Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (259551 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

We can speak of divine love, but it means nothing unless you've experienced it.

Harold Klemp
Love- The Keystone of Life
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Creative people who cherish the gift of life often slip into the secret chambers of the creative mind. Their solutions are well-rounded, more sensible than those of people who rely solely upon reason as their mainstay. Gratitude unseals fountains of creativity, because a grateful person is relaxed. This allows him to take stock of his circumstances with an objective mind. A creative person often gets three-dimensional answers to his problems.

Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:02am On Mar 09, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

People who are able to help in the work of the Holy Spirit are those who are able to help themselves.

Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Divine Spirit opens up new
opportunities, but we must take
them. We must make our own
choices with the best information at
hand.

Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 6:57am On Mar 11, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

How do you keep in step with the spiritual laws—and lessen the wear and tear upon yourself? Simply love.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

How does one live the spiritual life? The answer is simply to live creatively, because each of us is working to become a Co-worker with God.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 6:32am On Mar 13, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

You are living the spiritual life when
you conduct yourself and your
business in the name of Divine Spirit.
You touch many Souls during the
course of the business day. Although
you may never say one word openly
to your customers, Divine Spirit
touches all whom you meet, in some
manner or another.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:33am On Mar 14, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

keep unfolding and opening yourself more as a clear vehicle for God, and as you do, your values will change.

—Harold Klemp
Love-The Keystone of Life
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:15am On Mar 15, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

No matter how much insight we gain about God, there will always be something that lies beyond the horizon of our understanding. That is simply the nature of truth.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:42am On Mar 16, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

The spiritual path is not about power. It's about love.

—Harold Klemp
Truth Has no Secrets
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

One of the biggest lessons we can learn in life is to do everything possible to reach an accord with the individual we are having trouble with.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Boss13: 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
benodic: A Seed for Contemplation

—Harold Klemp
Truth Has no Secrets

what of riches and wealth?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
@ Boss13

benodic: A Seed for Contemplation

—Harold Klemp
Truth Has no Secrets

what of riches and wealth?

you have asked this question before. the answer remains the same.
seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything else shall be added unto you

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

As Soul, you are like a balloon that rises above the ground. The higher you go, the farther you can see. And the farther you can see, the better you can plan your life.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by mkmyers45(m): 7:49am On Mar 19, 2013
How does forgiveness and reincarnation go together?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
@ mkmyers45

How does forgiveness and reincarnation go together?

first of all karma which is the law of cause and effect is what brings about reincarnation. when people sow seeds in a present life time and they were not able to reap all of it in that life time, they are compelled to reincarnate and pay off the accumulated debts in another lifetime.

God created these lower worlds as schools for souls and also made laws that run these schools. the most basic law being the law of Karma. the law takes effect on every soul in order for the soul to learn its lessons.

forgiveness frees one from karmic circles that is between him and other souls. for example if someone cheats you and runs away with your money. life will put him in a situation where you will have an opportunity to pay him back either in this lifetime or in another lifetime. it is now left for you to choose the course of action you will take. if you decide to retaliate and cheat him back then you form a vicious karmic circle with him because the wheels will reverse again and put him in a position to take advantage of you again.

some karmic vicious circles can run for hundreds of lifetimes with reversal of roles e.g is what is happening between the Arabs and Jews. that is the trap that 'an eye for an eye' puts a soul into and such a soul can never have spiritual freedom

but if instead of retaliating you decided to forgive the person, the effect is that you have freed yourself from the karmic circle with that person and gone another step towards spiritual freedom. of course the person will still reap his just rewards but from another angle. an example of this again is when Jesus on the cross told God to forgive his persecutors because they do not know what they were doing. in doing that he freed himself from any karmic circle with the Jewish race.
so forgiveness is a wonderful virtue for one to have because it will go a long way in making your journey back to God much easier.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by mkmyers45(m): 12:40am On Mar 20, 2013
Dont you think the constant reference to Mahanta is quite disturbing? How is the mahanta selected since he represents pure innermost consciousness?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Boss13: 6:09am On Mar 20, 2013
benodic:
@ Boss13

you have asked this question before. the answer remains the same.
seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything else shall be added unto you

Excellent memory Ben. I enjoy the way you explain things especially the karma stuff. I honestly want to free myself and connect with God more. I just feel this spiritual separation (not in the Christian way) but this spiritual void. Ben I want to feel God, I want to hear God and if possible see God. What must I do?

I have not been able to visit the Eck center at Lagos Island due to busy schedule. Do they open on Saturdays. Ben my question above is sincere and I would appreciate a sincere and practical answer. Thanks again.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
@ mkmyers45

Dont you think the constant reference to Mahanta is quite disturbing?

i also found it disturbing in the beginning and even refused to have any thing to do with the Mahanta as i was more comfortable with the Holy Spirit, the ECK.
it took a while and through both inner and outer experiences that i started understanding what the Mahanta is and the Help that he is always ready to render to help us grow spiritually.

The ECK, the Holy Spirit is pure light and sound which of course can be seen with the spiritual eyes and ears. soul easily understands when the ECK speaks but the mind does not know the language of Spirit. in order for more understanding of the spiritual truth to come about, the truth needed to be stepped down to a level you can easily relate to. so the light and sound merges and takes a form, the purest state of consciousness in form. this is the Mahanta state.

to further bring it to a level you can more easily relate to, this consciousness then polarizes on an individual who has been able to develop love for all life. this person now becomes the Mahanta, The Living ECK Master. when you meet this form in the inner, you can recognize him and he can break down spiritual truth to you in a way your mind can easily comprehend. that is why the emphasis on the Mahanta. The Mahanta's help is always there for those who want it, there is no compulsion. he is like the teacher you have in school who helps you to understand the course you are studying and of course you can always decide not to consult the teacher and do it on your own which may at the end be more difficult and take more time.

How is the Mahanta selected since he represents pure innermost consciousness?

the person that is selected is the Living ECK Master who then wears the Mahanta consciousness. the Mahanta is a state of consciousness which any soul can strive for. God, the Sugmad, chooses the individual who is worthy to wear that state of consciousness and his goal is primarily to return all ready souls back to God.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
@ Boss13

Excellent memory Ben. I enjoy the way you explain things especially the karma stuff. I honestly want to free myself and connect with God more. I just feel this spiritual separation (not in the Christian way) but this spiritual void. Ben I want to feel God, I want to hear God and if possible see God. What must I do?

the starting point always remains the spiritual exercises. that is why i started the thread on practical spirituality. the most basic spiritual exercise that one can try for effective spiritual growth is the singing of the Holy Names of God as a love song. the most powerful name of God which we sing is the HU. which is also sung as a love song for 15- 20 minutes in the morning and in the night before you sleep. if you visit the Eckankar website, www.eckankar.org, you can download the HU song and hear how it is sung. you can also sing other Holy names of God and spiritually charged words that are comfortable to you and after singing it, go into a quiet contemplation and ask God to show you the truth about life, then remain silent and listen while keeping your attention on the space between your 2 eyebrows which is the location of your spiritual eyes.

you can also download introductory ECK books that can give a head start.
ECKANKAR is a practical spiritual path where you experience God for yourself and not through someone else's experience. the choice is always up to you to take the step now or wait for another lifetime.

I have not been able to visit the Eck center at Lagos Island due to busy schedule. Do they open on Saturdays. Ben my question above is sincere and I would appreciate a sincere and practical answer. Thanks again.

most ECK Centers to the best of my knowledge do not open on Saturdays because ECKANKAR Seminars are usually held on Saturdays. but we also have ECK Worship services that run from 9am to 10am on Sundays.

concerning your question, the answer i gave you is exactly what it is. if you are more interested in material well being then you are not ready for God. your quest for God must be for God and God alone. all those other things that is more of primary concern to you are mere shadows and belong to the passing show on earth. what matters is you knowing who and what you are and your relationship to God and why you are on earth in the first place. once you do that, every other thing in your life falls into the right order.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

When you ask God, "Please show me truth," and you haven’t used your talents today, you can’t expect to find the greater talents, the greater truth, tomorrow.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

The point of any religion should be this: how to open your heart to love.

—Harold Klemp
Love- The Keystone of Life
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Most of our problems are self-made. When things go wrong, if we take responsibility and do something that gives us greater understanding, life becomes easier.

This is how it should be, rather than having someone always giving us spiritual, emotional, or physical healings.

The idea is not to hide from life: It is to live life, but without making the same mistakes we did before.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by mkmyers45(m): 10:17am On Mar 23, 2013
benodic:
@ mkmyers45

i also found it disturbing in the beginning and even refused to have any thing to do with the Mahanta as i was more comfortable with the Holy Spirit, the ECK.
it took a while and through both inner and outer experiences that i started understanding what the Mahanta is and the Help that he is always ready to render to help us grow spiritually.

The ECK, the Holy Spirit is pure light and sound which of course can be seen with the spiritual eyes and ears. soul easily understands when the ECK speaks but the mind does not know the language of Spirit. in order for more understanding of the spiritual truth to come about, the truth needed to be stepped down to a level you can easily relate to. so the light and sound merges and takes a form, the purest state of consciousness in form. this is the Mahanta state.

to further bring it to a level you can more easily relate to, this consciousness then polarizes on an individual who has been able to develop love for all life. this person now becomes the Mahanta, The Living ECK Master. when you meet this form in the inner, you can recognize him and he can break down spiritual truth to you in a way your mind can easily comprehend. that is why the emphasis on the Mahanta. The Mahanta's help is always there for those who want it, there is no compulsion. he is like the teacher you have in school who helps you to understand the course you are studying and of course you can always decide not to consult the teacher and do it on your own which may at the end be more difficult and take more time.

the person that is selected is the Living ECK Master who then wears the Mahanta consciousness. the Mahanta is a state of consciousness which any soul can strive for. God, the Sugmad, chooses the individual who is worthy to wear that state of consciousness and his goal is primarily to return all ready souls back to God.

How is this selection done?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
@mkmyers45
Ben already said God, the Sugmad, chooses the individual who is worthy to wear that state of consciousness and his goal is primarily to return all ready souls back to God.Now you are asking how does God make this selection grin.Don't mind me,there was a time I almost killed Ben with questions.Ben always answers but he kept telling me I can ask the ECK & get my answers directly because that is what ECKankar is all about.This path will be difficult for those who want a logic response to all there questions.IT IS WHAT IT IS,sometimes you have to go within to get the answers you seek.As Soul all the answers are there,you just have to seek & then you will find.If you go back through this thread you'll see I have being in your shoes.I am an ECKist now(over 7 months),I must say Ben is really trying because sometimes the questions people ask is like asking someone to describe his Senses(taste of food,smell of air).I doubt anyone can do that to your satisfaction with words,that's why we say ask the holy spirit with love in your heart,you'll get your answer.

@Ben
Longtime,how body na.Thanks for everything,may the blessings be.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:08pm On Mar 23, 2013
@ Obi 901

Thanks a lot for your input. i really appreciate. i am very fine and i hope that you are very fine too.

@ mkmyers45
Obi 901 is right.all the answers to any question you may ever ask already lies within you. that is why in ECK we emphasize on people learning how to go within to find the answers for themselves i.e being a spiritual scientist. like i said before once the current Living ECK Master finishes his tenure,God chooses his successor and the person that is chosen is the individual with the highest amount of love for all life at that point in time.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:56am On Mar 24, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

We are personally responsible for our
own state of consciousness. As Soul
unfolds toward total freedom, It
understands total responsibility must
be accepted for every thought and
action.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:38am On Mar 25, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

The Holy Spirit often works through
professional medical people to help
us out when we’re in trouble. After
all, all healing comes from Divine
Spirit, no matter what It chooses as
Its instrument.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

As you grow in spirituality, your
whole life must improve.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

The miracles that happened in the early Christian Church still happen today. To see and benefit from them, all we need to do is open our consciousness through spiritual exercises.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 11:14am On Mar 28, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Becoming a conscious vehicle for God requires that you become the very best you can possibly be, no matter what you choose to do.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:17am On Mar 29, 2013
A Seed for Contemplation

Those with pure love do all they can
to let their mates grow in every way.
Detached love means to let others
exist without forcing our will upon
them. That is spiritual love.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (168) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.