Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate (41209 Views)

Aidomoaki Samson: Ex-Footballer Arrested At Imo Hotel Over Possession Of Drugs / Mother Goes Topless, Family Mourns As Cultists Kill Man In Benin. Graphic Photos / Cultists Kill Student Of Oko Polytechnic Inside Bush, By Shooting (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by References: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
An ongoing cult clash between rival groups at the Imo State University, Owerri, on Wednesday, claimed no fewer than two lives while several others were injured.

The shooting which broke out between two yet-to-be-identified confraternities around the main gate of the varsity caused panic as students, including businessmen, scampered for safety.

A student of the university who did not want his name in print told our correspondent at the scene of the incident that young men bearing guns opened fire on approaching the varsity’s front gate.

The undergraduate said that the killers shot at their targets before zooming off.

He said “The boys had guns and they shot at their targets before running away. Two had died before policemen and security men on campus arrived. Policemen had to rush others who were shot but still alive to the hospital.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, said that the operatives of the command had arrived at the institution.

The police spokesperson who said that he could not confirm any death as of the time of filing in this report said that the operatives of the command had rushed some injured ones to the hospital.

The Public Relations Officer of the university, Obi Njoku, said that only one person was killed and he was not a student of the varsity.

He said “Only one person has been confirmed dead and he is not a student of our university. He is a student of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri but had a shop around our school. “

https://punchng.com/cultists-kill-two-at-imo-varsity-main-gate/

2 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by realestniggah: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
Say no to cultism

You won't live long

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by denony(m): 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Ok
Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by oceaneverdry77: 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Cult guys easy o. Na person pikin.
Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by kereman1: 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Wats happening to nigeria youth, cultism and death are the 2 most consistent words in our news nawadays.

I've always known IMSU students for their violence tendency, that's y I chose FUTO of IMSU.

Southerners, especially the youth make we get sense, wetin we go gain if we kill our brothers, who go fight for us incase of external attack, all these energy we use in killing ourselves can we channel d energy to uproot d ppl that have, deprived us of our, basic amenities?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by point5: 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
What kind of wahala is this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by etcsines: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2019
Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by dejio42(m): 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2019
Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by odeebee: 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
Say no to cultism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by ceeceeuwa: 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
First to comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Olukologia24592(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
This bloods we sharing in Nigeria is not goodt o. IN Mama peace voice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by tpbehappy(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
Wetin you gain ooo....Shun cultism by all means.

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by davillian(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by awoniyi1236(m): 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
Nah wah oh, this 1 self still dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by PhenomenalAustin: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
Lol

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Barondval: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
References:
An ongoing cult clash between rival groups at the Imo State University, Owerri, on Wednesday, claimed no fewer than two lives while several others were injured.

The shooting which broke out between two yet-to-be-identified confraternities around the main gate of the varsity caused panic as students, including businessmen, scampered for safety.

A student of the university who did not want his name in print told our correspondent at the scene of the incident that young men bearing guns opened fire on approaching the varsity’s front gate.

The undergraduate said that the killers shot at their targets before zooming off.

He said “The boys had guns and they shot at their targets before running away. Two had died before policemen and security men on campus arrived. Policemen had to rush others who were shot but still alive to the hospital.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, said that the operatives of the command had arrived at the institution.

The police spokesperson who said that he could not confirm any death as of the time of filing in this report said that the operatives of the command had rushed some injured ones to the hospital.

The Public Relations Officer of the university, Obi Njoku, said that only one person was killed and he was not a student of the varsity.

He said “Only one person has been confirmed dead and he is not a student of our university. He is a student of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri but had a shop around our school. “

https://punchng.com/cultists-kill-two-at-imo-varsity-main-gate/
Haba!God have mercy!Children of nowadays...Say NO to cultism,Dem no go hear!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Meedon: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
God bless the dead
Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Stifferlaws: 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
Wow

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by JBoss25(m): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
Whats the gain in cultism? Its not like you're being paid for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Angelfrost(m): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
Smh.... Zero security everywhere in the country... A serious government would have had the chief of police fired, and even sanctioned... It has never been this bad. undecided
Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
Heardsmen cultist?
Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by DonDraper66: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
Strong men leaving the world 4 jew men...cultism is a scam

3 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by BULLIONVAN4(m): 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2019
realestniggah:
Say no to cultism
You won't live long
Guy, say the truth, how many monikers do you have?

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Raxxye(m): 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2019
Una wehdone o!
Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Drsheddy(m): 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2019
Choose to receive Christ and accepts God’s free gift of salvation.

“But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.” John 1:12-13 (NLT)

You can take these steps by praying a simple prayer of commitment to God:

“Dear Jesus, thank you for making me and loving me. I realize I need you in my life, and I’m sorry for my sins. I ask you to forgive me. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Please help me to understand it more. As much as I know how I want to follow you from now on. Please come into my life and make me a new person inside. I accept your gift of salvation. Please help me to grow now as a Christian.”

“Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” Romans 10:13 (NLT)

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5b (NIV)

2 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Kyrx(m): 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2019
Say no to cultism, they won't hear.

It's better to be powerless with no worries than be "powerful" with loads of worries.

Gangsterism doesn't pay, embrace peace.

6 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Gkemz: 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2019
A stubborn flies that heeds no warning joins a corpse to its grave. No pity for a slain cultist because he got more than he bargained for
Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by brightisodje(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2019
Imagine can't this boys use this energy to fight this wicked politicians undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Two At Imo State University Main Gate by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2019
Legit EYE WITNESS

They went for their target who is a final year student of alvan living in Imsu front gate hostel
A phone technician nd a cultist also.

Tho one of the hitmen have been caught..

Well they should strt killing themselves ooh
Cultism don't pay

10 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cultists Stripped Unclad, Killed In Rivers State (Graphic Photo) / Woman Sentenced To 90 Years In Prison For N5.6 million Admission Fraud / Innocent Woman Linked To A Kidnapping Gang. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.