Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation (34393 Views)

BREAKING: Oro Worshipers Invade Mosque, Attack Imam, Other Muslims In Ile Ife / Gunmen Invade Mosque In Ogun, Abduct Police Inspector, Two Others / Fulani Herdsmen In Ogun Attack A Woman, Remove Her Finger, Shatter Her Jaw (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Ikepor: 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
[no be afeez,semiu,musibau dey Carry the oro??quotethor=xyz123456 post=80766517]Nonsense. If No quotems starts now, they will say their own too much[/quote]
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Acidosis(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
Grupo:

Should the government also proscribe all the churches that have their headquarters along Lagos Ibadan express way? Are you going to claim those ones don't cause unnecessary traffic?

They have their headquarters along, not on the express way. Whatever happens on the road while conveying themselves to their religious centres is governments' business.

Companies in Marina are not blame for the heavy traffic on 3rd Mainland bridge, yeah? As far as these companies and church services are held on privately acquired properties, whatever happens on the road is no one's business. Taxes have been paid in form of road use, CofO, Survey, etc.

Government can only proscribe deliberate declarations like Oro people do; total blockage of road and lockdown against non-loyalists or worshippers; and conversion of roads to Jumat grounds.

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by baddosky1: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2019
Xisnin:

Most of those Oro worshippers are also muslim.

Y*ruba people are the most confused set of religious adherents.

One of my former neighbours is a muslim but they play yoruba christian music and one day, a pastor came and did all night prayer with them in their house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
atheistandproud:
During Ramadan, you cannot drink water in front of Moslems oh. Eating is risky sef. My NYSC uniform save me sha. Sometimes I wear it for wearing sake as it guarantees my safety in the North even after service.
Don't mind them.

Muslims are the most intolerant people in Nigeria.

They beheaded a woman for selling food during Ramadan, beheaded a woman for preaching.

Arrested people eating during Ramadan and cry wolf when you do the same to them.

Bunch of barbarians.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Fourwinds: 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I was shocked to hear the Imam and his followers fled
juju koboko sure

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Starz825(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
Xisnin:

Most of those Oro worshippers are also muslim.
As in...most of those traditionalist na Muslims..name like saheed, fatai, sodiq, moruf, mudashir...na him u go dey hear and on Fridays dey go to mosque for jimoh grin

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by ijobaooorun(m): 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
It's sad how people have no respect for culture and tradition all in the name of religion. If E sure for you, tell ur wife or girlfriend to go meet agemo deity, you will know waiiz going on eventuarry

3 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by umarshehu58(m): 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
MudRaker:

Muslims in northern Nigeria have been known to attack non-Muslims for not observing Ramadan fast.

And where did you get this your lie from?
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by NkayStory(f): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
redsquare:
What happened? I thought there is religious tolerance in the SW? grin

They are simply deceiving themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Spallanzani: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
ijobaooorun:
It's sad how people have no respect for culture and tradition all in the name of religion. If E sure for you, tell ur wife or girlfriend to go meet agemo deity, you will know waiiz going on eventuarry
Help me tell that idiot acidosis, he thinks nah by chest beating when saponna attack the ode, his brain go reset. Some people just don't regard culture

2 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Spallanzani: 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
baddosky1:

One of my former neighbours is a muslim but they play yoruba christian music and one day, a pastor came and did all night prayer with them in their house.
So that makes them confuse... ever heard of religion tolerance, if that is practiced in the North or your South East, Nigeria would have at least solve one of her biggest problems. Live and let's live... Love supersedes everything!

2 Likes

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Spallanzani: 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2019
Acidosis:

Lmao! grin Ordinary teargas will blind your gods and followers. There is a reason your senseless gods reside in some of the most backward and development-impossible villages. You mean... I should ignore places like Lekki, VI, Banana Island, Maitama, etc and come dwell amongst some of world's most backward illiterates?

Thunder faya your mouth!
So leave them and let them be in their backward villages. Respect their culture and stop been ignorant. In all your getting, get sense you slowpoke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Akorede02(m): 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

This news just made me cumm explosively!

What is sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

Muslim and Christian religions are foreign to our cultures. They can't come and claim superiority over our traditional religion.

More of this insha Allah.

1 tí 8 2 lọ 1í
You mean cum... Is Your ( ) that wide.
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by babtoundey(m): 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

This news just made me cumm explosively!

What is sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

Muslim and Christian religions are foreign to our cultures. They can't come and claim superiority over our traditional religion.

More of this insha Allah.

once you spot a post or comment that 8s deficient of reasoning and sound logic don't labour to check who the poster is - 98% of senseless comments on this forum belong to this wannabe

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by ZaraGift: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
Zikomakanaki:
shocked the gods must be crazy grin

@fugeeboi on IG
WATCH THE VIDEO IN MY SIGNATURE:

Go find work

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Kingluqman(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
That picture na picture of Araba agbaiye from ile ife, not from Ogun state.
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Xisnin(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
baddosky1:

Sorry, I don't engage tribal bigots.
Everybody is free to worship whatever they like in any form.

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by nkemdi89(f): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
Oro that I tried peeping at, but we were made to understand that women can see them, else she will go blind.
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by firfinch(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
Acidosis:
Nigerian Government needs to proscribe and place an everlasting ban on public processions that disrupt movements, trade, and services.

The list shouldn't stop at Shittes. It is stupidity to ban Shitte processions and allow Oro cultists invade Ikorodu and other towns in Nigeria. No senseless Oba or Chief has the right to restrict movements of anybody, indigene or not, male or female.

When you proscribe Shittes movements and allow Oro people to restrict movements, then you're just being stup!d and senseless as a nation.
Tradition is tradition, it's what we know before the government, it is what guides the people of the land from wrong doing. Even the colonialist met an organised people when they invaded us. The tradition of the land must be respected, but at the same time people must be considerate to one another to ensure harmonious coexistence.

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Acidosis(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
firfinch:

Tradition is tradition, it's what we know before the government, it is what guides the people of the land from wrong doing. Even the colonialist met an organised people when they invaded us. The tradition of the land must be respected, but at the same time people must be considerate to one another to ensure harmonious coexistence.

No tradition is bigger than the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by mabea: 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
AbuuBilaal:
Many of those Oro worshippers will have Muslim names. Perhaps some of them have gone for Hajj.

Although many Yorubas claim to have accepted Islam, the fact is that only a few have completely left their idolatry.

Rather, the official religion of virtually all Yoruba societies is idolatry.

Now you know why the typical northerner doesn't reckon with the Islam of a Yoruba man.

I once travelled to Owerri and to be candid, the few Igbo Muslims are more sincere about their Islam than the Yoruba Muslim.
Which Igbo Muslims you better stop this.

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by AbuuBilaal(m): 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
mabea:
Which Igbo Muslims you better stop this.

The ones I saw
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Origin(f): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
I'm not sure how people justify their being superior to another..

every religion must mind its own business and seek love and understanding.

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO USE THEIR ACTIONS TO DISTURB ANYONE ELSE.

(WHETHER MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN OR TRADITIONALISTS) JUSTICE MUST REMAIN BLIND.

We keep saying we have religion but we remain intolerable.

If you were truly religious you would not hurt people with your words or actions.
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Stargurl20(f): 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
This nonsense should be stopped with immediately....
The last tym I checked ....there is freedom of religion.
So aw can one religion b imposing things on other ....
This will be injustice if the govt over look this
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Empiree: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
AbuuBilaal:
Many of those Oro worshippers will have Muslim names. Perhaps some of them have gone for Hajj.

Although many Yorubas claim to have accepted Islam, the fact is that only a few have completely left their idolatry.

Now you know why the typical northerner doesn't reckon with the Islam of a Yoruba man.

I once travelled to Owerri and to be candid, the Igbo Muslims are more sincere about their Islam than the Yoruba Muslim.
very sad. These are not muslim. They openly declared their other beliefs. Whether they have muslims name or not is irrelevant. It had always been the case for donkey years. You would hear Buraimo(Ibrahim), Muraina(Imran) and so on.

Despite dawah for decades in Yorubaland they are very stubborn. As sheikh Akindele rightly said, if Filipino visit Hajj they usually revert to Islam. But if Yoruba man goes to Hajj he returns home and retains his kufr beliefs. Well, they have the right to practice their religion but if it has to disturb or conflict other citizens it must be banned from holding public possession.

The muslims just need to be firm and have very strong cooperation to deal with them just like the time of Alfa Apalara in 1955. Otherwise, these oloro people will kill muslims and get away with it as usual. Looks like they are making comeback and getting bold recently. In the 80s and early 90s Muslims kicked them in the butt. They were so afraid of Islam.
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by tigerclaws: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
Elemosho478:

But your people said there are no Igbo Muslim
[/s]
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by y3mi(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
RALPHOW:
What about the Muslims that block public roads that leads to Mosques, even in Abuja because of their Friday prayers ?
And Christians that do block public road to some churches during services?
We make noise with loud speakers in front of Mosques and churches even early in the Morning by Muslims and Vigil by Christians
And this traditional people will obey and respect those decisions imposed on them by us.
Why can't we respect and obey them for just one or two days.
Good point man.

Infact the traditional people have been doing their thing in their land of their ancestors for thousands of years before Europeans and Arabs brought these useless religions to destabilize their mentality and original way of life.

AbuuBilaal:

You are fool. It is all of you slaves converts of Abrahamic religions who practice idolatry by adhering to the supernatural-lacking gord of the semitic people. Our ancestors never indulged in what you foolishly called idolatory.

Has any traditional believer killed anyone in defense of their Gods ? But Jihadist muslims and Crusading Christians have maimed, murdered, raped and decapitated millions of lives on behalf of their idol gords. Bokoharam, hezbola, alqaeda, Isis, mujahedeen etc kills people for a moon gord that never existed.

If you disagree, why hasn't moamed and jisus or harla and jeovah done anything to strike those who swear oath of office in their name when sworn into govt. in Nigeria ? The same can't be said for God Ogun, God Sango, God Obatala, God Amadioha all of whom are one and the same with GOD (Eledumare/Ubangiji/Chukwu/Abasi etc).

My aboki, go and get properly schooled.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by Immaculate090: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
When I was a kid , Oro only comes out at midnight, and we will be asked not to look at them , so so thing will happen to you if you do, we use to be scared then...

When I became an adult, I discovered is all scam, is ur blif and it will affect u only wen u blif...

Nowadays, Oro are coming out anytime they feel is necessary....What significant have they made? Except to kidnap or use a stranger 4 sacrifice.....

ACCEPT JESUS/ALLAH AS YOUR LORD AND YOUR SAVIOUR B4 IS TOO LATE..
Re: Oro Worshippers Invade Mosque In Ogun, Attack Imam, Congregation by yemifez: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
AbuuBilaal:

I once travelled to Owerri and to be candid, the few Igbo Muslims are more sincere about their Islam than the Yoruba Muslim.
Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corpse Found Floating In River In Osun (Graphic Photo) / Herdsmen Fight Over Missing Cows In Imo / Bar Owner Shoots Man Dead In Oyo (Graphic Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.