Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,540 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:46 PM

Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria (16558 Views)

Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome Oduduwa Republic, - Femi Fani-kayode / Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome Oduduwa Republic, By Femi Fani-kayode / Photo!!! Is GEJ Saying Goodbye To Aso Rock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31am On Oct 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I said they DID NOT purchase houses, even after being made the same tantalizing offers that you blame the contracts for. Millions of people went back instead to paying their rent and saving up for when they can actually afford the houses they need.No, it is not. There are people who rent -- more than 100 million people do that. I am convinced at this point that you are not taking time to read my responses. Where have I mentioned the word greed in all my posts? Please go back to where this all started --- with you blaming America for debt and stress and how I have tried since then to make you understand that whatever debt you choose to accrue is yours and not the system. Whatever ponzi/419 scheme you choose to fall for is not the system's fault and should not then be blamed on the system as not all those who were offered the same took it. Yes, there were problems but that is no reason why you or anyone should be pardoned debts accrued from trying to live above your means. You do know that is what taking credit essentially is about(I cannot pay for it now with what I really have but I will borrow against my future so I can live the life I cannot afford now). How did you conclude that there situation was harsher than mine? I only had my mouth to feed? How do you know that? And how do you know the church did it all for me?
Can I suggest you stop trying to find excuses for folks already. Again, this all started when YOU, not them, chose to claim the American system was all about debt and stress. I proceeded to point out the fallacy in that claim of yours and urged that you step out and see how people have actually been down in the dumps and been able to rise out of it by taking good advantage of the same system you blame for your debt and stress.

You're absolutely right. This case is closed.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:32am On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Education is not common sense, you need both. Nowhere in my post did I mention substituting anything for anything.

Yes, you, you did.

1) My grandfather was an illiterate, but that man knew to provide for his kids for when he died and made sure to instill in them the desire to earn their own all the way.

2) My uncle is an illiterate but this man owns and runs a successful business here in America. He does not know how banks work, and only a couple of years ago, we had to force him to go get his hs diploma. All he knows is if he works hard, his money will make more money and he will be able to afford what he wants.

Please, please, do not end up like these Nigerians here who spew nonsense as if they are black Americans with brain issues. There is respect out there and a better life for you if you strive to achieve it. No need hanging out with people who do not know their left from their right. You do not have to be a lawyer/doctor to live well. I have someone close who is a social worker and does really good for herself. It is not hard, and you do not need money coming out from all holes to live well.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by ODIBABA1: 4:34am On Oct 19, 2010
Leave near heaven and step into hell (Nigeria). These guys are close to fraudsters, or they truly have no job. They need not to move to Nigeria to help it, there are enough people already.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36am On Oct 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

1) My grandfather was an illiterate, but that man knew to provide for his kids for when he died and made sure to instill in them the desire to earn their own all the way.

2) My uncle is an illiterate but this man owns and runs a successful business here in America. He does not know how banks work, and only a couple of years ago, we had to force him to go get his hs diploma. All he knows is if he works hard, his money will make more money and he will be able to afford what he wants.

Please, please, do not end up like these Nigerians here who spew nonsense as if they are black Americans with brain issues. There is respect out there and a better life for you if you strive to achieve it. No need hanging out with people who do not know their left from their right. You do not have to be a lawyer/doctor to live well. I have someone close who is a social worker and does really good for herself. It is not hard, and you do not need money coming out from all holes to live well.

You're absolutely right.

I promise not to end up like them. But how is your uncle an illiterate?
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On Oct 19, 2010
He just is(Not everyone of my uncles/aunts are educated - yes, some of them embarrass me but not all of them). I think he stole away in a boat to america or something. But the man has been able to get himself on track and runs a good business in one of the Eastern States.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

He just is(Not everyone of my uncles/aunts are educated - yes, some of them embarrass me but not all of them). I think he stole away in a boat to america or something. But the man has been able to get himself on track and runs a good business in one of the Eastern States.
I hope she's legal.

So you have a degree in finance?

Anywaz, thanks for drilling me hard today, not the usual nice koboj wink
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:52am On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I hope she's legal.

He is now legal. And No, I do not have a degree in finance. Whenever I work on such projects, I try to get as close to the business analyst as I can so I can get instructions on how to translate their lingo to layman's term so I can get my job done(nothing of all that is retained).

Well, it just gets tiresome reading/listening to Nigerians speak as if the system that produces other well respected Nigerians here somehow tags them for failure. If you are not doing well where you are , move to another state/town/city where you feel you can find better. That is how things work best here. Be willing to get out there -- move out of your comfort zone , so you can achieve, that is one of the secrets to success here and anywhere else, even Nigeria.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by koruji(m): 4:54am On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I hope she's legal.

And here comes koruji with an opportunistic ROFLMAO.

U both did well with that debate back there  grin grin grin
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56am On Oct 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

He is now legal. And No, I do not have a degree in finance. Whenever I work on such projects, I try to get as close to the business analyst as I can so I can get instructions on how to translate their lingo to layman's term so I can get my job done(nothing of all that is retained).

Well, it just gets tiresome reading/listening to Nigerians speak as if the system that produces other well respected Nigerians here somehow tags them for failure. If you are not doing well where you are , move to another state/town/city where you feel you can find better. That is how things work best here.  Be willing to get out there -- move out of your comfort zone , so you can achieve,  that is one of the secrets to success here and anywhere else, even Nigeria.

Now if I reply the bottom part, this will turn into another lengthy debate. I'm just too tired, o ti re mi! You're too much wahala.

While we were discussing, you said something about "when I didnt get my finance degree YET". . . just wondering.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:58am On Oct 19, 2010

Again, WRONG!! I gave you my own experience as example. I didn't suffer any financial crisis. When I heard free money, my mind immediately urged me to be careful as there is really no such thing as free money. I didn't have a degree in finance at the time to know that . . . You don't need one to know that.

And I still don't have a degree in finance even at this time
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

And I still don't have a degree in finance even at this time
Ok.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by ODIBABA1: 5:03am On Oct 19, 2010
Nigeria does not need practicing or non practicing lawyer from America to succeed; this guy only need to send some money home and help educate members of his family, perhaps his kindred. The lofty idea of coming home to help build does not work in Nigeria. Mumu no dey Niger, na only men in power dey mess us.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 5:09am On Oct 19, 2010
davidylan:

I guess you're right, ignorance is indeed free for all . . . but i wont be getting with the prog bro. No sir.  grin I hope some smart folks will be here soon to give us a serious discourse.

Lol. People like u just make me smile! Like I said its "Cyber World". What makes u think ure smarter than me, or that I'm dumber than you? I could be a Professor Emeritus, conducting some sort of Research on all of you/your attitudes by pretending to be a hoodlum from Brooklyn. While, you could REALLY be a straight-up hoodlum or Ex-Child Soldier feigning to be Mr.Smarty-Pants! Hell, For all I know u could even be the Osisi-something-or-the-other dude wanted  in Eastern Nigeria for all those kidnappings! I cant tell who you are (except whatever front you put on here); same with me!

Ignorance? Maybe You need to look in the mirror again! If you really were as smart as you have self-proclaimed, and if indeed you really are used to entering into brilliant discussions with like minds, trust me, Naira Land would not be where you'd be hanging out like a pervert next to a playground claiming to be waiting for "intelligent minds" to log on!

Just saying. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Please, please, do not end up like these Nigerians here who spew nonsense as if they are black Americans with brain issues.

Honey, to some extent, they are our brothers and sisters and some of them are better off than Nigerians. Substitute the word "Americans" with "Africans" and it would still be true. Not only black Americans with brain issues spew nonsense. All persons with brain issues do!
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by jot01(m): 5:40am On Oct 19, 2010
This be Billionaires, just coming home for political post as ministers or Ambassador to eat part of the national Cake,
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 5:41am On Oct 19, 2010
omo_to_dun:

[size=12pt][font=courier new]
Honey, to some extent, they are our brothers and sisters and some of them are better off than Nigerians.

Wrong! Most African-Americans are better-off than Nigerians!
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by clip: 6:25am On Oct 19, 2010
We welcome you.We promise u, u will never regret making this decision{thou you will be faced with high challenges you never planned for,but challenges are meant for our lifting when conquered}.We need more of you so that the population of good men will choke /over ride the bad ones.Then, our dear country can move up.I love my country.i believe in it.God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by IgboGirl(f): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2010
Why are some Nigerians living in Nigeria saying Nigerians abroad should come home and cause the change they want? Seriously, if you people living in Nigeria can't even cause any change what makes yall think those returning home will?

How about yall back home make Nigeria better with jobs, good roads and electricity that way Nigerians abroad will have a reason to return home?
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by biodun70(m): 7:33am On Oct 19, 2010
Kobojunkie and Ileke-Idi, I think you've both made your points. Please let it go!
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Kzea: 7:44am On Oct 19, 2010
thank GOD. @ least reasonable Nigerians are now setting back home to make their Father's land great.
ajo ko le dabi ile
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2010
@Ileke-Idi nice post
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by saydfact(m): 7:56am On Oct 19, 2010
Does he have a job in America?

THIS GOES TO SHOW A LOT "LIKE U", JUST READ THE HEADLINES AND START OPENING UR MOUTH CRITICIZING,

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Okukk(m): 8:01am On Oct 19, 2010
I hope it don't just end with granting personal interviews, action is what we need.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by smanuel: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2010
IgboGirl:

Why are some Nigerians living in Nigeria saying Nigerians abroad should come home and cause the change they want? Seriously, if you people living in Nigeria [/b]can't even cause any change what makes yall think those returning home will?

How about yall back home make Nigeria better with jobs, good roads and electricity that way Nigerians abroad will have a reason to return home?

[b]You People
?? How dare you I dont give f, K how long you have lived in the States, or how blue your passport is, how many ways you change your name, how well your accent has evolved, how many american kids you have, you are still Nigerian, denounce it all you want. At the end of the day, "Nigerian-American Immigrant" will precede your name or your parents name, either way, success or failure. Believe me, this is coming from a a person whose doesn't care a hoot about African and Nigeria in particular before I visited.  (You People) that you refer to have a very strong indomitable spirit that you can not begin to imagine. In the face of such hopelessness and plenty, people are still striving and surviving. In case you are wondering, I am half Nigerian and I visit that country 3 times a year and I love it, despite its challenges. Its my believe that (YOU PEOPLE) will make that nation better. Stay in the States, Nigerian-American Igbo Girl!
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by mrofficial(m): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2010
@Ileke-Idi, Omo yoruba le mi ooo, swagger!
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2010
Nigeria will be better off with this people staying back in the US of A; this country with its warped system can be very frustrating.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by yarodin: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2010
His people will ask him "Brother welcome oooooh, wentin you carry come from yankee tongue?" and he will reply "Nothing ooh my people, but I want to bring change to Naija. I want to monitor the elections and ensure that the best candidate is chosen by we the people". His people will then reply in anger "Abeg bros go siddon jare, your mates they bring better dey come Naija you dey talk sey you wan monitor election". Before he can even set his luggages in his room, his peeps have vanished.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by iyatrustee(f): 10:38am On Oct 19, 2010
as for me, its Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome America cool cool cool
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by Mobinga: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2010
Whats this thread all about? I'm getting old and my eyesight is fading. I don't need to be stressing it too much embarassed
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by HamidO1(m): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2010
Alot of Nigerians are all over contributing to the development of other countries positively. The Nigerian factor i.e corruption will never make the work of such people be seen even if they come back home. Anyway we all are in this together, i'm doing the voters registration when it starts and i'll vote by the grace of Almighty God not minding if they count it or not.
Re: Goodbye America, Welcome Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 11:58am On Oct 19, 2010
Reading most the post on this thread leads one to conclude that there are still vast majority of NIDs who are yet to get a grip with the reality that lay ahead of them!

Since I went ot Nigeria last year ( even during the Yar-da saga), I have taken immediate steps to engravened my foot print in my beloved country Nigeria. So far, two small to medium scale engineering companies are budding, thought one of them is currently undergoing serious business plan rejigging! For those that think America or the UK is their Heaven, I will say good on you but for some professionals (like myself who have studied how those who currently control the chinese economy all began their journey), we have taken little but significant steps to start relocating back to Nigeria.One pattern I am currently observing is that "the above average" Nigerian who came to study in the UK in the last five years are relocating to Nigeria either to start up working for overseas based companies that have operations in Nigeria, or are engaging in start up ventures themselves!

Come to think of it, 95% of the entertainers that come to 'ta na ra na' for NIDs during one celebrations or the other are all home grown! These guys have managed the growth of their entertainment enterprise and now they are exporting it to earn money for themselves. Surely,  NIDs engineering professionals can take a cue from these entertainers and maybe start to bud small engineering firms that would (in 6 to 10years time) start exporting to NIDs; products with truly Nigerians flavour!

Haven said all that, the truth that would always remain is this: Just like china, Nigeria will always have NIDs for so many obvious reasons and as such, these would form  niche markets for made in Nigeria products with truly Nigeria flavour

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS / Prison Inmates May Vote In 2023 - INEC / This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.