Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 (25494 Views)

Sowore’s AAC, PRP Form Alliance Ahead Presidential Election / Rivers: No alliances with APC, Sowore's AAC rejects Amaechi's endorsements / Sowore's AAC Unveil Mobile App For Reporting 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Gazelle22: 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
Sowore’s AAC declares protests across Nigeria August 5

The African Action Congress (AAC) has declared August 5, 2019, the commencement date of revolution protests tagged ‘Days of Rage’ across the country to demand for a better Nigeria.

The presidential candidate of the party in the 2019 general elections, Omoyele Sowore, disclosed this on Saturday in Abuja at the end of the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the AAC.

Mr Sowore said that the protest would be sustained until the country is put on the right path of honour where justice will prevail.

He stated that the action of the government compelled them to take the decision noting that there was no level playing field in the last elections.

“Election is a place we would have carried out a revolution of the ballot box but they stole the ballot box. They hijacked materials that was meant for free and fair election and as a result they did not organise any election that was credible enough for people to have faith in the ballot box,” he said.

Mr Sowore who is also a human rights activist maintained that for the country to have free and fair elections in the future, there must be a showdown and people must define who should be their electoral officers.

He said, “The revolution has therefore become inevitable. We didn’t choose to go for revolution they choose it by ensuring that there was no level playing field in the last election.

“As you know they did it in Sudan and it was started by some females. They were making fun of them but they did not stop until doctors joined them, the labour union joined them and what started as 5 people became 5,000 and 500,000 and became 5,000,000 and the regime fell.

“So don’t let anybody deceive you that in asking for a better government or country you are committing any illegality. The biggest illegality being committed in Nigeria as of today is the rigging of election in 2019.

“The moment you don’t allow people to express their God giving rights to choose their leaders, you are committing an illegality and inviting resistance.”

He said that the proposed revolution is inevitable adding that the group has mobilised people in Lagos and many parts of the country to create places of community resistance.

Mr Sowore said the party has succeeded in creating awareness for the people to speak up and be resistant to all form of poor services from the government.

He added that the consciousness being raised among Nigerians was not to promote or encourage violence but to create the culture of resistance in them.

“I am not the only one asking for a revolution; 84% of Nigerian according to a poll we conducted want a revolution. They don’t want war but these people want to drive us into war so that we can all be exterminated at once.

“We don’t want war, we want a very clean, quick and succinct revolutionary process that will put an end to the shenanigans of government, oppression and corruption.

“Don’t ask me weither I am afraid or worried about the legal implications of what I am saying. I am carrying out a historical duty and only history can judge me not a prosecutor or a federal judge. You can’t kill somebody who is not afraid of death,” Mr Sowore said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/343516-sowores-aac-declares-protests-across-nigeria-august-5.html

62 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Gazelle22: 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
Watch as the very oppressed people who love their oppressors come to find excuses to attack this messenger of change.

260 Likes 41 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Nasa28(m): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
After meeting with Nnamdi Kanu?

The sign is becoming clearer. I hope they end up working together to wake the Nigerian youths.

This might be first of its kind.

172 Likes 19 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by majamajic(m): 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
nice ooo
that's if them wan hear ooo
the should buy enough bullet proof vest for participants

6 Likes

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by vanunu: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
Terrorists organisation loading.....

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by johnkay1(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lol

Better don't form hero wey never exit

Those small small police boy no sabi shoot o

But if you insist, save journey. Send my warm regards to my grandfather.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Deathisfree: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nasa28:

The sign is becoming clearer. I hope they end up working together to wake the Nigerian youths.

We are awake. Just Cowards

36 Likes

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Optional09: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
this is the only good step taken by a Nigerian in Nigeria in a long time. let’s go!

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Masterclass32: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
The tyrant-in-chief will not hesitate to unleash the Python on this guy and his crew.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Corrosiveman(m): 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
Operation Python dance IV

Flog every Conehead you see

I know very well it can never work.

Tribalism and Religionhave eaten deep into Us
An Hausa man would never participate in it because they may say its a Yoruba man protesting same as an igbo man

So i advise that Sowore should forget it

APC would still pay some people to protest
against Una
no be naija we dey? lolz

7 Likes

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Tomide007: 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nasa28:

I believe he's not going to run out of the country like some people's leader use to do in the heat of an agitation.

10 Likes

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by nabiz(m): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
Very good move. But sowore should pls provide bullet prove for us ooo. Will surely join the protest but as i said. I need bullet prove jacket and helmet . I dont trust our police grin

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2019
Tomide007:

I believe he's not going to run out of the country like some people's leader use to do in the heat of an agitation.
If what hit namdi kanu hit you, you will probably be dead or be in elzakzaky or dasuki condition right now. Namdi kanu did what I think is the best thing to do for now. This Buhari led government doesn't know or respect "rule of law"

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by wowcatty: 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Just what Nigeria needs right now,. Things can't just keep this way. I'm beginning to like this guy again, I don't know why I love real men. I don't care who is behind him, let freedom ring, let that yeye house fall jare! Love the sound of of this, it sure will lead to something, expect great things

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by aremuforlife(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2019
Revolution don't need fixing of a date
that day can be compromise

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by FarahAideed: 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
Very good I will support this with funds and my presence !!!? Let's create harsh tags and campaigns to get this working ..

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by FarahAideed: 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nasa28:

Abeg forget that traitor and conman Nnamdi

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by FarahAideed: 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nigerians youth and well wisher this is a new opportunity to send evil packing

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:00am On Jul 29, 2019
make u na call him to order now when police carry am put for cage like bird we go say govt bad.watin him done do to better him small community? we can develop this nation with riots or protest. let us group ourselves into section like health,education and co runs it with our little capital to provides quality services to ourselves.we can create our own empires forget what govt can do for us.look at JP Morgan, ford ,facebook, dangote.femi,elumelu and other who create what we enjoy today riots no go solve our problems. sowore want use una hustle and build his empire ooo I talk my own

3 Likes

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:06am On Jul 29, 2019
FarahAideed:
Very good I will support this with funds and my presence !!!? Let's create harsh tags and campaigns to get this working ..

use that your funds and harsh tag to better your small community? we cant develop this nation with riots.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by FarahAideed: 12:17am On Jul 29, 2019
hakeemhakeem:

use that your funds and harsh tag to better your small community? we cant develop this nation with riots.

What riots? We are talking of peaceful standouts till Buhari receives sense

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:19am On Jul 29, 2019
Gazelle22:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/343516-sowores-aac-declares-protests-across-nigeria-august-5.html

The African Action Congress (AAC) has declared August 5, 2019, the commencement date of revolution protests tagged ‘Days of Rage’ across the country to demand for a better Nigeria.

The presidential candidate of the party in the 2019 general elections, Omoyele Sowore, disclosed this on Saturday in Abuja at the end of the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the AAC.

Mr Sowore said that the protest would be sustained until the country is put on the right path of honour where justice will prevail.

He stated that the action of the government compelled them to take the decision noting that there was no level playing field in the last elections.

“Election is a place we would have carried out a revolution of the ballot box but they stole the ballot box. They hijacked materials that was meant for free and fair election and as a result they did not organise any election that was credible enough for people to have faith in the ballot box,” he said.

Mr Sowore who is also a human rights activist maintained that for the country to have free and fair elections in the future, there must be a showdown and people must define who should be their electoral officers.

He said, “The revolution has therefore become inevitable. We didn’t choose to go for revolution they choose it by ensuring that there was no level playing field in the last election.

“As you know they did it in Sudan and it was started by some females. They were making fun of them but they did not stop until doctors joined them, the labour union joined them and what started as 5 people became 5,000 and 500,000 and became 5,000,000 and the regime fell.

“So don’t let anybody deceive you that in asking for a better government or country you are committing any illegality. The biggest illegality being committed in Nigeria as of today is the rigging of election in 2019.

“The moment you don’t allow people to express their God giving rights to choose their leaders, you are committing an illegality and inviting resistance.”

He said that the proposed revolution is inevitable adding that the group has mobilised people in Lagos and many parts of the country to create places of community resistance.

Mr Sowore said the party has succeeded in creating awareness for the people to speak up and be resistant to all form of poor services from the government.

He added that the consciousness being raised among Nigerians was not to promote or encourage violence but to create the culture of resistance in them.

“I am not the only one asking for a revolution; 84% of Nigerian according to a poll we conducted want a revolution. They don’t want war but these people want to drive us into war so that we can all be exterminated at once.

“We don’t want war, we want a very clean, quick and succinct revolutionary process that will put an end to the shenanigans of government, oppression and corruption.

“Don’t ask me weither I am afraid or worried about the legal implications of what I am saying. I am carrying out a historical duty and only history can judge me not a prosecutor or a federal judge. You can’t kill somebody who is not afraid of death,” Mr Sowore said.

while revolution since we can ply the route of evolution think oo with the level of his education see youth common garri he never produce for people to buy at low cost no single business.naija youth know the kind of person you want to follow if femi and dangote calls for riots now don't think twice but him am JP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by nabiz(m): 12:22am On Jul 29, 2019
hakeemhakeem:
make u na call him to order now when police carry am put for cage like bird we go say govt bad.watin him done do to better him small community? we can develop this nation with riots or protest. let us group ourselves into section like health,education and co runs it with our little capital to provides quality services to ourselves.we can create our own empires forget what govt can do for us.look at JP Morgan, ford ,facebook, dangote.femi,elumelu and other who create what we enjoy today riots no go solve our problems. sowore want use una hustle and build his empire ooo I talk my own
are you for real

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by kernel001: 1:09am On Jul 29, 2019
FarahAideed:

Abeg forget that traitor and conman Nnamdi

Forget the conman, but embrace Tinubu the drug lord.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by edo3(m): 1:23am On Jul 29, 2019
Let d zoo fall.

Love that part,, "you can't kill someone who is not afraid of death".

11 Likes

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Niaja4real(m): 3:21am On Jul 29, 2019
I hope, this one would not be another Tu Face Idibia, kind of plan protest ooh!
And I hope too, that this is not just aimed at getting some form of notoriety from this anti people government!!
If indeed you are serious & u mean business, am in then.
But why announced your battle strategy, day, time & place to your enemy ahead of time Any sense in it?
Don't u think such information can help them to plant moles within your ranks to compromise your move's with the view to given u a bad name & hang u thereafter on it.
Guy u need to think ooh & very fast too, bcuz the people u want to protest against are not just humans, but pure demons in human forms and as such, u must know your game before u can tamed these loose political beasts.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by majesty449: 5:51am On Jul 29, 2019
Kidnapping Crisis: FG Frustrates States’ Plans to Deploy Drones
https://www.majematicblog.tk/2019/07/kidnapping-crisis-fg-frustrates-states.html?m=1
Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by mrvitalis(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2019
Whats the aim of the revolution

What are we demanding for in clear terms lets know if we are all on the same page

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by lagbaja(m): 6:53am On Jul 29, 2019
who will show-up for the show-down ? Sowore that could not win his local government

2 Likes

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by helinues: 6:54am On Jul 29, 2019
Guy man himself

1 Like

Re: ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5 by Realdeals(m): 7:27am On Jul 29, 2019
People obviously don't know Sowore history, he's one man that has been on the side of the oppressed from time immemorial. He has been totured and imprisoned several times during the dreaded military era, he had a scar to show already.

People should read up about him.

Omoyele Sowore: The Unsung ‘Street’ Hero of June 12 Struggle
https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/opinion/2019/06/12/omoyele-sowore-the-unsung-street-hero-of-june-12-struggle/

From Safety of New York, Reporting on Distant Home
https://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/nyregion/from-safety-of-new-york-reporting-on-a-distant-homeland.html

Sahara Reporters: Uncovering Nigeria’s Corruption
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sahara-reporters-uncovering-nigerias-corruption

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL3Vf9F29vo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geOj0vfZA_k

27 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Orders Interim Forfeiture Of Mompha's Designer Glasses, Wristwatches / 50-Year-Old Boko Haram Refugee Marries His Hearthrob In A Yola IDP Camp. Photos / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu To Drag Buhari, Security Agencies To UN, ICC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.