Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,202 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (259301 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2022
Some of the religious teachings believe body and Soul are one and the same. In Eckankar we believe Soul comes in and takes on the physical body as a temple to use so It can move in this physical world.

Sri Harold Klemp
Touching the Face of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2022
There are also five virtues—ways to offset the passions: discrimination, forgiveness or tolerance, contentment, detachment, and humility.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Awakening Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
As we unfold, our potential for solving problems increases. This is simply because we have a closer, more intimate contact with the Light and the Sound of God. We expand in our circle of awareness.

Sri Harold Klemp
Touching the Face of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2022
As a spiritual exercise, take yourself into a larger room. For example, if you have a desire for self-discipline, leave the room of self-discipline that you’re in. Go down the corridor, and go into another room. This room will be larger. It will be much larger. Just live within the awareness that you want to be in this room of more self-discipline. Then let the Holy Spirit, the ECK, bring about the changes in your life that will accompany such a resolution.

Sri Harold Klemp
Truth Has No Secrets

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:36am On Sep 17, 2022
The teachings of ECK work on the simple principle that love is the divine current which makes all life possible.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Awakening Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:17am On Sep 18, 2022
The dream world and its people are real. It is only our recall and understanding of it that are incomplete.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Life

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
Sometimes Divine Spirit will give you an insight into something that’s happening in your daily life. One of the most interesting ways is through an experience of a past life.

Sri Harold Klemp
Truth Has No Secrets
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:21am On Sep 20, 2022
In time of need, help comes if you know how to open yourself—sincerely, without any preconditions or any ideas that God should act in this way and do this or that.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
The highest truth is not written in any book, it’s written in your heart. All the books in the world are useless unless they can help you open your heart.

Open your heart to what? To the love of God.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Awakened Heart
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:52am On Sep 22, 2022
True service to God is always an adventure in learning spiritual things.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Awakening Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by dattaswami1: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2022
benodic:

The purpose of Eckankar is to make God an everyday reality in your life.

As Soul, you have the God-knowledge within you. The teachings of ECK will awaken the knowledge and love for the divine things that are already in your heart.

The road to God is the adventure of a lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZKIb92BDxE
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:52am On Sep 23, 2022
When we work from the Soul consciousness, we can shape our own destiny.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Awakened Heart
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 5:40am On Sep 24, 2022
"Life will be more rewarding when we learn the secret of gratitude."
--Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by justlove91(m): 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
benodic:

@ ezeudoh

the spiritual journey starts at the point behind the two eyebrows when you close your eyes.
that is the location of the spiritual eye or the window of heaven or the narrow gate which few ever find.
you close your eyes, fill your heart with love by remembering all the things in your life that made you happy. then you sing a holy name of God for example you can try singing the HU which is a holy name of God that does not belong to any language or to any religion. sing it for 15 to 30 minutes then go into quiet contemplation while keeping your attention on the spiritual eye. watch what happens.

do this exercise in the night before sleeping and in the morning after waking up. regular practice of this exercise will gradually open your spiritual eyes and you will then easily enter the inner worlds to explore and come back with your experiences intact.
I guess this is how it is done, but I have some questions.
1. Can one sing Hu silently in the mind without making a sound?
2. Can one do this laying down instead of sitting?
3. How do one estimate the time? Is it advisable to set an alarm?
4. When you put your attention on the spiritual eye, did you mean I look up at the area between my eye brows while closing my eyes or I become aware of the area just like I can close my eyes and be aware of the thumb of my left leg?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:39am On Sep 25, 2022
@ justlove91

I guess this is how it is done, but I have some questions.
1. Can one sing Hu silently in the mind without making a sound?

Yes

2. Can one do this laying down instead of sitting?

Yes

3. How do one estimate the time? Is it advisable to set an alarm?

No need for alarm. You will feel an inner nudge from the Holy Spirit when to stop.

4. When you put your attention on the spiritual eye, did you mean I look up at the area between my eye brows while closing my eyes or I become aware of the area just like I can close my eyes and be aware of the thumb of my left leg?

When you close your eyes, every where becomes dark. Just gentle focus your attention on the spot between the two eyebrows. As you continue the spiritual exercise, at a point you can start seeing light appearing at that dark spot. That is the light of God and the first step to stepping into the inner heavens.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by justlove91(m): 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2022
benodic:
@ justlove91

Yes

Yes

No need for alarm. You will feel an inner nudge from the Holy Spirit when to stop.

When you close your eyes, every where becomes dark. Just gentle focus your attention on the spot between the two eyebrows. As you continue the spiritual exercise, at a point you can start seeing light appearing at that dark spot. That is the light of God and the first step to stepping into the inner heavens.
@bolded
Do you mean I will roll my physical eyes upward?
And how can one sing the Hu song? Is it
1. Heuuuuuuuu
2. Heeeeeuuuuu
On average, how many months do you think It takes to start seeing the light?
Thanks
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2022
@ justlove91

Do you mean I will roll my physical eyes upward?

You don't move your physical eyes.
Once you close your physical eyes your inner eye takes over. Just keep your attention on the dark area that appears once you close your physical eyes.

And how can one sing the Hu song? Is it
1. Heuuuuuuuu
2. Heeeeeuuuuu

Huuuuuuuuu, like in the word hue. But in a long drawn out manner

On average, how many months do you think It takes to start seeing the light?
Thanks

Spiritual experiences and spiritual growth is purely an individual thing and depends upon a lot of factors.
Some may see the light immediately they start the spiritual exercises while others may take longer.
It took me up to 6 months before I started seeing the light and hearing the sound with accompanying outstanding soul travel experiences.
I nearly gave up when I didn't have any experiences after 5 months of doing the spiritual exercises. But each time I attended ECK programs I will hear people sharing their experiences.
So I continued determined to succeed. And success eventually came. Mind you I wasn't even a member of Eckankar when I started having these experiences. I enjoyed these experiences for up to 4 years before I decided to register as a member and throughout that time there was no compulsion or pressure from any member.

So these exercises are meant to enhance your spiritual growth no matter your religion. But you have to put your heart into it and don't relent until you achieve success.
Always remember that you are soul and you exist because God loves you
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2022
@ justlove91

Watch this video where Sri Harold demonstrates how to sing the HU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_afRdPjU-I
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by justlove91(m): 6:14am On Sep 26, 2022
benodic:
@ justlove91

You don't move your physical eyes.
Once you close your physical eyes your inner eye takes over. Just keep your attention on the dark area that appears once you close your physical eyes.

Huuuuuuuuu, like in the word hue. But in a long drawn out manner

Spiritual experiences and spiritual growth is purely an individual thing and depends upon a lot of factors.
Some may see the light immediately they start the spiritual exercises while others may take longer.
It took me up to 6 months before I started seeing the light and hearing the sound with accompanying outstanding soul travel experiences.
I nearly gave up when I didn't have any experiences after 5 months of doing the spiritual exercises. But each time I attended ECK programs I will hear people sharing their experiences.
So I continued determined to succeed. And success eventually came. Mind you I wasn't even a member of Eckankar when I started having these experiences. I enjoyed these experiences for up to 4 years before I decided to register as a member and throughout that time there was no compulsion or pressure from any member.

So these exercises are meant to enhance your spiritual growth no matter your religion. But you have to put your heart into it and don't relent until you achieve success.
Always remember that you are soul and you exist because God loves you

I will try and be persistent with the practice, thanks for your encouragement.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by justlove91(m): 6:15am On Sep 26, 2022
benodic:
@ justlove91

Watch this video where Sri Harold demonstrates how to sing the HU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_afRdPjU-I
It's helpful
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2022
Like a daily report card, dreams show you how you are doing in your spiritual mission, even if you don’t know you have one.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Life
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2022
"We try to express the love of God through who we are and how we live."
--Harold Klemp

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:09am On Sep 28, 2022
Living in the moment means integrating the lessons of yesterday into the actions of today.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Loving Heart
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
"What you can do is recognize that you are sacred and accept yourself as a child of God."
--Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:36pm On Sep 30, 2022
Build your spiritual foundation carefully so when the psychic waves come, bringing doubt and fear, problems, and health situations, you will be strong enough to see and know why you are going through this, and that it will pass. Whatever is here today must one day pass. It’s the nature of life. Spring gives us the example: Nature renews itself each year; it renews all life.

Sri Harold Klemp
Touching the Face of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 6:40am On Oct 01, 2022
"What is the spiritual purpose of life? To learn to give and to receive love."
--Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:13am On Oct 02, 2022
The right of choice: It’s our attitude—the way we look at things—that often determines whether we are happy or miserable, whether we are full of love or full of fear.

Sri Harold Klemp
Truth Has No Secrets
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
Instead of talking about all we know, at times it pays to just listen. Listen to the people around you. If someone’s telling you something spiritual and positive, this is from the Voice of God.

Things that are negative and destructive to you are from the negative side. Do not do them—no matter how spiritual the person is who says to.

Sri Harold Klemp
Truth Has No Secrets
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:28am On Oct 04, 2022
If you can achieve peace of mind and a state of joy when all those around you are losing theirs, you have come much further than many people today.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Awakened Heart
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:11am On Oct 05, 2022
A person’s state of consciousness makes him happy or unhappy.

It’s what you do with what you have that makes all the difference. Whenever something comes into my life, I try to get the most out of it I can.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Awakened Heart

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:39am On Oct 06, 2022
Life is to cherish. Be respectful of all life, especially your own.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Loving Heart
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
The teachings of ECK work on the simple principle that love is the divine current which makes all life possible.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Awakening Soul

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (168) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.