Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,919 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) (27728 Views)

Nnewi Rebrands Its Security Outfit, Gets 7 Vehicles (Photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Snubs Innoson Ambulance, Buys Foreign Vehicles (Photos) / Army Shows Its Latest Made In Nigeria Mine And Bomb Resistant Vehicles (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) by deenee: 9:38am On Aug 03, 2019
This is a good initiative. The vendor has a mechanic village in the state where local artisans are trained and employed.

For the people saying 2m per car is steep pls know that these gov officials don't buy tokunboh cars. They go for new ones and the prices are over invoiced.

Secondly this will also put a stop to this mentality of people taking government property away when they leave office

Finally and looking at this from an analysis point of view..2m average...not all the cars are 15 years old there are some that are 4-5 years old and i can even see some new version toyota and pick up trucks there meaning that price per repair would vary.

Overall a good initiative. God bless Nigeria
Re: Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) by deavicky(m): 11:36am On Aug 03, 2019
NGpatriot:

You assumed wrong, they cost more than 10 million.
go back to pictures and look very well. Majority of the cars are not up to 2014 model.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) by NGpatriot: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2019
deavicky:
go back to pictures and look very well. Majority of the cars are not up to 2014 model.

You did not say anything about models, you assumed that new ones cost 10 million and I said they cost more than that. Regardless of the models, new ones cost from 15-20 million plus whatever options included.

Go and find out the exact cost of a new Toyota and multiply by 30.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) by Charly68: 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2019
God bless the amiable Governor,you have shown others that until we begin to run Government on an efficient basis the wastage will continue ..What you did is an efficient management. Many Governors are effective but it efficient. They care less about the cost of their projects .
Re: Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) by Rasengan02(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2019
luminouz:

You can buy a brand new Toyota corolla for 3M?? undecided
Where? In your dreams I guess
People like you will never see the good in others!
And someone like you would see good in people? Why don't you just look and see what year of corolla was refurbished for #3m other than just coming here to rant? I can see you have little or no experience in automobile repairs et AL. So I give it to you to make that research and then come back with your findings since you are the one that sees good in everyone.... Yeye dey smell
Re: Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) by luminouz(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2019
Rasengan02:

And someone like you would see good in people? Why don't you just look and see what year of corolla was refurbished for #3m other than just coming here to rant? I can see you have little or no experience in automobile repairs et AL. So I give it to you to make that research and then come back with your findings since you are the one that sees good in everyone.... Yeye dey smell

Its not 3M! 65M divided by 30 vehicles is just 2.2M,so get your facts right.

You haven't answered my questions. Where can you get a brand new corolla for 3M naira?
Re: Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) by mekuxiani(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2019
luminouz:

Read before you quote na. It won't kill u! undecided
meaning
Re: Governor Akeredolu Saves N463M On 30 Reconditioned Vehicles (Photos) by Junior66(m): 6:26am On Aug 07, 2019
NGpatriot:

Why pay millions for dozens of Tokunbo cars with unknown history and origin and without any guaranteed working condition?

It makes more sense to employ local workshops not only to create jobs, but also to work on the cars and guarantee their functionality.

The process and idea of patronizing local workshops to undertake such jobs is building capacity, boosting local knowledge and setting them up for greater challenges.

Leaders of tomorrow, start looking at the bigger picture.
You IG peed the waste part of the whole thing. Why spend that amount to repair vehicles at a cost more than a girly used one? I'm an economist so you can't be preaching the benefits to me. Economists do not just consider benefits, we consider costs and chose a portfolio that best maximises benefits and minimises costs simultaneously.Tokunbo cars history can always be verified and top grade ones bought. Or the cost of repairing those vehicles greatly reduced because the costs quoted here smells corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Won’t Stop Calling Tinubu Drug Dealer – Baba-Ahmed / Amina Mohammed Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Bello Kirfi Loses Traditional Title For ‘Disrespecting’ Governor Bala Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.