Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,859 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

“My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki (51132 Views)

Precious Owolabi Leaves Mortuary, Corpers Carry His Coffin (Photos) / NYSC Mourns Owolabi Precious Ayo On Facebook / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Abuharib(m): 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
A National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member identified as Oraeki Chijioke, serving in Ogun State has expressed distress over the wrong use of his picture as that of Precious Owolabi who was killed during a Shiite protest in Abuja, Fox Meek reports.

Mr Owolabi, serving with Channels Television, died from gunshot wound sustained from a stray bullet when members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) clashed with policemen in Abuja last week.

He has since been buried.

Some media organisations have however been using the picture of Oraeki Chijioke, serving in Agbara, Ogun State as that of the deceased.

Left: Oraeki Chijioke....... Right: Precious Owolabi

Chijioke, in a statement made available to Fox Meek commiserated with the family of the late corps member but said the wrong use of his image should be put to stop.

Because of the wrong use of his picture, the young man said: “I have had to deal with streams of calls coming in from the early hours of Tuesday, 22nd July (sic), 2019 to this moment.”

Referring to a particular publication, Chijioke said, “I will appreciate an apology and retraction in requisite measure that the picture was used as soon as possible.”

He added that the picture wrongly used was cropped from one in which he appeared with two other NYSC members.

“I will appreciate if editors of concerned media houses could review the posts and publications by editing out my picture and better still bring it down when such update is made soonest.

“Please I am not the demised!

‘I am alive!

“Thanks for prompt response,” the statement concluded.

Source; https://foxmeek.com/news/my-picture-wrongly-published-as-precious-owolabi-nysc-member-cries-out

2 Likes

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Officer4: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Symptoms of very poor journalism

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by aanuoluwami14(f): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Jessyjack(f): 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
na wa oooo ��.... what an error! as mad as Kemi is, she can't make such an error that vanguard and other media houses make..... they now depend on bloggers for info.....

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by simonlee(m): 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
Jessyjack:
na wa oooo ��.... what an error! as mad as Kemi is, she can't make such an error that vanguard and other media houses make..... they now depend on bloggers for info.....
why will you drag kemi's madness into this?

78 Likes

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by 9jabull: 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
Its a shame that channels don't know who the employed or work or serving with them, Nigeria journalist are copy & past journalist.
Investigative journalism is a taboo for them.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Earlystar698(m): 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
Kami stupidity cannot do this

3 Likes

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by AbuuBilaal(m): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
Yet some still believe them like scripture revealed from heaven.

Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by NwaAmaikpe: 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
shocked

He also wants an apology.
Apology for what biko?

Why are Nigerians always extortive of situations?
The next thing, he'd threaten to sue for damages.

He should be grateful that the media houses have made him famous and posterity will never forget that he ever served.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by DameB(f): 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
Poor boy doesn't want to die before his time grin

Tribalists where unu dey?

1 Like

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Abeyjide: 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
Work of yeye blogger
Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by landforeast(m): 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
This disclaimer should have emerged from channels. Poor Journalism
Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by snipernigga(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
Two of you resemble Wella, if you near Abuja they will shoot you join

4 Likes

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by sewuun(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
You are a fool for bringing Aunty Kemi into this, see the person that is sane. trying to be funny or what.
Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by soberdrunk(m): 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
angry
Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Ritaokafor(f): 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
Sorry guy, it surely hurts getting calls to ask if you are dead when you are alive. Abi dead man dey answer call? 9ja na wa!

1 Like

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Cyberfemtex(m): 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
What an Opportunity.
You could yave sued them

1 Like

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by robosky02(m): 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
Jouirnalist be like

Corper na corper

Put the picture sell the new grin

11 Likes

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by yomalex(m): 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
A blight on journalism in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
It is high time they started arresting and sueing all these nuisance bloggers looking for traffic and quick money.
The other time a Doctor in Lagos jumped over the 3rd mainland bridge, LIB uploaded the pictures of a Nurse in Port Harcourt (even with different surnames) all in the name of ace blogger and traffic.
What happens to their aged or hypertensive parents? A pregnant wife? A sick relative? Their business partners? It is non of their business.
If you find out very well, it was uploaded by LIB claiming ace blogger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ritaokafor:
Sorry guy, it surely hurts getting calls to ask if you are dead when you are alive. Abi dead man dey answer call? 9ja na wa!

Another person can answer the call, so they need to confirm his voice.

1 Like

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by robosky02(m): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lugasmobile:
Nah wa o, Naija my country.

Meanwhile I sell affordable UK Used phones, with free accessories. Interested? Call 08158480083

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Jarus(m): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
I was surprised when I saw it. That picture doesnt look like a Yoruba's. It cannot be for an Owolabi.

4 Likes

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by Biggcake: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by tstx(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Naija Journalists
Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by point5: 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Kai Nija bloggers..I tire 4 una oo
Re: “My Picture Wrongly Published As Precious Owolabi” — Corper Chijioke Oraeki by ALWAYSINMONEY: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
Not funny tho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC / NYSC Camp COVID-19 Test Video Goes Viral / Why Do Male Corpers Like Sleeping With Their Female Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.