Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,409 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) (63026 Views)

Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV / Ashley Cole Scores First Ever FA Cup Goal / Derby County Signs Ashley Cole (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2019
nattyjay:
That dribble sparked Ronaldo's career forward and did Ashley Cole otherwise

Ashley Cole had a wonderful n very successful career as well.
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by DateMynd44(m): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2019
OlawaleBammie:
Dat was wen i hated d guy simply bcus he was on a book of robber man u. but now he's my nigga, played his ass out for us at estadio santiago bernabeu before switching allegiance.
will you sharap
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by MOVIC6: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2019
Melison:

All the rubbish u posted has been done by players please stop displaying nuisance and telling us that u only read newspaper not watch football

Name those that did them completely
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by MOVIC6: 10:58am On Aug 04, 2019
FuckThaMod:

As usual, i was waiting for messi fans to arrive and start listing his achievements undecided
Shows how great CR7 is cool

The mistake you make is comparing him to Messi despite his greatness, try compare him with Neymar

1 Like

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by Beverlyjean(f): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2019
MOVIC6:

The mistake you make is comparing him to Messi despite his greatness, try compare him with Neymar

They both hv 5 balon d'Or and Ronaldo has more top 3nominations and u still say they can't b compared... Yes they are being compared ,Ronaldo is better... someone using a non competitive la Liga to b claiming best

1 Like

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by OlawaleBammie: 11:08am On Aug 04, 2019
DateMynd44:
will you sharap
Ahaa, why?? i colet ur wife??

1 Like

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by MOVIC6: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Lol, messi has never scored a 30m freekick. His freekick vs Liverpool was just 29 yards(<26m). Ronaldo scored a 30m+ freekick vs arsenal. A 30m+ freekick vs marseille. A 30m freekick vs Denmark in 2011.
Luiz adriano has also scored 5 goals in a champions league game. Ronaldo has scored 5 goals in a game twice. Aguero has done it 5 times; messi only once.
Err. Neymar dribbled 6 players to score in a game between PSG and Gijon. There are some solo goals that have 7+ dribbles.
Close control? Bernardo silva, insigne, Dybala all have it to the highest level. If you claim messi does close control at high speeds you would have to show that messi even runs at high speed in the first place.
CR7 and Ronaldinho both have much quicker feet that messi. They can touch the ground more than 10 times in a second.
Nutmeg? Lol. Even Suarez has more nutmegs than Missi.
Precise and accurate passing? Can you post his stats for Passing accuracy(long and short passes) and cross accuracy for the past four years. Has he ever had 90% passing accuracy(short or long) in any season? Xavi used to boast 95%+ and Toni kroos has had averages of 98% sometimes.

All the above mentioned is one person in MESSI, he does all those things like he's born with it, others do it out of need. Enjoy and he's still scoring and assisting more than every godam place you jus mentioned, STILL dribbled more than them, STILL passed accurately more than them, STILL NUTMEG accurately more than them, u jus asked a foolish question which I will give u a reasonable answer yes MESSI HAS a quicker foot than Ronald, like I said u like him not that he's better than the best...

Hand of God in football- Pele

Ronald does not reach the level of Messi- David Beckham

Team Player- Steven Gerrard

He knows how to play, score and make the other players play. He is always there. With all the respect to all the players, first to Cristiano Ronaldo—congratulations to him for the award—I think Messi is on another level.”- Pep Gaurdiola

"I love how Messi plays football. If I had to choose a favorite player, I would definitely choose him. It is about taste, I like Messi better- Javier Saviola

. "For me, the top three players in history are Messi, Pele, and Maradona," - Mourinho

Messi. I would have loved to continue playing alongside him.- Ronaldinho

If I had to choose between Messi and Ronaldo, then most likely I would choose Messi," - Diego Some one

"Messi is out of this world. Cristiano, too, but I see Leo as more complete."- De Lima De Ronaldo

I would still stay with Messi. Scoring is important, no doubt, but if you do not have anyone to prepare, then the ball is not enough -PELE

THEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH PEPE IT MEANS TO YOU HES NOT A PLAYER OR THE BEST OF HIS TIME.

ARGUE WITH YOUR ANCESTORS.
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by tfash96(m): 11:16am On Aug 04, 2019
ucsquare:
GOAT for a reason... not like a particular midget that loves playing the blame game and waiting for a particular federation to dash him a trophy..

#NonsenseAndTheMidget..
ur opinion doesn't matter MESSI is Football.. Don't u listen to commentators.. They do say Messi the Magician.. Reasonable football fans don't use particular trophy to judge players they use individuality.. If it's by trophy both club and country then Dani Alves is the greatest of all time he's even good too individually..Because Giroud won World Cup ur Penaldo never won he's better than ur Ronaldo

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by tfash96(m): 11:22am On Aug 04, 2019
Astark:
you people must always drag messi into it. Its funny because we don't even see ronaldo as messi rival, he's just an overrated neymar.

Messi will always be the greatest
yeepa overrated Neymar grin grin grin grin

Is it rape allegation u just used to compare them

Messi wasn't born of human he's an angel in human form

Long live Leo Messi king of football
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Lol, messi has never scored a 30m freekick. His freekick vs Liverpool was just 29 yards(<26m). Ronaldo scored a 30m+ freekick vs arsenal. A 30m+ freekick vs marseille. A 30m freekick vs Denmark in 2011.
Luiz adriano has also scored 5 goals in a champions league game. Ronaldo has scored 5 goals in a game twice. Aguero has done it 5 times; messi only once.
Err. Neymar dribbled 6 players to score in a game between PSG and Gijon. There are some solo goals that have 7+ dribbles.
Close control? Bernardo silva, insigne, Dybala all have it to the highest level. If you claim messi does close control at high speeds you would have to show that messi even runs at high speed in the first place.
CR7 and Ronaldinho both have much quicker feet that messi. They can touch the ground more than 10 times in a second.
Precise and accurate passing? Can you post his stats for Passing accuracy(long and short passes) and cross accuracy for the past four years. Has he ever had 90% passing accuracy(short or long) in any season? Xavi used to boast 95%+ and Toni kroos has had averages of 98% sometimes.
Don't mind them. Even the great Ronaldo "The Phenomenon" had better close control and did more marvelous things than the Messi they want to make "Greatest Ever" by force.

1 Like

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by Bawofss(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

God bless u, u just made my day

1 Like

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by tfash96(m): 11:35am On Aug 04, 2019
Beverlyjean:

They both hv 5 balon d'Or and Ronaldo has more top 3nominations and u still say they can't b compared... Yes they are being compared ,Ronaldo is better... someone using a non competitive la Liga to b claiming best
What is now difference btw Barcelona winning la liga and Juve winning serie A.. Y can't he go and win serie A with Cagilari if truly he's 1 in million years.

Someone that never played in epl has more goals against top 6 clubs than ur tap in merchant and u think ur life won't spoil if he comes to epl... See I can use my life to bet it if Messi comes to epl I will just me give him at most 3 weeks to a month for his adaptation and after that u are doomed
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by Stormyweather(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2019
1zynnvn:
Legend has it that Ashley Cole is still sitting there till this day
this is some witty stuff cheesy
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by chiefobdk(m): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
Eyah, that was the Manchester United I feared. grin
All they have now are some chicken players on huge wages. cheesy And now they are about to sign Dybala. Haha
Well, I don’t mind if United get Dybala. He’ll complete the quintet of overrated and overpaid attackers in that side. United fans think Martial is some kind of superstar that can bring the Ronaldo vibe back when he’s struggling to hit 10 goals a season. Rashford is decent, but again 10 goals and 6 assists are not great numbers and the less said about Lukaku, Lingard, and Sanchez the better.
Love CR7 by the way.
Gunners for life.

They are still more successful than arsenal

1 Like

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by DateMynd44(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Ahaa, why?? i colet ur wife??
why insult my darling Manchester United the Best club in history
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by Beverlyjean(f): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2019
tfash96:
What is now difference btw Barcelona winning la liga and Juve winning serie A.. Y can't he go and win serie A with Cagilari if truly he's 1 in million years.

Someone that never played in epl has more goals against top 6 clubs than ur tap in merchant and u think ur life won't spoil if he comes to epl... See I can use my life to bet it if Messi comes to epl I will just me give him at most 3 weeks to a month for his adaptation and after that u are doomed

I keep on saying u Messi acts have brain defects... U say he scored EPL teams in the CL like if he joins EPL, he will go along with Barcelona... Someone that can't win anything with Argentina ... That's how shevchenko was destroying EPL teams in the CL till he joined Chelsea .... At least Ronaldo has played in 3 different leagues ....let Messi go join another team and let's watch him flop like Argentina

2 Likes

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by livebyday(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2019
BroadStreetBull:
Dreamer.

Ronaldo will not even make the podium (top 3) this year.

Well then, you might as well tell us what Ronaldo had for breakfast today because obviously your head is tucked very nicely and deeply in Ronaldo's assh0le.

Do not ever be rude to me again young man, I am not your mate!

Learn to speak to elders with respect

I wasn't addressing you if you do not like my opinion state yours

You have no right to insult me or anyone on this forum do that again and there will be consequences
Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by tfash96(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
Beverlyjean:

I keep on saying u Messi acts have brain defects... U say he scored EPL teams in the CL like if he joins EPL, he will go along with Barcelona... Someone that can't win anything with Argentina ... That's how shevchenko was destroying EPL teams in the CL till he joined Chelsea .... At least Ronaldo has played in 3 different leagues ....let Messi go join another team and let's watch him flop like Argentina
Baba it's u who's suffering from brain disease.. U compared shevchenko to Messi.. Who the hell is Shevchenko.. Like seriously u have been cursed.. What's so special in playing with 3 different teams that without u they re big team and they've won ucl b4 u got there.. Simply bkos Buffon never won ucl he shouldn't be GOAT for Keepers

U are a fool

2 Likes

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by BroadStreetBull(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
livebyday:

Do not ever be rude to me again young man, I am not your mate!

Learn to speak to elders with respect

I wasn't addressing you if you do not like my opinion state yours

You have no right to insult me or anyone on this forum do that again and there will be consequences
Cheers
No be only elder.

Na elder dey make that kain comment?

Abeg commot for here jare'
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by BroadStreetBull(m): 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2019
Bawofss:

God bless u, u just made my day
He made your day?

Really?

All that nonsense he typed there?

He just compared Messi with up to 20 different players.

Not just one player but 20.

That is the greatness of Messi.

If that is how they make your day then you're very very cheap.

2 Likes

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by blackgold90(m): 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2019
olujosh301:

Common stop it
Messi isn't on jj okochas and ronaldinhos dribbling level
Were you born yesterday??

I was born this morning
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by optimusprime2(m): 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2019
1zynnvn:
Mah Niqqa cool
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by Laurene: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2019
BroadStreetBull:
Dreamer.

Ronaldo will not even make the podium (top 3) this year.

Well then, you might as well tell us what Ronaldo had for breakfast today because obviously your head is tucked very nicely and deeply in Ronaldo's assh0le.
we will see.. I hope you won't cry partiality when he finally wins it

3 Likes

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
BroadStreetBull:
He made your day?

Really?

All that nonsense he typed there?

He just compared Messi with up to 20 different players.

Not just one player but 20.

That is the greatness of Messi.

If that is how they make your day then you're very very cheap.
I swear very silly analogy, it's just like saying that Sunil Chetri of India is better than Messi because he has more international goals. Shows the shallow mindedness of some people all because of hatred, people learn to hate constructively.
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by Rockyrascal(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
ucsquare:
GOAT for a reason... not like a particular midget that loves playing the blame game and waiting for a particular federation to dash him a trophy..

#NonsenseAndTheMidget..
a wise man once said there is no "topic about Ronaldo you don't bring up Messi"

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by aminusodiq(m): 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
MOVIC6:
MESSI HAS DONE WHAT MANY NEVER DID IN FOOTBALL

NUTMEG
DRIBBLE AND SCORE
SCORING WITH HEAD
SCORING WITH CHEST
SCORING A 30MTRS FREE-KICK
5 GOALS IN A MATCH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCH (non did that)
CONTROL
QUICK FOOT
PRECISE AND ACCURATE PASSING
MASTER DRIBBLER
HIGHEST GOAL SCORER IN LALIGA
HIGHESH GOAL ASSIST IN EUROPE

AM TIRED OF TALKING SENSE INTO PEOPLE SO IF YOUR STILL WANT TO ARGUE THEN YOU JUS LIKE RONALDO NOT JUST THAT HE'S BETTER THAN MESSI OKAY.

MESSI IF FOOTBALL AND FOOTBALL IS MESSI, STILL YET TO SEE SOMEONE LIKE HIM...
u missed d key stats in d nost prestigous trophy!!! Uefa championsleage � d grop stage wonder �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by optimusprime2(m): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
tfash96:

Bro till today, Messi has not adapted to Argentina's national team... there is obviously no chemistry, to the extent that Dybala always has to be the sacrificial lamb for Messi in the Argentine team, always sitting out games in order for Messi to be accommodated. How many times has he gone into retirement because of his national team frustrations?

If Messi comes to EPL, that may be the end of his career on a serious note.

2 Likes

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by Beverlyjean(f): 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
tfash96:
Baba it's u who's suffering from brain disease.. U compared shevchenko to Messi.. Who the hell is Shevchenko.. Like seriously u have been cursed.. What's so special in playing with 3 different teams that without u they re big team and they've won ucl b4 u got there.. Simply bkos Buffon never won ucl he shouldn't be GOAT for Keepers

U are a fool

U are the natural fool... U are angry cos u know it's the truth... Shevchenko, former European player, if he played in Milan all his career, he would hv been one of the greatest of all time but that move to Chelsea killed that chance ...that's the same reason ur fake goat is scared of leaving mummy's breast

1 Like

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by pyro62(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2019
1zynnvn:

grin grin grin You don bust my head
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by DONADAMS(m): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2019
that eni guy go soon come here.. always comes late to the party with his comments asslicking Messi..he'll qoute every single post that attacks messi

1 Like

Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by teekay213(m): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2019
Sellfish:
It is well

Pls buy my perfectly working lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon laptop... Check my profile for details... Price crashed to 70k...money needed urgently
if you gree 50k and how to get it to Ibadan
Re: When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) by OlawaleBammie: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2019
DateMynd44:
why insult my darling Manchester United the Best club in history
haaaaaa i understand, i understand.
i understand Howard webb gesture on d field of play.
i understand fergie's minutes.
i understand.

btw did i hear u say best club in history?? Lol, fergie must have passed u his weed before he retired grin go to the theatre of dreams nightmares and ask which team is d best in history, am sure dey wil direct u to d capital of dat particular country in d Iberian region provided dem never smoke as well grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thiago Messi VS Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. Who Is The Next Legend? / Reactions As 'Rubber' Man Shows His Flexibility (Photos) / American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.