Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) (3673 Views)

Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea / Nigerian Stowaways Filmed Hiding In A Europe-Bound Ship On The Sea (Pics/Video) / Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:01am On Jul 31, 2019
The kingdom has sunk 19 pieces of decommissioned military hardware off its Red Sea coast 92 feet down.

Sunken tanks, a troop carrier and a submerged helicopter.

Jordan has opened its first underwater military museum off its Red Sea coast.

The kingdom is hoping the 19 decommissioned pieces of military hardware, submerged at depths of up to 28 metres (92 feet), will attract tourists to the already popular diving resort of Aqaba.

The Underwater Military Museum Dive Site includes several tanks, an ambulance, a military crane, a troop carrier, an anti-aircraft battery, guns and a combat helicopter, the Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (Aseza) said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-7281015/amp/Fish-tanks-Jordan-sinks-military-hardware-underwater-museum.html

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:01am On Jul 31, 2019
The museum aims to offer a 'new type' of experience combining 'sports, environment and exhibits' for divers, snorkelers and visitors on glass-bottomed boats, it said.

1 Like

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:01am On Jul 31, 2019
A Jordanian Armed Forces' tracked medical vehicle, which is part of the museum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:02am On Jul 31, 2019
Aseza said it had removed 'hazardous materials' from the hardware to protect the marine ecosystem.

It said the museum would allow the creation of artificial reefs and promote the recovery of the area's natural reefs by 'drawing visitors away to an alternative site'.

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:03am On Jul 31, 2019
Last month, a Boeing 747 was submerged to a depth of 20 metres (65.6 feet) to form part of the world's biggest underwater theme park, in Bahrain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:04am On Jul 31, 2019
Last month in Turkey, engineers also sank an Airbus A330 in the Gulf of Saros for diving attraction and an artificial reef.

1 Like

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by GOFRONT(m): 6:07am On Jul 31, 2019
grin

Na wao.....Space don finish for Earth surface??

The Moto no go rust??

6 Likes

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by opomulero101(m): 6:08am On Jul 31, 2019
Wow very innovative, if nah naija trust our aboki(metal scrap) bola dem Food don land be dat.

4 Likes

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by uche393: 6:28am On Jul 31, 2019
Nawa oh, dem for dash naija those ones make we change the engine, we are still fighting insurgency grin

1 Like

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by CaptainStephen(m): 6:31am On Jul 31, 2019
uche393:
Nawa oh, dem for dash naija army those ones since naija and scrab na 5 & 6 grin
A fool makes ignorant comments.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by vastolord4(m): 6:32am On Jul 31, 2019
See how to generate income... I must not be and African in my next life.. never
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Oche211(m): 6:50am On Jul 31, 2019
Very good
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Oceannaagent: 6:53am On Jul 31, 2019
Interesting
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by DAramis: 7:09am On Jul 31, 2019
Interesting

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by ednut1(m): 7:25am On Jul 31, 2019
All muslim nations o. Later dem go blame islam for northern nigeria wahala
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 31, 2019
Explorers:

It said the museum would allow the creation of artificial reefs and promote the recovery of the area's natural reefs by 'drawing visitors away to an alternative site'.

I knew this was part of the idea when I first saw this... I wasn't disappointed. Fastest way to promote coral reef recovery. Some countries or organizations even make use of decommissioned warships. Watched so many documentaries about this on Discovery World back then.

1 Like

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 31, 2019
vastolord4:
See how to generate income... I must not be and African in my next life.. never

We don't really want your self-loathing likes on this continent either. You never see a positive side to this continent and this country is full of your ilk and that is part of the reason we'll never move ahead. No self-belief whatsoever!

Now, tell me what the big deal is about a country sinking a few decommissioned derelict military hardware that has gotten you so overly awed?

Are you even aware what other African countries do to promote tourism or generate income? You are just limited to your small corner. Jordan is just trying to join the tourism bandwagon. That is why they are doing this. It's nothing special. Really.

But hey, you are still free to keep your "I hate being African mentality" if it helps you get over your malaria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 31, 2019
GOFRONT:
grin

Na wao.....Space don finish for Earth surface??

The Moto no go rust??

It is better left there{beneath the sea} than here on land where it will only occupy space and rust away. The environment needs it to encourage the growth of coral reefs. In the coming years, the fishes and sundry organisms in the Red Sea will thank them for it as it will enable them thrive properly. It will also be of immense benefit for the Jordanian tourism industry. Tourists pay big-bucks to dive below the sea to see just coral reefs and the creatures that live around them.

So, why keep the damn thing on land?

2 Likes

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Harlem2(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2019
See clean water
Nice one
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by qualityovenbake(m): 10:15am On Jul 31, 2019
Tourism.
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Goahead(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2019
Trust me, the Israeli navy will dive in to lace those hardwares with bombs just to make sure hezbollah and its affiliates don't retrieve and refurbish them.
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Naijazure: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2019
Nice one there...

Everyone's sinking something

Me be waiting to see what naija will sink...

Maybe #RUGA
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by tck2000(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2019
Explorer always giving the fans excellent articles not like Autojosh that has turn himself into a lagos/political tool not posting awesome cars again.
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by cassidy1996(m): 10:58am On Jul 31, 2019
museum is history, I love history
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by boss1310(m): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2019
they should be sending it here for us to use and make our country their museum
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by ITbomb(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2019
See correct metal, even under water they are still durable.
Our own, just rain water, the metal don bend

I won't be surprised in 2030, one blogger would dig up the photos and tag it crash site

2 Likes

Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by vastolord4(m): 11:43am On Jul 31, 2019
mansakhalifa:

We don't really want your self-loathing likes on this continent either. You never see a positive side to this continent and this country is full of your ilk and that is part of the reason we'll never move ahead. No self-belief whatsoever!

Now, tell me what the big deal is about a country sinking a few decommissioned derelict military hardware that has gotten you so overly awed?

Are you even aware what other African countries do to promote tourism or generate income? You are just limited to your small corner. Jordan is just trying to join the tourism bandwagon. That is why they are doing this. It's nothing special. Really.

But hey, you are still free to keep your "I hate being African mentality" if it helps you get over your malaria.

Pee on yourself.. I never mentioned you! Stay in your lane***
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Wisedove(m): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2019
grin
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by dfrost: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2019
Goahead:
Trust me, the Israeli navy will dive in to lace those hardwares with bombs just to make sure hezbollah and its affiliates don't retrieve and refurbish them.

Omo dey kain conspiracy theories wey dey head eeeeeeh... cheesy grin

Na wa oOo...
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2019
EXPLORERS my guy! grin

It can only be a museum because the waters are sparkling clear.

This can't happen in African waters that are mostly polluted from here all the way to Moroccan waters undecided undecided
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Obaino2013(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2019
This is beautiful.

They sank guns too
Hope there is security there?
Re: Underwater Military Museum: Jordan Sinks Tanks, Helicopter In The Red Sea(Pics) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Can You Relocate To Nigeria With $30,000? / Please I Need Advice About Samoa? / Qatar Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.