Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Pls Advice Me - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Advice Me (238 Views)

Please Advice Me On These Two Jobs / Help Advice Me; Can It Be Real? / Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice Me by angelbammy19: 11:20am On Aug 02, 2019
I have a BSc degree in Physics with a Third Class (Hons)... The class of degree doesn't reflect my true intelligence as i really understood the course well....i finished with this class of degree cos i was a victim of some particular circumstances.

During my Nysc days, I teach physics and my students and fellow teachers are awe of my level of understanding of d course due to d way i make it so easy for d student to understand....

I'm through with Nysc and i want to apply for a teaching job in one of the top High school in town, I'm contemplating if my class of degree will not be a hinderance for me in securing d job or what do u think i can do to increase my chance to get the job...

Be sincere with no abuse pls....Thanks
Re: Pls Advice Me by yanabasee(m): 11:27am On Aug 02, 2019
I studied physics too and you don't have any hindrance. Just make sure that you get to the oral test stage.
Re: Pls Advice Me by tosbobby(m): 11:55am On Aug 02, 2019
Hi,
Some employers have the understanding that poor academic result doesn't connote poor output if given opportunity while some will not even want to come in contact if people with low degree result.
It depends on the person reviewing your CV
Since you said you are very good teaching the subject, no problem but if you have money you can still try to enroll for PGD at National Open University or any other reputable institution.
Regards.
Re: Pls Advice Me by Prinss: 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2019
PREFERABLE SOLUTION(long process):
- While working re-enrol for an undergraduate degree program as a Direct Entry candidate. And ensure to graduate this time with nothing less than a second class upper division grade.

QUICK FIX:
- Go do a PGD and follow it up with a Masters degree immediately.

In between you should get involved with as many associations and societies related to your field, as this comes with professional certifications and awards which should show as an evidence, how good you are.
Remember "Action speaks louder than words".

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accountant Needed At Telecoms Company In VI / There Is A Teaching And Non-teaching Job Opening In Uyo / School Staff Vacancies In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.