Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,088 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) (1464 Views)

Nigerian Police Clash With Indian Men In Heated Confrontation (video) / Shooting As Shiites And Police Clash In Abuja / Meat Sellers & Police Clash In Ibadan, Police Station Set On Fire This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by KLEINBASS: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V260v0RU8ds

A truly shocking scene has played out right in the middle of Johannesburg on Thursday afternoon, as protesters attacked police officers during a frenetic demonstration. The JMPD’s Chief of Police David Tembe took the unusual step of warning citizens to avoid the CBD altogether via Twitter, due to the extent of the abject chaos.

It is believed that police where raiding a building which is ran and illegally occupied by foreign nationals. In the building illegal and counterfeit goods are sold there.
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by KLEINBASS: 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2019
South Africa belongs to all after all, cause if police take action they will be labeled as xenophobic..

1 Like

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by KLEINBASS: 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
A tweet from head of Johannesburg metro police

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by KLEINBASS: 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
This will get international media attention when the locals decide to go defend their city.
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by KLEINBASS: 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
K
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by KLEINBASS: 6:04pm On Aug 01, 2019
K
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by Chauke(m): 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2019
KLEINBASS:
K

South Africa is becoming a failed shithole state like the rest of the continent.
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by KLEINBASS: 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2019
Chauke:

South Africa is becoming a failed shithole state like the rest of the continent.

And Africans keep on flooding in thinking there is light at the end of the tunnel. What their doing their just adding more burden and becoming like parasites to the already sinking ship
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by MduZA: 6:30am On Aug 02, 2019
Amakwerekwere doing what they know best..messing up everything!!!

2 Likes

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by JaceBlaze: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
"Industrious ńigerians"

2 Likes

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by IronGalaxy: 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
Chauke:

you can say it again. Take a tour of Johannesburg, it resembles Kinshasa, Blantyre, Lagos etc. You hardly even find South Africans these days

4 Likes

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by JaceBlaze: 7:21am On Aug 03, 2019
IronGalaxy:
you can say it again. Take a tour of Johannesburg, it resembles Kinshasa, Blantyre, Lagos etc. You hardly even find South Africans these days
Dude,I was there yesterday and I must say whoever still calls that city world class city must be somebody who hasn't been there the last 15 years or their standards of what a world class city is supposed to look like must be extremely low.Almost the entire city looks like a godzilla was walking through it.

1 Like

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by Lionessza6(f): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2019
Why these filthy kwerekweres were not gunned down like the animals they are is a mystery to me , I hope the taxi drivers do the needful soon. "Avoiding bloodshed" of these terrorists is a big joke . Diplomacy is fcking up south Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by MduZA: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
Lionessza6:
Why these filthy kwerekweres were not gunned down like the animals they are is a mystery to me , I hope the taxi drivers do the needful soon. "Avoiding bloodshed" of these terrorists is a big joke . Diplomacy is fcking up south Africa.

True dat comrade!

2 Likes

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by Lionessza6(f): 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
MduZA:

True dat comrade!

Iyonyanyisa maan, yerr!

1 Like

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by IronGalaxy: 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Dude,I was there yesterday and I must say whoever still calls that city world class city must be somebody who hasn't been there the last 15 years or their standards of what a world class city is supposed to look like must be extremely low.Almost the entire city looks like a godzilla was walking through it.
Bro , it's heartbreaking what Jo'burg has become, I used to look forward going to the city with my late Aunt, now it's just a shadow of its former self.
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by Xisnin(m): 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
KLEINBASS:
This will get international media attention when the locals decide to go defend their city.
You must live in a jungle when the locals become city defenders.
Why not disband all your incompetent cops and let the bloodthirsty locals carry
out acts of savagery and jungle justice?

SMH.
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by JaceBlaze: 6:08am On Aug 05, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Bro , it's heartbreaking what Jo'burg has become, I used to look forward going to the city with my late Aunt, now it's just a shadow of its former self.
Used to live near Oriental Plaza in a complex called Cope from 2004 to 2006.Me and my bro used to walk to Carlton Center on a regular basis to chill and play pool,we could be there the whole day and come back in the evening because Johannesburg was still somewhat safe,but with the Jo'burg of today?..I'd rather walk through the Amazon and take my chances with Anacondas
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by Auxtin85(m): 6:19am On Aug 05, 2019
OP, they were mostly Ethiopians oo, they sell contraband. The police usually go to them for settlement but this time they refused to settle the police which was what led to the riot
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by JaceBlaze: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2019
Lionessza6:
Things like these just enrage South Africans and make them hate the filthy kwerekweres even more.From what I heard the police withdrew because they were avoiding a bloodbath but they were quick to open fire on the Marikana mine workers who really meant something to the country.These things are aliens for God's sake and aren't contributing anything of worth to this country.I just taya for this stupid and blind government angry
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by KLEINBASS: 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
Xisnin:

SMH.

Your filthy brothers have turned it into a jungle with their barbaric nature of living so jungle justice they deserve. No wonder places like Lagos are such filthy dumps you people have no sense of being human beings.
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by KLEINBASS: 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Xisnin:

SMH.

Am just fortunate that in our complex we dnt take any Nigerians, Ethiopians or Somalians. You people are not worthy to stay around human beings.
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 17, 2019
IronGalaxy:

Since you've established its mostly foreigners who occupy Johannesburg, can you explain why Cape Town is rubbing shoulders with Tijuana to become one of the world's deadliest cities and ultimately is the most dangerous African city today? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.africanews.com/amp/2019/07/30/capetown-ranked-the-most-dangerous-city-in-africa/
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by IronGalaxy: 11:49am On Aug 17, 2019

Since you've established its mostly foreigners who occupy Johannesburg, can you explain why Cape Town is rubbing shoulders with Tijuana to become one of the world's deadliest cities and ultimately is the most dangerous African city today? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.africanews.com/amp/2019/07/30/capetown-ranked-the-most-dangerous-city-in-africa/

Because it has a gang problem.were you expecting a different answer?

3 Likes

Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by Yujin(m): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
KLEINBASS:

Am just fortunate that in our complex we dnt take any Nigerians, Ethiopians or Somalians. You people are not worthy to stay around human beings.
Now this is overboard. Stop denigrating other African nationals.
Re: Police Clash With Foreign Nationals In Johannesburg Cbd(mostly Nigerians) by Miaraka: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2019
Xisnin:

SMH.
If our cops were incompetent, they would have opened fire and massacred the foreign immigrants who attacked them at the end of July with rocks and firearms instead of allowing them to do their work. They are only 200000 in number and the crime situation is very bad. The number certainly needs to be increased.

Regarding your question about Cape Town, I have this to say - the city has an indigenous drug and gang problem which goes back centuries (1800s) before the heavy, several million strong influx of African immigrants, wealthy fugitives from justice from around the world, etc,.
The 50000 strong Numbers Gang is the biggest in SA. It was formed by two local migrant workers and a nomad. Their idea was to fight the colonialists by murdering them, stealing from them and raping their women. Its "political" base is the mixed race Cape Town community and its linked to the city's 400 street gangs such as the Hard Livings and Americans.
The friendly gesture of relaxing immigration laws and influx control as well as switching off or removal of the electric border fence by the ANC government in 1994 enabled international crime syndicates to exploit our strategic geographical location, trade and diplomatic links with most, if not all country members of the UN and our highly developed road, rail, air and sea infrastructure. Prior to 1994 drugs were not a problem in most parts of South Africa. Even in Cape Town, drug dealing and consumption was a manageable problem.
Nigerian drug syndicates were used by their international counterparrs to establish South Africa as a transit station for drug and human trafficking. Our naive girls who thought they had found rich husbands in certain Nigerians, were used as drug mules. Some of them were forced and others, if not driven by self-interest, only discovered upon arrest in distant countries or at our international airports and other entry points that they had been used as drug mules.
Sorry to mention this but this drug and human trafficking problem which has earned our country a very bad reputation internationally and increased criminality around SA is inextricably-linked to Nigerian drug syndicates who also played a very key role in nationalising a local Cape Town problem.
This comes from me, a former government official and one who studied in your country in the 70s. The majority of us, including those who were assaulted by Nigerian boys for going out with your girls and at least one who's face was disfigured by an acid attack, have nothing against Nigerians. We are not bitter. We didn't even report such things to our leaders. To us this was just a boys thing. As far as we were concerned, such a thing could happen anywhere in the world and after living in many different countries, we know it does.
I just hope that what I've told you will help you and others (SAs and 9jas) to understand that it's necessary to stop the insults, obviate the bad habit of gobbling everything you are told or read in the media or see on TV as if it was the gospel truth and begin to engage as brothers and sisters who must work together to break the chains of poverty and under-development imposed upon all Africans and their countries by the former colonial masters who have remained very much in charge despite the so-called independence.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Suspect Yahoo Boy Killed His Girlfriend And Buried Her In His Room| SEE PHOTO / Ex-minister Convicted Of Bigamy / Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.