Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane (20039 Views)

Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly / Chelsea Celebrate Their Europa League Final Win In Dressing Room (Photos, Video) / Onyekuru Hat-trick Helps Galatasaray Secure Biggest Win In 32 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by gurunlocker: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2019
It's sad this man came back to disgrace himself.... Arrogance don enter him...

As usual, they will finish 3rd in la liga and won't smell any other trophy.

2 Likes

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by lordlugards: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2019
Jubileeg45:
Tottenham beat Real Madrid 1-0 in Munich as the Audi Cup got underway on Tuesday afternoon.

Zinedine Zidane's side failed to bounce back from an embarrassing 7-3 defeat to local rivals Atletico Madrid, going down to Harry Kane's winner midway through the first half.

Madrid have looked out of sorts throughout the pre-season campaign, and although they were slightly sharper than their last outing, concerns over their readiness for the new season will continue to circulate.

Here are five things we learned from Real Madrid third pre-season loss.

Real Madrid not the real

Real just do not look like Real. Aside from short bursts, they were seen off by Tottenham, who admittedly have more miles in their legs.

One minute Luka Modric was blasting shots wide, the next Karim Benzema was missing an open goal. Harry Kane’s opener came after a defensive cock-up from Marcelo and he should have doubled the lead following yet another error by the same man.

Yes, it is pre-season. Yes, there will be rust, but this was next level shoddiness from a club we expect more from. Zinedine Zidane has work on his hands. At least Sergio Ramos picked up a yellow card.

Real Madrid need to gather momentum quickly

Real's only pre-season win so far came against Arsenal via a penalty shootout. Aside from that they have lost to Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid (in humiliating fashion) and Tottenham, sides they could come up against in the Champions League this season.

Arguably more concerning than the pre-season results, which in truth are rather unimportant, has been the lack of energy on show amid the Madrid players. Particularly in the first half, Spurs had far more zip about them. It was as if the Londoners had played more warm-up games than their opponent when in fact they've had fewer.

Zidane's men picked up the pace after the break but there is still a sense of worry going into the La Liga curtain-raiser. Madrid need to gather momentum quickly before the campaign begins or they risk starting slowly and losing ground on title rivals Barcelona at a dangerously early stage.

Hazard shows promise but goals will be expected

Still getting used to his new surroundings, Eden Hazard can be excused for not hitting the ground running in a Madrid shirt. The Belgian showed signs of promise against one of his old adversaries, typically finding space for a couple of shots with some fine shimmying but failing to find the net.

He came closest to scoring in the second half, evading his markers and getting to a second ball first but seeing a low shot blocked by Spurs youngster Japhet Tanganga. The Real Madrid fans will be hoping Hazard finds his clinical edge sooner rather than later.

Having hit the 20-goal mark for the first time last season, Hazard will be expected to be one of Real's main goal sources this term, which puts extra pressure on the 28-year-old's shoulders. It will intriguing to see how he deals with it.

Source;http://www.yabageek.com/2019/07/still-no-win-in-pre-season-real-madrid.html

He reaped on the character Jose mohrinho build on the team. He taught he was the one winning those thruphies. Let him build his own team let's see.

2 Likes

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Jarus(m): 9:58am On Jul 31, 2019
Kneephy:
Always leave and never come back when the ovation is loudest
Exactly why I supported Ighalo's decision to quit after AFCON.

1 Like

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Naughtytboy: 9:58am On Jul 31, 2019
Leonbonapart:
Please I am searching for the title of one song by MI Ababa.
Part of the lyrics he said: "first in High school they call us Alleluja kids"

Another part: "I struggle with my grades but on stage I will shine"

Thanks in advance
fire boy ft m. I hallelujah search Google
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Damiflow: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2019
grin
sexiestharam:
Hazard will regret leaving Chelsea. He had a chance to write his name in our history books like Lampard and Drogba but chose Real. Spanish fans are not patient. I see Hazard moving to Valencia in the next 2 years. tongue
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by fergie001: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2019
horlique:

Should never have returned.. C.Ronaldo made you win all those trophies.. you thought you were a magician.. make season start. grin grin grin trust Madrid..by December if he fails they will look for mourinho
You sabi something.....

Just yesterday, Mou changed all his backroom staff, saying he is preparing for management.....

Zidane made the gravest error coming back...

As a player, he was very intelligent, knew when to leave..
As a Coach, same...
I don't know where this latest foolishness emanated from?

2 Likes

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by godwinony(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2019
Make that team no spoil my Hazard reputation o.. angry
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by rozayx5(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2019
early days sha

but zidane took a big gamble coming back

1 Like

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by tck2000(m): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2019
Last two season when Real Madrid were in 15/16th position,people were saying Zidane would be sacked bla bla bla...At the end what happened??....He won the champions league impressively..So just chill.
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by fykes(m): 10:11am On Jul 31, 2019
Leonbonapart:

Thanks in advance
Google d lyrics
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Angelfrost(m): 10:12am On Jul 31, 2019
The United job would have been up his alley... Going back to Madrid with all the drama lined up was unwise and poorly thought out... This is what happens when one takes personal hype too seriously.

Well, what's done is done... I wish him the best. That defense with Ramos and Marcelo will be his greatest undoing.

They should better let him go now, while Allegri is yet available.
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by abdulahiMusa: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2019
Someone said in this forum after Zidane was brought back to Madrid that Perez will prefare to personally sack Zidane than for Zidane to resign.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by tommenoh(m): 10:14am On Jul 31, 2019
Leonbonapart:

Thanks in advance
Unstoppable", I know
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by mvem(m): 10:14am On Jul 31, 2019
Jokerman:

With 3 UCLs?? Tell us any coach in the world that can do this.... Even your best ever coach Guardiola couldn't do this
ancelotti and Bob paisley has 3 with zidane
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Frankiss44(m): 10:16am On Jul 31, 2019
Jokerman:

With 3 UCLs?? Tell us any coach in the world that can do this.... Even your best ever coach Guardiola couldn't do this

He inherited a very solid team with virtually everybody at their prime, same thing happened to Pep that was why he won the Champions League twice at barca before he went for a new challenge.. Zindane is just an average coach, he doesn't even read game properly like Pep.. I see him finishing this season 3rd and best bet is Q-finals in the Champions League

3 Likes

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Unrated900(m): 10:17am On Jul 31, 2019
Beverlyjean:
It's true that great players made most great coaches... If not for Ronaldo, Zidane wunt b considered as a great coach...the effect of a great player

Woman wey sabiiii football I greet you pass

You must be from the eastern part or Warri

Cos the Yoruba lady don’t like ball

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Kingosytex(m): 10:22am On Jul 31, 2019
Jokerman:

As long as there is no Messi, fraudiola will remain a local champion. simeone, klopp and pochettino are far ahead of fraudiola

1 Like

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by holuphisayor(m): 10:22am On Jul 31, 2019
Zidane got carried away in his thoughts of being a GOAT.
Lmao the real GOAT left real Madrid for juventus and the team have never been the same. grin

Interesting to see how zidane will handle those questions by the media till he gets sacked.
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by StellarThesis: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2019
Sonfethopia:

Relax. Mourhino built the madrid team. Then anceloti made them a force. Zidane came inherited a good team and luck came. Now his yansh has been exposed.

If e like make he buy all the players. He has no tactics. Someone who prefers to play lucas vasques over good players.

Madrid prosperity was because of the hungry ronaldo.

Now see d effect.

3 UCL titles and you call that luck? I've never seen a more biased opinion. BTW, if luck was a fruit, jessi would have plucked some
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Elkiko(m): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2019
Too early to judge but the signs are not good... Even Perez looks like he doesn't trust Zidane anymore... That why he cancelled the Bale China �� deal �...
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Sonfethopia: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2019
StellarThesis:

3 UCL titles and you call that luck? I've never seen a more biased opinion. BTW, if luck was a fruit, jessi would have plucked some

Like i said he inherited a team built by mourhino. Madrid players were too good and everyone at peak. He made no difference.
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 31, 2019
Watch out for Real Madrid when the 'show' begins proper! Forget about their pre-season performance. As a matter of fact, as a fan, I'm worried that Man U is winning all its pre-season matches.
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Elkiko(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2019
Kingosytex:

As long as there is no Messi, fraudiola will remain a local champion. simeone, klopp and pochettino are far ahead of fraudiola

Pep Guardiola and Mourinho are money � managers... Without money they can't do nothing... But with these you called, they are actually better than Pep n Mourinho... But trophies is all that counts
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by MDBoss(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2019
Ronaldo... That name alone can solve their problem

2 Likes

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by kleverley(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2019
Sergio Ramos shey u see where gira-gira has landed you?
you were challenging the G O A T Ronaldo that he wouldn't be missed, now u see the Ronaldo effect?

3 Likes

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Elkiko(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2019
Ubong005:
Watch out for Real Madrid when the 'show' begins proper! Forget about their pre-season performance. As a matter of fact, as a fan, I'm worried that Man U is winning all its pre-season matches.

No he lie... Let the real business start then we go who be who...

1 Like

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Leonbonapart(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2019
Naughtytboy:
fire boy ft m. I hallelujah search Google
Bro they never even featured each other. No trace both on Google and YouTube
Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Kingosytex(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2019
abdulahiMusa:
Someone said in this forum after Zidane was brought back to Madrid that Perez will prefare to personally sack Zidane than for Zidane to resign.

Yes I did, and let me say it again. Zidane was so smart to escape Perez's sacking that was why Perez re-appointed him in order to sack him properly

3 Likes

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Leonbonapart(m): 10:39am On Jul 31, 2019
tommenoh:

Unstoppable", I know
thanks bro, hv found it

To me is one of the best song ever written

1 Like

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by Samyj247: 10:39am On Jul 31, 2019
Jokerman:

which three champions lg. it was Ronaldo that gave Madrid the 3 straight champions lg but their pride and arrogance made him to leave. See what they are facing now.

2 Likes

Re: Still NO Win In Pre-season, Real Madrid Can't Find Right Direction Under Zidane by olinx123(m): 10:41am On Jul 31, 2019
Aveg madrid send my hazard back to chelsea if you dont know how to use him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Esther Oyema Breaks World Record In Women's Lightweight At #GC2018 - Pictures / Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst / Aubameyang Signs A New 3-Year Deal With Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.