Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight (39189 Views)

Hypocrisy of Yorubas When It Comes To Nnamdi Kanu and ESN / Yinka Odumakin: No Difference Between Bala Mohammed And Boko Haram / If This Picture Is True Then Nigeria Has No Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by hisexcellency34: 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
Your argument makes sense die

Rotimi47:
You tend to be from mars as your comment shows that you're more naive than you think.

How would you say that the politicians in Cuba and Brazil are not in anyway related to we the Yorubas? Who told you that alliance are only formed based on dialect, race or tribe/ethnicity? Did cuba fight in Rhodesia? What about supporting Nigeria during the Civil war?

Let me start that we have the means to influence decision makers in Cuba, Brazil etc. Just to mention a few.

Alliance is far beyond that as ideology is a major factor as well as interest.

What is the population of the real jews in the world? A little above 6 million or at most less than 10million but they have one of the most powerful lobby groups in the world.

Do you how many lobby groups the Yoruba have in the world or the military alliance they have? CAPITAL NO.

Do you think the Afenifere and NADECO members that left Nigeria during the June 12 crisis went outside Nigeria to eat French fries and drink vodka?

The Yorubas are just too wise to be fighting here and there because what a war of 3 months can destroy May not be rebuilt in 3years.

How will you know that Asari dokunbo had military training in libya if he didn't tell you? Likewise many Northerners as well as people down South.

If you don't like Nigeria don't mean that everyone else hate Nigeria.

I speak for the Love of Nigeria because Nigeria is never the problem but politicians who see her as their meal ticket.

Let me say that leaving Nigeria is not the issue but changing the bad politicians should be the real deal.

South Sudan broke off from Sudan but development is far from them as they're in a big mess up till now.

3 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by VolvoS60(m): 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2019
Rotimi47:

You tend to be from mars as your comment shows that you're more naive than you think.

^^^
You say I "tend to be from Mars" (clearly meant as an insult) but then, that may not necessarily be a bad thing. Every reference to Martians I have ever seen (and I have seen several!) always depicts them as advanced life forms with an advanced civilization. Have you ever seen anyone (including reprobate demagogues masquerading as statesmen) call Mars a shithole? grin. I think not. Make of that what you will.

Rotimi47:

How would you say that the politicians in Cuba and Brazil are not in anyway related to we the Yorubas?

^^^
I have no idea how you came up with this statement you credited to me. What I said was that the political, military and business elite in Brazil and Cuba is dominated by people of European descent and that Sir, is incontrovertible.

Rotimi47:

Who told you that alliance are only formed based on dialect, race or tribe/ethnicity?

^^^
I have no idea what you are talking about here. What prompted this assumption? undecided

Rotimi47:

Did cuba fight in Rhodesia? What about supporting Nigeria during the Civil war?

^^^
Again I have no idea what you are talking about here. What relevance does this have to the discussion? undecided

Rotimi47:

Let me start that we have the means to influence decision makers in Cuba, Brazil etc. Just to mention a few.

^^^
I presume when you say 'we' you are referring to your kinsmen (if indeed you are who you say you are wink). Only time will tell if your claim has any merit. Only time...

Rotimi47:

Alliance is far beyond that as ideology is a major factor as well as interest.

^^^

Rotimi47:

Do you how many lobby groups the Yoruba have in the world or the military alliance they have? CAPITAL NO.

Do you think the Afenifere and NADECO members that left Nigeria during the June 12 crisis went outside Nigeria to eat French fries and drink vodka?

The Yorubas are just too wise to be fighting here and there because what a war of 3 months can destroy May not be rebuilt in 3years.

^^^
Ok. cheesy grin

Rotimi47:

If you don't like Nigeria don't mean that everyone else hate Nigeria.

I speak for the Love of Nigeria because Nigeria is never the problem but politicians who see her as their meal ticket.

Let me say that leaving Nigeria is not the issue but changing the bad politicians should be the real deal.

South Sudan broke off from Sudan but development is far from them as they're in a big mess up till now.

^^^
Spare me the pseudo-patriotic horse dung and stay on topic. The only reason I engaged you was because you made some incredible claims about alliances between an ethnic group in Nigeria and the nations of Brazil, Cuba and Russia. That's all. Unlike all the other wild claims (e.g. my ethnicity is bigger than yours, etc.) being made by several posters on this thread, claims like yours can be swiftly repudiated with cold hard facts from history.

Finally: Something tells me you are trolling big time but there's enough wiggle room for you to deny this. But only just enough. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - but for the last time. wink

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by VolvoS60(m): 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2019
hisexcellency34:

Your argument makes sense die

^^^
cheesy cheesy

Of course it does.

To you. wink
Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by 7lives: 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
laudate:

It would be great, if a TV documentary could be done about this great piece of history..... for posterity .

His relics of war are still in his palace at oke Iposun, in Epe.
He was King Kosoko's cheif of defense, the baba was so tough that, people of Epe dare not mess up with his children.
He's been dead for more than a 100 years, the people around that axis still fear him. grin grin grin.
If you are interested, pm me.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by gidgiddy: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
laudate:

Please wait first....Oya let Mama Ekanem bring groundnut to add to my zobo. cheesy

Which modern day war you dey talk? Is it the Nigerian civil war, where some Yoruba commanders thrashed Biafran forces silly on different fronts? shocked

I'm not talking about Yoruba commanders, anybody from any tribe can be a commander in the Nigerian Army.

What I mean is that the Igbo nation fought the Nigerian state for its freedom for 3 years.

The Yoruba nation will never have the backbone or guts to fight the Nigerian state for 3 minutes, whether for its freedom or any other reason

But if it is noise making, they will know how to do that one well for more than 3 minutes, even 3 years.
Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by 7lives: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
laudate:

Wey my zobo? Na on top this thread I go match brake today. cheesy cool

I am waiting for those Yoruba guys to give you a befitting response, because this post you made up here shows that you are a very poor student of history.... undecided

If you had read about the battle for Lagos in 1851, you would see how Oba Kosoko held his turf against the British Royal Navy led by Commander Forbes in November that year. Kosoko successfully repelled the attacks launched by the British that November.

The British regrouped and launched a second attack the following month using superior fire power. They were able to overpower Kosoko's forces because they now had 3 gun boats and more ammunition. The battle was fierce and lasted for 3 days, but the British suffered heavy casualties in the process, before they could overpower Kosoko's forces.

One of King Kosoko's defense cheif was my mother's great grandfather, he is called Balogun Agoro Iposun.
The British exiled Kosoko to Epe after the war, Kosoko and Balogun Agoro went to stay in Epe.
The Balogun was the one who stopped the Ijaws and the Mahins from annexing Epe.
The Ijaws too are great warriors, they have been attacking Epe from the waters, trying to annex the coastlines on that axis, but they met their Waterloo when they met Balogun Agoro Iposun, they were drowned at a place called ITEBU, that place is called eyin osa, at Ibeju Lekki are of Lagos State today.
The remaining Ijaw armies on water fled in their boats,
Balogun Agoro told his soldiers not to pursue them.
The Balogun told his soldiers that they cannot venture TOO DEEP into the water, because he had no idea of the size of the Ijaw army on the other side of the water.
And so they continue to wait for the agressors, to come back, having take charge of every other available route.
The Ijaws knows what awaits them in Epe, they NEVER return.
Go to Afero village today in Epe, you will see long WALL of sand that were used as defense formation, where guards were positioned, to keep eye on the invaders and quickly nip it in the bud.
Only intelligent people fight war like this, not some suicidal morrons, facing gun shots with cutlasses.
Thank you for taking them to history class, peace.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by Annie939(f): 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
OK oya read what IBB said about yoruba people

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by 7lives: 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2019
gidgiddy:

I'm not talking about Yoruba commanders, anybody from any tribe can be a commander in the Nigerian Army.

What I mean is that the Igbo nation fought the Nigerian state for its freedom for 3 years.

The Yoruba nation will never have the backbone or guts to fight the Nigerian state for 3 minutes, whether for its freedom or any other reason

But if it is noise making, they will know how to do that one well for more than 3 minutes, even 3 years.

Iponri aja ko gbodo ba ekun ni ibuba.
Even the great grandfathers of dogs, dare not wrestle a tiger.
Ordinary shakara during the presidential election, all your brothers were hiding under their beds in Lagos here, during the governship election.
Enu ni bi ti ajakara, park well jor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by BULLIONVAN4(m): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
Rotimi47:
O boy you no go take laugh wound person!

Your comment shows that you're still very young and my advice is that you face life so as to become a better person rather than running all over social media looking for trouble.

The reality is that you dont know who You're dealing with online.

My 2 cents.

You're nobody...,just a heap of dust including me..,just make out time and visit the mortuary...thanks.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by BULLIONVAN4(m): 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2019
I think, i've told you to stop mentioning ancestors here...,which one be "my mother's great grand father" that is to say your, great great grand father.
Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by tigerclaws: 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
MachadoPreto:
[s][/s]

Arindin!

Ikeji Aja, Omo Bingo
ok forward it to mynd4 lalasticlala seun obinoscopy
Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by Westbestside: 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
7lives:

Iponri aja ko gbodo ba ekun ni ibuba.
Even the great grandfathers of dogs, dare not wrestle a tiger.
Ordinary shakara during the presidential election, all your brothers were hiding under their beds in Lagos here, during the governship election.
Enu ni bi ti ajakara, park well jor.
Take igbo online warriors serious, on your own. I will never forget the way these people ran in 911 on hearing Yoruba coughing alone in 1993

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by tigerclaws: 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
[s]
Westbestside:
Take igbo online warriors serious, on your own. I will never forget the way these people ran in 911 on hearing Yoruba coughing alone.
[/s]
Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by hisexcellency34: 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
As in...

tigerclaws:
[s][/s]

Re: Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight by Westbestside: 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2019
Cosbyrich:

lol

Can Igbo fight.Do they have the liver.?
Awka Ibomites,Yoruba etc helped to prolong the fight.
Can Igbo fight?
A participant on Biafran side knows that they are Cowards..
I will like to read this book.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Breaking Atiku Abubakar Arrived Sokoto To Pay Condolence Visit To Shagari Family / Politician And His Brother Stab Themselves During Fight In Imo. Graphic Photos / Suspected Transborder Kidnapper Nabbed In Kwara Forest With Millions Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.