Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo (24555 Views)

Nigeria's D'Tigress Crashes Out Of FIBA Women's Championship After Losing To USA / Alex Nwora And Son, Jordan Nwora In The Nigerian Basketball Team. Photos / President Buhari Give N1million Each To Nigerian Female National Basketball Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Yankee101: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2019
One of the reason Abiola Babes was abolished
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Skepticus: 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2019
pek:
I don't think it has come to this! Just share your information and leave it at that.

I've been in this guys shoes a couple of times, being a former Basketball player too.

They have not even had a league in two years. It's that bad!!

Back to the post, leave the guy to stress that part of it because some Nigerians and a lot on Nairaland would justify this insanity with their ad hominem, nonsensical excuses with stupid statements like "are they the only ones suffering?" "I also sleep outside" Nigerians are a special breed of sick people.
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Sicilyjoe: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
Too bad,they even travel by road for 3days, why not by flight
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Nostradamus: 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
ABCthings:
Ajayi I.T.K when they're getting paid now will they remember you?
that doesn't mean they should abandon these patriotic athletes na.tomorrow now if those guys failed to honor Nigeria,it would seem somehow.
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Ryan03(f): 11:31pm On Jul 28, 2019
ABCthings:
Ajayi I.T.K when they're getting paid now will they remember you?
this one is not normal undecided
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Nostradamus: 11:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
napoleonbaba:

No, they're home based players playing in the Nigeria league
that's why the country can treat them shabbily.i swear the board won't dare this poo if one of these guys play for an NBA team.

I pray these guys get bigger in their career so that these nonsense will stop.
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by ABCthings: 12:31am On Jul 29, 2019
Ryan03:
this one is not normal undecided
Don't bother l've forgiven you
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by ABCthings: 12:32am On Jul 29, 2019
Nostradamus:
that doesn't mean they should abandon these patriotic athletes na.tomorrow now if those guys failed to honor Nigeria,it would seem somehow.
Patriotic or working for their money?
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by ABCthings: 12:33am On Jul 29, 2019
byrron:

This is a pre-school type of mentality and reasoning and I won't indulge you any further.

I guess, those athlete's where there as representatives of the ministry of sports and not a Nigerian team and this shameful act will not be on Nigeria since they are not identified as a team representing Nigeria.

Hope you can you see the senselessness in reasoning in such a childish manner?
it seems you don't understand what I'm saying.
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Nostradamus: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2019
ABCthings:
Patriotic or working for their money?
Bro,whatever it is.the fact still remains that these guys were there on behalf of this country,the country should have provide a shelter and a comfortable means of transportation for them(not a three day road trip.even college players in the United States travel by flight and stay in classy,NCAA affiliated hotels).Nigeria screwed up seriously.we should never treat our athletes like this,if Victor oladipo or any of those big boys is in this squad, this won't have happened.
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Zuorom: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2019
Nigeria is a Useless country
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Mac2016(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2019
IamSoProlific:
This ones can't wait to run away from the country. If I were them, I would be there a week or two before the game opening sef. I'm sure 85percent of them would do everything possible not to come back to Nigeria either by crook or freewill oloshoism.
Not to come back from Mali? E be like say you no no the con3 wey dem go
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by IamSoProlific: 9:15am On Jul 29, 2019
Mac2016:

Not to come back from Mali? E be like say you no no the con3 wey dem go

I know am welly. Forget about the name or media presentation. Not every country have time to make noise on social media. Take out time and research Mali. They far outweigh Nigeria as of late.
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Mac2016(m): 9:26am On Jul 29, 2019
IamSoProlific:

I know am welly. Forget about the name or media presentation. Not every country have time to make noise on social media. Take out time and research Mali. They far outweigh Nigeria as of late.
Really? If so that means media could be so misleading. I know recently Mali ranked as one of the most miserable place to live on earth
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by IamSoProlific: 9:32am On Jul 29, 2019
Mac2016:

Really? If so that means media could be so misleading. I know recently Mali ranked as one of the most miserable place to live on earth

Believe the media at your own peril.

Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by litaninja(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2019
Tomorrow morning, the members of the team will find their ways to Ukraine, Canada, or wherever then Abike Dabiri will tweet for support for "athletes doing Nigeria Proud". grin grin
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
I would even sleep outside just to be a part of this team. Don't get me wrong they were treated wrongly but passion makes you blind to many things.
nairamarley999:
0. FlirtyKaren(f): Quote Post

The Nigerian National Basketball team, D'Tigers that went to the FIBA AfroCAN in Mali allegedly slept out in the cold as there was no provision for hotel or accommodation for them.

Super sports analyst, Oluwafemi Adefeso, cries out after some players in the national basketball team shared with him details of their trip to Mali.

He wrote;

7 ⭐ EKO HOTEL LODGING!

THE NIGERIA NATIONAL BASKETBALL TEAM

I am not the best carrier of BAD NEWS but this one can't be kept quiet. CHIEF!!! A GOOD CONSCIENCE FORBIDS IT.

I have personal relationship with atleast 9 players + coaches on the D'Tigers Team that went to the FIBA AfroCAN in Mali, the CHAN equivalent in Football. My dear friends slept out in the cold representing their country. BIG FAT SHAME ON NIGERIA!

If you call it beef, you have a problem! In fact YOU ARE SICK! YOU NEED PSYCHIATRIC EVALUATION.

Our super Team Manager Victor Okoro came out the other day to justify an horrific 3 day road trip for a NATIONAL TEAM with ferried STRANGERS on the BUS representing Nigeria. Congratulations sir, you have done well.

I am super livid. What kind of a country is this?

HOME BASED NA CRIME?

SHAME ON THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!

He went on to share screenshot of conversations with the players and pictures of them sleeping outside as no hotel or accommodation was provided on arrival.

https://lailasnews.com/nigeria-national-basketball-team-sleep-out-in-the-cold-ahead-of-fiba-afrocan-in-mali-photos/
Re: National Basketball Team Sleep Out In The Cold Ahead Of FIBA Afrocan Mali -photo by lascopes(m): 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
ABCthings:
How are you helping matters? If you not part of the solution then you're part of the problems.

way maker, solve the equation na!!!! Ozuo, true definition of onye zuzu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi Olympic Stadium In Ebonyi State Photos View / Qatar 2022: David De Gea Won't Be At The W/cup, Misses Spain's 55-man Pre-list / Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.