Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

My Uncle Is Draining My Grandmum Financially - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Is Draining My Grandmum Financially (688 Views)

My Sister Is Draining Me Financially / My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. / My Grandmum Was An Idol Worshiper, Now This Is Happening To Me, Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle Is Draining My Grandmum Financially by tunjilee003: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
I'm staying with my paternal grandmother while am still schooling in the north..my uncle's house is not far away from ours..but the problem is he has been jobless for over three years,he has a family to feed, bills to pay but my grandma who is not financially stable is the one settling all the costs... imagine a man in his Early 40s still depending on his mother before he can feed himself,its so disheartening...my grandma who is supposed to be managing The Little capital she has, she now sees him as a liability which is not supposed to be so.... but instead of my uncle to engage in something productive all he does is to sit with some jobless folks and start discussing something not meaningful.....
plz pardon my grammar,why should my grandma do concerning this issue?
Re: My Uncle Is Draining My Grandmum Financially by consultancy: 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
tunjilee003:
I'm staying with my paternal grandmother while am still schooling in the north..my uncle's house is not far away from ours..but the problem is he has been jobless for over three years,he has a family to feed, bills to pay but my grandma who is not financially stable is the one settling all the costs... imagine a man in his Early 40s still depending on his mother before he can feed himself,its so disheartening...my grandma who is supposed to be managing The Little capital she has, she now sees him as a liability which is not supposed to be so.... but instead of my uncle to engage in something productive all he does is to sit with some jobless folks and start discussing something not meaningful.....
train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it..your grandma, his mother, pampered and indulged him excessively when he was young, that is why at age 40+, he doesn't see anything wrong in his mother taking care of his responsibilities. if he has elder brothers, a family meeting should be called and everyone should advice him to try and be useful to himself and his family before it is too late for him. on the other hand, she can set up a business for him to manage, or put together funds for him to start up something. but i doubt a man who lazied away all his life up to 40+ would want to do anything useful with himself. such people only come to reality when the bearer of their responsibilities is no more. if anything should happen to your grandma now, you will be shocked to see that your uncle take up a mop stick and start working, even as a cleaner. i will suggest your grandma makes him aware that she has accumulated some debts in tryin to cater for him, so he should step up his game and find something to do to earn a living and also offset the debt she has. this will propel him into motion, knowin that your grandma is tired of his situation already

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is Draining My Grandmum Financially by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
tunjilee003:

plz pardon my grammar,why what should my grandma do concerning this issue?
She needs to cease giving him money and let him fend for his family himself. He will continue bumming about if she continues footing his and his family's bills. He and his wife are taking advantage of your grandmother . I hate seeing elderly people being taken advantage of.

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is Draining My Grandmum Financially by mankettle(m): 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
consultancy:
train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it..your grandma, his mother, pampered and indulged him excessively when he was young, that is why at age 40+, he doesn't see anything wrong in his mother taking care of his responsibilities. if he has elder brothers, a family meeting should be called and everyone should advice him to try and be useful to himself and his family before it is too late for him. on the other hand, she can set up a business for him to manage, or put together funds for him to start up something. but i doubt a man who lazied away all his life up to 40+ would want to do anything useful with himself. such people only come to reality when the bearer of their responsibilities is no more. if anything should happen to your grandma now, you will be shocked to see that your uncle take up a mop stick and start working, even as a cleaner. i will suggest your grandma makes him aware that she has accumulated some debts in tryin to cater for him, so he should step up his game and find something to do to earn a living and also offset the debt she has. this will propel him into motion, knowin that your grandma is tired of his situation already
j
I cant add anything here.. GRANDMA has been indulging him. The only way out is for Mama to say no which we all know she cannot

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is Draining My Grandmum Financially by frozen70(f): 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
tunjilee003:

A mother will always love her child come what may

Your grand mum knows what to do with him when the time comes

Just keep watching them

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need a Skill, Abeg Train me / Clearance Sales- Men's Wears (UK) - 50% Discount Off!!! / Should I Kidnap My Two Kids Because Of My Stingy Rich Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.