Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,266 members, 7,839,343 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders (6946 Views)

Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible / A Meeting With Dangote Vs Pastor Adeboye: Nigerians Choose / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 03, 2019
rottennaija:

Don't cry for I know how hard it is to defend nonsense. Someday, the leaders you follow will also tell you Jesus is not God's with 'prove'. Then, if you are asked, you become disturb and say "I read my Bible! Study and meditate on what is recorded there. So anyhow I go about it is none of your business to judge and set standards since you are not master over my faith."

My dear, it's not easy to defend nonsense. I understand your pain. That's what every jw I asked the question face. Within them, they really wish such believe was not there but what can they do? They just have to follow their leaders or they will appear foolish.

Don't kill yourself OK. I know someday, your leaders will make allowance so that Jesus can be your mediator in the future. But for now, let it be on record that a professed Christian openly rejected the one and only mediator God gave because the faithful and discreet slave says he should. What a pity.

Na wah o! Shuoo see me see trouble o! cheesy

When i was practicing Islam i never experience all these arguments in the name of religion, even when i later started attending the Churches of Christendom nobody ever come up with all these because we were all just Churchgoers having nothing in our brains than get there merrily, sing, clap, dance and contribute money in the pocket of our dear eloquent motivational speaker called Pastor.
But for Jehovah's Witnesses, you will not rest as you keep raising one argument or the other! cheesy

Try to be sincere for once Sir!

Are you sure that all what you've been saying so far about {mediator or intermediary bla bla bla} is of any serious concern to churchgoers?
Or you're just desperately looking for ways to discredit Jehovah's Witnesses for being truthfully dedicated worshipers? cheesy

Well let me tell you Sir, there is no substance in your arguments, until you present a better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses
And if you're opposed to GROUPING then that means all religious groups claiming Christians are good to go {including Jehovah's Witnesses} so far adherents believe in Jesus name, the Church doesn't matter! cheesy

But if it matters then we must resume to authenticity of GROUP! wink
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2019
Maximus69:

Na wah o! Shuoo see me see trouble o! cheesy

When i was practicing Islam i never experience all these arguments in the name of religion, even when i later started attending the Churches of Christendom nobody ever come up with all these because we were all just Churchgoers having nothing in our brains than get there merrily, sing, clap, dance and contribute money in the pocket of our dear eloquent motivational speaker called Pastor.
But for Jehovah's Witnesses, you will not rest as you keep raising one argument or the other! cheesy

Try to be sincere for once Sir!

Are you sure that all what you've been saying so far about {mediator or intermediary bla bla bla} is of any serious concern to churchgoers?
Or you're just desperately looking for ways to discredit Jehovah's Witnesses for being truthfully dedicated worshipers? cheesy

Well let me tell you Sir, there is no substance in your arguments, until you present a better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses
And if you're opposed to GROUPING then that means all religious groups claiming Christians are good to go {including Jehovah's Witnesses} so far adherents believe in Jesus name, the Church doesn't matter! cheesy

But if it matters then we must resume to authenticity of GROUP! wink

Jesus' mediator or intermediary is now bla bla bla. The fact is, do you accept Jesus as your mediator?
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2019
rottennaija:

Jesus' mediator or intermediary is now bla bla bla. The fact is, do you accept Jesus as your mediator?

Why not go and force your mediator/intermediary palavah into the heads of other churchgoers? cheesy
Why must it be ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses? cheesy
I accept o, i no accept o, wetin be your own? cheesy

The lady in your video is still ASSOCIATING with Jehovah's Witnesses!
She was highly excited that she's still a member of the organization Sir! cheesy
She even said the prayers of people like you made it possible for her not to be disfellowshiped from the CRUEL religion. Can you imagine such insanity? cheesy
Why not convince her to go and join your rccg church where this your mediator palavah is not an issue? cheesy
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by peggywebbs(f): 9:15am On Aug 03, 2019
Don't mind him. He didn't listen. JW as I recently learnt do not listen to things that are not prescribed by their organizations, they don't even visit blogs of former members. He will just argue with you to make no point.

I used to see JW as a religious organisation until Maximus69 mentioned some things in a former post that made me do research of my own.

For some reason, their members have been brainwashed and are not allowed to think for themselves. Even the bible talks about free will. We should be able to ask questions and we are not expected to dogmatically follow religion.

If your religious leader says something that you have a nudge in your heart to be wrong, you can challenge him but JW do not instead asking questions leads to you drifting away from their faith.

Maximus69 will never condemn the flaws of his cult but somehow I don't know how he fell victim of their hypnotism.

Survey shows that more than 80% of their members leave every year all over the world and that is why they keep going door to door to get people in..as they recruit, so do people discover the truth and leave them.

I asked Maximus69 to go on his knees and ask God for the truth but he replied me saying one person in his JW community has shown him the way. Imagine

rottennaija:

And I was thinking you knew what you wanted. Are pained by the video? Hearing your 8 dukes disgrace themselves with organization organization organization?

3 Likes

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 9:40am On Aug 03, 2019
Maximus69:

Why not go and force your mediator/intermediary palavah into the heads of other churchgoers? cheesy
Why must it be ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses? cheesy
I accept o, i no accept o, wetin be your own? cheesy

The lady in your video is still ASSOCIATING with Jehovah's Witnesses!
She was highly excited that she's still a member of the organization Sir! cheesy
She even said the prayers of people like you made it possible for her not to be disfellowshiped from the CRUEL religion. Can you imagine such insanity? cheesy
Why not convince her to go and join your rccg church where this your mediator palavah is not an issue? cheesy

Actually, I don't need to force it on them. They have accepted Jesus as their one and true mediator, something jws don't accept because their governing body says they shouldn't. Such idolatry.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 9:56am On Aug 03, 2019
peggywebbs:
Don't mind him. He didn't listen. JW as I recently learnt do not listen to things that are not prescribed by their organizations, they don't even visit blogs of former members. He will just argue with you to make no point.

I used to see JW as a religious organisation until Maximus69 mentioned some things in a former post that made me do research of my own.

For some reason, their members have been brainwashed and are not allowed to think for themselves. Even the bible talks about free will. We should be able to ask questions and we are not expected to dogmatically follow religion.

If your religious leader says something that you have a nudge in your heart to be wrong, you can challenge him but JW do not instead asking questions leads to you drifting away from their faith.

Maximus69 will never condemn the flaws of his cult but somehow I don't know how he fell victim of their hypnotism.

Survey shows that more than 80% of their members leave every year all over the world and that is why they keep going door to door to get people in..as they recruit, so do people discover the truth and leave them.

I asked Maximus69 to go on his knees and ask God for the truth but he replied me saying one person in his JW community has shown him the way. Imagine

Below in the picture, you'll see an example of how the brainwashing is done. Providing half information and hiding others. An example is below in the July 2017 Watchtower article titled: Propaganda - Winning the Battle for Your Mind

They wrote on page 28: "Therefore, it is likely to be most effective if people ... are discouraged from thinking critically.

What is hidden in the ellipses (...), what important information is omitted?

The quote is from page 78 of Media and Society In the Twentieth Century and in the newer edition, it's found on page 83 of "Media and Society Into the 21st Century: A Historical Introduction By Lyn Gorman, David McLean"

The full quote is:

"Therefore, it is likely to be most effective if people do not have access to multiple sources of information and if they are discouraged from thinking critically. Michael Balfour has suggested that the "best touchstone for distinguishing propaganda from science is whether a plurality of sources of information and of interpretations is being discouraged or fostered."

This is one of the methods watchtower uses to brainwash Jws, presenting one-sided information and hiding important information from them.

1 Like

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by peggywebbs(f): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
The part that upsets me the most is how they can just come up and solidly claim that other denominations are not Christians when they came into existence in the 1870s.

Does it mean that before the 1870s, there were no Christians? So the original orthodox churches that were created by the apostles and continued till date are not Christians? The penticostals who broke out are not Christians?

They rewrote a bible in their own translation that is based on the bible compiled by the church ( who they claim are not Christians only them)

Their ideas are unoriginal, they give false explanations and predictions. They keep claiming they know when the end of the world is coming. They don't believe in hell fire even when the new and old testament is clear about it.

They argue blindly, they are not ready to expose themselves to Christian programs, articles and resources except their watchtower.

They shun members who leave them and isolate them like the barbaric practice of exiling. They don't know the meaning of love and only practice their own defined way of love. They cover up crimes and are slaves to their watchtower.

Imagine people working for free to build their watchtower headquarters for four years. They don't support development and education. They don't encourage marriages with other Christians because they term others as unbelievers.

They don't believe in dreams, visions and revelations but yet according to them their elders are prophets who get messages from the divine about the events of the world.

They don't recite the national anthem imagine. Even Jesus said give to Cesar what belongs to Cesar. He never encouraged people not to be patriotic to their country.

How can a religious sector segregate people and call themselves the only Christians. How can people claim to be Christians put their faith on an organisation (Watchtower) and not God.

The bible said when Jesus said, it is finished, the veil that separated people from the alter divided giving people access to speak to God. Yet JW do not believe they can reach God except through their elders.

@Maximus69 please open the heart of your understanding and seek God for truth. Like I said earlier, no one can tell you the truth except Jesus.

Jesus says I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through him. John 14:6

Like I said to you before, put away everything you have been taught and ask God for the truth, he hears and he answers.

rottennaija:

Below in the picture, you'll see an example of how the brainwashing is done. Providing half information and hiding others. An example is below in the July 2017 Watchtower article titled: Propaganda - Winning the Battle for Your Mind

They wrote on page 28: "Therefore, it is likely to be most effective if people ... are discouraged from thinking critically.

What is hidden in the ellipses (...), what important information is omitted?

The quote is from page 78 of Media and Society In the Twentieth Century and in the newer edition, it's found on page 83 of "Media and Society Into the 21st Century: A Historical Introduction By Lyn Gorman, David McLean"

The full quote is:

"Therefore, it is likely to be most effective if people do not have access to multiple sources of information and if they are discouraged from thinking critically. Michael Balfour has suggested that the "best touchstone for distinguishing propaganda from science is whether a plurality of sources of information and of interpretations is being discouraged or fostered."

This is one of the methods watchtower uses to brainwash Jws, presenting one-sided information and hiding important information from them.

2 Likes

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2019
peggywebbs:
The part that upsets me the most is how they can just come up and solidly claim that other denominations are not Christians when they came into existence in the 1870s.

Does it mean that before the 1870s, there were no Christians? So the original orthodox churches that were created by the apostles and continued till date are not Christians? The penticostals who broke out are not Christians?

They rewrote a bible in their own translation that is based on the bible compiled by the church ( who they claim are not Christians only them)

Their ideas are unoriginal, they give false explanations and predictions. They keep claiming they know when the end of the world is coming. They don't believe in hell fire even when the new and old testament is clear about it.

They argue blindly, they are not ready to expose themselves to Christian programs, articles and resources except their watchtower.

They shun members who leave them and isolate them like the barbaric practice of exiling. They don't know the meaning of love and only practice their own defined way of love. They cover up crimes and are slaves to their watchtower.

Imagine people working for free to build their watchtower headquarters for four years. They don't support development and education. They don't encourage marriages with other Christians because they term others as unbelievers.

They don't believe in dreams, visions and revelations but yet according to them their elders are prophets who get messages from the divine about the events of the world.

They don't recite the national anthem imagine. Even Jesus said give to Cesar what belongs to Cesar. He never encouraged people not to be patriotic to their country.

How can a religious sector segregate people and call themselves the only Christians. How can people claim to be Christians put their faith on an organisation (Watchtower) and not God.

The bible said when Jesus said, it is finished, the veil that separated people from the alter divided giving people access to speak to God. Yet JW do not believe they can reach God except through their elders.

@Maximus69 please open the heart of your understanding and seek God for truth. Like I said earlier, no one can tell you the truth except Jesus.

Jesus says I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through him. John 14:6

Like I said to you before, put away everything you have been taught and ask God for the truth, he hears and he answers.

What do you expect from people that are men followers? I ones asked my brother how the Bible came about? (since Jws believe that by third century, apostate were everywhere and the church leaders were apostate).

I then told him (I believe he never knew it) the so called apostate church leaders were those who selected the writings that would make the Bible. He couldn't say a thing.

1 Like

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
peggywebbs:

They simply lack love for the truth

2 Likes

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Janosky: 1:28am On Aug 04, 2019
rottennaija:

They simply lack love for the truth
Shebi your parents & brother dey for the "they"?
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Janosky: 1:34am On Aug 04, 2019
rottennaija:

What do you expect from people that are men followers? I ones asked my brother how the Bible came about? (since Jws believe that by third century, apostate were everywhere and the church leaders were apostate).

I then told him (I believe he never knew it) the so called apostate church leaders were those who selected the writings that would make the Bible. He couldn't say a thing.
The same church leaders who persecuted and burned bible translators such as William Tyndale and others to death because he & other translators made the bible available to the masses?
Truth no dey your mouth.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Janosky: 1:38am On Aug 04, 2019
peggywebbs:

Madam ,God bless you for your junk spiced with lies. Eshe gaan.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by peggywebbs(f): 2:45am On Aug 04, 2019
Oh really? That's all you have to say? Which part did I lie about. Do you want to deny that JW are banned or restricted in Russia, Spain, China, Vietnam, Singapore and most of the Muslim countries. Even in Canada, some schools do not admit JW because they refused to recite the national anthem and acknowledge the flag.

I don't bear any grievance to JW. I was forced to find out the truth myself. My facts are not based on hearsay.

You claim that the church killed those who compiled the bible. You're funny. Even in the time of the apostles, Ananias and Sapphira lied, they were Christians and were punished but that didn't make them not Christians.

The church of God did not commit atrocities but it is man. Have you gone to the deep roots of the origin of JW? Or you just bought the idea of your cult that took one section of Revelations to identify themselves as witnesses.

Find out the truth for yourself, it is in your bible and not the watchtower.

Janosky:

2 Likes

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2019
Janosky:

The same church leaders who persecuted and burned bible translators such as William Tyndale and others to death because he & other translators made the bible available to the masses?
Truth no dey your mouth.

Which century was William Tyndale murdered? I am talking about the 3rd Century CE where the church fathers held a conference, to decide and choose which books will make up the Bible (from all the writings which were available then), the same people watchtower calls apostate but don't tell their members that this so-called apostate selected the Bible they read today (when they were supposed apostate) and here you are referring to a different time (almost 1000 years apart) of William Tyndale and others persecuted by the church.

I'm not surprised all at for it's one of the methods watchtower uses to mix up everything. Let me ask you, what were the specific beliefs of William Tyndale (you and watchtower holds in high regard today)? And if he was alive today, would the watchtower accommodate him?

1 Like

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by peggywebbs(f): 10:17am On Aug 04, 2019
Let me help you people with your history since you don't know. Every church has a beginning. Most pastors start with a calling from God but read the story you obviously were never told.

TRACT
History of the Jehovah’s Witnesses

Sixty years ago the Jehovah’s Witnesses numbered fewer than 100,000. Now there are several million of them around the world. They don’t have churches; they have “Kingdom Halls” instead. Their congregations are small, usually numbering less than 200. Most Witnesses used to be Catholics or Protestants. Let’s look at their history, because that will help us understand their unique doctrines.

The sect now known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses was started by Charles Taze Russell, who was born in 1852. He was raised a Congregationalist, but at the age of 17 he tried to convert an atheist to Christianity and ended up being converted instead—not to outright atheism, but to agnosticism. Some years later he went to an Adventist meeting, was told that Jesus would be back at any time, and got interested in the Bible.

The leading light of Adventism had been William Miller, a flamboyant preacher who predicted that the world would end in 1843. When it didn’t, he “discovered” an arithmetical error in his eschatological calculations and said it would end in 1844. When his prediction again failed, many people became frustrated and withdrew from the Adventist movement, but a remnant, led by Ellen G. White, went on to form the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

It was this diminished Adventism which influenced Russell. In 1879, he began the Watch Tower—what would later be known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the teaching organ of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. In 1908 he moved its headquarters to Brooklyn, where it has remained ever since.

Unusual Doctrines

Russell taught his followers the nonexistence of hell and the annihilation of unsaved people (a doctrine he picked up from the Adventists), the nonexistence of the Trinity (he said only the Father, Jehovah, is God), the identification of Jesus with Michael the Archangel, the reduction of the Holy Spirit from a person to a force, the mortality (not immortality) of the soul, and the return of Jesus in 1914.

When 1914 had come and gone with no Jesus in sight, Russell modified his teachings and claimed Jesus had, in fact, returned to Earth, but that his return was invisible. His visible return would come later, but still very soon. It would result in the final conflict between God and the Devil—the forces of good and the forces of evil—in which God would be victorious. This conflict is known to Witnesses as the battle of Armageddon, and just about everything the Witnesses teach centers around this doctrine.

Russell died in 1916 and was succeeded by “Judge” Joseph R. Rutherford. Rutherford, born in 1869, he never was a real judge, but took the title because, as an attorney, he substituted at least once for an absent judge. At one time he claimed Russell was next to Paul as an expounder of the gospel, but later, in an effort to have his writings supplant Russell’s, he let Russell’s books go out of print. It was Rutherford who coined the slogan, “Millions now living will never die.” By it he meant that some people alive in 1914 would still be alive when Armageddon came and the world was restored to a paradise state.

In 1931 he changed the name of the sect to the Jehovah’s Witnesses, which he based on Isaiah 43:10 (“‘You are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘even my servant whom I have chosen,’” New World Translation). As an organizer, he equipped missionaries with portable phonographs, which they took door to door along with records of Rutherford. They didn’t have to say much when they came calling; all they had to do was put on Rutherford’s record. He displayed a marked hatred for Catholicism on his radio program and in the pamphlets he wrote. Later his successors tempered the sect’s anti-Catholicism, but Awake! and The Watchtower still carry anti-Catholic articles every few issues.

Rutherford said that in 1925 Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the prophets would return to Earth, and for them he prepared a mansion named Beth Sarim in San Diego, California. He moved into this mansion (where he died in 1942). The Watchtower Society quietly sold Beth Sarim years later to cover up an embarrassing moment in their history, namely another failed prophecy.

Trained to Give Testimonies

Rutherford was succeeded by Nathan Homer Knorr, who was born in 1905 and died in 1977. Knorr got rid of the phonographs and insisted that the missionaries be trained in door-to-door evangelism techniques. The Witnesses now have a reputation as skillful deliverers of “personal testimonies.”

Since the Bible, as preserved through the centuries, did not support the peculiar doctrines of the Witnesses, Knorr chose an anonymous committee to produce the New World Translation. By means of former Witnesses, the names of the five members of the translation committee eventually came to light. Four of the five members completely lacked credentials as Bible translators, and the fifth studied non-biblical Greek for only about two years.

The New World Translation was produced because it buttresses Witnesses’ beliefs through inaccurate renderings. For example, to prove that Jesus was only a creature, not God, the New World Translation’s rendering of John 1:1 concludes this way: “and the Word was a god” [italics added]. Every other translation, Catholic and Protestant—not to mention the Greek original—has “and the Word was God.”

What Happened to Armageddon?

Knorr was succeeded as head of the Jehovah’s Witnesses by Frederick Franz. He had been the Witnesses’ leading theologian. For some years the sect’s magazines had been predicting that Armageddon would occur in 1975. When it didn’t, Franz had to find an explanation.

Witnesses believe that Adam was created in 4026 B.C. and that human beings have been allotted 6000 years of existence until Armageddon and the beginning of the millennium. This figure is based on a “creative week” in which each of six days is equal to 1,000 years, with the Sabbath or seventh day being the beginning of the millennium. Simple arithmetic gives 1975 as the year Armageddon would arrive. Franz explained that Armageddon would actually come 6000 years after Eve’s creation. But when 1975 came and went, the Witnesses had to “adjust” their chronology to cover up a failed prediction. They accomplished this by maintaining that no one knew exactly how long after Adam’s creation Eve came on the scene. Franz said that it was months—even years. Hence he was able to “stretch” the 1975 date to some indeterminate time in the future.

When the final battle does occur—remember, it was supposed to be during the lifetime of “millions” of people alive in 1914—Jehovah will defeat Satan and the elect will go to heaven to rule with Christ. But, following a literal interpretation of the number mentioned in Revelation, chapters 7 and 14, only 144,000 are among the elect. They will go to heaven as spirit persons (without resurrected bodies). The remaining faithful (Jehovah’s Witnesses), who are known as Jonadabs, will live forever on a renewed, paradise Earth in resurrected bodies. The unsaved will cease to exist at all, having been annihilated by Jehovah.

Franz was succeeded as president of the Watchtower in 1993 by Milton Henschel, who has continued the aggressive evangelization tactics of his predecessors. In 1995 the Watchtower quietly changed one of its major prophetic doctrines. Until this point, they had maintained that the generation alive in 1914 would not pass from the scene until Armageddon occurred. Now that this generation has almost entirely died out they had to change their doctrine. Now, the Watchtower says that Armageddon will simply occur “soon,” and it is no longer tied to a particular, literal generation of people.

How They Make Converts

Most religions welcome converts, and the Witnesses’ very reason for existence is to make them. To accomplish this they follow several steps.

First they try to get a copy of one of their magazines into the hands of a prospective convert. They lead off with a question designed to tap into universal concerns such as, “How would you like to live in a world without sickness, war, poverty, or any other problem?” If the prospect is willing to speak with them, they arrange what’s known as a “back call”—that is, they return in a week or so for more discussions. This can be kept up indefinitely.

At some point the missionaries invite the prospect to a Bible study. This is not the usual sort of Bible study, where passages are examined in light of context, original word meaning, relevance to other verses in Scripture, etc. Instead, this “Bible study” is really an exposition of Witness doctrine by means of Watchtower literature. Simple questions are presented in the literature which are derived directly from the text. The answers, therefore, are readily discernible, making the prospective convert feel spiritually astute. If he progresses well, he’s invited to a larger Bible study, which may be held at a Kingdom Hall.

About this time he’s invited to attend a Sunday service. At the Kingdom Hall, the prospect hears a Witness discuss a few verses of Scripture and how those verses can be explained to non-Witnesses or be used to “refute” standard Christian doctrines such as the Trinity, hell, the immortality of the soul, etc.

Sharing Techniques

The prospective convert gets still more of this if he proceeds to the next step, which consists of going to meetings on Wednesday or Thursday nights. At those meetings Witnesses trade stories, explain how they’ve done that week in going door-to-door, figure out better ways to get the message across, and log their hours. (Every month each Kingdom Hall mails to the headquarters in Brooklyn a detailed log of activities.)

If the prospect goes through all these steps, he’s ready for admission to the sect. That involves baptism by immersion and agreeing to work actively as a missionary Witnesses will typically spend 60-100 hours each month in their evangelizing work.

Life as a Witness

Although not every Witness can put in so many hours, every Witness is expected to do what he can by way of missionary work. There is no separate, ordained ministry. Their sect operates no hospitals, orphanages, schools, colleges, or social welfare agencies. From their perspective it will all disappear in a few years anyway, so they don’t expend their energies in these areas.

Jehovah’s Witnesses live under a strict regimen. They may be “disfellowshipped” for a variety of reasons, such as attending a Catholic or Protestant church or receiving a blood transfusion. Disfellowshipping is the sect’s equivalent of excommunication. A disfellowshipped Witness may attend a Kingdom Hall, but he is not allowed to speak to anyone, and no one may speak to him. This applies even to his family, who may only communicate with him as much as absolutely necessary.

They recognize the legitimacy of no governmental authority, since they believe all earthly authority is of Satan. They will not serve in the military, salute the flag, say the Pledge of Allegiance, vote, run for office, or serve as officials of labor unions.

No matter how peculiar their doctrines, they deserve to be complimented on their single-minded zeal. However, as Paul might have said concerning them, “I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge” (Rom. 10:2, NIV).

NIHIL OBSTAT: I have concluded that the materials
presented in this work are free of doctrinal or moral errors.
Bernadeane Carr, STL, Censor Librorum, August 10, 2004

IMPRIMATUR: In accord with 1983 CIC 827
permission to publish this work is hereby granted.
+Robert H. Brom, Bishop of San Diego, August 10, 2004

1 Like

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 10:45am On Aug 04, 2019
Janosky:

Shebi your parents & brother dey for the "they"?

My family is waking up slowly. I can say categorically that more than 50% are awoke, others are at various stages of waking up. So, yes, they include them.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Janosky: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2019
rottennaija:

Which century was William Tyndale murdered? I am talking about the 3rd Century CE where the church fathers held a conference, to decide and choose which books will make up the Bible (from all the writings which were available then), the same people watchtower calls apostate but don't tell their members that this so-called apostate selected the Bible they read today (when they were supposed apostate) and here you are referring to a different time (almost 1000 years apart) of William Tyndale and others persecuted by the church.

I'm not surprised all at for it's one of the methods watchtower uses to mix up everything. Let me ask you, what were the specific beliefs of William Tyndale (you and watchtower holds in high regard today)? And if he was alive today, would the watchtower accommodate him?

After the 3rd century the Church Fathers conference, Rottennaija I challenge you to tell this Forum what happened thereafter , how the Bible's availability spread to every nook and cranny .

I challenge you to provide proof that JWs called the 3rd century Church Fathers "apostates".
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2019
Janosky:

After the 3rd century the Church Fathers conference, Rottennaija I challenge you to tell this Forum what happened thereafter , how the Bible's availability spread to every nook and cranny .

I challenge you to provide proof that JWs called the 3rd century Church Fathers "apostates".

First of all, for all your rant up and down in this forum, you have no idea of your history? Secondly, you cannot tell us which century your William Tyndale lived and how it relates to the church fathers who selected the book that now make up the Bible.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Janosky: 11:11am On Aug 04, 2019
peggywebbs:
Oh really? That's all you have to say? Which part did I lie about. Do you want to deny that JW are banned or restricted in Russia, Spain, China, Vietnam, Singapore and most of the Muslim countries. Even in Canada, some schools do not admit JW because they refused to recite the national anthem and acknowledge the flag.

I don't bear any grievance to JW. I was forced to find out the truth myself. My facts are not based on hearsay.

You claim that the church killed those who compiled the bible. You're funny. Even in the time of the apostles, Ananias and Sapphira lied, they were Christians and were punished but that didn't make them not Christians.

The church of God did not commit atrocities but it is man. Have you gone to the deep roots of the origin of JW? Or you just bought the idea of your cult that took one section of Revelations to identify themselves as witnesses.

Find out the truth for yourself, it is in your bible and not the watchtower.

"You claim that the church killed those who
compiled the bible. You're funny. "
** You're fond of twisting and distortion.
You're NOT honest.
"The church of God did not commit atrocities
but it is man"

** Tell yourself the truth, dear. Lols.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Janosky: 11:15am On Aug 04, 2019
rottennaija:

First of all, for all your rant up and down in this forum, you have no idea of your history? Secondly, you cannot tell us which century your William Tyndale lived and how it relates to the church fathers who selected the book that now make up the Bible.

Lols..... I challenge you to provide those proofs.
You don't know the history of JWs, or you pretend not to know.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Janosky: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2019
rottennaija:

My family is waking up slowly. I can say categorically that more than 50% are awoke, others are at various stages of waking up. So, yes, they include them.

No, your "family is waking up slowly" to the realization that you're in sifia pains on NL Forum.....
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by peggywebbs(f): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2019
Interesting how easy it is for me to drive lies from actual facts. You claim it was the church leaders that executed Tyndale Williams for making the bible available and many others.

Please go and study your history well well. King Henry VIII was a very crazy king and he was the one who ordered the execution of the Tyndale because he did not want to support the divorce of the King and Katherine.

If you go further to study, you would also know that it was the same king that ordered his execution that also insisted that the translations of the bible be released all over England.

You obviously didn't know that..your JW community only told you church leaders killed Tyndale. Please go and learn the truth and it shall set you free.

Henry VIII killed every one for the crime of heresy, remember Lady Ann and others? Of course you will want to rope the religious leaders of the church who were corrupted by the King to support your point.

You are arguing on matters based on an era where the church was under the control of the King of England and the Roman Emperor. Interesting

It doesn't still change the fact that the Church and every other denomination are Christians.

No denomination is free from crimes. Take for example your acclaimed JW, which have been known to consist of child molesters all over the world. I know of even one that happened personally to one of my family, and your church covered it instead of prosecuting the member.

Janosky:

"You claim that the church killed those who
compiled the bible. You're funny. "
** You're fond of twisting and distortion.
You're NOT honest.
"The church of God did not commit atrocities
but it is man"

** Tell yourself the truth, dear. Lols.

1 Like

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 11:45am On Aug 04, 2019
Janosky:

No, your "family is waking up slowly" to the realization that you're in sifia pains on NL Forum.....

I'm gazing you aren't happy about. That's right, in 50 years time, the JWs will be struggling to defend themselves from themselves.

1 Like

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2019
Janosky:

Lols..... I challenge you to provide those proofs.
You don't know the history of JWs, or you pretend not to know.

Lol, you're talking of the church fathers who prosecuted your beloved William Tyndale and others. When I drew your attention to what you didn't know of before, you are asking me for proof.

William Tyndale was born in 1494. The church fathers that (that according to WT were supposed apostate) selected and compiled which would make the Bible was in the 3rd century CE.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2019
peggywebbs:
Interesting how easy it is for me to drive lies from actual facts. You claim it was the church leaders that executed Tyndale Williams for making the bible available and many others.

Please go and study your history well well. King Henry VIII was a very crazy king and he was the one who ordered the execution of the Tyndale because he did not want to support the divorce of the King and Katherine.

If you go further to study, you would also know that it was the same king that ordered his execution that also insisted that the translations of the bible be released all over England.

You obviously didn't know that..your JW community only told you church leaders killed Tyndale. Please go and learn the truth and it shall set you free.

Henry VIII killed every one for the crime of heresy, remember Lady Ann and others? Of course you will want to rope the religious leaders of the church who were corrupted by the King to support your point.

You are arguing on matters based on an era where the church was under the control of the King of England and the Roman Emperor. Interesting

It doesn't still change the fact that the Church and every other denomination are Christians.

No denomination is free from crimes. Take for example your acclaimed JW, which have been known to consist of child molesters all over the world. I know of even one that happened personally to one of my family, and your church covered it instead of prosecuting the member.

Do you want to mind the liar? Most Jws are basically liars, I was discussing with a friend yesterday and he was talking about the power play among elders of his congregation. The scheming, the deception, the plots and counter plots (this friend is fully awake but an elder).

Why wouldn't he lie? Doesn't watchtower lie too?
And now, he is trying to change the subject after he is caught in his ignorance and self deception.

2 Likes

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Janosky: 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2019
quote author=peggywebbs post=80924236]Let me help you people with your history since you don't know. Every church has a beginning. Most pastors start with a calling from God but read the story you obviously were never told.

TRACT

Since the Bible, as preserved through the centuries, did not support the peculiar doctrines of the Witnesses, Knorr chose an anonymous committee to produce the New World Translation. By means of former Witnesses, the names of the five members of the translation committee eventually came to light. Four of the five members completely lacked credentials as Bible translators, and the fifth studied non-biblical Greek for only about two years.

The New World Translation was produced because it buttresses Witnesses’ beliefs through inaccurate renderings. For example, to prove that Jesus was only a creature, not God, the New World Translation’s rendering of John 1:1 concludes this way: “and the Word was a god” [italics added]. Every other translation, Catholic and Protestant—not to mention the Greek original—has “and the Word was God.”

[/quote]

More LIES and distortion.
1) The history of JWs predates Mr Russell.
Isaiah 43:10-12. Acts3:13. Mark1:14,15. John7:16. Romans1:1. Acts8:12. Heb12:1,2. Rev3:14

**2 John Wycliffe translated the first Bible in English ,yet he was NEVER knowledgeable in
Greek or Hebrew language.

JWs NEVER said the world would end in 1975.

3) Other variations of rendering, both in
translation or paraphrase, John 1:1c also
exist:

1808: "and the Word was a god" –
Thomas Belsham The New Testament, in
an Improved Version, Upon the Basis of
Archbishop Newcome ’s New Translation:
With a Corrected Text, London.
1822: "and the Word was a god" – The
New Testament in Greek and English (A.
Kneeland, 1822.)
1829: "and the Word was a god" – The
Monotessaron; or, The Gospel History
According to the Four Evangelists (J. S.
Thompson, 1829)
1863: "and the Word was a god" – A
Literal Translation of the New Testament
(Herman Heinfetter [Pseudonym of
Frederick Parker], 1863)

1864: "and a god was the Word" – The
Emphatic Diaglott by Benjamin Wilson ,
New York and London (left hand column
interlinear reading)
1867: "and the Son was of God" – The
Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
1879: "and the Word was a god" – Das
Evangelium nach Johannes (J. Becker,
1979)
1885: "and the Word was a god" –
Concise Commentary on The Holy Bible
( R. Young , 1885)
1911: "and [a] God was the word" – The
Coptic Version of the New Testament in
the Southern Dialect, by George William
Horner . [17]
1924: "the Logos was divine" – The Bible:
James Moffatt Translation , by James
Moffatt. [18]
1935: "and the Word was divine" – The
Bible: An American Translation , by John
M. P. Smith and Edgar J. Goodspeed ,
Chicago. [19]
1955: "so the Word was divine" – The
Authentic New Testament , by Hugh J.
Schonfield , Aberdeen. [20]
1956: "And the Word was as to His
essence absolute deity" – The Wuest
Expanded Translation [21]
1958: "and the Word was a god" – The
New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour
Jesus Anointed (J. L. Tomanec, 1958);

1975 "and a god (or, of a divine kind)
was the Word" – Das Evangelium nach
Johnnes , by Siegfried Schulz, Göttingen,
Germany
1975: "and the Word was a god" – Das
Evangelium nach Johannes (S. Schulz,
1975);
1978: "and godlike sort was the Logos" –
Das Evangelium nach Johannes , by
Johannes Schneider, Berlin
1985: “So the Word was divine” - The
Original New Testament , by Hugh J.
Schonfield . [22]
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2019
rottennaija:

Actually, I don't need to force it on them. They have accepted Jesus as their one and true mediator, something jws don't accept because their governing body says they shouldn't. Such idolatry.

@bolded

Those churchgoers have accepted Jesus as their one and true mediator. But Jesus asked his followers to

¤Go and make disciples by preaching and teaching! Matthew 28:19-20

¤Inculcate in the minds of their audience the importance of God's Kingdom! Matthew 10:7

¤Maintain neutrality during racial conflicts! Matthew 26:52

¤Stay away from ruling over others{Politics}! Matthew 23:10-12

¤Harmless as dove{Military services}! Matthew 10:16

All of these and many more, Jehovah's Witnesses have made mandatory amongst them when all other religious groups failed woefully!

Yet you're saying JWs don't Jesus as their commander but their Governing Body, right?

Well it's like this GB of Jehovah's Witnesses are the one and only instrument Jesus is using to actualise all the things he commanded{Matthew 28:20} otherwise they can't be in US yet having such strong influence on people from different countries, cultures and traditions just like that! Matthew 19:26 wink

1 Like

Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by FACTORIALS: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2019
peggywebbs:
Let me help you people with your history since you don't know. Every church has a beginning. Most pastors start with a calling from God but read the story you obviously were never told.

TRACT

Sixty years ago the Jehovah’s Witnesses numbered fewer than 100,000. Now there are several million of them around the world. They don’t have churches; they have “Kingdom Halls” instead. Their congregations are small, usually numbering less than 200. Most Witnesses used to be Catholics or Protestants. Let’s look at their history, because that will help us understand their unique doctrines.

The sect now known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses was started by Charles Taze Russell, who was born in 1852. He was raised a Congregationalist, but at the age of 17 he tried to convert an atheist to Christianity and ended up being converted instead—not to outright atheism, but to agnosticism. Some years later he went to an Adventist meeting, was told that Jesus would be back at any time, and got interested in the Bible.

The leading light of Adventism had been William Miller, a flamboyant preacher who predicted that the world would end in 1843. When it didn’t, he “discovered” an arithmetical error in his eschatological calculations and said it would end in 1844. When his prediction again failed, many people became frustrated and withdrew from the Adventist movement, but a remnant, led by Ellen G. White, went on to form the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

It was this diminished Adventism which influenced Russell. In 1879, he began the Watch Tower—what would later be known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the teaching organ of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. In 1908 he moved its headquarters to Brooklyn, where it has remained ever since.

Unusual Doctrines

Russell taught his followers the nonexistence of hell and the annihilation of unsaved people (a doctrine he picked up from the Adventists), the nonexistence of the Trinity (he said only the Father, Jehovah, is God), the identification of Jesus with Michael the Archangel, the reduction of the Holy Spirit from a person to a force, the mortality (not immortality) of the soul, and the return of Jesus in 1914.

When 1914 had come and gone with no Jesus in sight, Russell modified his teachings and claimed Jesus had, in fact, returned to Earth, but that his return was invisible. His visible return would come later, but still very soon. It would result in the final conflict between God and the Devil—the forces of good and the forces of evil—in which God would be victorious. This conflict is known to Witnesses as the battle of Armageddon, and just about everything the Witnesses teach centers around this doctrine.

Russell died in 1916 and was succeeded by “Judge” Joseph R. Rutherford. Rutherford, born in 1869, he never was a real judge, but took the title because, as an attorney, he substituted at least once for an absent judge. At one time he claimed Russell was next to Paul as an expounder of the gospel, but later, in an effort to have his writings supplant Russell’s, he let Russell’s books go out of print. It was Rutherford who coined the slogan, “Millions now living will never die.” By it he meant that some people alive in 1914 would still be alive when Armageddon came and the world was restored to a paradise state.

In 1931 he changed the name of the sect to the Jehovah’s Witnesses, which he based on Isaiah 43:10 (“‘You are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘even my servant whom I have chosen,’” New World Translation). As an organizer, he equipped missionaries with portable phonographs, which they took door to door along with records of Rutherford. They didn’t have to say much when they came calling; all they had to do was put on Rutherford’s record. He displayed a marked hatred for Catholicism on his radio program and in the pamphlets he wrote. Later his successors tempered the sect’s anti-Catholicism, but Awake! and The Watchtower still carry anti-Catholic articles every few issues.

Rutherford said that in 1925 Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the prophets would return to Earth, and for them he prepared a mansion named Beth Sarim in San Diego, California. He moved into this mansion (where he died in 1942). The Watchtower Society quietly sold Beth Sarim years later to cover up an embarrassing moment in their history, namely another failed prophecy.

Trained to Give Testimonies

Rutherford was succeeded by Nathan Homer Knorr, who was born in 1905 and died in 1977. Knorr got rid of the phonographs and insisted that the missionaries be trained in door-to-door evangelism techniques. The Witnesses now have a reputation as skillful deliverers of “personal testimonies.”

What Happened to Armageddon?

Knorr was succeeded as head of the Jehovah’s Witnesses by Frederick Franz. He had been the Witnesses’ leading theologian. For some years the sect’s magazines had been predicting that Armageddon would occur in 1975. When it didn’t, Franz had to find an explanation.

Witnesses believe that Adam was created in 4026 B.C. and that human beings have been allotted 6000 years of existence until Armageddon and the beginning of the millennium. This figure is based on a “creative week” in which each of six days is equal to 1,000 years, with the Sabbath or seventh day being the beginning of the millennium. Simple arithmetic gives 1975 as the year Armageddon would arrive. Franz explained that Armageddon would actually come 6000 years after Eve’s creation. But when 1975 came and went, the Witnesses had to “adjust” their chronology to cover up a failed prediction. They accomplished this by maintaining that no one knew exactly how long after Adam’s creation Eve came on the scene. Franz said that it was months—even years. Hence he was able to “stretch” the 1975 date to some indeterminate time in the future.

When the final battle does occur—remember, it was supposed to be during the lifetime of “millions” of people alive in 1914—Jehovah will defeat Satan and the elect will go to heaven to rule with Christ. But, following a literal interpretation of the number mentioned in Revelation, chapters 7 and 14, only 144,000 are among the elect. They will go to heaven as spirit persons (without resurrected bodies). The remaining faithful (Jehovah’s Witnesses), who are known as Jonadabs, will live forever on a renewed, paradise Earth in resurrected bodies. The unsaved will cease to exist at all, having been annihilated by Jehovah.

Franz was succeeded as president of the Watchtower in 1993 by Milton Henschel, who has continued the aggressive evangelization tactics of his predecessors. In 1995 the Watchtower quietly changed one of its major prophetic doctrines. Until this point, they had maintained that the generation alive in 1914 would not pass from the scene until Armageddon occurred. Now that this generation has almost entirely died out they had to change their doctrine. Now, the Watchtower says that Armageddon will simply occur “soon,” and it is no longer tied to a particular, literal generation of people.

How They Make Converts

Most religions welcome converts, and the Witnesses’ very reason for existence is to make them. To accomplish this they follow several steps.

First they try to get a copy of one of their magazines into the hands of a prospective convert. They lead off with a question designed to tap into universal concerns such as, “How would you like to live in a world without sickness, war, poverty, or any other problem?” If the prospect is willing to speak with them, they arrange what’s known as a “back call”—that is, they return in a week or so for more discussions. This can be kept up indefinitely.

At some point the missionaries invite the prospect to a Bible study. This is not the usual sort of Bible study, where passages are examined in light of context, original word meaning, relevance to other verses in Scripture, etc. Instead, this “Bible study” is really an exposition of Witness doctrine by means of Watchtower literature. Simple questions are presented in the literature which are derived directly from the text. The answers, therefore, are readily discernible, making the prospective convert feel spiritually astute. If he progresses well, he’s invited to a larger Bible study, which may be held at a Kingdom Hall.

About this time he’s invited to attend a Sunday service. At the Kingdom Hall, the prospect hears a Witness discuss a few verses of Scripture and how those verses can be explained to non-Witnesses or be used to “refute” standard Christian doctrines such as the Trinity, hell, the immortality of the soul, etc.

Sharing Techniques

The prospective convert gets still more of this if he proceeds to the next step, which consists of going to meetings on Wednesday or Thursday nights. At those meetings Witnesses trade stories, explain how they’ve done that week in going door-to-door, figure out better ways to get the message across, and log their hours. (Every month each Kingdom Hall mails to the headquarters in Brooklyn a detailed log of activities.)

If the prospect goes through all these steps, he’s ready for admission to the sect. That involves baptism by immersion and agreeing to work actively as a missionary Witnesses will typically spend 60-100 hours each month in their evangelizing work.

Life as a Witness

Although not every Witness can put in so many hours, every Witness is expected to do what he can by way of missionary work. There is no separate, ordained ministry. Their sect operates no hospitals, orphanages, schools, colleges, or social welfare agencies. From their perspective it will all disappear in a few years anyway, so they don’t expend their energies in these areas.

Jehovah’s Witnesses live under a strict regimen. They may be “disfellowshipped” for a variety of reasons, such as attending a Catholic or Protestant church or receiving a blood transfusion. Disfellowshipping is the sect’s equivalent of excommunication. A disfellowshipped Witness may attend a Kingdom Hall, but he is not allowed to speak to anyone, and no one may speak to him. This applies even to his family, who may only communicate with him as much as absolutely necessary.

They recognize the legitimacy of no governmental authority, since they believe all earthly authority is of Satan. They will not serve in the military, salute the flag, say the Pledge of Allegiance, vote, run for office, or serve as officials of labor unions.

No matter how peculiar their doctrines, they deserve to be complimented on their single-minded zeal. However, as Paul might have said concerning them, “I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge” (Rom. 10:2, NIV).

Wonderful.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Janosky: 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2019
peggywebbs:

Na only king henry murder bible translators?
You claimed to know a child molester, naim you no go prosecute am ?
You wey get the evidence, na JW say make you go no prosecute am?
You begin dey LIE say na cover up.

How many child molesters you done prosecute for your church?

If thief break into your house, shebi you go provoke for your pastors why they no go report the crime to Police?
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by FACTORIALS: 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
Janosky:
quote author=peggywebbs post=80924236]Let me help you people with your history since you don't know. Every church has a beginning. Most pastors start with a calling from God but read the story you obviously were never told.

TRACT

More LIES and distortion.
1) The history of JWs predates Mr Russell.
Isaiah 43:10-12. Acts3:13. Mark1:14,15. John7:16. Romans1:1. Acts8:12. Heb12:1,2. Rev3:14

**2 John Wycliffe translated the first Bible in English ,yet he was NEVER knowledgeable in
Greek or Hebrew language.

JWs NEVER said the world would end in 1975.

3) Other variations of rendering, both in
translation or paraphrase, John 1:1c also
exist:

1808: "and the Word was a god" –
Thomas Belsham The New Testament, in
an Improved Version, Upon the Basis of
Archbishop Newcome ’s New Translation:
With a Corrected Text, London.
1822: "and the Word was a god" – The
New Testament in Greek and English (A.
Kneeland, 1822.)
1829: "and the Word was a god" – The
Monotessaron; or, The Gospel History
According to the Four Evangelists (J. S.
Thompson, 1829)
1863: "and the Word was a god" – A
Literal Translation of the New Testament
(Herman Heinfetter [Pseudonym of
Frederick Parker], 1863)

1864: "and a god was the Word" – The
Emphatic Diaglott by Benjamin Wilson ,
New York and London (left hand column
interlinear reading)
1867: "and the Son was of God" – The
Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
1879: "and the Word was a god" – Das
Evangelium nach Johannes (J. Becker,
1979)
1885: "and the Word was a god" –
Concise Commentary on The Holy Bible
( R. Young , 1885)
1911: "and [a] God was the word" – The
Coptic Version of the New Testament in
the Southern Dialect, by George William
Horner . [17]
1924: "the Logos was divine" – The Bible:
James Moffatt Translation , by James
Moffatt. [18]
1935: "and the Word was divine" – The
Bible: An American Translation , by John
M. P. Smith and Edgar J. Goodspeed ,
Chicago. [19]
1955: "so the Word was divine" – The
Authentic New Testament , by Hugh J.
Schonfield , Aberdeen. [20]
1956: "And the Word was as to His
essence absolute deity" – The Wuest
Expanded Translation [21]
1958: "and the Word was a god" – The
New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour
Jesus Anointed (J. L. Tomanec, 1958);

1975 "and a god (or, of a divine kind)
was the Word" – Das Evangelium nach
Johnnes , by Siegfried Schulz, Göttingen,
Germany
1975: "and the Word was a god" – Das
Evangelium nach Johannes (S. Schulz,
1975);
1978: "and godlike sort was the Logos" –
Das Evangelium nach Johannes , by
Johannes Schneider, Berlin
1985: “So the Word was divine” - The
Original New Testament , by Hugh J.
Schonfield . [22]

Wonderful.
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
Janosky:

Let her be! cheesy

She's seriously searching for a good believer to marry her but unfortunately the only place where she could find such faithful and loyal prospective husbands is amongst JWs.
And she's not comfortable that JWs don't accept her as a believer whom they can hook up with in the Lord!

So let her continue deceiving herself, if there's true faith in the place where she worships. They won't be arguing endlessly over how women should or shouldn't be treated, when JW wives are already perceiving the aroma of Paradise as we're coddling and pampering them like queens! 1Peter 3:7 wink
Re: My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders by rottennaija(m): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
Maximus69:

@bolded

Those churchgoers have accepted Jesus as their one and true mediator. But Jesus asked his followers to

¤Go and make disciples by preaching and teaching! Matthew 28:19-20

¤Inculcate in the minds of their audience the importance of God's Kingdom! Matthew 10:7

¤Maintain neutrality during racial conflicts! Matthew 26:52

¤Stay away from ruling over others{Politics}! Matthew 23:10-12

¤Harmless as dove{Military services}! Matthew 10:16

All of these and many more, Jehovah's Witnesses have made mandatory amongst them when all other religious groups failed woefully!

Yet you're saying JWs don't Jesus as their commander but their Governing Body, right?

Well it's like this GB of Jehovah's Witnesses are the one and only instrument Jesus is using to actualise all the things he commanded{Matthew 28:20} otherwise they can't be in US yet having such strong influence on people from different countries, cultures and traditions just like that! Matthew 19:26 wink

Do the GB rule over Jws? Do the elders rule over members of the congregation? Matthew 23:10-12

Is the watchtower politically neutral? Did they join the United Nation? Do they lobby Government? Do they condemn the killings that happen in Texas and Ohio that leaves 29 death? Do they condemn the boko haram killings happening? Do they condemn the persecution Christians are passing through in many countries? Matthew 26:52 Mt 5:44

Does the watchtower had shares in companies that produce high grade military equipments? Do they have shares in companies that produces cigarettes? Have they been having this shares for more than 20 years?

The pope is based in Italy with strong influence over the world. The seventh days advert is based in US with strong influence over the world just to name a few. It does seem Jesus is using them all. They are so many religious groups all over the world, but don't worry, each claims to be the only true religion.

I have observed catholic, Full life, Redeem, Advent, Christiandelphia etc, they all inculcate importance of God's kingdom in their members.Matthew 10:7

If Catholics, Redeem, Seventh days advent etc were not obeying the command to make disciples, how then do they grow in numbers so that they are numbered in millions? I have lived in my present place for more than 3 years, I saw Jws only on about 5 occasions, but I see other religious groups coming often to preach to me.
Matthew 28:19-20

Maximus69, try and get some sense. Read the scriptures below.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES / Apostle Joshua Selman Expose The Secret To His Miracles,signs And Wonders / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 214
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.