Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! (983 Views)

Latest Collaboration With Star Boi Whizkid / Da-whizkid's First Freestyle Of The Year; Whats Your Take? / Da-whizkid's New Freestyle; Help Me Improve. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by dawhizkid1(m): 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2010
Like a few peeps know, Ur boy's working on a Mixtape which should be out sumtime in November this year. I posted a track of the Mixtape last week, n it peeps round here kinda liked it.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-525776.0.html
Thanks to Everybody who commented on it. . . . Ur boy's Loyal.
Here's the Link to A Freestyle on Knighthouse's Finest(Won Beri) Beat.
http:///fZRzi
Download, listen, Review, Comment and Criticize. Support your Boy. And like i always say, Y'all shoulp Help me Improve. Thanks
http:///fZRzi
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by dawhizkid1(m): 12:23am On Oct 19, 2010
Ahn Ahn, Nairalanders, no comment since, abi una no dey feel am? grin
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2010
I saw this thread immediately it was posted and it's sad no one has posted a comment since then. Ok, make I pity u drop comment grin

Hmmm. . .I didn't particularly feel the reggae-esque intro but I liked the main chorus & the rap. The lyrical content, rhymes and play on words were okay too. This was nice IMO:

I'm so fly the sun is my neighbour
And that's why my bars turn your flow into vapour

I get the above part. . .it means u're v.good/hot but in the same breadth you contradict this claim & refer to yourself as a failure (with emphasis)? WHY? or is there something I'm missing? ONE SHOULD NEVER SACRIFICE MAKING SENSE FOR RHYMING O. I also liked the way u likened your "imaginary opponent(s)" to a weakling(s) with the play on the words - cottage, yam, porridge, barn & storage. Powerful imagery u conjured in my mind there, and something I can definitely relate with. .Brilliant!

However, your "audibility" dropped a "wee" bit in comparison to flyer than the rest. .probably becos you didn't chew kolanut and lick enough tom-tom & vicks before hitting the studio to record this time grin .

I also feel u didn't ride the beat as well as u did for "flyer than the rest" and this beat was easy enough to ride IMO. All u had to do was follow the rapping sequence on the "won beri" beat.. You also need to watch your accent, breath control & stop dragging some words unnecessarily e.g me(eeee)anest, fi(iiiii)nest. I felt these words would've gone more with the beat without them being stretched out.

Make I SMS here & leave my remaining comments to the scorecard. I'll give this a 5.5/10 and upgrade "flyer than the rest" to 6.5 (after listening to it repeatedly in the past week). grin

Enough room still dey for improvement.
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by Djswaggz(m): 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
Guy nice one but still love the other one more grin grin

and whatz dat rhyme about fail for?
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by dawhizkid1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
Djswaggz:

Guy nice one but still love the other one more  grin grin

and whatz dat rhyme about fail for?

You guyz don't get it?
" I'm a Failure, I Failed, I Failed/
I'm A Failure only coz I failed to Fail
"

I hpe u get it now. . . . i cudnt possibly write myself off as a failure naa. Thanks for the comment sha.

semid4lyfe:

I saw this thread immediately it was posted and it's sad no one has posted a comment since then. Ok, make I pity u drop comment grin

Hmmm. . .I didn't particularly feel the reggae-esque intro but I liked the main chorus & the rap. The lyrical content, rhymes and play on words were okay too. This was nice IMO:

I'm so fly the sun is my neighbour
And that's why my bars turn your flow into vapour

I get the above part. . .it means u're v.good/hot but in the same breadth you contradict this claim & refer to yourself as a failure (with emphasis)? WHY? or is there something I'm missing? ONE SHOULD NEVER SACRIFICE MAKING SENSE FOR RHYMING O. I also liked the way u likened your "imaginary opponent(s)" to a weakling(s) with the play on the words - cottage, yam, porridge, barn & storage. Powerful imagery u conjured in my mind there, and something I can definitely relate with. .Brilliant!

However, your "audibility" dropped a "wee" bit in comparison to flyer than the rest. .probably becos you didn't chew kolanut and lick enough tom-tom & vicks before hitting the studio to record this time grin .

I also feel u didn't ride the beat as well as u did for "flyer than the rest" and this beat was easy enough to ride IMO. All u had to do was follow the rapping sequence on the "won beri" beat.. You also need to watch your accent, breath control & stop dragging some words unnecessarily e.g me(eeee)anest, fi(iiiii)nest. I felt these words would've gone more with the beat without them being stretched out.

Make I SMS here & leave my remaining comments to the scorecard. I'll give this a 5.5/10 and upgrade "flyer than the rest" to 6.5 (after listening to it repeatedly in the past week). grin

Enough room still dey for improvement.

Okay, i hope you don get the "Failure" thing now
As for the Voice drop and Delivery drop. . . I dont want to sound like am making up excuses, (because there is room for improvement) but it's probably because the work was rushed. We the whole song in less than 90minutes. but thanks for the comment. tthanks
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by semid4lyfe(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
da-whizkid:

You guyz don't get it?
" I'm a Failure, I Failed, I Failed/
I'm A Failure only coz I failed to Fail
"

I hpe u get it now. . . . i cudnt possibly write myself off as a failure naa. Thanks for the comment sha.

Okay, i hope you don get the "Failure" thing now
As for the Voice drop and Delivery drop. . . I dont want to sound like am making up excuses, (because there is room for improvement) but it's probably because the work was rushed. We the whole song in less than 90minutes. but thanks for the comment. tthanks
Hehehe. . .upon se na edifier I dey use & I rewind many times, I couldn't make out that part.. Now that u've posted the lyrics, I geddit and it makes sense but it only butresses the point that u need to strive for clearity and be very audible in your tracks.

Oh and BTW, I know se na mixtape but I like to hear u do something different from all these "gbe ra ga" & "na me good pass" tracks. U know, why not pick a different theme/message for the next track?
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by dawhizkid1(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
'Gbe ra ga'? U na Urhobo boy?
I'm not 2 good on Topicals 0! But i'll try sha, Next up is Lost Bars (Talk, I'm Listening Freestyle), then after that i'm gon try my hands on Love Matters or Politics or Tribute or Sumtin else. Just expect greatness n Support me n my Music. Bless
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by tosinaded(m): 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
its ur boi cool
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by funkybaby(f): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2010
@freestyle

not bad.

some lines were not too clear.
rhymes. . . . rather weak.

overall: 5 outta 10.
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by swaggapee: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
da-whizkid:

I'm not 2 good on Topicals 0! Next up is Lost Bars (Talk, I'm Listening Freestyle),

wow, that would be cool bro , did u rap on the 9ice ''talk i am listening'' beat? i will be eagerly waiting for this

won beri remix.-6/10 keep going bro .we support u
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by dawhizkid1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
tosinaded@:

its your boi cool

Roger That Bros. Na u b bros 0!

funkybaby:

@freestyle

not bad.

some lines were not too clear.
rhymes. . . . rather weak.

overall: 5 outta 10.

Thanks Ma. . . Bt can u plz give examples of weak Rhymes n how i cud improve on them, that's the purpose of the thread. Thanks once again.

swaggapee:

wow, that would be cool bro , did u rap on the 9ice ''talk i am listening'' beat? i will be eagerly waiting for this

won beri remix.-6/10 keep going bro .we support u

Thanks bro. Glad to know i got your support. Deuces!
Re: Da-whizkid's Won Beri(finest) Freestyle; The High And Low! by semid4lyfe(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2010
da-whizkid:

No I ain't Urhobo and I had no idea it meant something in that language. "Gbe ra ga"  in yoruba (in the context I used it) means to boast/blow your trumpet/praise or hype yourself
da-whizkid:

I'm not 2 good on Topicals 0! But i'll try sha,  Next up is Lost Bars (Talk, I'm Listening Freestyle), then after that i'm gon try my hands on Love Matters or Politics or Tribute or Sumtin else. Just expect greatness n Support me n my Music. Bless
NP. . .I'm looking forward to your topicals.

(1) (Reply)

... / Lastest From 2baba / Ask Dbanj To Recognise This Miracle In His Oliver Twist Competition!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.