Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,725 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation (34376 Views)

BREAKING: Oro Worshipers Invade Mosque, Attack Imam, Other Muslims In Ile Ife / Gunmen Invade Mosque In Ogun, Abduct Police Inspector, Two Others / Fulani Herdsmen In Ogun Attack A Woman, Remove Her Finger, Shatter Her Jaw (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by ikorodureporta: 7:18am On Jul 30, 2019
Some Oro adherents, on Saturday, invaded a mosque in Idi-Iroko in the Ipokia Local Government Area of Ogun State and pelted the Imam and the congregation with stones.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the Muslims incurred the wrath of the traditionalists by coming out during the Oro festival to observe their prayers.

The Wakeelul Muslimeen of Yorubaland, Edo and Delta states, Sheikh Iskeel Lawal, said the incident happened during the observance of the afternoon (Suhr) prayer at the mosque.

While explaining the reason for the attack, Lawal said residents of the community had been warned by the Oro adherents not to go out during their festival on Saturday.

He said Muslims in the area first complied with the directive, but later came out to observe the afternoon prayer, which led to the attack on them by the Oro traditionalists inside the mosque.

Lawal stated, “The incident occurred around 1.18pm on Saturday when our Muslim brothers were observing the Suhr prayer at the Umar bin Khatab Mosque at Odan-Aje, behind the General Hospital, Idi-Iroko.

“The Oro adherents invaded the mosque and pelted the Imam and the congregation with stones, and chased them away. They later destroyed the property in the mosque.”

While warning against religious crisis in the state, the Islamic leader said, “We condemn the action of the Oro adherents and urge the government to intervene in the issue before it escalates.

“It is not in the 1999 Nigerian Constitution that no one, whether he is a Muslim or not, must not go out on a particular day or time because of the Oro festival.

“Everybody is free to practice what he wants; no one should impose his ideology on another person. The government must intervene before it becomes too late.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident.

He said the command had arrested some of the perpetrators.

When asked for the number of the suspects arrested, Oyeyemi promised to call our correspondent back, but had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

https://punchng.com/oro-adherents-invade-mosque-pelt-imam-congregation-with-stones/amp/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by nepapole(m): 8:09am On Jul 30, 2019
Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by redsquare(m): 11:11am On Jul 30, 2019
What happened? I thought there is religious tolerance in the SW? grin

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by xyz123456: 11:11am On Jul 30, 2019
Nonsense. If Muslims starts now, they will say their own too much

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by SojiCash(m): 11:11am On Jul 30, 2019
A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Xisnin(m): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2019
xyz123456:
Most of those Oro worshippers are also Muslims.

219 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Skelewu: 11:12am On Jul 30, 2019
Religious intolerance.

If the adherents of the 'religion of peace' decide now to carry out a reprisal attack, it'll sure be bloody.

Thankfully, Yoruba Muslims are not as violent as their Hausa counterparts.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Bbbwings: 11:12am On Jul 30, 2019
grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by noble2faith(m): 11:13am On Jul 30, 2019
lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by sylve11: 11:13am On Jul 30, 2019
lol grin grin cool

the gist just too funny. a well deserved chasing.............. grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by drips8(m): 11:13am On Jul 30, 2019
I don't even know what to say
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by kerry57: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2019
Na wa for wa for naija oooo . everywhere jaga jaga

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Chibuzoc(m): 11:14am On Jul 30, 2019
Oro worshippers searching for killer herdsmen abi muric

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by MudRaker: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2019
xyz123456:

Muslims in northern Nigeria have been known to attack non-Muslims for not observing Ramadan fast.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by hisexcellency34: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2019
I was shocked to hear the Imam and his followers fled

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Acidosis(m): 11:14am On Jul 30, 2019
Nigerian Government needs to proscribe and place an everlasting ban on public processions that disrupt movements, trade, and services.

The list shouldn't stop at Shittes. It is stupidity to ban Shitte processions and allow Oro cultists invade Ikorodu and other towns in Nigeria. No senseless Oba or Chief has the right to restrict movements of anybody, indigene or not, male or female.

When you proscribe Shittes movements and allow Oro people to restrict movements, then you're just being stup!d and senseless as a nation.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by foolbuster: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2019
Oshe !!! Sai baba is working. We are reaping his dividends of fine leadership skills.

Sai baba till 2027!!! grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by AbuuBilaal(m): 11:14am On Jul 30, 2019
Many of those Oro worshippers will have Muslim names. Perhaps some of them have gone for Hajj.

Although many Yorubas claim to have accepted Islam, the fact is that only a few have completely left their idolatry.

Rather, the official religion of virtually all Yoruba societies is idolatry.

Now you know why the typical northerner doesn't reckon with the Islam of a Yoruba man.

I once travelled to Owerri and to be candid, the few Igbo Muslims are more sincere about their Islam than the Yoruba Muslim.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by tesloid(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2019
Shun bams hafa.. What nonsense

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by princeade86(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2019
Religion battle.
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by AbuuBilaal(m): 11:16am On Jul 30, 2019
Xisnin:

Most of those Oro worshippers also claim to be muslim.
Corrected.

It's quite pathetic though.

4 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by klashe(m): 11:16am On Jul 30, 2019
xyz123456:
please what do you want to call the ones they've been doing? Rehearsal or Prologue?

20 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2019
redsquare:

10 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by NigerianMan: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2019
SEE THIS MUMU TOO

MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

This news just made me cumm explosively!

What is sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

Muslim and Christian religions are foreign to our cultures. They can't come and claim superiority over our traditional religion.

More of this insha Allah.

12 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Chiedu4Trump: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2019
Nija is generally tried of islam.

So no surprise when the Oro guys heard they were moslems, rushed their to show their displeasure.

Make we see wetin Mu2ric go talk!
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked
This news just made me cumm explosively!

What is sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

Muslim and Christian religions are foreign to our cultures. They can't come and claim superiority over our traditional religion.
More of this insha Allah.

The God of the bible is far superior to any african god.

The God of the bible has executed judgement against African gods b4.

Exodus 12:12
For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast;
and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.

MudRaker:

Muslims in northern Nigeria have been known to attack non-Muslims for not observing Ramadan fast.

True and its all good.

Now its on the other foot , dem don dey vex.

Make we see wetin Mumuric go talk

Acidosis:
Nigerian Government needs to proscribe and place an everlasting ban on public processions that disrupt movements, trade, and services.

The list shouldn't stop at Shittes. It is stupidity to ban Shitte processions and allow Oro cultists invade Ikorodu and other towns in Nigeria. No senseless Oba or Chief has the right to restrict movements of anybody, indigene or not, male or female.

When you proscribe Shittes movements and allow Oro people to restrict movements, then you're just being stup!d and senseless as a nation.

Dont Islamic Police restrict what u can & cant do during their fast in the North?

redsquare:

I hear say dem just vex thinking dem go see fulanis there, so they rushed there.

Chibuzoc:
Oro worshippers searching for killer herdsmen abi muric
Na wetin I hear oh!

Na Fulani guys dey dem mind when dem rush there.

AbuuBilaal:
Many of those Oro worshippers will have Muslim names. Perhaps some of them have gone for Hajj.

Although many Yorubas claim to have accepted Islam, the fact that only a few have completely left their idolatry.

Rather, the official religion of virtually all Yoruba societies is idolatry.

Now you know why the typical northerner doesn't reckon with the Islam of a Yoruba man.

I once travelled to Owerri and to be candid, the few Igbo Muslims are more sincere about their Islam than the Yoruba Muslim.

So many people are saying this, the official religion of virtually all Yoruba societies is idolatry.

I pray that those who claim Jesus follow him in spirit & truth oh!

9 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Kakamorufu(m): 11:22am On Jul 30, 2019
tor. this one weak me o

2 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Yusuf54: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2019
Xisnin:

Most of those Oro worshippers are also muslim.
Stop saying what You don't know.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 16 Alleged Internet Fraudsters In Lagos / Soldiers And Civilians Clash In Umuahia, Abia State / Corpse Found Floating In River In Osun (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.