Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki (41209 Views)

Bad Road: This Is Gafaru Street In Ikotun, Alimosho LGA, Lagos State, Nigeria / My Street In Canada After 6am heavy Snowfall / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Icon79(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2019
What do you expect?

Nigeria is a zoo …. can't animals stroll and have fun in the zoo?
They are in their territory, bro!

O pari

dynicks:
First class citizens....Even the female cows are catwalking daring u guys to bring it on if uv got the liver...
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Basher8583: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2019
dominique:
I've been seeing these herds of cattle since as far as I can remember, I really wish they can device new methods to feed their cattle without having to roam around the country.

Can't we just name the whole south region as cultists, ritualists and fraudsters? Since people that commit such vices are mostly from there. Stereotyping an entire region consisting of millions of people only shows how ignorant and unexposed you are.

I swear for what you just typed, I feel like hacking Nairaland to give you 1trillion likes walahi.
You spoke my mind

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by mistyebby(f): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2019
Naijafull19:
You know...I'm getting tired of this

I have been seeing cows all over the place since I was young...like since the 1980's. Back then, no one was crying about Fulanis taking over.

Does it mean I agree with Fulanis taking laws into their hands, or that I think Ruga is a good idea.? No. But the whole tribal biogtry being directed against Fulanis is getting out of hand.

Kidnapping used to be common in the SOuth East and is still happening in the SOuth SOuth. Does that mean that everyone there is a kidnapper? No. And anyone who thinks that an Igbo or Ijaw man is a kidnapper is a bigot.

For every killer herdsman, there are thousands going about their business in peace.

And anyway...the issue here is that we should be transporting cows in a more civilised manner. Like by railways from the North. Wanderint around with cows is a bad idea in this 21st century. So also is tribal hatred.

I dont know where you are coming from, but all my years in Lagos and since I was born, I have never seen such. Just a few flock of harmless sheep roaming about but def not cows.
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Akorede02(m): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
manbello:

those things get sense pass u

Bravo! You know that cause you are part of them. grin
manbello:

those things get sense pass u

Bravo! You know that cause you are part of them.
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by abbey621(m): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
mistyebby:

I dont know where you are coming from, but all my years in Lagos and since I was born, I have never seen such. Just a few flock of harmless sheep roaming about but def not cows.

Try to get out more, from Badagry to several places in Ajah, cows run rampant during Muslims' festival periods.
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2019
slowice:

Niggur trying to sound smart, you should rather sound civilized. Yes they ve been doing this before I was born and and it was okay but does it mean it should remain like that forever? Is it a bad idea for them to adopt modern ways of doing their business and avoid needless clashes with land owners? Our cities re becoming bigger and our population growing even faster so whether you like it or not this their style of doing business ll still be a problem if not now in some 30,50 years to come. Let's address this sincerely without fear or favor and move on.

But when they brought RUGA what did you and your people say?
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2019
mistyebby:

Which part of Lagos do you live? If you don't live in Island or it's environ then you don't know traditional Lagos.
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by sylve11: 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
Sabadon:
this used to b a normal thing until herdsmen were associated wit killings, really sad.....missed my childhood times wen we would rush out just to sing n hv view of d herd as dey passed by, bt now everything hv changed

na so my brother. sad cool
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by SmellingAnus(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
dominique:

Can't we just name the whole south region as cultists, ritualists and fraudsters? Since people that commit such vices are mostly from there. Stereotyping an entire region consisting of millions of people only shows how ignorant and unexposed you are.
Let's assume we name the North Terrorist like he suggested and we name the South Cultist/ritualist/fraudsters like you suggested : Who will you prefer to live with? The Terrorists or the Cultists?
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Ekaka1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2019
Actually saw the guy on this road last Saturday emerging from the Oba elegushi palace area unto this same road leading to the Freedom way. The guy is a late 20s chap ..actually a Yoruba boy. I stopped and asked why he was parading cows on a busy street road without Grass. He confirmed that the cows belong to kabiyesi elegushi and that he was talking them to a watering point...me I just zoom off grin

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Ogarsimeon(m): 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2019
Useless people their are starting for Lagos and we are not tolerate bullshit in Lagos like other states

1 Share

Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by ksjmode: 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2019
....and if you drive one-way that yeye police van will arrest you. Now the cows are occupying two-way....and they're not bothered. Isn't that incredible ���
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by investigator007: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
Lol funny comments
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Olorunnim: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2019
Op stop spreading lies here, those cows belong to the king and this is not the first time they're passing primewater.
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2019
cow republic
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by nairamaniac: 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2019
MobilityExpress:
I just hope kidnapping won't start inside Lekki, because some of these fulani herdsmen carrying sticks are spies for the fulani herdsmen carrying guns. Dem dom cum survey Lekki Prime Water Gardens. See the way the cows are strolling on Lekki Phase 1 road with maximum confidence, because their tribe controls the Presidency, Senate, Army, Judiciary and Police. Wawu grin

LoL @ c See the way the cows are strolling on Lekki Phase 1 road with maximum confidence.

Have u ever seen shy cows before?

But I don't see how the ones with sticks would spy for the ones with guns.

Most Fulani herds men attacks were unplanned.
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
Ardar:
Where is that coneheaded afonja odunapkin that was making mouth with war, let him and his cohorts come and see another reason to fight fulani people.

why didn't nnamdi KANU and his mumu BSS come out to defend Enugu people when this same Fulani herdsmen were killing and given them doggy style
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Sniper101(m): 12:18am On Aug 01, 2019
with the level of education the current president of Nigeria has, am afraid, everyone out there has no choice but to take it that such sightings are very NORMAL.
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Abuloma80(f): 4:06am On Aug 01, 2019
MhannyEra:
Man shocked to see herdsmen and their cows casually strolling on the street in Lekki freely without being questioned, not like they were searching for pastures because there were no pastures around, they just wanted to obstruct movement, even the Police Patrol Security van had nothing to say to these men, rather they just drive pass them.

Watch Video: https://www.newsbroadcast.com.ng/2019/07/herdsmen-and-their-cows-casually.html

They are living things, animals for that matter. They have to move around. No sign of obstruction in this case.
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by ddeola: 6:27am On Aug 01, 2019
Arrant nonesense ! wey d grass wey dem dey chop now? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Unrated900(m): 7:15am On Aug 01, 2019
Ok
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Unrated900(m): 7:16am On Aug 01, 2019
stefanbanach:
Zoological Republic of Nigeria.

IPOB spotted only una Dey call Nigeria zoo
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by udoka2013: 7:23am On Aug 01, 2019
Abeg leave them na! Have you forgotten that someone said 'where are the cows'. He will soon see them. I pray them come with AK60.
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Maziyk: 8:25am On Aug 01, 2019
Animal republic, the zoo
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Glink2018(m): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2019
It's finished..
Who brought us this woe ?

My father , hear my prayer o Lord
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2019
dynicks:
First class citizens....Even the female cows are catwalking daring u guys to bring it on if uv got the liver...
lmao grin
Re: Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki by Beautyaddy: 12:23am On Aug 02, 2019
Oh no!!….this is Bad!!….like really, really Bad!!! embarassed

Shouldn't rearing and grazing of all those cows be done in the rural areas that are known to have abundant empty lands with wide spaces

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / UNICAL Undergraduate Dies As Car Hits Him (Disturbing Photos) / Lord's Chosen Member 'Mysteriously' Survives Fatal Accident (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.