Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance (15867 Views)

Buhari: I Came Into Office On 19th Of May 2015 / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" / Saraki Considers Running Against Buhari: ‘I Believe I Can Make The Change’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by edunwablog: 5:51am On Aug 04, 2019
Former Vice President and presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 general election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has challenged President Muhammadu Buhari to address concrete issues of misgovernment and devastation his administration has caused Nigerians. Atiku asked Buhari to stop intimidation and campaign of calumny against the judiciary and opposition elements.

Reiterating his resolve to continue “to stand up and speak for millions of countrymen and women who have become victims of his (Buhari’s) misrule and grand cluelessness”

The former vice president’s comments were in response to allegations by the Presidency on Saturday that he was playing up negative developments in the country and raising harmful sentiments in pursuit of his ulterior motives.

The Presidency had described Atiku’s swift reaction to the allegation of secret burial of 1,000 Nigerian soldiers in hollow graves by Wall Street Journal as a ploy to influence judicial decision in his ongoing challenge of Buhari’s election, “because he’s blinded by unbridled ambition.”

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, in a statement titled, “Atiku’s Unrelenting Appeal to Emotion: A Gambit Doomed to Fail,” accused the former vice president of merely appealing to emotion in a bid to whip up sentiment and influence the decision of the judiciary on his petition before the Presidential Appeal Tribunal.

But reacting, in a statement by his media aide, Paul Ibe, Atiku said his sustained interventions on the state of the body politic were to provide a voice for millions of victims of Buhari’s misrule. He said Nigerians were reawakened by the United Nations to the brutal reality of how poorly the president had managed the country’s economy with a damning verdict that 98 million Nigerians live in multi-dimensional poverty.

Atiku said, “Like it is typical of General Buhari and his handlers, they didn’t make any comment about the scary statistics coming from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Perhaps, one reason they didn’t want to comment on the report is because it is factual – Nigerians in the past four years indeed live in multi-dimensional poverty.
“Quite regrettably, too, the administration has been groping in the dark since 2015, the reason majority of Nigerians decided not to reward their failures during the February 23 presidential poll, consequently, leading to the heist that characterised the conduct of that poll.

“The other plausible reason they didn’t deem it fit to respond to the report is because Atiku Abubakar has yet to make a remark on the report.”

The statement also said, “If the only reason why the Buhari administration will react to the affliction it has brought on Nigerians is for Atiku to call the nation’s attention to how bad things have gone in the country under the slumber of General Buhari, Atiku will more than always be ready to stand and speak up for the millions of countrymen and women, who have become victims of his (Buhari’s) misrule and grand cluelessness.

“A Commander-in-Chief, who fits the bill, will not act unconstrained about reports from a reputable media organisation on welfare and wellbeing of troops at the frontline of combat. Shamefully, however, up till this moment, the Buhari administration won’t cause even a blinker on the damning report.”

According to Atiku, “Like is the case with other dysfunctional aspects of the system, his (Buhari’s) administration prefers to live in denial, relying on propaganda – the only machine that they know how to operate without a glitch.

“We need to restate that Atiku Abubakar respects the practical purpose of the judiciary as an arm of government saddled with the responsibility of dispensing justice.

“Therefore, for the Buhari administration to call out the judiciary on how they might choose to do their job is not only an emotional blackmail to the bench, it is also very disrespectful to the integrity of the honourable justices of the court of law.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/08/04/atiku-to-buhari-i-speak-for-millions-victims-of-your-governance/amp/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by deji17: 5:56am On Aug 04, 2019
Atiku can continue to bark like a rabid dog on social media. But one thing that is sure is that Atiku is not cumming. Wailers can continue to wail.

45 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Natoski5(m): 5:57am On Aug 04, 2019
The guy above me is something else, bruh chill na.....

Nevertheless Atiku is still CUMing

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by escodotman: 6:05am On Aug 04, 2019
History don't lie and remembers everyone accordingly. Buhari would be remembered as the worst president of Nigeria since independence.

During Buhari's time;
Economy became worst ever
Insecurity became worst ever
Unemployment became worst ever
Poverty became worst ever (even his follow Northerners were the most hit)
INEC became an arm of the APC
Senate became a rubber-stamp
Rewarding crooks and corrupt people after joining APC
Unlawful arrests and illegal detention the order of the day
Disobedience to the courts
Tribalism, bigotry, ethnicism were the benchmark of his government.

One thing is for sure, Buhari won't remain on the seat for ever.

The set of people Nigerians should feel sorry for are the ones still cheering him on despite his obvious failures.

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by WonderManly(m): 6:07am On Aug 04, 2019
Yes thats my mentor the IP "Incoming President". Never give hope: Atiku is still coming back. Always Atikulated Obidiently.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Aonkuuse(m): 6:13am On Aug 04, 2019
In every government of the world there are always victims of a certain government, those who don't want to come together and build a nation irrespective of their political party, those who are hiding behind the shield of religion and Herdsmen to cause insecurity and of course the wailers and the pained ones. Sir you are speaking on behave of your children and your stomach. You left APC not because it was bad but because Buhari did not compensate you for what you did for him in 2015 with the likes of Saraki complaining of spending 200 million for Buhari's election. Suddenly you guys became advocates. Even if it was by rigging Buhari came back to power I believe God was there watching not to allow Nigerians fall from already hot frying pan to fire.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by pastie(m): 6:19am On Aug 04, 2019
coming from the man wey sabi

Not some burukutu sipping, gworo decaying tooth of a president whose only mission is to seat and watch aisha lapdancing for him.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Criticaltemp: 6:29am On Aug 04, 2019
Buhari has hear problem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by myfan: 6:50am On Aug 04, 2019
sad
Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Abdul05: 6:58am On Aug 04, 2019
grin grin
Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Simplyleo: 7:02am On Aug 04, 2019
[s]
escodotman:
History don't lie and remembers everyone accordingly. Buhari would be remembered as the worst president of Nigeria since independence.

During Buhari's time;

The set of people Nigerians should feel sorry for are the ones still cheering him on despite his obvious failures.
[/s]
Is athifku still cuming? angry

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Ultimatezlant: 7:38am On Aug 04, 2019
Ok

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by helinues: 7:40am On Aug 04, 2019
Is Atiku also joining the revolution protests tomorrow?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by pointstores(m): 7:40am On Aug 04, 2019
Is all right birds of desame wing a new wind of revolution will spring soon
Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by zikter(m): 7:41am On Aug 04, 2019
Looters self forming activists

8 Likes

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Chiedu4Trump: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2019
many nations have natural disasters!

Nigeria does not have any natural occurring disaster!

So they foolishly went to go & elect one,

BUHARI is an elected disaster

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by jojo1415: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2019
Atiku de only dreaded APC night mare..... Atiku is coming u better believe it!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Donpeak(f): 7:42am On Aug 04, 2019
Atiku Atiku, you and your brother Buhari should go and siddon.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by eyeview: 7:42am On Aug 04, 2019
Even those being victimised and impoverished by buhari's incompetent govt are attacking Atiku Abubakar for speaking out for them. Slavery mentality is indeed very bad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Yakade(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2019
If Abacha can fall, Buhari will.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Afamed: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2019
helinues:
Is Atiku also joining the revolution protests tomorrow?
Person wey dey enjoy him loot for Dubai

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Afamed: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2019
Yakade:
If Abacha can fall, Buhari will.
You go wait tire

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Cmeo(m): 7:45am On Aug 04, 2019
It's like Mr. Atiku is speaking for those that are siphoning Nigeria's money and pass a little of the stolen fund to the millions of Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 04, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Is athifku still cuming? angry

The economy et al is still bad under your Buhari.

Atiku is not fit to be our representative, but Nigeria under APC has not been made better. Your leadership has no ideas on how to make things better, and doesn';t want to.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Nanorest: 7:47am On Aug 04, 2019
Why didn't you speak on ruga

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by SillyMods: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2019
[s]
escodotman:

During Buhari's time;

[/s]
Buhari is the next best thing to happen to Nigeria after independence.

Argue with your ancestors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Nnwannsukka(m): 7:48am On Aug 04, 2019
What I am surely aware of is that this Nation will still come to stay in Good one day, Revolution will still find is way to this nation, I know it may tarry but we will rejoice one day.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by SillyMods: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2019
[s]
Naijafull19:

The economy et al is still bad under your Buhari.

Atiku is not fit to be our representative, but Nigeria under APC has not been made better. Your leadership has no ideas on how to make things better, and doesn';t want to.

[/s]
If Buhari was as half bad as you paint him on social media, he would have lost the election woefully. grin cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by retake89(m): 7:50am On Aug 04, 2019
Aonkuuse:
In every government of the world there are always victims of a certain government, those who don't want to come together and build a nation irrespective of their political party, those who are hiding behind the shield of religion and Herdsmen to cause insecurity and of course the wailers and the pained ones. Sir you are speaking on behave of your children and your stomach. You left APC not because it was bad but because Buhari did not compensate you for what you did for him in 2015 with the likes of Saraki complaining of spending 200 million for Buhari's election. Suddenly you guys became advocates. Even if it was by rigging Buhari came back to power I believe God was there watching not to allow Nigerians fall from already hot frying pan to fire.

Oga which God?
Re: Atiku To Buhari: I Speak For Millions, Victims Of Your Governance by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:51am On Aug 04, 2019
It is well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services / At Least 58 Senators Exiting As NASS Braces For Another High Turnover In 2023 / APC Leaders Angry Over Buhari Govt’s Neglect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.