Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Happy Mother's Day And Other Things - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Happy Mother's Day And Other Things (1108 Views)

Must Read: An Xmas Paintjob, A Ladder & Other Things... / Mother’s Day Essays In Hindi | Mothers Day Essays English Writing Preparation / Love And Other Things That Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Mother's Day And Other Things by Orikinla(m): 4:46pm On May 13, 2007
My Darling,

Happy Mother’s Day!

If you want to know about Nigeria, you can visit the most popular Nigerian online forum Nairaland and read the posts on what is happening in Nigeria daily.

http://www.nairaland.com will help you to know Nigerians better. So that you will not be conned or scammed by Nigerians online. Last year, we exposed a Nigerian scammer with the moniker of "PAPERMOON" and I posted the pictures of another scammer posing as a Russian beauty. Many Nigerians in America and Europe are doing scams called "419" or "Yahoo-Yahoo". And they have even tried to scam me. That is why I am very curious and suspicious of others online as you said about the "Nigerian" who wanted to scam you and your sister with fake online profiles

I e-mailed her my reply and turned to read The Times of London brought from the UK yesterday.

Air fares are tumbling down in the UK. And Ryanair decided to make fun of the resignation of Tony Blair in an advert on Ryanair’s lowest fares guranteed.

“IF TONY BLAIR FINDS A LOWER FAIR RYANAIR WILL REFUND DOUBLE THE DIFFERENCE.”

The fares are as low as ten pounds!

I was reading the newspapers to take my thoughts away from Mother’s Day, because there is no way I can celebrate Mother’s Day without remembering my mother of blessed memory. And how can I remember my mother without remembering my father and the others who have passed on. So, Mother’s Day is always a memorial day for me.

It would be very hard for me to be dazed or fazed by most of the thrills and frills of life, because I have seen that most of the so-called luxuries of this world are not worth suffering and dying for.  So, I am baffled by the desperation of most humans to possess these perishable acquisitions.

A palatial mansion, a luxury yacht, posh cars or Limos and millions in the bank are no guaranty for happiness.  Because, the most  coveted comfort zones do not mean they are the most secured.  From Times Square to Park Avenue, the same fear haunts the homeless man bivouacking by the roadside to the Wall Street tycoon having caviar and champagne while in his Jacuzzi.

I believe in the imperishable achievements of our transient life and not in the hedonistic luxuries, we can never take with us when we pass away. I believe in immortalities. And I live by what I believe.

May God help you to know the truth about life, so that you may overcome the wrath of the earth.

Everybody has a story
But only few will make history

I love to reminisce and be enraptured in the reveries of my memories.

The vistas of the past flash before my starry brown eyes. And some of them soon make my eyes wet with tears of sorrow. The sudden death of the gregarious Francis Ochalla in a ghastly road accident whilst traveling in the night in 2004 still makes my heart ache. Our social life has become boring since Francis passed away. Then Gbenga Adefolarin, the gifted Nigerian journalist collapsed and died before he turned 43 and he was one of the first editors of my science fiction, because he had the education and knew how to separate farce from science.

I miss Francis and Gbenga as much as I miss my beloved parents and Eno. And since they departed from the world, my life has not been the same. My life was like heaven on earth whilst they were alive. I miss the charming smiles of Francis Ochalla, the wisdom of Gbenga Adefolarin, the joys of my loving father Sunday and my beloved mother Gladys and the comforting grace of Eno.

If you lose your wife, you can marry another one.
But if you lose your mother, you can never have another mother.

If your mother is alive, give her your best love.
But if she is dead, light a candle for her.

Happy Mother's Day!
Re: Happy Mother's Day And Other Things by ayomorocco(f): 7:23pm On May 13, 2007
It's a small world after all. I just saw the photograph you put on your post titled 'A Stranger in America'. If Orikinla and Michael Chima are not the same person, then please ignore what I am about to write below [or tell Chima what I have written]. If however, they are one and the same person, then I can safely say that I know you (as well as your siblings and parents) and you know me and my family [but I gather you've already figured that out from my name]. I knew your parents who were good people (may their souls rest in peace) and I must say that one of my names was given to me by your dad and one of your brothers got one of his names from my father.

Anyway, I should have guessed that it would be someone like you who wrote all these stuff, for even back in those days, you were quite controversial and I do remember that the parting of ways of my family and yourself was not particularly amicable. Nevertheless, extend my regards to Nnamdi, Clarke and your lovely sister Babinta (I hope I spelt that right). Tell Clarke that I'd like to hear from him. Let me know what he says and I can IM you my e-mail address if necessary.
Re: Happy Mother's Day And Other Things by Orikinla(m): 7:44pm On May 13, 2007
Ayo,
Give my regards to Marshall and family.

e-mail me on orikinla@yahoo.co.uk.

Don't worry about my writings.
Even Jesus Christ was seen as controversial and they crucified him. But if not for Jesus Christ, none of us would have been here.

I love my writings and I live by them and as you can see, I am still walking tall.

(1) (Reply)

The Head And The Tail’s Tale / A Paradise For Maggots / Vacancies For Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.