Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Bmw Coja 330xi Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bmw Coja 330xi Issues (1476 Views)

Man Turns A BMW Into A Hot Tub And Takes It For A Spin / The 2018 BMW X4 Unveiled – Photos & Video / Would You Buy This Beautifully Restored 1972 BMW 3.0 CSL For N35.7m? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bmw Coja 330xi Issues by elviszzz: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hi gurus I have a 2005 bmw 330xi coja four wheel drive with what looks like k-legs at the front tyres. From the front view of my car u would notice the legs are not straight but rather bent. What could be the cause and how do I fix this issue. Will appreciate your contributions.
Re: Bmw Coja 330xi Issues by Inception(m): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
elviszzz:
Hi gurus I have a 2005 bmw 330xi coja four wheel drive with what looks like k-legs at the front tyres. From the front view of my car u would notice the legs are not straight but rather bent. What could be the cause and how do I fix this issue. Will appreciate your contributions.

You have excessive negative camber.

Most likely is that you have badly worn lower arm bushing( or camber bushing). By now you should be having clunking suspension?
Re: Bmw Coja 330xi Issues by EngRichie: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2019
If you are certain that every other suspension parts are okay, adjust camber through the three bolts on top of the shock absorber, in the engine bay.
Re: Bmw Coja 330xi Issues by elviszzz: 9:45am On Jul 30, 2019
Inception:

You have excessive negative camber.

Most likely is that you have badly worn lower arm bushing( or camber bushing). By now you should be having clunking suspension?

Yes I have a clunking suspension, that means I will have to replace either the lower arm or camber bushing.
Re: Bmw Coja 330xi Issues by elviszzz: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2019
EngRichie:
If you are certain that every other suspension parts are okay, adjust camber through the three bolts on top of the shock absorber, in the engine bay.

Will have my mechanic check it, thanks for the info.
Re: Bmw Coja 330xi Issues by franksam2009: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2020
EngRichie:
plzzzz bro how do I adjust camber on the three bolts on top shock absorbers, plzzz
Re: Bmw Coja 330xi Issues by EngRichie: 5:04am On Nov 05, 2020
To make everything visible to you, raise the front of car, remove the tire, slack the three bolts holding the struts at the top slightly, try to shake/move/turn the strut and you will see how it adjusts. Tighten bolts at the desired position. This adjustment is meant to be done with tool that can read camber angle but in the absence of any, adjustment by visual inspection will be better than non.

franksam2009:
plzzzz bro how do I adjust camber on the three bolts on top shock absorbers, plzzz

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Get Custom Headlights & Custom Grill For Camry 2011 SE? / Landrover Freelander 2003 Model / Please Give me Some Advice. I Am About To Change My 2007 Camry Engine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.