Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Beware Of Leeches In The Name Of Friends - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beware Of Leeches In The Name Of Friends (595 Views)

Beware Of This Fraudster; Squillaci/Lovenkreaand/Evangkatsoulis / 15 Kind Of Friends You Should Pray To Meet / Beware Of SLIM LITE COFFEE Lose Kilos Lekki Lagos Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Leeches In The Name Of Friends by Premiumwriter: 10:28am On Jul 30, 2019
I first read of this in one of James Hadley Chase book and I thought it wasn't possible.

But indeed leeches exist.

They suck you as much as possible and cunningly too until you become aware of them.

Stay as far away from them as possible. They are not true friends. So long as you have the juice, they will keep coming once in a while like they are faithful but once the fountain dries out they become scarce.

I had this friend (who's friends with everybody else sha) who's always running to me for money.

The first time we met, it was when I gave him some money to mend his footwear. Ever since then, we became 'close'

And it wouldn't take long for me to understand his nature. At every single opportunity, he was either asking me for this or that.

The amount he often request is not always thar big and every time, it's either he's having headaches (and wants to buy panadol) or already have the panadol and wants to buy pure water.

I do give out but soon realized he was meeting several others asking them for the same thing.

From that moment, I just didn't even want to see him again. I mean we are all students for christ sake. We all have it rough.

But he keeps squeezing people of the little they have unknown to them that that's he's cunning way of survival.

When I saw him begging another of my friend yesterday after I refused him (though then I didn't even have anything on me) I wanted to shout at him but just decided to hold it in.
Re: Beware Of Leeches In The Name Of Friends by Raphsays: 11:38am On Jul 30, 2019
Premiumwriter:
I first read of this in one of James Hadley Chase book and I thought it wasn't possible.

They suck you as much as possible and cunningly too until you become aware of them.

Stay as far away from them as possible. They are not true friends. So long as you have the juice, they will keep coming once in a while like they are faithful but once the fountain dries out they become scarce.

I had this friend (who's friends with everybody else sha) who's always running to me for money.

The first time we met, it was when I gave him some money to mend his footwear. Ever since then, we became 'close'

And it wouldn't take long for me to understand his nature. At every single opportunity, he was either asking me for this or that.

The amount he often request is not always thar big and every time, it's either he's having headaches (and wants to buy panadol) or already have the panadol and wants to buy pure water.

I do give out but soon realized he was meeting several others asking them for the same thing.

From that moment, I just didn't even want to see him again. I mean we are all students for christ sake. We all have it rough.

But he keeps squeezing people of the little they have unknown to them that that's he's cunning way of survival.

When I saw him begging another of my friend yesterday after I refused him (though then I didn't even have anything on me) I wanted to shout at him but just decided to hold it in.

Now you know them kindly stay away.

The moment someone does not add value to your life,
honestly, you don't need that person as a friend.
Re: Beware Of Leeches In The Name Of Friends by Richy4(m): 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
Premiumwriter:

You basically read James Hadley Chase book?... You can really watch paint dry my friend.. in my own opinion, if u wanna define boring, and clink on search.. I think his books might come up smiley
Re: Beware Of Leeches In The Name Of Friends by Premiumwriter: 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Richy4:

You basically read James Hadley Chase book?... You can really watch paint dry my friend.. in my own opinion, if u wanna define boring, and clink on search.. I think his books might come up smiley
different strokes for everyone man.

James is like one of the best for me. Love his pace and twist.

Seems a lot more realistic for me than most authors.

(1) (Reply)

7 Signs A Woman Is Tired Of A Relationship / Can A Family Respond To This Please Is Urgent. / The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing ?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.