Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs (2112 Views)

Ps3 Cech 3004b / Can Ps3 With Model Number CECH-3003B Hackable / SOLVED!!!!Need To Hack And Download On PS 3 CECH-3004B Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
Yeah, I know, this is like talking about VW beetle in 2019. That aside, I need help.
My ps3 slim doesn't read any discs. When I insert my disc, absolutely nothing happens on the screen and no error messages. The blue light in front of the disc slot remains on and I can feel the console vibrating nonstop till I press eject.
Note; it accepts and ejects the disc smoothly.
Please, engineers in the house, I need help on the likely cause, so I don't go changing things that are not spoilt.
Thanks in advance.

NOTE Before anyone comes here to call me stupid for not hacking my ps3, this is not about finding a way out. It is about FIXING it.
I already hacked my ps3 and I'm playing the games I have in it. But I just don't like having things that are crippled and walking with support. I love fixing things. As long as there's a solution to making it work again, I'll find it.
Also, I know I'm probably gonna spend more than the cost of a new one, but the new one won't give me the happiness of "I fixed it". It is a joy that only engineers, technicians and ppl still love fixing things will understand.
So if you enjoy fixing things or have similar problem, follow me on this quest.
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by felixdanielthed(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
Macmilla:
Yeah, I know, this is like talking about VW beetle in 2019. That aside, I need help.
My ps3 slim doesn't read any discs. When I insert my disc, absolutely nothing happens on the screen and no error messages. The blue light in front of the disc slot remains on and I can feel the console vibrating nonstop till I press eject.
Note; it accepts and ejects the disc smoothly.
Please, engineers in the house, I need help on the likely cause, so I don't go changing things that are not spoilt.
Thanks in advance.

Wud love to buy it in dat state bro
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
felixdanielthed:

Wud love to buy it in dat state bro
That's a very lovely offer, but no thanks. I never asked for a buyer. All I want is to fix it.
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by crafteck(m): 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Oga, hack and install, enjoy the last dance
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
crafteck:
Oga, hack and install, enjoy the last dance
Sir, I never told you my console is not hacked. If you are ok avoiding your problems instead of solving them, then that is you. I prefer fixing my problems. Thanks for the advice though.
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by crafteck(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
Macmilla:

Sir, I never told you my console is not hacked. If you are ok avoiding your problems instead of solving them, then that is you. I prefer fixing my problems. Thanks for the advice though.

You never disclosed it was hacked either, some problems aren't problems when there are options to get it done easier.... Get a new mechanism and lens since you insist, grab the lvdiag file, run it in fs mode..... ARE YOU ENTERTAINED grin

Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 5:52am On Jul 31, 2019
crafteck:

You never disclosed it was hacked either, some problems aren't problems when there are options to get it done easier.... Get a new mechanism and lens since you insist, grab the lvdiag file, run it in fs mode..... ARE YOU ENTERTAINED grin
Now you are speaking my language.
Essentially, what you are saying is my drive is dead and needs to be changed. Then the new drive has to be remarried (after divorce grin) to the console. Did I get it right?

I was really hoping it was the ribbon cable connecting the drive to the motherboard. Cos it looks sick.
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Ayodeletobby: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2019
JUST ARRIVED ...2 PS4 SLIM 500GB WIT ACCESSORIES ND GAMES INSIDE..90K
D games inside ar
battlefield hardline
Detriot
Formula 1
The crew
Assetto corsa

The second console has dis games...coms wit online account for game nd netflix account to watch movies freely
Assetto corsa
The crew
Formula 1
Devil may cry 5
Drive club

EXTREMELY CLEAN, SEE IS BELIEVING, CALL OR WATSAPP 07063236905

Download games on ur Ps4 nd Ps3 at a token prices.. just call or watsapp me on 07063236905

Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2019
OK, I just noticed the clock symbol circles when a disc is inserted. It does that a couple of times and then stops. But no error messages.
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2019
Any ideas?
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
u still in need of a ps3?
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2019
Fvckmoderators:
u still in need of a ps3?
I already bought one, and I'm not happy with it and the seller. It is the reason why this post is up.
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2019
Hello ppl. Before anyone comes here to call me stupid for not hacking my ps3, this is not about finding a way out. It is about FIXING it.
I already hacked my ps3 and I'm playing the games I have in it. But I just don't like having things that are crippled and walking with support. I love fixing things. As long as there's a solution to making it work again, I'll find it.
Also, I know I'm probably gonna spend more than the cost of a new one, but the new one won't give me the happiness of "I fixed it". It is a joy that only engineers, technicians and ppl still love fixing things will understand.
So if you enjoy fixing things or have similar problem, follow me on this quest.
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2019
So I ordered for a new ribbon cable and it just arrived.
I inserted it and nothing changed. The clock symbol still does its thing when a disc is inserted.

Failed attempt! cry

Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
So I was able to tear the Blu-ray drive apart. I ran a disc in it while it's open. I noticed the red light and the blue light come on. Red light when I put a DVD disc, and blue light when I put a Blu-ray disc. This means the system is working right, but not just getting any info. I cleaned the lenses again and it didn't help.
I'm thinking of getting a new lens, since I can't change the whole Blu-ray drive without the marriage and wedding stuff undecided
Re: Fixing my PS3 Slim Cech-2003a that doesn't read Discs by Macmilla(m): 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2019
So I ordered a new lens and I'm still expecting it. I hope it solves my problem.

(1) (Reply)

Sony's Playstation: A Brief History / Naija Game Evo Roadshow / Who Has Gta V And Stays In Abeokuta? I need you please. Thanks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.