Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? (25069 Views)

Revolution Now August 5th Protest: Omoyele Sowore Gives Updates / 'Revolution Now' Protest By Sowore: Live Updates On August 5th Protest / 'Revolution Now' Organizers Release 'Rules Of Engagement' For Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Corrosiveman(m): 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2019
Sowore is an Ijaw/yoruba man let him and yorubas fight his battle alone.
When we took the Biafra Map to UN didnt Ijaws told us to count them out and even called us their slaves even after we supported Jonathan their son.

If Biafra comes to reality i wonder who would speak for you people when you remain in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by meobizy(f): 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nairalanders will remain in their houses on the day, complaining on every thread that the youth do nothing concerning political matters. This forum is not a venting point anymore but a troll center, where bored people from the real world come to practice how to annoy others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Xammie001(m): 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2019
Everybody is a F ucking Hypocrite ooo
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by gokson600: 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2019
MelesZenawi:
He should protest wih his brothers

I can't try to join his rubbish or such nonsense
. That’s why you are where u are
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by cuteralph101(m): 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
internationalman:
Strategy for next campaign.

It's all selfish interest.
see ur ugly life...whether strategy or not. We demand answers. If he fails Revolution continua. Else wait till dissolution becomes neccessity and dts bloody. U dont want to encounter that
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by gokson600: 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2019
chiagozien:
mazi Nnamdi Kanu is not part of your revolution,

yorubas are looking for who they will use to settle with hausafulanis.
. They want to break away from Nigeria as a region . Those Igbo thieves who called themselves leaders. What did they do to the allocation gotten from the federal govt? Will igbos kill all their leaders stealing money when they break I mean those leaders who were stealing when there were still part of Nigeria? Won’t these leaders still not join the igbos when they break? Yorubas as a region is not ready to go to war becos peace is better than war so does your bible claim. The igbos should carry their cross or better still come back to their senses and call for total reform of the whole process and stop this stupid hate thing and stop dwelling on how awolowo betrayed them but won’t talk about how a Yoruba man adekunle fajuyi gave his live for an Igbo boss. Peace is better than war

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by gokson600: 1:13pm On Aug 02, 2019
izombie:
As an igbo man, i have no business with any protest march organised by any yoruba or hausa person. They never joined the igbos when igbos were protesting. For the record, nnamdi kanu stood up to the powers in abuja and made them so scared that the presidency, senate and the rest of them started talking about restructuring and even made hell rufai to head the restructuring agenda. Kanu had no support from the yoruba or the hausa masses. Now, who can remember the last time anything serious about restructuring was talked about.
Any igbo man that joins this march must be mad.
. They want to break away from Nigeria as a region . Those Igbo thieves who called themselves leaders. What did they do to the allocation gotten from the federal govt? Will igbos kill all their leaders stealing money when they break I mean those leaders who were stealing when there were still part of Nigeria? Won’t these leaders still not join the igbos when they break? Yorubas as a region is not ready to go to war becos peace is better than war so does your bible claim. The igbos should carry their cross or better still come back to their senses and call for total reform of the whole process and stop this stupid hate thing and stop dwelling on how awolowo betrayed them but won’t talk about how a Yoruba man adekunle fajuyi gave his live for an Igbo boss. Peace is better than war And protest is better than carrying weapons
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by bullabong(m): 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
keentola:
and the masses are not being shot at now? Do you even read the news and see how much injustice is being done to Nigerians in their homes?

Whether we protest or we don't, we die, why don't we die for something tangible?
The pen has always been mightier than the sword and still is.....revolutions are never started through planned protests cause the army has been notified,but by a silent gas slowly seeping into the people's minds that will one day ignite and the government will know that day when it arrives.

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Westbestside: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2019
tigerclaws:
[s][/s]
yeroba Muslims always attaching to real yerobas
Why is it that you igbo catholic are the worst set of people?
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by tigerclaws: 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2019
[s]
Westbestside:
Why is it that you igbo catholic are the worst set of people?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Damod88: 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2019
[quote author=coming2america post=80860792]Sowore wants to lead a revolution, Days of Rage, a mass action movement against the goverment of the day, to protest goverment atrocities, ineptitude, inefficiency, ethnic jingoism or general inactivity as permeates the body polity today.

Noble initiative, noble cause, if led by an altruistic person. But is Sowore? Does he see himself as a revolutionary or freedom fighter? Is he a modern day Jenkhis Khan, Atila the Hun, Nelsen Mandela or just a rabble rouser?

We no longer even see Sowore as an activist, these days, no matter his pretensions and protestations to the contrary. We rather see him as a renegade, a rebel without cause, a sophist who has fallen out with his former friends and is now out to spite them, while also making a name for himself.

In Sowore's mind, he hopes to inspire a crtitical mass to escalate this protest he is championing, to become the sub saharan version of the Arab Spring.

He sees himself as the the modern day hero, like the San Cullote of the French revolution, who brought down a goverment while protesting for bread, Sowore imagines he can inspire change, bring about radical reform in a unstable economy and perhaps even bring about sudden change of goverment through popular revolt of the people.

Sowore has followed the story of the 22 year old Sudanese girl in Khartoum who toppled a 30yr old regime by standing up to wage protests and told himself, why not me?

If days of protests with multitudes led by a little girl forced Omar Mohammed Al Bashir to adbidcate in sudan, why cant it be done in Nigeria, backed by my Sahara reporters and extensive media reach?

He wants to become the modern day Rosa Parks in Nigeria, a woman who closed the racial cleavages of America by simply refusing to give up her bus seat in America's deep south.

Sowore hopes to enter history books by being like the grocer who triggered the Arab Spring in the streets of Tunis by dousing himself in gasoline and burning himself, setting the stage for oppressive regimes of the Magreb to start falling like a pack of cards.

Sowore wants to achieve all this via a facebook proclamation, without the self immolation though and without personal discomfort either, perhaps safely tucked away in America.

Sowore fails to understand the most successful revolutions in history were not planned, there was no mobilizatoon, there was no coordinated media sensitization- it just happened, triggered by a very trivial event.

Anything other than this, often only results to a police action(apologies to Gowon) to quell any notions of insurrection in the minds of misguided promoters.

Behind this so called altruism of Sowore, is his own need for self deification, his burning desire to achieve immortality through the back door, using rallying call of popular revolt.

Sowore timed his call to action to coincide with the heightened tension in the capital occassioned by the El ZakZakky debacle,as the catalyst or keg of gun powder that conflagrates the situation

He wants to cash in on the Shiite protests and hopes that his 'days of rage' with Shiite sympathy and protests,will snowball into an uprising that will see this goverment scampering out of town.

What Sowore failed to achieve at the ballot, he wants to achieve in the street. There are many reasons Nigerians should protest and many people who should too, but Sowore cannot lead this charge.

Anything he does will be read through the prism of political mischief. He was an activist and had every right to lead protests and bring people into the streets, but the very minute he declared for a political party, he lost that leverage.

The very minute he appeared on the ballot to contest an election against a goverment in power, he lost the popular appeal to be able to lead people to the streets.

That he is even still fighting in court to lead his party further diminishes his credentials to be able to lead popular revolt.

5 years ago, or even 3years ago, under similar circumstances, this movement would have gained traction and gotten results.

But immediately after losing an electoral project? Naaah. Any one devoid of any political leanings can lead this charge, but certainly not Sowore.

This is the reason why this his call to action will go unhee

I disagree with your argument that the most successful revolutions were spontaneous. The Arab spring you mentioned of was not a revolution which was why it was not successful for reason that it was spontaneous in character. The most successful revolutions in human history were the Russian revolution of 1917 and Chinese revolution of 1949.Both these revolutions were planned for and guided by the finest socio-economic theories available at the time. The leaders of these revolutions were some of the finest revolutionaries ever to walk on the surface of the planet. Leaders like V. I. Lenin, Leo Trotsky, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, zhou Enlai and several others .They wrote and actively participated in the organization of their countries' respective communist parties which served as the vehicle for organizing a society. No nation can have a successful revolution without planning for it unless we are equating a mere social uprising with revolution. A revolution has be to Planned for and led by the most intellectually endowed individuals in a society and not the kind of mob uprising we witnessed in the Arab world which led nowhere . For your information, both the Chinese and Russian revolutionaries understood socio-economic history very well on which they anchored their successes . Their guiding epistemology was dialectical materialism.So without knowledge of the origin of social stratification in society, revolution cannot be successful. Revolution must also led by well read individuals who are convinced of the superioty of the new ideology they wish to see replace the existing ones. My brother revolution in the real sense of the word is not a child's play .

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by elijahkayode(m): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2019
maximilano:
Nigeria is too divided to have a single front. It’s either we break up into different nations or at worst we return to regional system of governance.

(YORUBAXIT) restructuring and full autonomy for all Yoruba states from the Nigeria FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
1. The exorbitant cost it takes to run the nigeria government is a drag on the Yoruba economy, you cant keep paying our senators that much and expect a thriving nation, more debts (Lagos) will fix nothing if the government is not reformed.
The objectives of the #YORUBAXIT should be:
1. Establishing full autonomy for all Yoruba Nations Government System with More Effective Political Leadership
2. Federal Government should only focus on foreign policy
2. Restructuring of National Administrative Organs
3. A More Transparent Administration
& Streamlining of the Government (i.e New Policy that truly reflects our core values, heritage and beliefs)
There will be no more regional killings (christians and Muslims will know their rights)
4. The Yoruba Nation should be given full control of its full money, borders, security
Am sure you will agree with me that the Nigeria government is just like a bloated android device
With this we will be able to secure our borders and harmonize our identity as a nation, no nation on planet earth survives without a proper citizen data which is a shame cause the YORUBAS don't have one
Our self government will be able to serve the Common interest of the Yoruba populance way better in this 21st century
Nigeria will be 69 yrs in a couple of months and With the recent spike in Terrorist (herdsmen, shites, etc) activities all over Nigeria (radical and unprovoked killings), tribal killings, security unrest
Am trying to get this message across to everyone of you who believe in the brilliant future of this great Nation called (The Yoruba Elders will give us one)
Tweet at the hashtag on twitter
#YORUBAXIT #YORUBAXIT #YORUBAXIT #YORUBAXIT #YORUBAXIT #YORUBAXIT
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by tydi(m): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2019
bigpicture001:

Youths of naija..?...mk I hear!

Dey can never put their body where their mouth us..by far the worst youths in the world!

If I don't see you on that 5th August then you are useless.
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2019
I would like to keep seeing a healthy opposition, Like Mr Sowore and sensible Nigerians
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Halo22: 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2019
If this should hold, I will be very grateful and organize my own protest in my area. This country is in a big mess and unfortunately our leaders do not give a damn. Keep it up Sowore, we are with you.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Sjibs: 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2019
Am in oo were is the meeting point in Lagos?
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Komu1048(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I think u the one not an igbo man here.

Don't ride on his reasoning.

If you want to join the protest, nobody is holding you.

Bear the consequences and don't force others.

Nobody is stopping u from joining sowore protest real igbo man.

Please let's all join the struggle. The present situation of things didn't favour any tribe. Igbo, Yoruba n Hausa should join, we all deserve a better Nigeria. If Igbos n Yoruba had conflict in the past, this is another opportunity to unite for a common interest
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2019
Only the igbos can stand and protest against the government.

The yorubas didn't protest when fasorantis daughter was killed... I expect them to keep quiet on August 5th.
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Mirallas: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2019
Antoeni:
In Algeria, a man burnt himself and revolution started. I don't know what's wrong with us here.
- Omoyele Sowore

What is Stopping Him Sowore From Doing Same?
Atiku with his stolen billions can't try Buhari. Imagine COMMON Sowore.
He wants to start a Revolution and He Goes About Issuing Notices of it.
That’s to tell you his intentions are Dubious and Fraudulent.
The True Revolution took Place 2015,
Sowore is Only Trying to Raise Funds And There After Abscond with the Funds to continue with his Lavished Lifestyle Of Hard Drugs And Women.
I hope say the money wey dey pay you to write this bulshit plenty so that your kids will not be too ashamed to disown you. SHM
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Beckplanet7: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nice move
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by VajanahDischaj(f): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2019
MelesZenawi:
He should protest wih his brothers

I can't try to join his rubbish or such nonsense
bastards are always thrown overboard for the beast to manipulate
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by keentola(m): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2019
bullabong:
The pen has always been mightier than the sword and still is.....revolutions are never started through planned protests cause the army has been notified,but by a silent gas slowly seeping into the people's minds that will one day ignite and the government will know that day when it arrives.
revolutions have been started even with the world knowing. Many revolutions were done with the help of media
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by therealpeace: 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2019
[quote author=Damod88 post=80869032][/quote]If Sowore is not qualify to lead we are willing and ready to follow your lead...You are nobody but a governemnt agent whonis scared of this protest. This might end up as the beginning of the end for the governmemt you so suppprt
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by Goldensword: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2019
trust me, Nnamdi kanu is a master strategist, he is behind this protest, Nnamdi kanu will use sowore to complete total disintegration of nigeria.
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by bosstim(m): 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2019
You're full of shit. With this mindset we're all doomed
internationalman:
Strategy for next campaign.

It's all selfish interest.
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by themanderon: 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2019
Watch how the same people he is trying to fight for will come for him. A nation of deeply complicated and troubled citizens.
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by bullabong(m): 1:08am On Aug 03, 2019
keentola:
revolutions have been started even with the world knowing. Many revolutions were done with the help of media
Una good luck.
Re: Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? by bullabong(m): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2019
keentola:
At least I said it before now that Sowore only wanted publicity by being arrested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kayode Ogundamisi Names Goodluck Jonathan As His Man Of The Decade / Super Tucano Aircraft Destroy ISWAP Armoury, Training Bases In Lake Chad / 2023: Shettima Wants To Be President Using Tinubu’s Weak Health’ – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.