Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,624 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? (834 Views)

How To Identify If Your Site Is Filtered Or Penalized / Can I Publish The One Article In Two Websites Without Being Penalized By Search / My Blog May Have Been Banned By Google. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? by Godmother(f): 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2019
I own both sites and want to start moving content from the old site to the new one.

My plan is to copy the blog post from the old site, rewrite some parts of it, then delete it from the old site. My fear though is that the content might still be indexed by Google and other search engines and I could get penalized for it.

Does anyone low how long it takes for google to de-index a blog post?
Re: I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? by Godmother(f): 12:52am On Jul 29, 2019
Chai, three years, yet no response. Guys, I really need help. Please come to my rescue.
Re: I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 29, 2019
Godmother:
I own both sites and want to start moving content from the old site to the new one.

My plan is to copy the blog post from the old site, rewrite some parts of it, then delete it from the old site. My fear though is that the content might still be indexed by Google and other search engines and I could get penalized for it.

Does anyone low how long it takes for google to de-index a blog post?

I don't know much though but I don't think you'd be penalized since you plan to rewrite some.

Why not redirect the site you want to move your contents from to the site you want to move the content to?

Anyways, I can help you apply for Adsense for a token if you're interested. Payment is after you've been approved.
Re: I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? by Godmother(f): 3:11am On Jul 29, 2019
Godmother:
Chai, three hours, yet no response. Guys, I really need help. Please come to my rescue.
Re: I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? by Godmother(f): 7:07am On Jul 29, 2019
ChemBrodar:

I don't know much though but I don't think you'd be penalized since you plan to rewrite some.

Why not redirect the site you want to move your contents from to the site you want to move the content to?

Anyways, I can help you apply for Adsense for a token if you're interested. Payment is after you've been approved.

Thanks for the response. I'll try that redirect approach.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? by 004gist: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2019
It's simple just move the old content the new one then do 301 redirect this should inform search engine of the name change but to fasten this up

also inform Google via your webmaster tool and it will take 1 month to 2 months for Google to index everything.
Re: I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? by MrCoker: 10:31am On Jul 29, 2019
Import the old site to the new one. Very easy.

That's if your site is on WordPress ooo
Re: I Want To Move Content From One Site To Another. Will I Be Penalized By Google? by akinjuly77(m): 9:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
You won't be penalized. Only that your old website content and new website content will not make any difference to google. Most times when Google already seen a content on another website, the bots/spiders might just ignore the content.

However you won't be penalized for using the same contents on both website.

Warm Regards
Feel free to take Digital Courses here : https://climaxbox.com/academy/

(1) (Reply)

Grow Your Business - 43 Millions Email List Available / Facebook and Instagram Account / I Have A Question For Web Developers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.