Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? (470 Views)

EndSARS Prostest In Los Angeles California (photos) / I Am Not The Only One Asking For A Revolution - Sowore / Will Any Government In The World Sit And Watch A "Revolution" Protest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? by Tharaja(m): 8:48am On Aug 03, 2019
Now that Sowore is calling for a Revolution, I want to use this opportunity to know the difference btw revolution and protest. Even though I have seen a protest several times, but I havent seen a revolution before.

Is it the same thing as protest? What is their way of operation?.

Nigerians and my fellow SeniorMen and SeniorWomen on the Forum, Pls I humbly need your Clarification and Contribution.. Thanks.

Lalasticlala, mynd44. Seun

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? by oyin44: 8:59am On Aug 03, 2019
grin ask yourself this question:is there any difference between a protest and a revolution..think deeply....Ok, revolution to sowore is to be freed from the feudal political task -master. Protest to sowore is to march and force the unwilling hands of the buhari government.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? by PedroEastman: 9:04am On Aug 03, 2019
Go to Sudan then you'll understand First Class what revolution is
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? by gidgiddy: 9:04am On Aug 03, 2019
The difference is that a protest is sectional. In other words, a protest is in a particular area

But if the protest is nationwide, then you start talking about revolution
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 03, 2019
The difference between protest and revolution vid simply SOWORE AND AAC...

Briefly
Sowore was expelled by the party AAC and he protested.

Now he wants to revolt to take over AAC party structure.

Bear in mind that AAC is an arm of APC..

All protest bla bla and razzmatazz is all staged...

Believe those people at your own peril and die a painful death.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? by afroniger: 9:33am On Aug 03, 2019
To my layman understanding, a protest is a civil demonstration against any particular policy or set of policies. It doesn't necessarily have to be against government. It could be against a corporate entity even.

But a revolution, according to the dictionary definition means, "a forcible overthrow of a government or social order, in favour of a new system."
That sounds very serious and confrontational, especially since by definition, it implies it being achieved by force.

In relation to Sowore's 'revolution', I think he shouldn't have labelled what he wanted to do a 'revolution', because it sounds to me to be more like a protest. Because a revolution means you are in effect planning a civil coup, and by implication, no sitting government will sit back and just watch you do that. We are talking about a breakdown of law-and-order here. In my opinion, Sowore should have just said he was organizing a protest. Protests happen all the time.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? by kponkedenge(m): 9:36am On Aug 03, 2019
Revolution is basically an overthrow of the government by the masses eg, the Arab spring involving Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and of recent Sudan etc.

A protest however is just a short term agitation of a particular government policy, eg RUGA, ASUU strike, Fuel Hike etc.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? by dlondonbadboy: 9:37am On Aug 03, 2019
Tharaja:
Now that Sowore is calling for a Revolution, I want to use this opportunity to know the difference btw revolution and protest. Even though I have seen a protest several times, but I havent seen a revolution before.

Is it the same thing as protest? What is their way of operation?.

Nigerians and my fellow SeniorMen and SeniorWomen on the Forum, Pls I humbly need your Clarification and Contribution.. Thanks.

Lalasticlala, mynd44. Seun

On Monday, you shall observe a revolution.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Prostest And A Revolution? by Tharaja(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2019
Wow...So many Learned men on my thread...I'm elated, I have learnt and I'm still ready to learn....Keep your views coming...Thanks all

(1) (Reply)

Femi Gbaja Campaign Director, Sen. Jubril Shares Lovely Photos Of His Cute BabyF / Photos Of Elzakzaky In Jet As He Takeoff To India / Homosexuality And Lesbianism Are The Causes Of Insecurity In Nigeria – Emir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.