Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) (16238 Views)

Dino Melaye Campaigns At Night In Bassa LG, Kogi East (Pictures) / South-Westerners Dominate Tinubu’s List Of 20 Special Advisers - SaharaReporters / South Westerners; What's Your Thoughts On A Pat Utomi Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
I am going to give my unapologetic, unbiased opinion about this topic of discuss based on my knowledge and observations about human interactions and relationships. I'll be brief.

Let me start with this personal example, experience.

Some years ago when I got registered in the gym I entered and saw what caused me to be afraid, intimidated and doubtful if I can even do it at all. I saw big and muscular guys in the gym lifting big and unimaginable weights, I was demoralized and thought of quitting many times over.
But my mind is stronger than my body and I refused to stop, refused to be intimated and daunted by the negative criticisms. Today every gym I go I am soon called "heavyweights", people sit and watch in amazement when I hit the gym.

1.| The first reason there aren't many South Westerners in the East is cause many are afraid to compete with the Igbos and are already intimidated by the high hustle spirit of these other people. They subconsciously ask, "if these people can come to my town and outdo me do I even stand a chance in theirs?"

Just like me some years ago in the gym, they are afraid of competition and are intimidated by the high hustling spirit. But Unlike me, they never even try.

2.| This second reason is one I tried to talk about some time ago with a video reference from Thomas Sowell from YouTube. Unlike the Igbos and even to a small extent the Hausas, the South West are not into the practice of the MIDDLE-MEN system of wealth building and accumulation. And I dare say there are more Hausas in the South East and South South than there are the South Westerners.

You have to be ready and willing to leave your comfort zone and start new and fresh in an unknown place to succeed in this kind of system. The Igbos and to an extent the Hausas can, not very much the Yorubas.

I talked with a Muslim lady who did her NYSC service in Enugu State. She and family were doubtful of her going to serve there but after it all she said she made a lot of friends and even after she returned they still keep in touch and would have visited them but what would she say to family she's going to do there again?

Maybe all it takes is a little courage to take a leap out and about. But at the end of the day "LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE"! wink

NOTE: I am not Igbo and have never been there, by the way.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by mrhowoto: 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
True talk

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Tinubuwins2023e: 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Rubbish talk. SE is a dead state where people can hardly succeed. Who goes to such place

273 Likes 24 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Rubbish talk. SE is a dead state where people can hardly succeed. Who goes to such place

Hausas and a host of others do. But you wouldn't know cause you're cozy and comfortable under mummy' wrapper in Daddy's father's compound. When and if you finally are ready to be a man and f*ck out that village you're in you'll know. Right, Bamidele?

151 Likes 15 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Kenneth4u205(m): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
There is nothing like dead zone my Yoruba Muslim brother. Dubai was a desert land 20 years ago .but today the biggest city.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
SouthEast is 99% indigenous and 1% of other tribes. The Yorubas should explore South-East as Igbos explored SouthWest.

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
EmekaA125:
SouthEast is 99% indigenous and 1% of other tribes. The Yorubas should explore South-East as Igbos explored SouthWest.

Yes, I hear they like and marry the South East women a lot. More than I can say about myself.

Don't just go there only when it's time to marry, go there also to succeed and find new grounds. Dominate the earth my South Western brothers.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Ballmer: 9:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
Awesome but if you have any Igbo blood in you may your life be filler with misery regret pain n excruciating agony.

LocalStandard1:
I am going to give my unapologetic, unbiased opinion about this topic of discuss based on my knowledge and observations about human interactions and relationships. I'll be brief.

Let me start with this personal example, experience.

Some years ago when I got registered in the gym I entered and saw what caused me to be afraid, intimidated and doubtful if I can even do it at all. I saw big and muscular guys in the gym lifting big and unimaginable weights, I was demoralized and thought of quitting many times over.
But my mind is stronger than my body and I refused to stop, refused to be intimated and daunted by the negative criticisms. Today every gym I go I am soon called "heavyweights", people sit and watch in amazement when I hit the gym.

1.| The first reason there aren't many South Westerners in the East is cause many are afraid to compete with the Igbos and are already intimidated by the high hustle spirit of these other people. They subconsciously ask, "if these people can come to my town and outdo me do I even stand a chance in theirs?"

Just like me some years ago in the gym, they are afraid of competition and are intimidated by the high hustling spirit. But Unlike me, they never even try.

2.| This second reason is one I tried to talk about some time ago with a video reference from Thomas Sowell from YouTube. Unlike the Igbos and even to a small extent the Hausas, the South West are not into the practice of the MIDDLE-MEN system of wealth building and accumulation. And I dare say there are more Hausas in the South East and South South than there are the South Westerners.

You have to be ready and willing to leave your comfort zone and start new and fresh in an unknown place to succeed in this kind of system. The Igbos and to an extent the Hausas can, not very much the Yorubas.

I talked with a Muslim lady who did her NYSC service in Enugu State. She and family were doubted of her going to serve there but after it all she said she made a lot of friends and even after she returned they still keep in touch and would have visited them but what would she say to family she's going to do there again?

Maybe all it takes is a little courage to take a leap out and about. But at the end of the day "LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE"! wink

NOTE: I am not Igbo and have never been there, by the way.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 9:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
When will you fools stop this rubbish talk ??

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by sekundosekundo: 9:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

A region that has the biggest market in West Africa..dead end?

FYI; Those in SE succeds faster than those in SW.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Roboto11: 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
Even Chinese people no dey go SE.

grin

160 Likes 11 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Boyewu: 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
You can leave a best place to to a good place (summary)

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Boyewu: 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
You can leave a best place for a good place (summary)

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Tinubuwins2023e: 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
sekundosekundo:

A region that has the biggest market in West Africa..dead end?

FYI; Those in SE succeds faster than those in SW.

80% of successful igbos succeed only because they travel from SE to SW to hustle. Next

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ballmer:
Awesome but if you have any Igbo blood in you may your life be filler with misery regret pain n excruciating agony.

Baba wetin I do you now? You complimented the effort then you immediately turn again, in the same sentence, to swear. Are you bipolar?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by totit: 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
Bia Op, Please, when you talk about the East are you referring to your state of origin or specifics states in that region cos the last time I check only Anambra and maybe some parts of Aba are highly concentrated on trading the rest are not known for that like Ebonyin, Enugu, Imo.

So, please, be specific stop the attache and state your state of origin, no roping, please. cool

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by Beremx(f): 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2023
You're not Igbo and you have never stepped your foot in Igbo land.
Your post shouldn't be taken seriously then.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Yes, I hear they like and marry the South East women a lot. More than I can say about myself.

Don't just go there only when it's time to marry, go there also to succeed and find new grounds. Dominate the earth my South Western brothers.
Yoruba girls are not marriageable and lack qualities needed for home building. So why won't every man irrespective of tribe go for Igbo ladies

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by sekundosekundo: 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

80% of successful igbos succeed only because they travel from SE to SW to hustle. Next

Why don't you do same and buy their lands instead of selling yours to them?

Get out of your comfort zone.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by waynetee(m): 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
You lack logical sense, if igbos are really sensible and hardworking. Then they should be in their zone now enjoying their best life but rather all the life that could be enjoyed in Nigeria for now is found in SW.

To be realistic , you're just acting like slaves everywhere, used and dismissed.

yorubas are more advanced than you in every area of life, it is obvious to any sane person. You are just chest beating nonentities found everywhere. let that sink into your pig brain!

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

And ur agbo sellers and tailors from SouthWest succeed more in SouthEast than Yorubaland? Ur ignorance stinks. You don't know that most traders in Lagos have branch or head office in Onitsha or Aba ?? Mugu embarassed embarassed

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Beremx:
You're not Igbo and you have never stepped your foot in Igbo land.
Your post shouldn't be taken seriously then.

You're not a politician, you've never participated in politics. Your opinions should not be taken seriously. How that?

I am not trying to speak Igbo hear but talk society and interaction.

10 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by sekundosekundo: 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
totit:
Bia Op, Please, when you talk about the East are you referring to your state of origin or specifics states in that region cos the last time I check only Anambra and maybe some parts of Aba are highly concentrated on trading the rest are not known for that like Ebonyin, Enugu, Imo.

So, please, be specific stop the attache and state your state of origin, no roping, please. cool

Coming from someone you has refused to talk about his own state of origin but only Lagos .

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by sekundosekundo: 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
waynetee:
You lack logical sense, if igbos are really sensible and hardworking. Then they should be in their zone now enjoying their best life but rather all the life that could be enjoyed in Nigeria for now is found in SW.

To be realistic , you're just acting like slaves everywhere, used and dismissed.

yorubas are more advanced than you in every area of life, it is obvious to any sane person. You are just chest beating nonentities found everywhere. let that sink into your pig brain!

Your advancement is like Lagos State IGR it doesn't reflect in your pockets.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
waynetee:

Let me try and say this as civil as I can.

To be stuck in your small village for eternity is not a sign of advancement but degenerate, prehistoric timidity.

The Chinese, Americans, Indians and all the most advanced and accomplished civilizations like Romans, Greeks and the rest would have still been living in caves if they think like you.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by totit: 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2023
sekundosekundo:

Coming from someone you has refused to talk about his own state of origin but only Lagos .

When did you and I have such tete-a-tete? grin

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by LocalStandard1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Cowardice is why Afonjas cannot move to other regions. They are permanently scared always exercising caution in everything and backstabbing at the first sign of danger.

Spits.
Quite prehistoric way of living.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by stonemasonn: 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
Number 1 is wrong. Yorubas are artisans by nature not traders, Yorubas will trive in an industrialized environment.
They are city dwellers too.
A Yoruba guy will rather stay in his village than relocate to an Igbo or Hausa village. There are alot of Yorubas in Portharcourt and Warri.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by waynetee(m): 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Let me try and say this as civil as I can.

To be stuck in your small village for eternity is not a sign of advancement but degenerate, prehistoric timidity.

The Chinese, Americans, Indians and all the most advanced and accomplished civilizations like Romans, Greeks and the rest would have still been living in caves if they think like you.

You have no reasonable point, would you rather go from heaven to hell fire? Why would i leave where i could do my work more efficiently and travel to terrorists den!

Common .. Yorubas travel to more advanced places like abroad, while you people come to yorubaland for greener pastures, that is the reality of things if you are lost.

They are way above you interms of reasoning.
SW is the comfort zone for now and the yorubas are the proud owner of it, best economy in Nigeria , best security, industrial hub, almost 90% of universities are located here, the list goes.. i do not think any sensible person would term them foolish and weak when they are living in the most competitive place in Nigeria .

How can we compete with you when we set the standards, the bests are here and what the best ones among you can do is try to catch up, that's why you come here to sell pants and boxers in 2x2 shop yorubas lend you.. Know your place abeg!

Every sane man wants a better life and would love to travel to greener pastures and yorubas lead the whole of Africa. Yorubas takes more than half of total Nigerians living in England today... It simply means yorubas always make it first before any Nigerian .. We are just not lousy like you people.

So You sound stupid saying we should compete with Igbos.... Can a white man come to Nigeria to compete?

50 Likes 14 Shares

Re: This Is Why There Aren't Many South Westerners In The East (pictures) by BabaO2: 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Hausas and a host of others do. But you wouldn't know cause you're cozy and comfortable under mummy' wrapper in Daddy's father's compound. When and if you finally are ready to be a man and f*ck out that village you're in you'll know. Right, Bamidele?
It is a dead end man, stop arguing ignorantly. Ask yourself, why the likes of psquare, cubana,etc chose lagos over eastern states, why many of them keep rushing westward. I lived there, moved around all the SE states up to PH for almost a year, the experience is like you are in village everywhere you were including their capitals probably except in PH. Hausas do for herding only

25 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Court Adjourned Atiku Petition Against Tinubu To May 18 / President Buhari Writes Kano Governor Over Maitama Sule's Demise / Constitutional Provisions For Defection —Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.