Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

A Stranger In America - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Stranger In America (1247 Views)

Letter To A Stranger By Hammed Ajiboye / Stranger In My Life / Along Came A Stranger . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Stranger In America by Orikinla(m): 10:29pm On May 12, 2007
I have been given the opportunity to write a reality book on America as a visiting stranger with all expenses paid for 14 days.

I will move from New York to New Jersey and end up in Maryland.

I am thinking of a working title for the book.
Re: A Stranger In America by SMC(f): 11:06pm On May 12, 2007
ENOUGH ALREADY lipsrsealed
Re: A Stranger In America by ikamefa(f): 12:00am On May 13, 2007
SMC:

ENOUGH ALREADY lipsrsealed

ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin na today? grin
Re: A Stranger In America by Ndipe(m): 1:43am On May 13, 2007
hmmm.
Re: A Stranger In America by Orikinla(m): 4:12pm On May 13, 2007
My partner and I will drive from NY to NJ by road and the over two hours ride should be interesting to make me write while she is driving. And from New Jersey to Maryland is over three hours. Then I will remain in Baltimore to complete the story.

I don't want it to be a travelogue. A naturalistic love story of a stranger in America.
14 Days and 14 Nights is not a bad title.

Last year, I concentrated on my poems with the Scarlet Tears of London and the love book The Language of True Love inspired by my Malaysian muse Kye Lee Koi. The American book is being inspired by my American muse.

The Language of True Love is still being distributed by Glendora in Lagos, if you are interested. My R & B Single She Comes On Sundays is available by special request only.

I prefer replies within the context of the subject matter.
Re: A Stranger In America by SMC(f): 7:01pm On May 13, 2007
OMG. Please hurry up and leave. Maybe after you have been to the west, you will let us hear word. Also, maybe you'll learn modesty and humility on your sojourn abroad. tongue
Re: A Stranger In America by Orikinla(m): 7:53pm On May 13, 2007
It's My LIFE. It's My PREROGATIVE!!! LEAVE ME ALONE !!!

N.B:

You prefer to read the posts where you can pick on Orikinla and you ignore the more solemn posts.

Is your vagina still itching you? grin

Give my regards to your mother.
But if she is dead, light a candle for her.

God bless.
Re: A Stranger In America by SMC(f): 8:04pm On May 13, 2007
Orikinla:

It's My LIFE. It's My PREROGATIVE!!! LEAVE ME ALONE !!!

N.B:

You prefer to read the posts where you can pick on Orikinla and you ignore the more solemn posts.

Is your vagina still itching you? grin

Give my regards to your mother.
But if she is dead, light a candle for her.

God bless.
angry angry angry
HAAAA. Why would I want to give your regards to my mother? Do you know her or is it that you just want my mother dead or something? No thanks to you, my mother is hale and hearty and by the grace of God she will continue to be so for a long time to come. Just because I criticise some of what you write does not mean that you should wish me and my family ill. ABEG IF NA JOKE, STOP AM ONE TIME. shocked angry angry I will ignore the vagina jibe
Re: A Stranger In America by ikamefa(f): 3:04am On May 14, 2007
un-subscribing from thread this thread is full of shit!
Re: A Stranger In America by Orikinla(m): 8:53am On May 14, 2007
SMC:

angry angry angry
HAAAA. Why would I want to give your regards to my mother? Do you know her or is it that you just want my mother dead or something? No thanks to you, my mother is hale and hearty and by the grace of God she will continue to be so for a long time to come. Just because I criticise some of what you write does not mean that you should wish me and my family ill. ABEG IF NA JOKE, STOP AM ONE TIME. shocked angry angry I will ignore the vagina jibe

Apologies for scaring you.

No.
I don't wish anyone ill.
God forbid.

God knows me heart and soul.
I love humanity.

If I don't appreciate members of Nairaland, I won't be here.

How many members of the Association of Nigerian Authors are on Nairaland?
Your favourite Reuben Abati is on Uche Nworah's forum, Adebayo Williams and others are on NigeriansinAmerica.com. But, the most humble and modest ones are on Nairaland exchanging banters with youths of Nigeria. Because, the future belongs to you.

I am having fun.

What I expect on this topic are intellectual replies on the possibilities and realities of the opportunities and not personalities.

Great minds discuss ideas.
Only shallow minds discuss personalities

You all must learn to discuss the posts and not the posters.
Because, seeing the moniker or profile of the member does not mean you know him or her.

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Full Of Surprises (part 2) / The Spider; The Butterfly, The Struggle For Survival And The Beauty Of Creation / By The River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.