Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) (49980 Views)

Poor Student Who Rode Bicycle Under The Rain To School Gets N100k Donation / 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Walks 2KM Every Morning To School / LASU Vice Chancellor Receives Riot From Students As Birthday Gift (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
Simplyleo:
To me, this is a classical case of cure worse than the ailment. The little girl being a child may be thrilled by this "palliative", but in actual sense, it is no where close to the solution of her daily energy-sapping distant trekking.

The energy expended in riding that bicycle is almost double the energy required to trek. angry

However, may God reward her benefactor for making such attempt, and thanks to social media for bringing up her plight to the public. We pray she eventually get the appropriate assistance.

Also, such a long walk on the lonely path is not safe for a girl of her age, human ritualists are on the lookout.
I'm not sure what you're on about. Riding a bicycle to school is far better than trekking.

1 Like

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by luluman: 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2019
Simplyleo:
To me, this is a classical case of cure worse than the ailment. The little girl being a child may be thrilled by this "palliative", but in actual sense, it is no where close to the solution of her daily energy-sapping distant trekking.

The energy expended in riding that bicycle is almost double the energy required to trek. angry

However, may God reward her benefactor for making such attempt, and thanks to social media for bringing up her plight to the public. We pray she eventually get the appropriate assistance.

Also, such a long walk on the lonely path is not safe for a girl of her age, human ritualists are on the lookout.
Then help out now.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by deepwater(f): 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2019
Juell:
8 year old walking 2km all by herself?
i bet you dont know what 2km translates to in reality

1 Like

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Comedian2019: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2019
The kind yam bow leg wey she go don get, na her future husband I dey pity.

*runaway �
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by nextstep(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2019
I give that bike two weeks or less. Tire will burst (no money to replace), and sand will enter everywhere.
Las las somebody will pieces it for parts, that is if it's not stolen.

Good charity work, so one can't blame the donor for trying.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by laudate: 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2019
Simplyleo:
Well, this is not even about thermodynamics.

The appropriate law is the law of Mechanics.

If u understand mechanics very well, you will know what I'm driving at.

Even in practice, haven't you seen some people pushing their bicycles rather than riding them, even though the bicycles are not faulty? Especially with loads and ascending? This happens mostly in villages among peasant farmers.

Ehn, people normally push their bicycles when the tyres are flat, or when the chains are broken, or if it is faulty. It has little or nothing to do with tiredness. Guy, you need to do some serious research, o!! shocked

1 Like

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by laudate: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2019
nextstep:
I give that bike two weeks or less. Tire will burst (no money to replace), and sand will enter everywhere.
Las las somebody will pieces it for parts, that is if it's not stolen.

Good charity work, so one can't blame the donor for trying.
There are people that repair bicycle tyres in many parts of the North.

1 Like

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2019
eghuan1:
But 2km is not that far now. I was trekking more than that when I was in primary 2, before my grandma came to my rescue.

My parents didn't like the school closeby and decided to register me in a school very far from home, but was close to my grandmother's house. After one year of trekking, my grandma decided I should just come and stay with her. But that woman could flog o.

God bless her soul.
God bless her soul for flogging you?
You should sue her for child molestation I think
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Defenderalert(m): 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
God bless the giver. Thank God we are not all Ubunja who would defile this little girl and call her a gold digger hoe.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
This is what I was saying about this man wasting our money on one feeding program. There are better things that money can do to the 9.2m children who are mostly in villages. Imagine if a bus is procured for them, or writing materials, school uniforms etc. This will help the learning and make going to the school meaningful instead of just feeding them like hens
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by mamajj17(f): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
Useless Country, what does it takes to provide GOVERNMENT SCHOOL BUS for such an Environment , what happens to the unknown Kids in the same Situation undecided
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by linearity: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
Simplyleo:

Well, this is not even about thermodynamics.

The appropriate law is the law of Mechanics.

If u understand mechanics very well, you will know what I'm driving at.

Even in practice, haven't you seen some people pushing their bicycles rather than riding them, even though the bicycles are not faulty? Especially with loads and ascending? This happens mostly in villages among peasant farmers.

The people pushing their bicycle that you referenced, do it to conserve energy because they maybe tired at that point and want some period of downtime in order to resume their peddle.

If one expend more energy while using a bicycle, why do you think people even bother to use them in the first place? They should have just walked or jog to get there as fast as the bicycle would.

Your analogy with load is a false-equivalent unless you are comparing a man pushing a bicycle with load versus another carrying the same load on their head or person while walking and that the one carrying the load & walking is expending lesser energy.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by lonelygem(m): 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2019
Simplyleo:

[s]The energy expended in riding that bicycle is almost double the energy required to trek. [/s]angry

Well said my brother.
Please u may want to take us back to definition of a machine. Elementary physics. Maybe that can justify your comparism.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Malawian(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:
Poverty is a disease. You know why? They will use bicycle to play and do all sorts of things till it collapses in two months time and the girl resumes her trekking.
ASSUMING SHE IS NOT ACCOSTED ON HER WAY TO SCHOOL AND ROBBED OF THE BIKE

1 Like

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2019
Pink kiddies bicycle... Oshey!
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2019
Okay, so there is no school closer to her home, i now get it.
Deepfeel:
Lol but she's not the only child trekking that way everyday, why not buy them a bus instead or build them a school in their area
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by fennels007(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2019
Simplyleo:

The bolded is NOT true.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Smartben123456: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2019
Just imagine you what kill the girl
Change school for her that is close and stop
Suffering her for goodness sake.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by MikeBetty(m): 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2019
micgray100:
They should have just let her be... That bicycle isn't the best solution... School Bus is the solution...

My signature talks about company registration
how Many Have You Donated? Is The Girl Complaining? In My Days In Primary School, I Know How Many Km I Trecked. Is Those Riding School Bus More Inetelligent Than Her?
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by gudugudumeje: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
In 1965 at age 6, I trek 3km. to and 3km. fro my primary school daily in Ibadan... And I did that for my 6yrs. primary education... What a big deal glamorising 2km... Lazy and, or spoilt generation should we call yours...
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Oritsewhandey(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
Kneephy:
If na south west region now.... Dem for Don buy her Cars by now...

I trust my Lagos people
Northern leaders have a special place to be kept on the Judgement Day.

1 Like

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by fakuta(f): 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2019
So you gonna give a car If not just keep quote. I trekked almost thesame thing in my primary school and my secondary school should be 3 to 4km. It happens in many places the only thing I can say is that Nigeria must be better. My Hope and dream is that someday there will be government school bus for students
Simplyleo:

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by emmnprince(m): 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2019
Bicycle! Anyway, you tried. But that's an energy-sapping adventure too. Hope she doesn't have "yam-like" muscle legs after her basic education.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2019
Simplyleo:

The point in bold is not true. The only time you expend a significant amount of energy riding bicycles is when going uphill or up a slope. Downhill, you're basically coasting.

It's only in Africa that bicycles are seen as a sign of poverty. In the largest cities in the Western World, you see people riding bicycle to work. There are doctors that ride bicycle to work even in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Deepfeel(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Okay, so there is no school closer to her home, i now get it.
I think so
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2019
Anyone noticed the girl didn’t smile in any of the photo?that explains what’s going on in her mind.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by APOSTLECHUMA: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2019
MIGHTY GOD PLEASE PROTECT THE LITTLE GIRL FROM ACCIDENT CAUSING DEMONS.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2019
eghuan1:
But 2km is not that far now. I was trekking more than that when I was in primary 2, before my grandma came to my rescue.

My parents didn't like the school closeby and decided to register me in a school very far from home, but was close to my grandmother's house. After one year of trekking, my grandma decided I should just come and stay with her. But that woman could flog o.

God bless her soul.

Certainly, you must have been very stubborn, and she's most likely one of the most important influences that have made you who you are today.

God bless her soul.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Juell(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
deepwater:

i bet you dont know what 2km translates to in reality
I deal with measurements alot, so I bet I know what 2km translates to.
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by saraki2019(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2019
Simplyleo:

Most you comment on anything, how can make such statement, am sure you haven't used bicycle before
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2019
People will do anything for publicity .
Re: 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
I am wondering how really far 2km is to make the headlines.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FUTO Lecturer's Message To His Student Who Chose Kaduna For His IT / 10 Mathematics Tricks You Probably Didnt Know / Teacher Styles Her Hair Like Her Student's Hair To Make Her Feel Better (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.