hakeem4:
Today I was having a discussion with one of my Christian friend. This discussion somehow led to us talking about god. She started by telling me how god was good in her life and how god provided job for her. While she was talking I was just smiling. She then asked has god not done anything good in my life ? I said no! Immediately she said “do you know sleeping and waking up is a miracle?” I couldn’t control the laughter after that statement. The next thing she began to tell me different testimonies she heard. But the one that caught my attention was when she said she heard of a testimony of how one House was burning and everything got burnt apart from a bible.
I was perplexed. Then I asked her How will an all loving god burn all your property and leave only a bible as a sign he loves you? She couldn’t answer

CC: budaatum, plaeton, XxSabrinaxX, johnydon22, CAPSLOCKED, JeromeBlack, HappyPagan, frank317, tintingz, michellekabod2, jesusjnr, lordreed

Lol, you dey mind them? Funny testimonies.

I chatted with a girl on WhatsApp about God and miracles, one of the funniest thing she said was a dwarf grew tall in the presence of the people in church (RCCG). I laughed I almost fainted. I told her to give some proof for this, she said I should check YouTube for the evidence. I don search YouTube I no see anything. I asked to provide the link, till date she has not.

Most religious people will create every fantasies just to validate their God and religion.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by hakeem4(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
tintingz:

Lol, you they mind them? Funny testimonies.

I chatted with a girl on WhatsApp about God and miracles, one of the funniest thing she said was a dwarf grew tall in the presence of the people in church (RCCG). I laughed I almost fainted. I told her to give some proof for this, she said I should check YouTube for the evidence. I don search YouTube I no see anything. I asked to provide the link, till date she has not.

Most religious people will create every fantasies just to validate their God and religion.
Most of these Christians actually get their testimonies from either Facebook post or WhatsApp broadcasts

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by Funaki: 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
See these testimonies from front page today grin grin

"No One Stops anyone from Having a CS..

If you Are a Believer and you Believe GOD that you will Have your child without a CS , you will have what you Believe..

I have seen a Woman who had a child and never knew she was Pregnant.. The woman was way beyond the age of having Children. She already had 2Children. Her last child was in her Twenties
infact she was in her house having dinner with her husband when they noticed that they heard a sound . There was no light and they had to bring a lamp to see what fell on the ground, only to see a baby, and some form blood on their mother.
This happened in Lagos..

I have Seen a woman who was born not knowing if she was a man or a woman as she had no organ.. Yet as I say this, she is happily married and with a kid..
This happened in Lagos

I have Seen A woman who doctors removed her womb , Showed it to her and her husband and told them that there is no way she will be able to take in....
Today she has 3 Children.
This Happened in Lagos

All these Happened after GOD ALMIGHTY Intervened..

Nothing is Impossible with GOD. Not Just in Words or sayings but in Reality..

There are lots them like that I know of..

If you Pregnant and you don't want a CS let your faith Carry u.

If you Pregnant and you have difficulties in putting to bed, there is no harm in having a CS..

Having CS and not Having CS does not guarantee safe delivery .."

1 Like

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by Hakeem12(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2019
Testimonies are subject to confirmation bias. These people only report the good things that happen in their lives. To the gullible onlookers, it would seem their lives are perfect. When I hear the things some people give testimonies about, it's just sad. They give testimonies on passing exams, surviving accidents, being the sole survivor, coming out of an illness when the credit should have gone to the doctor. I see no hope for this country at all.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by hahn(m): 8:48am On Jul 31, 2019
Funaki:
See these testimonies from front page today grin grin

"No One Stops anyone from Having a CS..

If you Are a Believer and you Believe GOD that you will Have your child without a CS , you will have what you Believe..

I have seen a Woman who had a child and never knew she was Pregnant.. The woman was way beyond the age of having Children. She already had 2Children. Her last child was in her Twenties
infact she was in her house having dinner with her husband when they noticed that they heard a sound . There was no light and they had to bring a lamp to see what fell on the ground, only to see a baby, and some form blood on their mother.
This happened in Lagos..

I have Seen a woman who was born not knowing if she was a man or a woman as she had no organ.. Yet as I say this, she is happily married and with a kid..
This happened in Lagos

I have Seen A woman who doctors removed her womb , Showed it to her and her husband and told them that there is no way she will be able to take in....
Today she has 3 Children.
This Happened in Lagos

All these Happened after GOD ALMIGHTY Intervened..

Nothing is Impossible with GOD. Not Just in Words or sayings but in Reality..

There are lots them like that I know of..

If you Pregnant and you don't want a CS let your faith Carry u.

If you Pregnant and you have difficulties in putting to bed, there is no harm in having a CS..

Having CS and not Having CS does not guarantee safe delivery .."

Lol. I saw the comment and replied him with ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by Kobojunkie: 6:49am On Dec 10, 2023
hakeem4:
Today I was having a discussion with one of my Christian friend. This discussion somehow led to us talking about god. She started by telling me how god was good in her life and how god provided job for her. While she was talking I was just smiling. She then asked has god not done anything good in my life ? I said no! Immediately she said “do you know sleeping and waking up is a miracle?” I couldn’t control the laughter after that statement. The next thing she began to tell me different testimonies she heard. But the one that caught my attention was when she said she heard of a testimony of how one House was burning and everything got burnt apart from a bible. I was perplexed. Then I asked her How will an all loving god burn all your property and leave only a bible as a sign he loves you? She couldn’t answer
Christians are known to exaggerated these tales they tale in an attempt to sound like they were specifically chosen for a miracle by God when in fact that is far from true. Scripture instead has it that God pours out His mercy/kindness on even the wickedness and the ungrateful-- those who believe and those who don't believe Him. What this means is that miracles are in no way unique to Christians and happen even single moment to people across the world regardless of what they believe or do not. undecided

And these testimony traditions of the Christians does not change how God acts or who God will favor with His kindness at any given point in time. They are meaningless rituals which serve no purpose except to provide advertisement for the church businesses of their many gods of men. undecided
Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by orisa37: 6:55am On Dec 10, 2023
Yes. It's a SCRIPTURE. It's a LESSON AND It's PROFITABLE.
Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by orisa37: 7:00am On Dec 10, 2023
It is EVIDENCE THAT WE ARE NOT "OLOSHAS".
Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by orisa37: 7:05am On Dec 10, 2023
YOU WANT THE TRUTH, NEXT TIME DON'T COPY ARMED ROBBERS.
Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by orisa37: 7:11am On Dec 10, 2023
THAT CHILD IS MONOPOLISING A WHOLE TRUCK TO HIMSELF.
Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by orisa37: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2023
MYSTERIOUSLY MISCHIEVOUS. I MEAN THAT CHILD. I DON'T MEAN GOD.
Re: Does a Testimony Actually Serve as an Evidence For God? by tctrills: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2023
hakeem4:

Most Christians don't know what a testimony is. Telling a story of how you came about some good fortune is not a testimony even if you end it by saying praise the Lord.

(1) (Reply)

Realtities Of An Angry Pastor / COZA: Popular Pastor Reveals Why He Disowned Pastor Fatoyinbo (video) / OMG. Nigerian Witches Caught On Camera Disappearing. [ Watch Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.