Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! (123759 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Dammie0904: 8:37pm On May 16, 2020
Ba3 Kaplan full text +Mock..check very well. It's on it

dayjeee:
can you pls tell me the title of the folder... been searching for it since and i cant find it
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Agbeni33: 10:12am On May 17, 2020
dayjeee:
you wrote online?

Yea
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Agbeni33: 10:16am On May 17, 2020
khattab008:

Did you get your provisional result upon submission?

The result report is supposed to take between 24-48 hrs to be available. It'll probably be ready tomorrow, if it's not you can reach out to CIMA for clarification.

Yes. I got the provisional result upon submission. Where they wrote PASSED without any score.

I later saw my score the following day on my profile.

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by dayjeee(m): 1:08pm On May 17, 2020
Dammie0904:
Ba3 Kaplan full text +Mock..check very well. It's on it

thank you so much
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by dayjeee(m): 1:09pm On May 17, 2020
Agbeni33:

Yea
how was it?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by khattab008: 1:15pm On May 17, 2020
Agbeni33:

Yes. I got the provisional result upon submission. Where they wrote PASSED without any score.

I later saw my score the following day on my profile.

Congrats. Kindly share your exam experience please.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Omotoyosi24(f): 1:02pm On May 18, 2020
Hello house,
Can anyone kindly help me with BA3 Kaplan practice questions?.
It is not in the folder provided.
Thank you.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Annettevoke(f): 1:26pm On May 18, 2020
HELLO HOUSE,

Now that WES is not accepting mailed documents, how do we go about evaluating CIMA?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Dammie0904: 1:46pm On May 19, 2020
It's on the drive, check very well..Ba3 Kaplan full text +Mock(practice questions)

Omotoyosi24:
Hello house,
Thank you.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Agbeni33: 2:52pm On May 19, 2020
Omotoyosi24:
Hello house,
Thank you.

Check it very well. I used it this morning.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Omotoyosi24(f): 7:35pm On May 19, 2020
Agbeni33:

Check it very well. I used it this morning.

Seen, Thank you.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by damsel143: 9:33pm On May 20, 2020
Please can I get the telegram group link for acca ?
Dammie0904:
If you are on telegram, i could add you to a group to get all the information you need on acca.. if you have only bsc yes but incase you already have ond and hnd, there's no need to take the course

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Annettevoke(f): 5:22pm On May 21, 2020
Hello everyone, pls the elders below we need your valuable experience, you guys have been quite.
Pls, share your experience so far with your CIMA evaluation. We need current updates for those who have concluded their evaluation,

1.were u able to evaluate without a certificate?

2. Do u need to send in your transcript immediately or wait to receieve certificate first?

@spongebobsquare
@subalinga
@jadel03
@dexterousone
@Villagersofmen
And all, Kindly assist u
Thanks
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Dammie0904: 5:47pm On May 21, 2020
Sure, dm me

damsel143:
Please can I get the telegram group link for acca ?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Jadel03: 6:13pm On May 21, 2020
Good Evening ma'am, please find appropraite responses to your enquiry below:

1) My evaluation was put on hold till they received my certificate. I had to use hellofax to fax to WES.

2) You can request that CIMA sends your transcript to WES and then once your certificate is ready you can fax.

Please note, I had a friend that we did CIMA together, infact what happened was WES went ahead to conclude on his evelauation without receipt of his CIMA certificate ( I don't know what they were thinking plus WES can act funny sometimes.......lol) and guess what? The evaluation was not positive. The long and short of what I am saying is you would not get a positive evaluation if they don't get your CIMA certificate.

Hello everyone, pls the elders below we need your valuable experience, you guys have been quite.
Pls, share your experience so far with your CIMA evaluation. We need current updates for those who have concluded their evaluation,

1.were u able to evaluate without a certificate?

2. Do u need to send in your transcript immediately or wait to receieve certificate first?

@spongebobsquare
@subalinga
@jadel03
@dexterousone
@Villagersofmen
And all, Kindly assist u
Thanks

[/quote]
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by damsel143: 9:15am On May 22, 2020
I just sent an email now.

Dammie0904:
Sure, dm me

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by TheCapitalBand(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2020
Hello everyone, I need some advice please.

The name on MY CIMA account doesn’t have my middle name but my passport, which is my identification for the online test does.

The exams scheduling page said that names must match exactly, otherwise a candidate will not be allowed to write. I’ve searched the entire Cima global website for an edit option to no avail.

I contacted the Nigerian, Uk and twitter page of Cima but no response. Should I go ahead and Book my exams since it’s just a middle name difference?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Dammie0904: 6:45pm On May 22, 2020
Cima doesn't accept more than two names, so once the two names are showing on your passport, you are good!

TheCapitalBand:

The name on MY CIMA account doesn’t have my middle name but my passport, which is my identification for the online test does.

The exams scheduling page said that names must match exactly, otherwise a candidate will not be allowed to write. I’ve searched the entire Cima global website for an edit option to no avail.

I contacted the Nigerian, Uk and twitter page of Cima but no response. Should I go ahead and Book my exams since it’s just a middle name difference?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Jadel03: 7:31pm On May 22, 2020
Dammie0904:
Cima doesn't accept more than two names, so once the two names are showing on your passport, you are good!

Please clarify what you mean by CIMA does not accept more than two names.

My certificate carried my First name, Middle name and Surname

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by TheCapitalBand(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2020
Ah! Thank you so much!

Dammie0904:

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Dammie0904: 10:05pm On May 22, 2020
For your cima registration, you input ur first,middle and last name but with or without the middle name you can complete your registration, so the most important is the first and last name which you see a * infront of when registering as a sign of importance.when you log into your cima account, you only see two names on ur account ( first and last name) that's where the "cima only accepts two names" comes in. Not from the initial registration stage

So you get to see your three names on your certificate if you registered with your three names from the initial registration and if you registered with two names, two names comes out on your certificate.

It's better to use three names when registering so as to not cause confusion!

Jadel03:

Please clarify what you mean by CIMA does not accept more than two names.

My certificate carried my First name, Middle name and Surname

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Didicol: 10:24am On May 23, 2020
TheCapitalBand:

Send an email.. so you can you their response as backup
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by strive2learn: 4:30pm On May 23, 2020
Just passed all the papers... Thanks so much for writing this @bozz007 . I literally opened your post on a separate tab as my playbook. Took 2 weeks prep in March for BA1 and BA3 and another 2 weeks in May for BA4 and BA2 (online). I do have an accounting background though and used Astranti for the four papers.

Do practice Kaplan questions before each exam and pay attention to each section's syllabus percentage.

Will be following the remaining steps for WES evaluation too.

I wonder if CIMA can send WES the transcript and letter of good standing through email? Someone once complained of the courier option due to WES COVID-19 restrictions.

bozz007:
VERY LONG POST ALERT!!! Just to share my experience, encourage and educate people....I finished my CIMA BAs recently (very basic accounting background).

Total time to finish all papers: Just over 3 months and below is my timeline:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Dammie0904: 7:21pm On May 23, 2020
So you only used two weeks for each papers?? That's cool. You are giving the ginger I need

strive2learn:
Just passed all the papers... Thanks so much for writing this @bozz007 . I literally opened your post on a separate tab as my playbook. Took 2 weeks prep in March for BA1 and BA3 and another 2 weeks in May for BA4 and BA2 (online). I do have an accounting background though and used Astranti for the four papers.

Do practice Kaplan questions before each exam and pay attention to each section's syllabus percentage.

I wonder if CIMA can send WES the transcript and letter of good standing through email? Someone once complained of the courier option due to WES COVID-19 restrictions.

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by TheCapitalBand(m): 4:50pm On May 24, 2020
Thanks. The Nigerian office replied, I had to scan my passport and send my CIMA contact ID. They’ll initiate the name change themselves.
So others please take note, make such you register with your name exactly as it is on your Means of identification.

Didicol:

Send an email.. so you can you their response as backup
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by ghost3040: 6:15pm On May 24, 2020
Subalinga:
Hello fam,

I need Kaplan ACCA material (SBR, SBL, APM, AFM and AAA).

Please share if you have.

Thanks

Send a PM.

But I also need some clarifications from you..I've been seeing ur comments.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by ghost3040: 6:55pm On May 24, 2020
Hello everyone.
I'm new to this thread and the whole immigration stuff, but I'm desperately on my toes to migrate.

BACKGROUND:
Bsc Accounting, ACA, ACCA, MBA(in professional accounting) from London Business School using my ACCA pathway.

So I'm considering taking this CIMA route since I stumbled on this thread.

QUESTIONS:

1. What are my chances(points) claimable considering my current qualifications.(Note; I claimed exemptions on my ACCA using my ACA, so I wrote four(4) papers...Strategic professional level.

2. Is my MBA valid?? Since its through ACCA gateway.

3. Is there an MRA for conversion of ACCA to CPA?

4. I've seen comments on writing just ba1 to ba4 in CIMA, but from the course content, there are 16 papers..please I need clarification on this.

5. What's the cost like (rough estimate) to complete everything on CIMA (All things being equal)..

Thanks
Cc:
Dexterousone
Ednut1
Subalinga
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by ednut1(m): 7:09pm On May 24, 2020
ghost3040:
Hello everyone.
I'm new to this thread and the whole immigration stuff, but I'm desperately on my toes to migrate.

BACKGROUND:
Bsc Accounting, ACA, ACCA, MBA(in professional accounting) from London Business School using my ACCA pathway.

So I'm considering taking this CIMA route since I stumbled on this thread.

QUESTIONS:

1. What are my chances(points) claimable considering my current qualifications.(Note; I claimed exemptions on my ACCA using my ACA, so I wrote four(4) papers...Strategic professional level.

2. Is my MBA valid?? Since its through ACCA gateway.

3. Is there an MRA for conversion of ACCA to CPA?

4. I've seen comments on writing just ba1 to ba4 in CIMA, but from the course content, there are 16 papers..please I need clarification on this.

5. What's the cost like (rough estimate) to complete everything on CIMA (All things being equal)..

Thanks
Cc:
Dexterousone
Ednut1
Subalinga
Bsc plus acca is valid for evaluation by WES which is 2 or more degrees.
For the masters i am not very sure but you can try. Wes evaluated Oxford brookes acca so your masters should work. Acca to cpa mra will be reviewed and old mra terminated effective April 2021.new mra expected this year
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by ghost3040: 7:18pm On May 24, 2020
ednut1:

Bsc plus acca is valid for evaluation by WES which is 2 or more degrees.
For the masters i am not very sure but you can try. Wes evaluated Oxford brookes acca so your masters should work. Acca to cpa mra will be reviewed and old mra terminated effective April 2021.new mra expected this year

Thanks for the prompt response.

So is the ACCA valid for evaluation considering I claimed exemptions?? As opposed to comments I've seen on this thread about no evaluation for qualifications with exemptions.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bozz007(m): 12:50pm On May 25, 2020
strive2learn:

Congratulations. You can call them to ask. Cheers
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bozz007(m): 12:53pm On May 25, 2020
ujesta:
Hi, please can i get your number? I need to clarify stuff about the DHL pick up from CIMA. Thank you.

Just seeing this. Have you gotten the information? You can reach me on zero 7 zero 3 two 7 five 7 eight 1 eight
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Joshmuch: 8:14pm On May 26, 2020
strive2learn:

congrats man

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (44) (Reply)

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.