Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,202 members, 7,953,742 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:33 AM

Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors (1704 Views)

Amaechi Meets South-East Delegates In Imo State, Canvasses For Vote / Buhari Meets South African President, Ramaphosa (Photos, Video) / Buhari, Oshiomole Meets South East Apc Leaders (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by sarrki(m): 7:06pm On Feb 12, 2020
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr Mohammed Adamu, met with governors of the South-East at the Government House, Enugu.

In attendance in the meeting, which started about 10am, are Governors of Abia, Okezie Ikpeazu; Ebonyi, Dave Umahi; Anambra, Willie Obiano; and the host, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State.

The Imo State governor was represented by his deputy, Prof. Placid Njoku.

Also in attendance is the Commissioner of Police in Enugu, Mr Abdulrahaman Ahmad.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the IGP is in the state for the South-East Security Summit holding in Enugu.

READ ALSO: Bandits burn 16 family members to death in Kaduna

NAN further reports that the closed-door meeting was still ongoing, while invited guests including royal fathers, members of the clergy, Ohaneze Ndigbo and security agencies were left at the venue of the event.

However, some of the dignitaries at the event including traditional rulers and the President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Chief John Nwodo, staged a walkout in protest of keeping them waiting without any information.

Prior to the walkout, the Archbishop of Enugu Ecclesiastical Province and Bishop of Enugu Diocese of Anglican Communion, Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma, had addressed the audience.

Chukwuma, in his speech, said that it was unfair for the governors of the zone to treat them with contempt, adding that such would not happen elsewhere.

https://punchng.com/insecurity-ohaneze-president-monarchs-walk-out-as-igp-meets-south-east-govs/
Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by GboyegaD(m): 7:07pm On Feb 12, 2020
It is well. I understand their frustration and truly can't judge their reaction as they have a right to react the best way they could.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by sarrki(m): 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2020
The right and appropriate thing to do

Ohaneze should be firm on protecting there region

The igp and Buhari led government won’t help them

The governors are political and hypocritical in nature

The truth is the only thing Buhari wants is power

Gospel truth

Call me any name

I supported him on the premise of his electioneering campaign promises

Buhari failed me and a lot of well meaning Nigerians that wants real change

4 Likes

Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by sarrki(m): 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2020
GboyegaD:
It is well. I understand their frustration and truly can't judge their reaction as they have a right to react the best way they could.

They did the right thing

They should speak in one voice

The governors are traitors

Ohaneze should stay out of money and patronage politics and they will be respected

4 Likes

Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by Nbote(m): 7:17pm On Feb 12, 2020
Dis is exactly why d East will not b serious about anything... Their bickering will always ruin every plans dey decide to come up with

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:17pm On Feb 12, 2020
Bakassi boys reloaded is on the way...
Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by odave: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2020
We will tell our Darling Daddy/our Darling President about it grin grin grin mad people full NL
Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by sarrki(m): 7:23pm On Feb 12, 2020
Nbote:
Dis is exactly why d East will not b serious about anything... Their bickering will always ruin every plans dey decide to come up with

See reason before concluding

The ohaneze wants same structure as amotekun

The central and the southeast governors wants community policing

Community policing is what we have right now is it working?

2 Likes

Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by sagitariusbaby(m): 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
Igbos naturally don't have respect for the elders. The monarchs and elders did well by walking out

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by johnmartus(m): 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2020
And this is set of people that want to own a new country. Igbos should be thanking both Yoruba and hausa.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by Tobichimezie: 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2020
sagitariusbaby:
Igbos naturally don't have respect for the elders. The monarchs and elders did well by walking out
"Igbos naturally don't have respect for elders"... what a daft thing to say, because you know Igbo culture so well, and you've met every SINGLE Igbo to come to that idiotic conclusion? bros because una dey dobale to greet no mean day na una get respect for elders pass, in Igboland as well in other civilized societies respect is earned, and not just given on the basis of age.

2 Likes

Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by Nbote(m): 7:35pm On Feb 12, 2020
sarrki:

See reason before concluding

The ohaneze wants same structure as amotekun

The central and the southeast governors wants community policing

Community policing is what we have right now is it working?

I dont care what dey both want, dey are supposed to be on d same page or find a common ground to b on d same page... So what has walking out of d meeting achieved for dem

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by sarrki(m): 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2020
Nbote:

I dont care what dey both want, dey are supposed to be on d same page or find a common ground to b on d same page... So what has walking out of d meeting achieved for dem

It’s called protest

Let the people they claimed to represent judge and take their stand

The meeting is to conjure them

The igp , police service commission, the contractors and other people that see the police been in the hands of central will want the meeting frustrated

The ohaneze and the chiefs see their ploy
Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by ccffwx: 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2020
It's a very big lie. No Igbo should believe these renown liars and deceivers. Seriously having headache over Igbo affairs. People now know Yoruba cheap tactics: using lies and propaganda to get things that never last. You are wasting your time shouting 'Igbo' all over the place.

It's not that people don't know your tricks; it's just that they are waiting for the right time. Alabosi! Shioor!
Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by LamidiCownu: 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2020
ccffwx:
It's a very big lie. No Igbo should believe these renown liars and deceivers. Seriously having headache over Igbo affairs. People now know Yoruba cheap tactics: using lies and propaganda to get things that never last. You are wasting your time shouting 'Igbo' all over the place.

It's not that people don't know your tricks; it's just that they are waiting for the right time. Alabosi! Shioor!
See this mumu ...
Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by fyneguy: 11:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
sarrki:
The right and appropriate thing to do

Ohaneze should be firm on protecting there region

The igp and Buhari led government won’t help them

The governors are political and hypocritical in nature

The truth is the only thing Buhari wants is power

Gospel truth

Call me any name

I supported him on the premise of his electioneering campaign promises

Buhari failed me and a lot of well meaning Nigerians that wants real change

I wonder what you are on about. The meeting with the IG was likely to discuss the regional security outfit the Governors also want to start. How you linked Buhari to the walkout leaves much to be desired.
Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by sarrki(m): 12:07am On Feb 13, 2020
fyneguy:

I wonder what you are on about. The meeting with the IG was likely to discuss the regional security outfit the Governors also want to start. How you linked Buhari to the walkout leaves much to be desired.

Tell Buhari to fix the security challenges

The bulk stops on his table
Re: Ohaneze President, Monarchs Walk Out As IGP Meets South-east Governors by fyneguy: 12:40am On Feb 13, 2020
sarrki:

Tell Buhari to fix the security challenges

The bulk stops on his table

Community/State Police will efficiently address this issue. As per Boko Haram, I believe the Airforce has the key to the success. As soon as the US supplies the fighter helicopters Buhari ordered, you will see marked progress. Unfortunately, US will take its time to supply them. Let us hope that Russia will fast-track the alternative supply as promised.

(1) (Reply)

APC Supporters Barricade House Of Justice Mary Odili (Photo, Video) / Nigeria’s Foreign Debt Was $7 Billion In 2015. It Is $25 Billion Now. / Even CJN Can't Properly Spell Covid-19.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.