Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,691 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:30 AM

The Wisdom Of Solomon Turned Into Foolishness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wisdom Of Solomon Turned Into Foolishness (1198 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wisdom Of Solomon Turned Into Foolishness by yommyuk: 7:50am On Oct 17, 2010
In 2 Chron 1:7, God appeared to King Solomon and said "What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!". In Verse 10, King Solomon asked for 'wisdom' and He was blessed by God in Verse 11-12.

Through this divine blessing King Solomon was able to achieve in worldly terms what his father King David could not. He built the Lord's Temple in Jerusalem and he became richer than any other king past, present and future.

However with these blessings came temptations. The blessings started to attract all sorts of attention. Foreign women which led to foreign gods and inevitably the worshiping of foreign gods. The lord had clearly instructed the people of Israel including King Solomon not to marry foreign women because "they will turn your hearts to their gods". King Solomon would have thought within himself. "Surely I can afford to marry as many foreign women as I want! I am rich and have the wisdom to deal with them" Big mistake which led to his downfall.

King Solomon latter realised in Ecclesiates 1:17-18 " I have set out to learn everything from wisdom and madness and folly. But I learnt firsthand that pursuing all this is like chasing the wind. The greater my wisdom, the greater my grief. To increase knowledge only increases sorrow."

Brethen, let us remember the adage " Be careful what you wish for"
That is why in St Luke 11:31 our Lord Jesus Christ said " The queen of Sheba will stand up against this generation on judgement day and condemn it, for she came from a distant land to hear the wisdom of Solomon. Now someone greater than Solomon is here - but you refuse to listen.

The queen of Sheba came to seek Solomon and not God. Was she saved? Let us relate this to our worship in church. When you go to church, do you go in order to listen to what you want to hear like the common sermons that go on in this age? "Wordly Riches", "Wordly Gain" and their like.
Jesus Chirst said "This evil generation keeps asking me to show them a miraculous sign, but the only sign I will give them is the sign of Jonah.

What is the sign of Jonah? In my opinion, that is the resurrection of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. He should be our primary focus in life which will lead us to eternal life. In him we must live, move and have our being. Whatever we choose to do, think about eternal life.

CONCLUSION
Rev 2:7 " Anyone who has ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches. To everyone who is victorious I will give fruit from the tree of life in the paradise of God. This is the fruit that we lost in the garden of Eden which will enable us to live for evermore.

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

My Dictionary Of Christianese / Rccg Pastor Becomes Traditional Ruler / Prayer Network Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.