Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,359 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar (12435 Views)

Nigeria Has Given So Much To The Igbo Nation, Why Do Some Of Them Wish Her Bad? / Jonathan And His Government Steal 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Daily - Tinubu / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Gbawe: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2010
EzeUche0:

English not our native tongue so give these people a break! angry

Not everyone can string words together in English!

Do you actually realise what you are saying in the context of a modern Nigeria ?  Is it not terribly obvious? If all Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Efik, Ibibio men restricted themselves to gaining profficiency in their "native tongue" alone where does that leave Nigeria in its desire to be a modern nation with citizens who , minimally,  can communicate effectively with each other ? English is our national Language . Deal with it. We may not have eradicated illiteracy yet but we don't expect the wife of our President to speak like an illiterate.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by icare1: 9:06am On Oct 19, 2010
A first lady with poor english that shows the standard of her husband.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by vedaxcool(m): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2010
Truly her english is too bad she needs to reherse her speeches more often than going public and shouting like a bleeding dog, no offense intended but listening to her speak is like, hearing a hungry goat's bleating. She has to improve her "SWAG", her's is no class and too low class for Naija people, maybe she should try broken English for a change, I doubt whether she and her husband speak english when discussing if not "Jonny" might have divorce her out of disgust.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Gbawe: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2010
Jonathan seems hellbent on throwing away every advantage his mythical goodluck has bestowed on him. One has to question his judgement and basic intelligence when he allows Patience to have such a visible and prominent role when he must be fully aware that , as per lack of finesse and erudition, Mrs. Jonathan is an outright liability. This is highly comical !! When she is not berating elected officials in public (Ameachi) , despite not holding elective office herself, she is foolishly dishing out bags of rice, flying a hugely unneccesary entourage to the USA in austere times and destroying the language all decently educated Nigerians should be profficient in!!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Pennywise(m): 10:09am On Oct 19, 2010
Apart from her bad English, Patience will go down in history as the loudest and the noisiest first lady we ever had. She may also bag the credit of being the ugliest.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by favouredjb(f): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2010
I missed the amaechi dramancan someone please brief me on what happened that day
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by nyabingi(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2010
I used to think I was the only one that noticed, however our dear first lady should take a break and learn at least basic English, it will help her cos she will be meeting with prominent people in the future and it would not be right for her to shame the largest black nation on the face of the earth!
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by favouredjb(f): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2010
@beaf,from your post seems you don't see anything wrong with the semi literate dame,
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Sonye(f): 11:26am On Oct 26, 2010
Please did any cameraman capture this honorable speech? I feel it will be funnier actually watching her mouth move to this bomb!!! lol cheesy
I had no idea the first lady couldn't speak proper english. She should employ a translator and stick with her native tongue, omg i can't get over this grin cheesy smiley
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by dayokanu(m): 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
Madam don come again oooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon / I Need Access To Herbal Medicine - Jolly Nyame Begs Court For Bail / More Dankwambo's Aides Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.