Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars (1678 Views)

Ikpeazu: We'll Equip Enyimba Economic City With Uninterrupted Power Supply / The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu) / PDP Caught Spreading Propaganda With Fake Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by EzegeNG: 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
While our leaders are busy looting and squandering on frivolities, Saudi Arabia is set to use $500Billion from their oil money to create a futuristic mega city in their desert.

The Mega City is set to displace Dubai, a city named NEOM will have its own fake moon, flying cars, robot fights, 24/7 survielence Camera and many more features.

Neom sounds like something straight out of a science-fiction novel.

The in-development Saudi Arabian city-state will have robot maids, flying taxis, and glow-in-the-dark sand, according to confidential planning documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. An artificial moon will light up the sky every night, and a Jurassic Park-style island will let visitors mingle with robot dinosaurs.

But also buried in the 2,300 pages of planning documents obtained by the WSJ are plans for the forcible relocation of local tribes, the creation of human gene-editing clinics, and 24/7 government surveillance — meaning this futuristic city may be more like dystopian sci-fi than the fun Jetsons kind.

Since 2017, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, better known as MBS, has been working with teams of consultants to develop his vision for the $500 billion city in the currently barren northwestern corner of Saudi Arabia.

It won’t be desert for long, though — MBS plans to use “cloud seeding” to produce rain over Neom, cooling the city and making fresh produce widely available.

Future citizens not interested in visiting the farmer’s markets will instead be able to make reservations at a Michelin-star restaurant, which Neom aims to have more of per inhabitant than any other place in the world, according to the plans.

As for what else you’ll find in Neom, the WSJ notes plans for world-class schools with hologram teachers, the planet’s best-paying jobs, and glow-in-the-dark sand, because, well, that’s what MBS wants, two people familiar with the project told the WSJ.

“Neom is all about things that are necessarily future-oriented and visionary,” Neom Chief Executive Nadhmi al Nasr told the WSJ. “So we are talking about technology that is cutting edge and beyond — and in some cases still in development and maybe theoretical.”

It’d be easy to get distracted by all the shiny things detailed in the Neom planning documents — but the futuristic city also sounds suspiciously like a totalitarian surveillance state.

“This should be an automated city where we can watch everything,” Neom’s founding board is quoted as saying in the documents, according to the WSJ. “[A city] where a computer can notify crimes without having to report them or where all citizens can be tracked.”

That means while you’re chilling on the glowing beach, daydreaming about your next prix fixe meal, a drone equipped with facial-recognition technology will likely be transmitting your location to Neom’s “1984”-esque law enforcement officials.

While on that beach, you likely won’t see any natives — they’ll have long since been “relocated” — but you might see a higher than expected population of buff people.

That’ll be thanks to all the medical clinics genetically modifying Neom’s citizens to be stronger, not to mention smarter — meaning MBS might not just be planning to create the city of the future, but the humans of it as well.

Watch video of the futuristic city below...

https://zenithnaija.com/saudi-arabia-set-to-create-a-500b-artificial-city-with-fake-moon-flying-cars/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd4

Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by EzegeNG: 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
cry

Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by ceejayMAX(m): 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
HOW I TAKE EVEN END UP FOR NIGERIA SEF? MTCHEW

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by GMbuharii: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
Good.
Saudi zoogeria also plans to create RUGA .
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2019
$500 billion dollars shocked
Western companies are currently smiling.No wonder even donald trump gats to romance with them.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by gaby(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
We are planning a RUGA city here in Nigeria where cows will be at liberty to walk freely with humans, converse and engage in everything humans do on a daily.

I still don't know how much my country has budgeted for this yet, but Saudi dey learn work where we dey...

RUGA city is taking over..

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by smemud(m): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
i tire for naija,if na naija now na worm go swallow that money.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by Daviddson(m): 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
Why has Nigeria not been lucky with the management of resources and sound governance like countries such as Saudi, South Korea, UAE, Singapore, Qatar etc?
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by drips8(m): 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
Saudi Arabia is in year 3019

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by timecapsule: 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
God deal with those that are building TOWER OF BABEL.

Now you want to build your own world and your fellow here want to ANIMAL KINGDOM.

We are watching and waiting.
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by timecapsule: 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
Black is black.
Whoever that sleep with animal reason like animal.

Daviddson:
Why has Nigeria not been lucky with the management of resources and sound governance like countries such as Saudi, South Korea, UAE, Singapore, Qatar etc?
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by Daviddson(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
timecapsule:
Black is black. Whoever that sleep with animal reason like animal.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by earthsync(f): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
WTF is the Giant of Africa doing to make an impact
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by Englov(m): 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by joe4christ(m): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2019
I feel like reincarnating out of Africa. Pls I need to heal from this part of the world!
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by EzegeNG: 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by Flapeindustries: 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
Profitable business Agro processing in Nigeria. It's of no news anymore that the crude method of farming in Nigeria can no longer meet up with the rising population of the country most especially in a time like this. But most farmers wish to embark on mechanised methods of Farming to meet up with the increased demands of food due to the rising population but prices of importing or buying agro machineries scares most of them. But nevertheless the advantages of using machines for agro processing cannot be over estimated, ranging for increase in productivity, increase in profit, lesser period of time required, little or no work on the sides of the operators and to name a few. Using farm machineries is the best way to enjoy farming in this 21st century. At Flape Industries, specialized fabricators fabricate 21st century agro processing machines required to enhance your farming at very affordable prices making it easier for farmers around the country to enjoy their farming business by reducing stress and increasing profits. Machines ranging from Maize shellers, Maize thresher, Cassava Peelers, Feedmills, Cassava Graters, Mechanical fryers, Multipurpose driers as against using Sun, Pelletizers, Hydraulic pressers, Driving machines, Flash Air dryers and many more. Contact Flape Industries on 08127302384. flapecentury@gmail.com. ....Adding Value to What You Do....
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by gurunlocker: 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lol... And in my dear country, a LG chairman is commission a refuse burning house! grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by LegendHero(m): 12:17am On Jul 31, 2019
Saudi Arabia just love blowing money. There are lot of Muslim countries in ruins which they can give aid to but they prefer spending money on irrelevances.
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by johnkey: 2:23am On Aug 01, 2019
Funny enough our useless politicians can do stuffs like this and still loot small but no they will steal all and do nothing meaningful, last last money go rotten inside suckaway pits, underground rooms and geepee tanks where they dey keep their loot, money wey for change life of millions of people, I swear there is an evil spirit behind Nigeria politics that blinds the politicians, stealing billions of billions of naira that they and their family won't even need in their lifetime, like why why why. if I had the power I'll kill all politicians (starting from their useless buhari followed by that stupid yahaya Bello) in this finished country.
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by Ratello: 3:10am On Aug 01, 2019
This is what I call technological advancement with futuristic gains
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by redsun(m): 6:12am On Aug 01, 2019
Even though their women still can't travel on their own without the supervision of men. They've been just been allowed to start driving cars.

First things first, muderfuckers.
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by orisa37: 6:32am On Aug 01, 2019
I am waiting.
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by Flyingngel(m): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2019
If you have the opportunity and privilege of sending your children out of this country, pls do cos Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon.
Re: Saudi Arabia Set To Create A $500b "Artificial" City With Fake Moon, Flying Cars by princemillla(m): 7:18am On Aug 01, 2019
500b usd my calculator just explode. If my head still dey on my neck, that should be roughly11 x Nigeria reserve. It means soudi can jisft negotiate to purchase some country grin

(1) (Reply)

Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors / Why Southwest Are Deceiving Themselves With So-called Amotekun / Madagascar’s COVID-19 Cure Drugs Sent To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.