Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Be Good To Everyone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Good To Everyone (151 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? / Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Good To Everyone by TemmyT002(m): 7:52am On Aug 01, 2019
Being nice to people is one of the characteristics of good people. There are advantages you get when you do good to other people. It is one of the fruiys of the spirit.

Let’s look at the bible. Abraham helped two strangers who turned out to be angels and as a result of that, he got good news about having a child with Sarah, his wife.

Lot helped the same the same strangers and that act of kindness saved him and his daughters.

In 2 Kings chapter 4:8-37, we read about the Shunammite woman who showed kindness to Prophet Elisha. As a result of her kindness, she had her own child.

Romans 12:9-21 speaks more about love and doing good.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Share with the Lord’s people who are in need
Practice hospitality
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse
Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn
Live in harmony with one another
Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position
Also do not be conceited
Do not repay anyone evil for evil
Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord

From the above list, it is obvious that doing good is one of the characteristics of love.

The above shows that whatever you do good to other people, you are actually doing it for God.

So, remember that as a Christian and a child of God, it is important to God that you should be good to everyone irrespective of their race or status.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Source: https://opinionsandstories.com/be-good-to-everyone/

(1) (Reply)

Don't Release Yourself From God's Yoke / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/08/19 / Eid-el-kabir: Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-olu, Makinde, Obaseki, Others Preach Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.