Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence (9952 Views)

Imprisoned Dani Alves Pens Love Letter To Estranged Wife Ahead Of His Rape Case / Neymar Rape Accuser Indicted For Extortion By Brazilian Police / Lawyers Drop Neymar's Rape Accuser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by ogbiwa: 7:46am On Jul 30, 2019
Police investigating rape allegations against Brazilian footballer Neymar say they have closed the case.

The São Paulo attorney general's office said the case was suspended due to a lack of evidence, but will be sent to prosecutors for a final decision.

The investigation was opened after Brazilian model Najila Trindade alleged the footballer attacked her in a hotel in Paris, France, in May.

Neymar has denied the accusations, saying he is being extorted.

A spokesman for Neymar told AFP that he was not able to comment on the police decision.

The case has gripped Brazil, where it has dominated newspaper headlines.

It first came to light in June, when the Paris St-Germain star released a seven minute video on Instagram revealing that he had been accused of rape. He also published Whatsapp messages and images that he claimed to be of the woman.

In the video he says he had to make them public to "prove that nothing really happened".

Ms Trindade then went public, giving a television interview and releasing footage and a video clip purportedly showing an altercation between the two.
Police later filed a defamation suit against Ms Trindade, who allegedly insinuated the force was corrupt, according to news agency AFP.

The model was also dropped by several lawyers.
Prosecutors now have 15 days to evaluate the case before a judge makes a final ruling.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49160302

9 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by logon599: 7:47am On Jul 30, 2019
First Ronaldo now Neymar.
Like I've said before, rape is a serious crime that should never be handled lightly. In the same vein, false accusation is also a serious crime that should never be handled lightly. I will always want investigations to go deep and find out who is guilty, not just dropped. If it's the accused that is found guilty then he/she must face the full wrath of the law regardless of their status, to serve as deterrent to others. And if it's the accuser that's guilty, he/she MUST of necessity also face the full wrath for false accusation to also serve as a deterrent to other would-be false accusers who are gradually seeing rape accusation as a glamorous and quick pathway to riches and fame. My 2kobo.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Whaleshares: 8:17am On Jul 30, 2019
I am typing

1 Like

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by OndoFirstBorn(m): 11:14am On Jul 30, 2019
False-rape accusers shouldn't be allowed to go scot free.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by airminem(f): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2019
case RIP
Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by hisexcellency34: 11:15am On Jul 30, 2019
I know he is not guilty. That prostitute model just want a chunk of his money

11 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Fkhalifa(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2019
So this is how that rape case would also be buried in Nigeria..
#God dey

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by SojiCash(m): 11:16am On Jul 30, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by dynicks(m): 11:16am On Jul 30, 2019
Neymar when next he sights the prostitute...

Devil punish u there...

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by merits(m): 11:16am On Jul 30, 2019
Good

2 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Skepticus: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2019
cool

Cococandy, antibrutus disliked this post. grin

By the way, that Brazilian zambo bitch called Trinidade should be summarily raped for lying against soccer's former golden boy.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by ise82(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2019
Shame loading for the Dakolo fools.

20 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by foolbuster: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2019
Now sue the bitch for defamation and extortion. Not that she has any shishi to pay but as a scape goat to serve as deterent to others

41 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by cokerlino(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2019
good
Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Mustiboy(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2019
How I love Neymar.
But now, my boy's career is going down the hill. embarassed embarassed embarassed

I'm afraid he may never be as great as his Brazilian predecessors. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by one1clien(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2019
after neymar released those whatsapp, we knew the girl was obviously lying.

i'll build you a website/blog for 5k. see my signature

2 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by positivelord: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2019
E remain COZA own

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Xisnin(m): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2019
Before legal illiterates flood this thread and rant about "false accusations".

Lack of evidence simply means lack of evidence.
It does not denote guilt or innocence.

Sure, Neymar's published evidence suggests that there was nothing like rape
and the accuser herself reported to the police that she was physically attacked
not raped.
We know in this case that the woman is trying to extort him.

This doesn't mean that all accused are always automatically innocent when no evidence is present.
Tinubu, Saraki, Omisore were all discharged for lack of evidence.
Do you believe that they are therefore innocent of all corruption charges?

Before this lady can be convicted of any crime, Neymar must produce evidence
that she was lying which is not possible because she reported an "assault" which
can mean anything and second, they have been together for a while leaving a
wide room for possibilities.

I hope this teaches other stars a lesson that picking up random girls in parties or
online is highly risky.

10 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by princeade86(m): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2019
Just as fatoyinbo own will be drop because of no single evidence. When u don't have case to prove, is when u will run to media to tarnish many organizations like that lady that accused neymar. Neymar was so smart to have recorded every of their actions inside the other room.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Jojoki16: 11:20am On Jul 30, 2019
Why are women also be an instruments of destruction of successfully men? Fear women when you start getting $

14 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Oladelepsy001(m): 11:20am On Jul 30, 2019
Everyone who followed the story knew it won't hold water. The lady tried to see if she could use any means to extort the guy, but the guy was so smart to have kept chats to prove it was consented.....

8 Likes

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Iamdboss: 11:21am On Jul 30, 2019
I smell foul play somewhere....

1 Like

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Melison(m): 11:28am On Jul 30, 2019
In Chris brown voice
These hoes ain't loyal''
Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Aidejay(m): 11:28am On Jul 30, 2019
Testimony loading............!

1 Like

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by AbuuBilaal(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2019
logon599:
First Ronaldo now Neymar.
Like I've said before, rape is a serious crime that should never be handled lightly. In the same vein, false accusation is also a serious crime that should never be handled lightly. I will always want investigations to go deep and find out who is guilty, not just dropped. If it's the accused that is found guilty then he/she must face the full wrath of the law regardless of their status, to serve as deterrent to others. And if it's the accuser that's guilty, he/she MUST of necessity also face the full wrath for false accusation to also serve as a deterrent to other would-be false accusers who are gradually seeing rape accusation as a glamorous and quick pathway to riches and fame. My 2kobo.

True.

But then there's the fear that rape victims wouldn't speak out for fear of being eventually guilty.

Once again, women are abusing power.
Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by chrisxxx(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2019
Way Timi and Biodun una don hear?

1 Like

Re: Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 30, 2019
Same way timi's case will also be dropped due to lack of evidence against biodun, timi has gone rather quiet.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification / Croatia Vs Belgium: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 0) On 1st December 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.