Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,225 members, 7,953,859 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:56 AM

My Name Won't Change Because I Cant Speak My Dialect "IROKO BOSS Jason Njoku" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Name Won't Change Because I Cant Speak My Dialect "IROKO BOSS Jason Njoku" (976 Views)

Jason Njoku & Wife, Mary Marry For 2nd Time In Maldives (video) / Jason Njoku Celebrates His Wife, Mary Njoku On 36th Birthday (Photos)) / iROKOtv Boss, Jason Njoku Clocks 40 Today; His Wife Celebrates Him (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Name Won't Change Because I Cant Speak My Dialect "IROKO BOSS Jason Njoku" by Maniagist1: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
My children are currently learning French. Mandarin will be up next. lintend for them to develop this over the next 10 years.

They can't speak Igbo (neither can ). Its okay. The world won't shake from its foundations.

I am proudly Igbo yet don't speak or hear lgbo. Does that make me less Igbo? I've been to lgbo land maybe 4 times in the last 10 years? Does that make me less lgbo? Many speak of fatherland.

I have never met my father. Does that free me of the obligations of my fathers Ihave lived and I think some would say managed in Nigeria for 9 years, No lgbo. No Yoruba, No Hausa. I don't even speak Pidgin.

But now Im a slave. My colonial masters have
brainwashed me. Okay. l accept. You are all right.
My kids don't know their English names. They are Obi, Kaego and Nnenna.

But they'l regret not learning lgbo? Do we even think anymore? I just wanted to see what the reaction was going to be. 40m+ people speak Igbo. The language is never going to die. Please calm down now.

From 13-17 I spent that time in Owerri. I attended Azara Egbelu Boys and Emmanuel College. Those Igbo brothers (and cousins) basically called me a bastard everyday.

sources; https://maniagist.com/2019/07/30/the-world-wont-shake-from-its-foundations-because-my-children-cant-speak-igbo-iroko-boss-jason-njokuphotos/

Re: My Name Won't Change Because I Cant Speak My Dialect "IROKO BOSS Jason Njoku" by Maniagist1: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
sad
Re: My Name Won't Change Because I Cant Speak My Dialect "IROKO BOSS Jason Njoku" by Bilabong(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
So make we fry bread?

1 Like

Re: My Name Won't Change Because I Cant Speak My Dialect "IROKO BOSS Jason Njoku" by festacman(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2019
Jason Njoku might be a relatively successful entrepreneur but he is CULTURALLY INSENSITIVE and EMOTIONALLY UNINTELLIGENT.

He is a huge disgrace to his Igbo roots for coming out boldly and putting down Igbo language as inferior to the languages of other races. If his children can learn Mandarin, what stops them from learning Igbo. It is OK to prepare his children to excel in the global village square but it is pure madness for him to believe that Igbo race is not integral part of that village. Interestingly, wise Igbo parents in diaspora are buying up Igbo movies and books on Igbo language and culture to help their children learn more about their roots. Unfortunately, one ignorant Igboman here in Lagos is busy denying his children the opportunity to know who they are.

Jason Njoku is simply an EFULEFU.

3 Likes

Re: My Name Won't Change Because I Cant Speak My Dialect "IROKO BOSS Jason Njoku" by Abfinest007(m): 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
mehn
Re: My Name Won't Change Because I Cant Speak My Dialect "IROKO BOSS Jason Njoku" by okeniti: 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
You speak to a man in a language he understands it goes to his head. If you speak to a man in his language it goes to his heart by Nelson Mandela & an Irish man once said the language you speak is how you percieve the world (paraphrasing) is my first response.

Secondly Igbo language brings NUMEROUS monetary gains in business, the arts, media and within development agencies just to name a few.

There is no pro to denying yourself and most importantly your children your ancestral tongue. Yes, the world won't shake but it may in fact bring serious personal world shaking consequences later in life for yourself and children that even money cannot resolve.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Starboy: Wizkid Reveals Who He Is Supporting In Bbnaija House / Moment Tacha Knelt Down To Beg Biggie And Ebuka For Disrespecting Them (VIDEO) / African American Leadership Iconic Promotion Of LGBT New World Order Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.