Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School (2066 Views)

Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh: Soludo's Commissioner Goes Back To Secondary School / Nigerian Woman Who Returned To Secondary School After Child Bearing Graduates / Soldier's Wife Returns To Secondary School After Child Bearing In Enugu. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by Foundationchamp(f): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
The minimum secondary school age requirement for the National common entrance examination (NCEE) is ten years. we have students graduating university at 18/19 year old.how is that even possible. secondary school takes 6 years and 4 years minimum for B.Sc in Nigeria
10 + 6+ 4 = 20 years. maybe everyone is schooling abroad. what age do you think a child is matured enough for secondary school especially boarding school.

The age restriction is not limited to public schools. Most private schools have it clearly stated in their admission policies not to admit children less than age 10 or 11 as the case may be. Loyola Jesuit, for instance, stipulates that the pupil must have reached the age of 11 or close to it by resumption of the session. While Day Waterman college clearly states that a child must be 11 years old by the 30th September of the year of admission. A host of other schools like Olashore international school, Nigeria Turkish international school propose age 10 in the year of entry as their age limit.

http://www.foundationchamps.ng/the-best-secondary-school-age/
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
A child that is extremely brilliant may get double promotion in primary school hence at the age of 8 or 9 years he or she can get to JSS 1. Aside that, some kids skips JSS 2 and SS2. It should be noted that not all kids writes national common entrance examination since there many private secondary schools everywhere.
To answer your question, I advice 10 years.
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by Foundationchamp(f): 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
asuustrike1:
A child that is extremely brilliant may get double promotion in primary school hence at the age of 8 or 9 years he or she can get to JSS 1. Aside that, some kids skips JSS 2 and SS2. It should be noted that not all kids writes national common entrance examination since there many private secondary schools everywhere.
To answer your question, I advice 10 years.

even private schools want children age 10 and above, due to maturity issues not necessarily academics.
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by Flapeindustries: 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2019
Profitable business Agro processing in Nigeria. It's of no news anymore that the crude method of farming in Nigeria can no longer meet up with the rising population of the country most especially in a time like this. But most farmers wish to embark on mechanised methods of Farming to meet up with the increased demands of food due to the rising population but prices of importing or buying agro machineries scares most of them. But nevertheless the advantages of using machines for agro processing cannot be over estimated, ranging for increase in productivity, increase in profit, lesser period of time required, little or no work on the sides of the operators and to name a few. Using farm machineries is the best way to enjoy farming in this 21st century. At Flape Industries, specialized fabricators fabricate 21st century agro processing machines required to enhance your farming at very affordable prices making it easier for farmers around the country to enjoy their farming business by reducing stress and increasing profits. Machines ranging from Maize shellers, Maize thresher, Cassava Peelers, Feedmills, Cassava Graters, Mechanical fryers, Multipurpose driers as against using Sun, Pelletizers, Hydraulic pressers, Driving machines, Flash Air dryers and many more. Contact Flape Industries on 08127302384. flapecentury@gmail.com. ....Adding Value to What You Do....
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2019
Foundationchamp:

even private schools want children age 10 and above, due to maturity issues not necessarily academics.
Not all private schools
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by Bruno3000(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
11 or 12. Thank me later.
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by Foundationchamp(f): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
Bruno3000:
11 or 12. Thank me later.

Please! could you state your reasons. some of the people i have spoken with,seems to think the same.
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by Foundationchamp(f): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
the school of choice may not be close by.hence,the boarding school.
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
I would send mine once he/she is 9. So far he is intelligent enough
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by Foundationchamp(f): 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2019
wow. 9 years old, when i thought 10 was young.
Re: What Age Is The Best To Send My Child To Secondary School by pureluck360: 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2019
NATIONAL & STATE COMMON ENTRANCE EXAMINATION PAST QUESTIONS 2009 - 2019

CALL OR WHATSAPP: 09074086576
(SMALL SIZE - N600, BIG - N1200)

At OV BOOKS, we also have great novels (story books) and C.A.T CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT TESTS based on the new curriculum modules for Volume 1(KG) to Basic 6

(1) (Reply)

Secondary School VS Primary School, Which Of Them Is More Profitable / I Moved From Nigeria To Germany �� / 2012/2013 Admissions @ Bells University Of Technology, Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.