Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:01 PM

Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues (9620 Views)

Foundation Takes Succour To Senior Citizens In Cyprus, To Offer Free Health Care / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos / 7-Month-Old Baby's Head Continues To Swell As Parents Lament In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by LyfeJennings(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
shogsman:

Yeah it's all about moderation, we all got an escape drug,what I find unreasonable is how people overdose on this drugs.

Not everyone can withstand the heat
Not everyone is skilled in the art of living
It's very easy to let go considering the many fails
Some people need to constantly be in that state of Euphoria till a miracle happens. If not, they would do so much damage but the drugs

#TalkingFromMy Angle as a user and my immediate environment
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Kayceenaz(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ytea:
They keep finding new sources of highness.. Blood tonic again?? Shey they'll ban it like Tramadol now ni or what.

Why do people crave to get high? An honest question. Apart from the "forgetting one's problems" blabla, what else is in for them?
To be like their friends, appear trendy, derive pleasure, get bold, access creativity, and so on. Kindly let those little ones in mind around you that they can enjoy all these without abusing any drug.

1 Like

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by kumulus(m): 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2019
TheWrita:
Nothing puzzling about that.
Drugs=escapism. That's the term for what's happening

When your life is nothing to write home about and there is no hope for the future..while the world around you (whereas this is the the misconception) is messed up,drugs become the perfect escape,albeit temporary.

They're not escaping from the world, they're running from their 'self' in its many manifestations.

As within, so without! - Trismegistus
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
I keep thanking God everyday for breaking the yoke of marijuana addiction.

It's not easy.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by seangy4konji: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
I wish you know the lives getting high had saved but5takung it in a moderated way...

I would have ended my life inside this house a Lott of times after hustling like a mad man fo month ND returning homage with still no jobs or dine.

I think of my you get sister and trying my phone for days only to get d courage to check me at home see me hanging from the ceiling will break her finally so I enter beer Palo, drink up and smoke and believe unto another day..

1 Like

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Kayceenaz(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
LyfeJennings:
So long it's done in moderation
I consume drugs
As a matter of fact, I've been living on soft drugs in the past 2months trying to keep my sanity.
Bro, your sanity can still be preserved without resorting to "soft drugs." Drug abuse is bad in itself, hence lacking any mid-point within. It's just like saying raping for personal pleasure and sanity is cool, in so far as it is done in moderation. It sounds gross, right?

Try pouring your heart out to a mature person you trust, reading an inspirational book, praying and fellowshipping with Christ Jesus, making motivational and positive proclamations on yourself, et. al.
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by shogsman(m): 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
LyfeJennings:

Not everyone can withstand the heat
Not everyone is skilled in the art of living
It's very easy to let go considering the many fails
Some people need to constantly be in that state of Euphoria till a miracle happens. If not, they would do so much damage but the drugs

#TalkingFromMy Angle as a user and my immediate environment
Same here bro,trust me I know that feeling of not getting your mind straight, those pills are functional if put to good use.
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by FreeSpirited: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
Kayceenaz:
Thanks, bro. Can you be more specific?
use of word, diction and style

1 Like

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Kayceenaz(m): 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
FreeSpirited:
use of word, diction and style
Okay.
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
Kayceenaz:

Blood tonic has an alcoholic content. Those who abuse it do so with this knowledge; the more they take it, the "higher" they get.
haba! first time I'm hearing of this.
so people intentionally take blood tonic for that purpose?
wonders shall never end
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Rik500k(m): 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=nolyyy post=80764442]Those in Aba will tell u more about LACA-TOMTOM... My fellow youths have gone overboard... [/quote
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by FemiEddy(m): 6:40am On Jul 31, 2019
Kayceenaz:

I went through your decry and truly share your disgust, although you can still pass your message without vulgarity. Like you noted, drug abuse keeps Nigerian youths in the dark and unaware of their role in turning the tide in our nation. That's why people like you, I (and us) must preach against those ills which pose a threat to a better future across board.
Thanks. Modified

1 Like

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by mafiano1986: 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2019
nephemmy:

seriously, no one is promoting drugs, no artist..even in USA where cocaina usage is very high, who do u say promotes drug usage in that region artists? movie stars? I don't think so...I just believe drugs can be controlled but u can't eliminate it..we don't even do drugs in Nigeria compared to most countries...Canada, Netherlands, USA, Jamaica, Mexico, Colombia, have more drug kingpins than naija...do we even have any drug kingpin in Nigeria..lol.
I'm telling you even Asia is more than us, in Malaysia for example, methamphetamine known as ice is the drug of choice, they don't even care about tramadol, and other opioids over there, there own epidemic is methamphetamine,they call it siyabu in Malay, and they love that stuff so much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For June 20 2021 In Nigeria / World Pharmacy Day: Simplifying Your Medicines Use, No Matter How Complex. / Natural Home Remedies For (stomach) Ulcer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.