Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot (501 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by Lawalemi(m): 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
Please advise me. Somewhere in Ado Odo/Ota local government area in Ogun State, I asked my carpenter and bricklayer to construct lintel on a three bedrooms apartment today.
Upon buying of cements, Iron rod, sand and planks, the land grabbers moved in and demanded for 150,000 naira which we negotiated to 125,000 naira. Upon the completion of the lintel, the guys mentioned that I shall pay 400,000 naira being that they have just won the court judgement.
I asked the carpenter and bricklayer to leave site. These guys sounded tough. Please what can I do next?
Re: Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by gaby(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2019
Na wa
Re: Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by AntiWailer: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
U cnt escape the payment

Just negotiate with them.

Tell how u were forced to come and do something cos of challenges with ur Landlord.
Re: Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by kings59: 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
Get a lawyer or you negotiate with them.

Back then in 2017, there was this soldier man that was fencing his home, omo onile came and demanded 50k, the soldier wasn't around when they came. When the soldier came back and asked why they haven't started work, the bricklayers replied that Omo onile stopped them.

The man told the bricklayers to come and do the work tomorrow.

That tomorrow, 10 armed soldiers came and they all sat watching the bricklayers work.

Oya where omo onile dey they chant, omo oniles were no where to be found.

He completed his fence that day and no touts were seen.

1 Like

Re: Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by Raysleek: 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
Get a lawyer
Re: Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by Lawalemi(m): 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2019
AntiWailer:
U cnt escape the payment

Just negotiate with them.

Tell how u were forced to come and do something cos of challenges with ur Landlord.

I will try
Re: Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by Lawalemi(m): 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2019
kings59:
Get a lawyer or you negotiate with them.

Back then in 2017, there was this soldier man that was fencing his home, omo onile came and demanded 50k, the soldier wasn't around when they came. When the soldier came back and asked why they haven't started work, the bricklayers replied that Omo onile stopped them.

The man told the bricklayers to come and do the work tomorrow.

That tomorrow, 10 armed soldiers came and they all sat watching the bricklayers work.

Oya where omo onile dey they chant, omo oniles were no where to be found.

He completed his fence that day and no touts were seen.

What a proud moment to be a soldier
Re: Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by Lawalemi(m): 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
Raysleek:
Get a lawyer

You can't Sue them from what I heard. They have their lawyers and they are landlords
Re: Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by AntiWailer: 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lawalemi:

You can't Sue them from what I heard. They have their lawyers and they are landlords

They dnt need lawyers.

They will frustrate u.

As u are dropping stuffs for building they will steal it.

They can even demolish a part.

They are that crazy.

They can also say one part of the family did not sign and that one na serious gbege

Just go to the elders, postrate and beg them and come up with a very crazy story
Re: Advise: Omo Onile Demanding N500,000 Per Plot by Lawalemi(m): 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
AntiWailer:

They dnt need lawyers.

They will frustrate u.

As u are dropping stuffs for building they will steal it.

They can even demolish a part.

They are that crazy.

They can also say one part of the family did not sign and that one na serious gbege

Just go to the elders, postrate and beg them and come up with a very crazy story

You know them so well. I've got to meet them tomorrow

(1) (Reply)

Green Brooks Estate, Abijo GRA / Orisun Estates 2019 Ileya Promo: Up To 40% Discount Off Actual Prices / Flatmate Needed In Iju Ishaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.