Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,495 members, 7,847,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian (680 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Omooba77: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
CNN) A former pastor who wrote a bestselling book on traditional relationships has confirmed the end of his marriage, apologized for opposing LGBTQ rights and announced he is no longer a Christian.

Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye", which railed against sex before marriage and homosexuality, sold over 1 million copies and became a fixture in Christian youth groups after coming out 22 years ago.

But Harris now says the 1997 work "contributed to a culture of exclusion and bigotry," and that he has "undergone a massive shift in regard to my faith in Jesus."

Writing on Instagram, he added: "By all the measurements that I have for defining a Christian, I am not a Christian."

"I have lived in repentance for the past several years -- repenting of my self-righteousness, my fear-based approach to life, the teaching of my books, my views of women in the church, and my approach to parenting to name a few," Harris wrote in the post.

The cover of Harris' book.
The cover of Harris' book.
"To the LGBTQ+ community, I want to say that I am sorry for the views that I taught in my books and as a pastor regarding sexuality. I regret standing against marriage equality, for not affirming you and your place in the church, and for any ways that my writing and speaking contributed to a culture of exclusion and bigotry. I hope you can forgive me," he went on.

Harris previously confirmed his divorce in a separate post last week, announcing the end of his 21-year marriage after realizing that "significant changes have taken place in both of us".
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/29/us/joshua-harris-divorce-apology-scli-intl/index.html

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by DWJOBScom(m): 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
Don’t worry you will get better soon!
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Omooba77: 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
Sign of end time, the love of many shall wax cold. May God uphold us and open the eyes of Joshua Harris

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by thorpido(m): 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
End times.The love of many waxing cold.
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by coolcharm(m): 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2019
Well... Well... Well... The end of a thing is better than the beginning thereof.

May we all be steadfast till the end!!
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Righteousness89(m): 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
The Holy Bible is sooo on Point..

If you are still arguing or Confused if we are in the End of times.. you need to be Helped..

Matthew 24
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

The Sky will Break Open anytime soon..
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. This one that his apology to the LGBT community coincided with the end of his marriage, could he be insinuating what i think?

Definitely the stronger foundation that the obedience of the Words of Jesus provides is needed because the storms and winds that beat against the house are getting stronger.

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Omooba77: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
coolcharm:
Well... Well... Well... The end of a thing is better than the beginning thereof.

May we all be steadfast till the end!!

Amen and Amen!!!!
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Omooba77: 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
Hmmm. This one that his apology to the LGBT community coincided with the end of his marriage, could he be insinuatinging what i think?

Definitely the stronger foundation that the obedience of the Words of Jesus provides is needed because the storms and winds that beat against the house are getting stronger.
Signs of end time
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Omooba77: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
Righteousness89:
The Holy Bible is sooo on Point..

If you are still arguing or Confused if we are in the End of times.. you need to be Helped..

Matthew 24
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

The Sky will Break Open anytime soon..

Very Correct sir, Anti-Christ already in the corner. Lucifer will be let loose..May God keep us all.

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by NPComplete: 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lol. These clowns can't bear the fact that people are waking up to the fuckery in their religion. So they are here trying to convince themselves everything is alright and quoting useless verses that haven't said anything new.

4 Likes

Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Shepherd00: 10:09pm On Jul 29, 2019
Omooba77:
Sign of end time, the love of many shall wax cold.
May God uphold us and open the eyes of Joshua Harris
According to what he wrote there, he didn't say he is no longer a Christian. He said, based on his actions in the passed, he has come to realize that he had not been practicing Christianity as he shd, he has been judgmental of others and exhibiting Self-righteousness which is Sin.

However, a lot more shall happen. The Tares Shall continue to flip over until the Master returns

Who ever knew that Judah Iscariot who followed Jesus everywhere, ate and slelt together with all others.

When others were empowered to heal the sick, open the eyes of the blind, cast out demons, him too was empowered with the same Holy Spirit, but turned out to flip at the tail end of the journey.

We shall continue to see flip overs. unfortunately, we can never really know these people in-depthly to know if they were indeed believers before now.

it's not enough to write a book, push crowds and all.
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Omooba77: 6:31am On Jul 30, 2019
Shepherd00:

According to what he wrote there, he didn't say he is no longer a Christian. He said, based on his actions in the passed, he has come to realize that he had not been practicing Christianity as he shd, he had be judgmental of others and exhibiting Self-righteousness.

Nevertheless, a lot more shall happen. The Tares Shall continue to flip through until the master returns

Who ever knew that Judah Iscariot who followed Jesus everywhere, ate and sleep together with all others.

When others were empowered to heal the sick, open the eyes of the blind, cast out demons, him too was empowered, but turned out to flip at the tail end of the journey.

We shall continue to see flip overs. unfortunately, we can never really know these people in-depthly to know if they were indeed believers before now.

it's not enough to write a book, push crowds and all.

We need to pray for this kind of people, because, the half Truth they have practised is dangerous. May God restore him. Everyone gets to this level, but may our faith not fail us.
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Shepherd00: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
Omooba77:

We need to pray for this kind of people, because, the half Truth they have practised is dangerous. May God restore him. Everyone gets to this level, but may our faith not fail us.
May our Faith not fail.
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by LordReed(m): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
LoL! Jesus is coming soon indeed. 1,980+ years is coming soon to your church mind? LMFAO!
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by NPComplete: 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
LordReed:
LoL! Jesus is coming soon indeed. 1,980+ years is coming soon to your church mind? LMFAO!

No mind them. The clowns are just consoling themselves. Even they know that what they believe is horseshit but they have invested too much of their lives and reputation in it hence all the nonsense about Jesus coming soon.

2 Likes

Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by LordReed(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
NPComplete:

No mind them. The clowns are just consoling themselves. Even they know that what they believe is horseshit but they have invested too much of their lives and reputation in it hence all the nonsense about Jesus coming soon.

LoL! It's just so funny to see the mental gymnastics show they have to put on to defend this shit. I think of the ones I did and I feel like throwing up. LMFAO!

2 Likes

Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by CodeTemplar: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
End time happenings.
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by Greatzeus(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
To all those fornicators,cheats,thieves and liars quoting Bible above,you think you are any better because you go to church? Hypocrites undecided
The Bible says,if any brother is over taking in a fault,restore him in the spirit of meekness.
You all condemning the man,like you any better undecided

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by MuttleyLaff: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
jesusjnr:
Hmmm. This one that his apology to the LGBT community coincided with the end of his marriage, could he be insinuating what i think?
He is not insinuating anything that you think. The guy has woke but I guess, his now ex-missus is still shackled to heavy indoctrination(s), so it split them

It's the similar thing with the Oyaks, only that its was the reverse, it is his ex-missus, in their case, that woke and hence their inevitable split too.

jesusjnr:
We live in a post-truth era, where cast iron facts, are viewed as irrelevant or less important than indoctrinations, deliberate and calculated lies, personal beliefs and opinions
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by 0temSapien: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
This is goodness! I wonder what year 2625 will be like. That year, we have to look into a microscope to see the remnants of Christianity left on earth grin
The Light of God Almighty which created Jehovah has revealed this billions of years ago.
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by MuttleyLaff: 4:40am On Jul 31, 2019
0temSapien:
This is goodness! I wonder what year 2625 will be like. That year, we have to look into a microscope to see the remnants of Christianity left on earth grin
The Light of God Almighty which created Jehovah has revealed this billions of years ago.
"37No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
38And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.
39No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
"
- Romans 8:37-39
Re: A Pastor Of Bestselling Relationship Book Says He Is No Longer Christian by orunto27: 5:20am On Jul 31, 2019
Back to SELFISHNESS. It is a Religion too-Myopic Superstition.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Jesus Dies Of Pneumonia Days After His Visit To Kenya / Mfm 70 Days Fasting & Prayers Program Day11 / Dunamis Glory Dome Church; Pedestrians Face Danger Crossing Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.