Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (275054 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (173) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ amawodoga

i m pleased with eckanka till the day i findout their believe about abortion and gay, i dont just want to say it here cos i believe you know what i mean, can you explain that, maybe i m mistaking.

ECKANKAR is a spiritual path and is primarily concerned with soul realizing itself and realizing God, so usually we do not concern ourselves much with social or political issues which most religions grapple with.

as a spiritual path we do not work with believes. we work with realization of truth as it is and this comes through inner experiences, that means if we tell you that soul is immortal, you will have the experiences to back it up which will be your authority.

first soul is neither male nor female, it is only when soul needs to come down to the lower worlds to experience life here that it takes on a male or female body. the physical body is just like a cloth worn by soul and nothing more. killing the physical body does not kill the soul in any way but rather soul simply moves on and picks up another body to continue its experiences and soul usually enters the physical body at the point of delivery, it then fully activates the body and the baby then starts taking its first breath.

in matters, concerning homosexuality, ECKANKAR does not judge the issue in any way, but one thing is clear as experienced in ECKANKAR, when a person starts doing the spiritual exercises, he/she is gradually transformed into a GOD-like being and if there is any trait or bad habit, or negative behaviours that is getting in the way of the person going back to God, it is gradually swept aside by the cleansing power of the Holy Spirit and the person truly becomes a new being.

as usual we do not beg any one to believe or try to convince anyone, realization of truth is a journey each soul must undertake when It is ready.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by chinebu(m): 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
I would love to connect with you regarding certain personal clearification I will like to get from you as regards Eck.

Chinebu.emmanuel@yahoo.com please contact me through this email.
Tanx
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ chinebu

i have replied your mail.

feel free to contact me anytime

thanks
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
As Soul, you are like a balloon that rises above the ground. The higher you go, the farther you can see. And the farther you can see, the better you can plan your life.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
Creativity, bountifulness, and gratitude go hand in hand.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
The tests that are easy for us are difficult for others. This is the nature of life. And it means that we, as human beings, must learn patience and compassion. The wheel always turns.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
One of the biggest lessons we can learn in life is to do everything possible to reach an accord with the individual we are having trouble with.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:33am On Oct 23, 2014
Now without the element of individual personality the Spirit, or Soul, can only work cosmically by a generic law; it must work solely with plants or minerals, that state of which has only the consciousness. The law of God is a far higher specialization, and this specialization can only be attained through the introduction of the personal factor.
. Individuality is the necessary complement of Spirit. The whole problem of life consists of finding the true relationship of self, the individual, to the true power, to true Spirit. So the first step is to realize what this power must be in itself.
. If Spirit is a law unto itself to express life, love, and beauty, then the answer is found in man's consciousness. I cannot be conscious of anything except by realizing a certain relationship between it and myself. I must have it affect me in some way, otherwise I am not conscious of its existence. According to the way it affects me, I recognize myself as being related to it. It is this self-recognition on my part with all the relationships I establish, whether spiritual, intellectual, or physical, that constitutes my realization of life. This is the principle for the realization of living and the creation of centers of life. Through this action conscious realization can be attained and divine power flows through me.

Flute of God
Sri Paul Twitchell
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 10:59am On Oct 24, 2014
No true realization of Spirit can take place in you unless you are to accept it or reject it. An example of this is love; love must be spontaneous our it has no existence. There is no such thing as mechanically induced love. Anything which is formed so that it automatically produces an effect, without any volition of its own, is nothing but a machine.
. If the Spirit is to realize the reality of love, it must be in relation to some individual who has the power to give or withhold love. In other words, you must have freedom to love our not to love, otherwise you will suffer the flow-back of energy which ordinarily causes an adverse effect upon yourself. This also applies to any quality of life, any circumstance in this physical world or other planes.

Flute of God
Sri Paul Twitchell
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Imaginative Techniques

Soul Travel occurs in two ways. One form is experienced as the apparent movement of the Soul body through the planes of time and space. It is not really movement, because Soul already exists on all planes. What seems to be movement, or travel, is simply Soul coming into agreement with fixed states and conditions that already exist in the lower worlds.

This explains the imaginative technique for Soul Travel. You imagine a scene, and you are there in the Soul body. It may feel as though you are moving along very quickly, and this is why it is perceived as travel. Actually, it is the process of changing the setting around you.

To practice this, you can take a scene from your memories and control the actions in it. For example, imagine the sea beating against a beach. Now try to see the sea as being as still as lake water. Try it on things you know by stilling or stopping actions.

You may experience a rushing sound, like wind in a tunnel, and the sensation of moving incredibly fast.

The other form of Soul Travel is the expansion of consciousness. This is closer to the state of true personal revelation or enlightenment that we are looking for in ECK.

—Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Exercises of ECK
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
There is usually somewhat of a struggle when we move into a higher state of awareness, and that is natural. The problems in life can be dreaded with fear, or they can be seen as opportunities for growth—and a challenge.
You must make up your own mind as to what you want to do. Consider all parts of your life, the financial and emotional included, and do what seems to be common sense. Then plan and work carefully.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
The path of ECK is to teach us how to get to the kingdom of Heaven.

- Harold Klemp
The Secret Teachings
Mahanta's Transcripts, Book 3
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by PastorKun(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
@benodic

Trust you are doing well, would appreciate your views/comments on this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/1955990/guilty-practising-mysticism/2#1955990.80
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
The Battle for survival is adventuresome and not a game for weaklings... To succeed one has to throw in all he or she has. Wit, skill,a daring spirit, and a heart full of love.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Mahanta the Living ECK Master
How to survive spiritually in Our Times
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by chieveboy(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2014
I thought to share this picture of the living Eck Master Sri Harold Klemp shared by a Facebook user from the worldwide seminar in Minneapolis...noticeably, it came out bright!...l can guess why lol.

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
More importantly is to have a true look at yourself today: Who and what you are here and now.
. This is more important than a look at the past or a look at the future, even though we in ECK know that the past, present, and future are all one. They are a continuum. The past still exist now, the future is here and now, and as is the present. They're all mixed, back and forth, in and out.
. But with the logical mind, it's a linear way of thinking. We separate the continuum of life into three separate parts: Past, present, and future. And we build walls between.
. In building these walls, we sometimes limit ourselves, limit the potential of what can occur through the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
So sometime in contemplation or in prayer, maybe as a spiritual exercise, in your mind's eye just see a room with three distinct parts. A semicircular room where you are at the point of the room and the room curves out around you, divided into three parts. You can look into each one: Past, present, and future. But there is a wall separating each of the three parts.
. Dissolve those two walls between those three parts and see what happens.
. Do that for a few nights before you go to sleep. Say, "I dissolve the walls that try to break life into parts."Because from the higher state of consciousness, you realize that life is not divided into parts. Life is all one.
. Life is love, God is love, and Soul exist because Good loves It. If you get this overview that everything is a wholeness-that everything is right and in its proper place at this time-then you will have gained spiritually. You will have a viewpoint in life that is different from 99 percent of people.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
For the members of ECK there are discourses to help you to another stage of understanding yourself spiritually. But the greatest unfoldment comes not through the books, discourses, or talks that happen on the outer side, in the physical world. The greatest unfoldment happens on the inner planes, in your dream worlds, through your intuition, through nudges, and sometimes more directly through visions and Soul Travel.
. These are Divine Spirit's way of helping you. This is how the Mahanta works.
. The Mahanta works to help you, to lift you, so you can understand why you're even in this life and why it pays to go on, because some days it seems almost impossible. You wonder, Why bother? Well, bother.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2014
. WHO IS THE MAHANTA

. The Mahanta the Living ECK Master is a big title. The Mahanta is the inner state, the inner Master, the one who comes as the Dream Master and works with you in the dream state. The Living ECK Master is the Outer Master.
. It sounds like there is a spilt here. You're at the seminar in Washington, D.C., and I'm someplace else in the the physical body. But in Soul body, we are together.
. As the Mahanta, Divine Spirit, or the ECK, is able to work with you on a one-to-one basis. It can work with you with your strengths, it can work with you in your weakness, and it can help you just like a tutor. Sometimes standing behind your desk, sometimes working with you at the desk. Then sometimes just being with you. Being with you at work, on a walk, in rush-hour traffic. This is what the Mahanta, the inner Master, can do and does.
. In the inner self, I can be with all people in all places around the world. But only if they are in agreement with the principles of ECK. These are the principles of Divine Spirit that come through this state of consciousness, the Mahanta. If you're in agreement with them, there is a bond between us,a connection.

Sri Harold Klemp

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
. A TEACHER FOR EVERY STATE OF
. CONSCIOUSNESS
A person of another faith will likely have a bond with the spiritual leader of his own faith, and that is as it should be. God has created all religions and all spiritual leaders to fit a certain place in the lives of certain people. No spiritual leader is going to be right for everyone. I don't say I am.
. Each person has to decide whether or not any other person is going to be their spiritual tutor. That is not something that any human law can decree. That doesn't work in the spiritual teachings.
. God has given a teacher for every state of consciousness.
. Sometimes this teacher is not a religion. The teacher can be your boss at work. Or this individual may be your mate. Divine Spirit, the ECK, will bring the words of wisdom that you need for your spiritual unfoldment through someone very close to you. It can come through the words or hug of a child. It can come through the cry of a baby. It can come through the love of your pet, your dog or cat, as it comes up to you too greet you when you come home from work.
. We in human state of consciousness are sometimes too protective of what ways God can our cannot show love to Soul. We think well, Good isn't going to show love through my dog, because my dog has fleas. Or not through my cat, because my cat has worms.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
A Gateway to Soul Travel

If you are interested in Soul Travel, you can try this technique tonight in the dream state. Before sleep, close your eyes and place your attention very gently on the Spiritual Eye. Then sing HU, and fill yourself with love.

This feeling of love is needed to give you the confidence to go forward into an unknown, unexplored area. One way to fill yourself with love is by calling up the warm memory of a past occasion that filled you with pure love.

Then look inwardly for the individual who is your ideal at this time—whether it is Christ or one of the ECK Masters. In a very gentle way, say, " give you permission to take me to the place that I have earned for my greatest spiritual unfoldment." And then silently or out loud, continue to chant HU, God, or another holy word.

Try to visualize yourself walking into the inner worlds, and know that the individual who comes to meet you is a dear friend.

If it doesn't work the first time, do it again and again. The spiritual exercises are like physical exercises: before your muscles grow strong, you have to exercise them a number of times; it doesn't always happen in one try. It's quite likely that if you take up an exercise routine for thirty days, you're going to be stronger than you were at the beginning.

It's the same way with the spiritual exercises. The purpose of the Spiritual Exercises of ECK is simply to open a conduit or a channel between yourself and the Holy Spirit, which we know as the Audible Life Stream—the wave that comes from the heart of God. From the moment you begin singing HU and looking for truth in this particular way, whether you are conscious of it or not, changes are being made in you.

—Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Exercises of ECK
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
A Seed for Contemplation

Those living the high spiritual life are the knowers, not believers. There is a world of difference between knowing and believing.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:21am On Nov 02, 2014
The reason for spiritual enlightenment is not to escape life, but to learn how to live it richly, to enjoy it.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Odumani: 8:26am On Nov 02, 2014
Beautiful souls. ECK Worship service topic in your area today. Thanks
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 11:59am On Nov 02, 2014

Beautiful souls. ECK Worship service topic in your area today. Thanks

Of all the Qualities of God, Love is the Greatest.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by tjmc: 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
pls hw do i locate eck registration centre at ojuelegba frm festac
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
@ tjmc

pls hw do i locate eck registration centre at ojuelegba frm festac

take a bus to Ijesha, from there take another bus to Lawanson, from there take a bus going to Tejuosho and stop at martin street.
The ECKANKAR Centre is opposite a total filling station.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by emotional(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
Nice thread you got here. Please permit me to ask these questions
1. Is there anyway of telling if suffering is caused by our karma or otherwise ?
For the millions dying of starvation today is this as a result of past karma?
2. What is the stand of you Ecks in the Christianity concept of hell,heaven and Satan?
3. Is God personified , like Christians pictures their god sitting on a throne presiding and judging? I use Christianity as an example cos is one of the religions I once identified with.
4. Is karma generational until the circle is completed?

5. DREAMS - l would say the Pillar or Bedrock of my believing the supernatural . Why dream it if it (the negative) cannot be averted? Could it be destiny,like playing out a script?
6. Soul travel and dreams how related?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
@ emotional

Nice thread you got here. Please permit me to ask
these questions
1. Is there anyway of telling if suffering is caused by
our karma or otherwise ?
For the millions dying of starvation today is this as a
result of past karma?

every reaction has a causation and without causation there can never be a reaction. There is no victim. Every thing that is happening now is as a result of a past action. This is a law guiding the lower universes and God does not make mistakes nor does It have favourites. Whatever is sown by souls that they shall reap.

2. What is the stand of you Ecks in the Christianity
concept of hell,heaven and Satan?

hell and heaven are not places. They are states of consciousness. A hellish state of consciousness is that filled with negativity and someone who is expressing negativity is already in hell as it is.

Whereas someone filled with positivity, love and goodness is already in heaven no matter the person's location.

If you do not achieve a heavenly state of consciousness while you are in the physical when you translate you will naturally be drawn to areas in the inner planes that correspond to your negative state of consciousness and will later be required to reincarnate again to work off the negativity preventing that soul from going back to God.

That is why the statement heaven is here and now is quite true. those who have been able to develop divine love naturally gravititates back to God to be given divine assignment to serve life.

Satan who we know as Kal, is actually the headmaster of the schools in the lower universes where souls are sent to learn love. Satan administers the temptations and those who pass goes home back to God and those who keeps on failing keeps reincarnating and repeating their lessons until they pass, only then are they allowed to enter the pure spiritual planes.

3. Is God personified , like Christians pictures their
god sitting on a throne presiding and judging? I
use Christianity as an example cos is one of the
religions I once identified with.

God is impersonal. The closest we come in experiencing God is through the Holy Spirit which is the essence of God which can be seen as a light with the spiritual eyes and heard as a sound with the spiritual ears.
The Holy Spirit is the source of all truth and in it we live move and have our being. It is through the Holy spirit we go back home to God when we have attained spiritual maturity

4. Is karma generational until the circle is
completed?

as long as it takes. The circle continues until the souls that started it decides to end it. What usually ends a karmic circle is love and forgiveness.
Eg. If john kills steve in a lifetime, in the next life, steve will be given the opportunity to retaliate and if he does the circle reverses and it becomes a vicious circle generation after generation until one of then now decides to forgive and not retaliate.

5. DREAMS - l would say the Pillar or Bedrock of my
believing the supernatural . Why dream it if it (the
negative) cannot be averted? Could it be
destiny,like playing out a script?

the fact that you dreamt it means it can be averted. But it depends on the level of your spiritual maturity. Destiny too can be changed if you are growing spiritually
remember socrates was destined to be a thief. You know what he finally became

6. Soul travel and dreams how related?

dreams are souls experiences in the inner worlds while the physical body is sleeping so the awareness of the individual is diminished.whereas soul travel is expansion of consciousness into the inner worlds and can be done while the body is sleeping and even while fully awake.
The main difference is the degree of awareness. In soul travel you have full awareness and in total control and with vivid and clear recollection of the experience while in dreams the awareness is diminished and the dreamer most times is not in control and may not fully remember the experience.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
As our self-discipline increases, we discover that
life can no longer defeat us. We move tranquilly
under the protection of that Presence we know
as the ECK, or Divine Spirit.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sri Quetzalcoatl

. Fear makes believers of men when it becomes overwhelming.
. Guilt is fear. It is an external device of the lower worlds. When an action is done that you know is wrong for yourself and others, the inner voice tells you so. Guilt occurs when you open yourself to the willing critics of the wrong done. This is unnecessary, for the inner knows what payment is to be extracted. There is no shame or guilt involved, just compensation without emotion or ridicule. The opinions of the outer world have no place or importance here. But the guilt of the outer world will try to make you pay for the debt as long as it can. There is no logic to it, as it is a form of negative indulgence. Until the individual has his eyes and ears opened by the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master via the ECK, he will be a slave.
. "There is but one day to live and rectify life's wrongful situations and to escape the net of karma. That is to live and to do all things in the name of the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master. By this, I do not mean that one heaps his dirty actions and attitude upon the Master to clean up, so one can go skipping away free from responsibility!
. It means that the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master is the inner and outer guide. When you come to a decision and you are not sure how to handle it, ask the Mahanta on the inner, what is the course I should pursue in this situation? If you cannot decipher the answer, you can ask yourself, What would the Living ECK Master do in a similar situation?
. "The Mahanta is always giving directions-provided you ask and have the attunement to listen. The Inner Master resides within your heart, always giving directions, never wrong. It is our interpretations to these directions that causes misunderstandings. Life itself will confirm or reveal the correct answer.
. "This play of life, thousands of years distant, is not foreign to present-day man, for you see the exploitation of guilt through fears occurs today in more numerous ways than before, and all for the benefit of those in power.
. "You alone have the power to free yourself of guilt by placing your life in the hands of the Mahanta. But ah, I detect some resistance to this statement? Then think on this: By placing your life in the hands of the teacher, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master, you place your welfare in the hands of the highest consciousness in existence - higher than you could imagine- for this is the direct representative of the true creator, the SUGMAD."

In the COMPANY of ECK MASTERS
Phil Morimitsu
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by emotional(m): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
@benodic
Thanks, for am really enlightened. How do you explain one under the influence of what i will call an evil spell,could this also be karma? Is it that in the karmic circles nothing like evil? or only the initiator could be treated as evil while freewill comes to mind?

Soul travel- is it only about its realm or it also deals with the past life before it incarnates?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (173) (Reply)

Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka / 20 Common Dreams And Spiritual Warfare (please Read) / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.